Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

Seems to keep crashing on Chloe's quest when you're meeting with Nazeem, he throw the bomb and Chloe and my character gets the pink suit on, but the second after it CTD.

I've tried it many times, but it crashes exactly at that spot. Is this a known issue that someone has figured out a fix for or? I saw someone with the same issue on the regular Skyrim thread, but didn't seem to get any answers there.

Hello all.

I'm back to this after a long break (I was stuck on fallout 4 for ages. Just so much fun.), and I'm having some problems. Actually, it's the same problem I had last time, but now I just don't know what to do about it.

My game keeps crashing on struggle animations. Try to struggle out of any devious devices, and instant CTD. I fixed it the last few times by using an older edition of XPMSSE, but that's not an option anymore (you can't download an older version from the NMM page. Just the current one.). I'm using FNIS XXL, and it's run a bunch of times without problem or issue. Vortex (yeah, I know...) is telling me there isn't any problems, other than all the stuff from lovers lab being warned as "for skyrim, not special edition". Which is hot slag. I reinstalled the skeleton, but nothing changed.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Edit: I managed to dig up an old 4.20 copy of XPMSSE, and that solved the problem. I wish I knew why the newer versions always break the game for me.

So, new bug for me I have to ask about (even though the last two posts never got a reply, so I'll try all three at once).

New bug: None of the boots in DCL will equip, let alone lock. DD and CD boots have no issue with this, but DCL does. 

Old bug: The Bound Queen kills my armor rating the moment all items equip. The first time I had it, I reloaded before I got the final item and played for several hours with no issue. The moment I got the final piece, all armor ratings went to zero.

Question: Have the clothing items in DCL ever gotten an updated bodyslide? I use 8.2 and have the New CBBE bodyslide patch, but UUNP still has massive clipping issues for clothes.

I love this mod and want to keep it just for NPC's alone, but with several quests causing bugs or being unable to finish (Cursed Collar boots not equipping or locking), it's starting to feel like a lost cause to keep it installed.

On 9/10/2019 at 7:19 PM, kdoggg1971 said:

So, new bug for me I have to ask about (even though the last two posts never got a reply, so I'll try all three at once).

New bug: None of the boots in DCL will equip, let alone lock. DD and CD boots have no issue with this, but DCL does. 

Old bug: The Bound Queen kills my armor rating the moment all items equip. The first time I had it, I reloaded before I got the final item and played for several hours with no issue. The moment I got the final piece, all armor ratings went to zero.

Question: Have the clothing items in DCL ever gotten an updated bodyslide? I use 8.2 and have the New CBBE bodyslide patch, but UUNP still has massive clipping issues for clothes.

I love this mod and want to keep it just for NPC's alone, but with several quests causing bugs or being unable to finish (Cursed Collar boots not equipping or locking), it's starting to feel like a lost cause to keep it installed.

Decided to try different versions. 6.4 had no issues with boots locking and 8.1 only had two pair not locking, exhibitionist and cursed slave boots. 8.3 still had same issue 8.2 had. 

The Bound Queen still breaks armor rating in every version, but it is impossible to turn this quest off completely. I never got that quest on LE, so I'm not sure if it is a game issue or what.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been going at this for a while now, but long story short.. I am noticing some assets are "missing" (they equip, but aren't shown) for example, I noticed the bondage mittens weren't working.. I reinstalled all my mods (using nexus's "reinstall" option) and have built all available assets in bodyslide, I noticed some are missing their meshes (as in, they don't show any meshes in outfit studio) I have been trying this for 2 days now on this one issue, a whole month to try to get this mod working (I am a complete noob to modding) from switching from nexus, to mo2, back to nexus.. I use a CBBE body, and.. I think that's it! thanks in advance ^_^

On 10/1/2019 at 12:10 PM, fnhsf said:

I have been going at this for a while now, but long story short.. I am noticing some assets are "missing" (they equip, but aren't shown) for example, I noticed the bondage mittens weren't working.. I reinstalled all my mods (using nexus's "reinstall" option) and have built all available assets in bodyslide, I noticed some are missing their meshes (as in, they don't show any meshes in outfit studio) I have been trying this for 2 days now on this one issue, a whole month to try to get this mod working (I am a complete noob to modding) from switching from nexus, to mo2, back to nexus.. I use a CBBE body, and.. I think that's it! thanks in advance ^_^

A question on top of your questions.

What are the names of the mods you installed? I myself don't know the solution as I too am a noob with modding, but i'm also asking because my mods don't work because of the "children tags being replaced so have to disable DCL" and its infuriating. I don't have any other mods installed except the mods that are required.

