Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

On 4/20/2024 at 4:42 AM, WolfPack51942 said:

Hey question is this the mod that adds dead girls in the dungeon of helgan with custom catsuits armor? i am trying to find the mod that did this again so i can use it in a roleplay start i want to do hence me asking here.

If you're talking about the dead girls in the torture chamber cages, then yes, this is the mod. FYI, you have to go to the Dollmaker's shop to get the gloves and shoes that go with the chest pieces of the girls.

On an unrelated note, I've spent three days trying to figure out why I kept getting the Net Immerse Override message whenever I tried to put on any footwear. Took me until now to figure out that my racemenu esp had somehow gotten deleted despite the mod being enabled. So now I feel like an utter moron.

2 hours ago, SeraSylver said:

I've spent three days trying to figure out why I kept getting the Net Immerse Override message whenever I tried to put on any footwear. Took me until now to figure out that my racemenu esp had somehow gotten deleted despite the mod being enabled.

It is helpful to the community that you reported the root cause of your problem. Hopefully that will help others in the future. 👍

5 hours ago, Herowynne said:

It is helpful to the community that you reported the root cause of your problem. Hopefully that will help others in the future.

I was trying everything from re-downloading every DD mod, to high heels fixes, and trawling reddit for the source. It was just pure luck that I noticed the esp missing. Anyway, hopefully if someone else is having the same issues, they can fix it easier.

Is there any alternative way to remove high security Steel Shackles? I got put in them by the guard in Markarth for indecency. I do not possess any keys as I have asked Dollmaster to be my keyholder for an entire month. The Universal Key does not work for them, they can't be struggled out or cut. Lockpicking attempts can only be done once per hour, however in 4 out of 5 cases I am unable to reach the mechanism. It doesn't seem like they are timed devices and blacksmiths do not unlock them as well. Safeword option for generic devices does not work for them and I am not going to nuke my Bound Queen progress by using the nuclear option.

My character is stuck 5th day in those and frankly this is getting a tad boring as I can't do anything just sit or walk around and occasionally get raped by a random NPC who may or may not add additional devices at the end. Surely there must be a way to get rid of them by asking someone or doing something.

1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

If those restraints have high security in name, then it removes only blacksmith by gold. If not, then only by lockpick. 

There wasn't even an option to pay for removing. And I could afford it. Selling devices from traps and apparel from surprise boxes to either Laura or Dollmaker made me rich. I think that is from a different mod entirely which I don't even have installed (SD+ or DFC?).

All I could do was ask and sometimes they would remove one or send me on A Little Bondage Adventure. But even after successfull return the shakles would not get removed. I gave up on lockpicking after 50 broken lockpicks. That's actual broken lockpick, not attempts (there was a lot more of those). I ended up skipping 30 days to end keyholder deal and added myself a hand restraint key and that unlocked it.

(On a sidenote: the money I got for this deal was totally not worth it. I could make that much just by selling two random potions I picked up in the first chest in any dungeon).

I then got pissed and rolled back 4 hours to before I got arrested, because much as I liked the legitimately interesting emergent gameplay and a bunch of misadventures that happened in that time, having to skip an entire month just to be able to do anything was too much.

Edited by belegost

How do I fix this? I had a collection of devious mods installed and functioning at one point and then had issues/lost interest. In the interest of trying to have a flawless execution this time I completely started fresh and tried to keep it simple. This occurs with any restraint of the wrists including yokes. It corrects during struggle, lockpick, any other animation that interacts with it causes it to appear normally but once it's done it goes back to this state. I included a mod list so anyone can tell me if/where there are any potential conflicts. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Appears that restraints that encase the hands while restrained (the combination of wrist cuffs and gloves, straightjacket, etc) I get phantom hands.

20240422162713_1.jpg

20240422162724_1.jpg

Modlist Pt1.png

Modlist Pt2.png

20240422171242_1.jpg

Edited by Maddog3316
More Info
14 hours ago, belegost said:

There wasn't even an option to pay for removing. And I could afford it. Selling devices from traps and apparel from surprise boxes to either Laura or Dollmaker made me rich. I think that is from a different mod entirely which I don't even have installed (SD+ or DFC?).

