Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

Just noticed today that Cursed loot seems unable to detect dark brotherhood initiate as a follower. I tried using the scan followers feature to no avail.

Kind of a bummer because I like the follower and would love for her to get tied up during events. Is this a normal problem or my setup specific?

So I am getting a glitch that has me stumped.  I got everything installed and running in special edition.  Then started up a new character and went through the bound princess start, everything worked perfectly.  Got to helgan and picked up Chloe then we started to do the quest line to get her package back.  Again it all went smoothly until we reached whiterun and met Nazeem in the crypt.  I talk to him and he does his correct dialog, explosion happens and I get the note from him in my inventory and my character drops to the ground.  Then nothing happens.  I figured out that if I open and close the ~ menu it advances a stage.  First time I do it my character looses all her clothing, second time she gets a body suit put on, then the game crashes instantly.  I am a bit stumped but I do have my load order and a papyrus log of the event.  Unfortunately I am terrible at reading these logs lol so I am hoping one of you can help me decipher it.  If you need any more information its really easy to reproduce the glitch, I have a save in the crypt that I can load into fine and it always glitches the same way so let me know if there is anything I can provide to help.

Papyrus.0.log loadorder.txt

22 hours ago, startrecker said:

So I am getting a glitch that has me stumped.  I got everything installed and running in special edition.  Then started up a new character and went through the bound princess start, everything worked perfectly.  Got to helgan and picked up Chloe then we started to do the quest line to get her package back.  Again it all went smoothly until we reached whiterun and met Nazeem in the crypt.  I talk to him and he does his correct dialog, explosion happens and I get the note from him in my inventory and my character drops to the ground.  Then nothing happens.  I figured out that if I open and close the ~ menu it advances a stage.  First time I do it my character looses all her clothing, second time she gets a body suit put on, then the game crashes instantly.  I am a bit stumped but I do have my load order and a papyrus log of the event.  Unfortunately I am terrible at reading these logs lol so I am hoping one of you can help me decipher it.  If you need any more information its really easy to reproduce the glitch, I have a save in the crypt that I can load into fine and it always glitches the same way so let me know if there is anything I can provide to help.

Papyrus.0.log 74.34 kB · 0 downloads loadorder.txt 2.29 kB · 0 downloads

i hade the same problem, it was caused by the chainharness, look for yourself for followed files:

SKSE 2.0.12 runtime 1.5.62

SKSE 2.0.15 runtime 1.5.73

SKSE 2.0.16 runtime 1.5.80

you only need one, depending on which version of SKSE you have

and overwrite the entries in question with Curset loot regarding "Chain Harness" in your modmanager (probably Vortex)

or Just Install the new ALL IN ONE Installer:

So this might be a bit of a stupid question, but I wanted to get this mod back up and running since it looked like it had been updated for SE. I downloaded the AIO installer and everything works fine there. However when I downloaded Deviously Cursed Loot from the link below, and tried to install with Nexus Mod Manager, it throws an error that the path or file name is too long. It took all my other mods no problem, so I'm trying to figure out what is causing this issue and how I can fix it. Has anyone else run into this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hoDRTh5zVyTEddr8Kum-ewE-4UBgFp05/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Swapped to using Vortex instead of NMM and everything loads and appears to be working aside from several devices clipping

EDIT: I was able to fix it by first typing "set dcur_modshutdown to 0" in console, then click the "FREE ME!!!" button, then unchecking the "Shut down all functions" and lastly exiting the menu. 

I disabled the mod via the MCM menu in the debug section, which was the "Shut down all functions" button (or something like that) to get past a dungeon without the mod interfering. I now, a few hours of gametime later, want to enable it again. However, it won't allow me since the option either doesn't work or corresponds to another option.

The attached picture is what I see, and clicking that option doesn't do anything. Tried clicking it once, twice, close down MCM menu, save & load, restart game, nothing helped. Is it possible to enable it via console command or a config file? The dcur_modshutdown  command didn't do anything.