On 8/20/2019 at 1:08 AM, Malphias said:

Ok, fuck this. I've had enough. This mod works fine but I am done. I can't talk to anyone without getting slapped into a device. I can't loot anything without being slapped in a device. Basically, your entire game will be spent in a ton of devices that can't be removed. All the keys you get won't do you any good because the sick fuck that made this mod saw to it that when someone puts a device on you, they take your keys. You drop your keys. You lose your keys. In one way or another, having keys don't mean a fucking thing. In the MCM you can disable what items you can that are 'High Security' and that doesn't mean a fucking thing either. You'll still get stuck in high security devices. I can't go more than an hour of play without having to use the safeword under debug to get this shit off because it interferes with the quests and activities I am doing in game. If this would only slap on devices in one dialogue every 100 to 200, fine. If devices are found in chests on looting 1 in 100, fine. But getting slapped with a device every third chest sucks. This...even when you have percentage chances turned down way low. So...no more.  Mod works great if you want to be bound up 24/7 while in-game.

The default settings for this mod are seriously nasty for anybody who tends to be a loot whore, and the trigger rate tends to be around 20-30% for the most part, but pretty much always triggers at the worst moment it can.  I normally knock the base chance down to somewhere around 0.5-1.0% and that tends to make it pretty rare for it to trigger, though getting a high arousal from what ever can be nasty as that can crank the trigger chance through the roof.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:23 PM, Arcelias said:

What are the names of the mods you installed? I myself don't know the solution as I too am a noob with modding, but i'm also asking because my mods don't work because of the "children tags being replaced so have to disable DCL" and its infuriating. I don't have any other mods installed except the mods that are required.

I have the essentials to run the game, SD+, and simple slavery +, the game runs fine, everything works just as intended, but the meshes aren’t showing up properly, and when I got to configure them in bodlyslide? They’re there, but missing any kind of meshes that they should have (I can send a screenshot if need be)

13 hours ago, ChocolateThunder2110 said:

Hello!

I was wondering what the best bodyslide preset is for this mod is. By that I mean the vagina and anal plugs do go in my players body but the vagina and butthole is further up. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

I’m not 100% on this but.. I would assume it would depend on the presets you used for your character, and whether you have CBBE, or UUNP, and what preset you have with that (I use CBBE curvy, but you may use something else)

On 10/4/2019 at 8:23 PM, Arcelias said:

also.. are you using MO2? I had issues with that working too.. I switched all my mods to nexus, got it all working, ran bodyslide, and now this.. so.. that may be the issue you're having as well?

2 hours ago, fnhsf said:

also.. are you using MO2? I had issues with that working too.. I switched all my mods to nexus, got it all working, ran bodyslide, and now this.. so.. that may be the issue you're having as well?

I actually use Nexus and I'm getting these problems. Its weird since it works for you and mine doesn't despite probably doing the same thing.

1 hour ago, Arcelias said:

I actually use Nexus and I'm getting these problems. Its weird since it works for you and mine doesn't despite probably doing the same thing.

Huh.. are you missing any mods that require it? like.. you have DDA, DDX, and DDI? (and all the other requirements I can't remember off the top of my head >~<)

5 hours ago, fnhsf said:

Huh.. are you missing any mods that require it? like.. you have DDA, DDX, and DDI? (and all the other requirements I can't remember off the top of my head >~<)

As if right now I believe I have everything, but also FNIS said this

>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_SexLabAroused_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<

>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_ZaZAnimationPack_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<

Im not sure if those are the things that's causing the children tags problem

But I think i know the sexlab aroused behavior is the reason the arousal thing isn't working

Update: I fixed it. Now I just need to see if the game actually works

Update 2: Now SSE won't even start after pressing play even though ive fixed the conflicts

I have a strange issue:

When DCL triggers a mysogyny/rape event, everything goes fine until the point where it prints to the log [DCUR] - Setting up PreScene.
Nothing will happen after that, unless i open some menu, or debug console.
The game is not frozen, everything is moving normally (only the victim and attacker are standing idle, waiting for DCL to continue with its thing).
When i open and close the main menu or debug console, DCL continues with the scene setup, until it "stops" again at some point and i need to open/close menu again, until eventually SexLab starts doing its thing and same thing happens to it too, and i need to open/close the menu yet again.

Waiting a long time (about 20-30 minutes) doesn't do anything, only opening and closing some menu will get things moving.
If i am at the point where SexLab already took over, then waiting long enough will only cause the SL thread to expire (at which point player gets stuck because DCL doesn't seem to account for that possibility and doesn't abort or release the player).

I believe the process gets first stuck inside PreScene(), somewhere between printing that message and tying the follower.
The message is printed, but the follower won't get tied up until i open/close the menu/console.
This is the relevant part of that function's body:

Spoiler

if dcumenu.debuglogenabled	
	debug.trace("[DCUR] - Setting up PreScene.")
endif
Game.DisablePlayerControls()	
if originflag == origin_trap || originflag == origin_sleep
	ImageSpaceModifier.Removecrossfade(1)		
	Utility.Wait(3)
endif	
; Last sanity check
Actor Rapist = dcur_Rapists.GetAt(0) As Actor
if Rapist.GetDistance(SexLab.PlayerRef) > 350 
	Rapist.moveto(SexLab.PlayerRef)
	Utility.Wait(1)
	if Rapist.GetDistance(SexLab.PlayerRef) > 350 
		Return False
	EndIf
endif
int z = dcur_followerlist.GetSize()	- 1			
while z >=0
	strip((dcur_followerlist.GetAt(z) As Actor), false)		
	hogtie(dcur_followerlist.GetAt(z) As Actor)			
	z -= 1
endwhile

The process gets stuck somewhere after the debug trace, and before the hogtie() call inside the while loop at the end.

Any idea why?

EDIT: in some tests it got stuck somewhere inside the strip() function.
I added debug trace to the first line of both strip() and hogtie(), and i only got the message from strip and the stripping didn't even happen until i did the menu thing.

EDIT 2: The second place where it gets stuck is after SexLab prints SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(PlayerTest) -- TRUE -- MISS, at which point i believe DCL is only waiting for SexLab to do its thing, so this is not a DCL problem, it seems rather global.

EDIT 3: It looks like the script engine keeps getting choked up.
I kept following the code starting from the rape event triggering in DCL, all the way to SexLab functions and into them, adding debug traces everywhere, and the more i add the less frequent the problem seems.
And after i rewrote some complicated one-liners in SexLab into a "proper" function spread across dozen lines, i dont get those chokepoints anymore.
That is mighty strange, maybe its just a coincidence? ...needs more testing.

EDIT 4: After removing most of the debug trace calls, the problem manifests again.
Could this be some thread issue, a race condition?

EDIT 5: In my attempt to track down the code that causes problems, i followed the code from dcur_library.PreScene() all the way down to sslActorAlias.SetActor(), to the line where it calls

ActorKey = MiscUtil.GetRaceEditorID(BaseRef.GetRace())

...that was the furthest i got while still getting output from the debug traces i placed along the way.
(actually, most of the time it stops few lines earlier, on/before the line where the script assigns value into IsTracked variable, but the line above is the furthest the script made it before the game "suspended" it, and that was only 2 out of 30 runs).
In at least 30 runs, no debug traces placed after this line produced any output.
Then i finally realized, that there must be something else going on - it's not the script code causign it, it must be something else that is maybe causing the game to suspend a script thread that was running too long, or something like that.
So, my first choice was SSE Engine Fixes - and guess what, after disabling it, the problem disappeared!
Now, i don't mean to blame SSE Engine Fixes alone, it can be still a combination of factors while SSE Engine Fixes is only one piece of the equation, but the reality is: if i disable it, problem disappears.

Is there anybody who is having this problem and NOT using SSE Engine Fixes?
Is there anybody who is using SSE Engine Fixes and doesn't have this problem?

EDIT 6: (2019-10-25)
While trying to find the problem, i rewrote most of the dcur_library, and about 43 other scripts.
To minimize thread switching, i replaced hundreds of external properties with local script variables, and moved dozens of functions to other scripts.
I also got rid of most of the Wait() commands, except for some cases where i clearly understood the reason behind them (i may went a bit too far, because some things are now happening too quickly, so i may have to put some waits back).
As a result of this, the problem is gone.
So, i think it is safe enough to conclude that SSE Engine Fixes do not cause the problem directly, they merely made it more apparent.

13 hours ago, Arcelias said:

As if right now I believe I have everything, but also FNIS said this

>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_SexLabAroused_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<

>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_ZaZAnimationPack_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<

Im not sure if those are the things that's causing the children tags problem

But I think i know the sexlab aroused behavior is the reason the arousal thing isn't working

Update: I fixed it. Now I just need to see if the game actually works

Update 2: Now SSE won't even start after pressing play even though ive fixed the conflicts

Ah, you downloaded the wrong Files, usually Skyrim won’t start with outdated mods that are used for oldrim, go through and fix those, if the problem continues? Make sure there are no errors anywhere look through the ones that it has errors for. ALSO if you have problems with the child tags, disable whatever mod you have that allows you to kill children, it removes the child tag off of children, and the physics engine recognizes them as adults (obviously, not very good with a mod like this..)