Spoiler

20190812163730_1.jpg

Any fix for this bug? I'm sure I'm not the only one to get it? When I loot and find a cursed device that I am forced to put on the game locks me in place. I can't move, just the camera. You can wait and wait and nothing will happen. However, if you hit the escape key to  bring up the game menu, then return to the game...the scene continues as normal.

Any way to make it just continue without having to exit and return to the game?

And this is not the only mod that does this. :/

Ok, fuck this. I've had enough. This mod works fine but I am done. I can't talk to anyone without getting slapped into a device. I can't loot anything without being slapped in a device. Basically, your entire game will be spent in a ton of devices that can't be removed. All the keys you get won't do you any good because the sick fuck that made this mod saw to it that when someone puts a device on you, they take your keys. You drop your keys. You lose your keys. In one way or another, having keys don't mean a fucking thing. In the MCM you can disable what items you can that are 'High Security' and that doesn't mean a fucking thing either. You'll still get stuck in high security devices. I can't go more than an hour of play without having to use the safeword under debug to get this shit off because it interferes with the quests and activities I am doing in game. If this would only slap on devices in one dialogue every 100 to 200, fine. If devices are found in chests on looting 1 in 100, fine. But getting slapped with a device every third chest sucks. This...even when you have percentage chances turned down way low. So...no more.  Mod works great if you want to be bound up 24/7 while in-game.

@MalphiasHave you even looked through the entire MCM menu? There are plenty of options to address each of your concerns. You can set it so you don't lose your keys, you can lower the chances of triggering traps (heck, you can even turn them off entirely!), you can set it so high security stuff does not get equipped.

Take a few minutes and look through the options. There are a ton of ways to customize your gameplay to make it as easy or as difficult as you like. If you have any specific questions after looking through the entire menu of options, I'll see if I can assist.

As far as your first concern, I had to deal with the same thing. After triggering a trap, nothing would happen as long as I would sit there. I just paused the game, alt tabbed out, then went back in and it resumed. Annoying, but I got used to it. Once I changed the setting to stop undressing my character when a trap gets triggered, I no longer had to do that. It seems the undressing mechanic is what was causing the problem for me.

19 hours ago, serranna said:

@MalphiasHave you even looked through the entire MCM menu? There are plenty of options to address each of your concerns. You can set it so you don't lose your keys, you can lower the chances of triggering traps (heck, you can even turn them off entirely!), you can set it so high security stuff does not get equipped.

Take a few minutes and look through the options. There are a ton of ways to customize your gameplay to make it as easy or as difficult as you like. If you have any specific questions after looking through the entire menu of options, I'll see if I can assist.

As far as your first concern, I had to deal with the same thing. After triggering a trap, nothing would happen as long as I would sit there. I just paused the game, alt tabbed out, then went back in and it resumed. Annoying, but I got used to it. Once I changed the setting to stop undressing my character when a trap gets triggered, I no longer had to do that. It seems the undressing mechanic is what was causing the problem for me.

I have done all that. I don't lose my keys...they get taken every single time someone locks me into something. I have turned off all high security devices but they still  happen (though this may be just Devious Devices and not this mod).  Using a prostitution mod I talked to someone in an inn after I had removed this one and, damnit, Horrible Harassment kicked in instead of my solicition and I wasn't interested so he slaps a chastity belt of misogny on me.  The bondage quest is fine  but should not trigger at random whenever the hell it feels like it. I was on a companion quest in Dustman's Cairn with Farkas and after looting a Silver Hand...I was gone. Transported far way all bound up and started on the Bondage Quest. Pissed me off.  Chance seems high even though base chance is 3%, dungeon is 7% and...the others are even lower than that. But still get slapped with a device with every third chest or body I loot.

Too much overkill as well (or maybe Devious Devices). Tired of getting slapped into 16 devices all at once...how many wrist cuffs can a person wear?

I'm fine now without it. I want bondage  but only when it's appropriate. As a slave or a prisoner. Not every damn time I talk to someone or open a chest.

This may be great for others, but it's not for me.

You can set it so NPCs do not steal your keys, as well as set it so NPCs don't constantly lock things on you. The option is there. I'd have to load the game to check the menu, but I know it can be set.

I understand if you do not like the mod, but I will say it is highly customizable. If you decide to give it a shot again, let me know and I can give you some suggestions on how to configure it.

I feel like I missed something really stupid, but I've tried to update DCL to 8.3 since I was using 6.4 for a while now. Despite testing it on a complettly new save and having the same setup as with 6.4 in MO, DCL 8.3 doesn't detect NIoverride, even after I updated Racemenu. I tried to check the requirements via the zip-file names, so I BELIEVE the requirments are up to date. Does anyone else encountered this error in the past?

So I've been gone for a while, but still I've attempted to make this mod work so many times, but I still keep getting the "child tags so have to disable DCL" Despite not having any other mod installed other than the required

I've only used vortex to download the mods. 

I've accessed Skyrim from Steam and have verified my files

I have Skyrim SE 1.5.8 and SKSE64 2_00_16 and have only installed the requirements and what I needed  from the requirements and I tried DCL 8.3 coverted to 7z, but still the same problem

Everything else is fine (as far as I know) its always only the Child tags problem

I literally need a step to step video or guide to even get this mod to work after many failed attempts, so I'm just gonna from the start (which btw i'm not good at modding, but I've gotten such good advice from previous posts, but to no avail)

So if possible could anyone help?

(If you have any questions for me ill probably have to ask you back on how/where to find it or how to know)

Can somebody please confirm how the "Premiun Line Shackles" are supposed to work during Chloe's quest (put on after talking to Nazeem)?

Specificaly: are the hands supposed to be bound in front?

...because (in DCL 8.3 SE i am currently testing) they are bound in front for the player char, but Chloe keeps walking perfectly unaffected - resp. her hands were bound the same way, but only until we stepped out of Halls of the Dead.

Once we exited back into Whiterun, she reverted to non-bound animations.

I dont see any errors in the papyrus log.

Is this normal or is this something that should get fixed? anybody knows why this happens?

EDIT:

Apparently, calling zadLibs.BoundCombat.EvaluateAA(actor) fixes the problem - when i call it on Chloe, she resumes the correct bound animations (only to revert back to unbound when going through another loading door).

So, i guess this should be called on NPCs everytime after they go through loading doors.

If i am correct, i doubt this would be something @Kimy missed? so something must be broken in my game?

On 8/27/2019 at 12:29 AM, Arcelias said:

So I've been gone for a while, but still I've attempted to make this mod work so many times, but I still keep getting the "child tags so have to disable DCL" Despite not having any other mod installed other than the required

I've only used vortex to download the mods. 

I've accessed Skyrim from Steam and have verified my files

I have Skyrim SE 1.5.8 and SKSE64 2_00_16 and have only installed the requirements and what I needed  from the requirements and I tried DCL 8.3 coverted to 7z, but still the same problem

Everything else is fine (as far as I know) its always only the Child tags problem

I literally need a step to step video or guide to even get this mod to work after many failed attempts, so I'm just gonna from the start (which btw i'm not good at modding, but I've gotten such good advice from previous posts, but to no avail)

So if possible could anyone help?

(If you have any questions for me ill probably have to ask you back on how/where to find it or how to know)

No children replacer installed? Or Sassy Teens or something like that?

On 8/26/2019 at 9:23 PM, AshitakaOkita said:

I feel like I missed something really stupid, but I've tried to update DCL to 8.3 since I was using 6.4 for a while now. Despite testing it on a complettly new save and having the same setup as with 6.4 in MO, DCL 8.3 doesn't detect NIoverride, even after I updated Racemenu. I tried to check the requirements via the zip-file names, so I BELIEVE the requirments are up to date. Does anyone else encountered this error in the past?

Try this one:

DCL HDT and script patch.7z

Hello, 

I have been waiting for some sort of update to DCL 8.3 SE conversion, because I still have the same problem that I had 2 months ago. 

(Mod crashes when using the Rape or Debug MCM menu)

I don't see any new patches, and I don't see anyone complaining about it so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. It happens literally 100% of the time on fresh installs and saves, and even with only DD and DCL related files active. No other mod (on my main install profile) has this kind of problem.

Hoping I missed something in the mess of the two forum threads. 

Thanks in advance.