All I could do was ask and sometimes they would remove one or send me on A Little Bondage Adventure. But even after successfull return the shakles would not get removed. I gave up on lockpicking after 50 broken lockpicks. That's actual broken lockpick, not attempts (there was a lot more of those). I ended up skipping 30 days to end keyholder deal and added myself a hand restraint key and that unlocked it.

(On a sidenote: the money I got for this deal was totally not worth it. I could make that much just by selling two random potions I picked up in the first chest in any dungeon).

I then got pissed and rolled back 4 hours to before I got arrested, because much as I liked the legitimately interesting emergent gameplay and a bunch of misadventures that happened in that time, having to skip an entire month just to be able to do anything was too much.

I know it breaks immersion but situations like these are why I have DDe (Devious Devices Equip) installed just in case. I have been in too many situations where it seemed there was no legitimate way out of certain bindings (usually a conflict of mods adding the same or similar devices that caused it not to be able to be removed by normal means). You can use the option I'm pointing to in the screenshot, which doesn't nuke progress of any quest I believe, to remove all DD from player character. Alternatively, you can scroll down on that same menu and there should be an interaction option for each DD currently being worn by the pc and you can remove them individually that way if you're only wanted to be freed from specific DDs.

20240422165652_1.jpg

20240422165704_1.jpg

Edited by Maddog3316
50 minutes ago, Maddog3316 said:

How do I fix this? I had a collection of devious mods installed and functioning at one point and then had issues/lost interest. In the interest of trying to have a flawless execution this time I completely started fresh and tried to keep it simple. This occurs with any restraint of the wrists including yokes. It corrects during struggle, lockpick, any other animation that interacts with it causes it to appear normally but once it's done it goes back to this state. I included a mod list so anyone can tell me if/where there are any potential conflicts. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Appears that restraints that encase the hands while restrained (the combination of wrist cuffs and gloves, straightjacket, etc) I get phantom hands.

20240422162713_1.jpg

20240422162724_1.jpg

Modlist Pt1.png

Modlist Pt2.png

20240422171242_1.jpg

Since you have DD NG installed, it's best to ask over there since it changes how DD handles animations.

But in general, make sure you have OAR installed, and rerun FNIS. I didn't see OAR, so it might just be a missed requirement for DD NG.

The phantom hands are only there if you have some kind over overlay or ring. DD NG has an experimental option in the DeviousDevices.ini that should handle that. Enable this option:

# EXPERIMENTAL: If arm nodes should be hidden when straitjacket device is equipped (Straitjacket, boxbinder)
# Note: This might create incompatibility with Improved Camera, as that mod also hides these nodes
bHideArms       = false

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

Since you have DD NG installed, it's best to ask over there since it changes how DD handles animations.

But in general, make sure you have OAR installed, and rerun FNIS. I didn't see OAR, so it might just be a missed requirement for DD NG.

I'm not versed on abbreviations, what is OAR?

Edit: Nevermind

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

The phantom hands are only there if you have some kind over overlay or ring. DD NG has an experimental option in the DeviousDevices.ini that should handle that. Enable this option:

# EXPERIMENTAL: If arm nodes should be hidden when straitjacket device is equipped (Straitjacket, boxbinder)
# Note: This might create incompatibility with Improved Camera, as that mod also hides these nodes
bHideArms       = false

Is this editing the actual .ini file for DD NG? Do you do that in a text editor or something? Is it plain text?

Edited by Maddog3316
Fixed
22 minutes ago, Maddog3316 said:

I'm not versed on abbreviations, what is OAR?

Open Animation Replacer. It's like DAR (Dynamic Animation Replacer), but better. 

Remember to read the requirements when adding mods. This is DD NG's requirements:
image.png.d9b0b6a677970aae24dd8e4f604368b9.png

24 minutes ago, Maddog3316 said:

Is this editing the actual .ini file for DD NG? Do you do that in a text editor or something? Is it plain text?

Yes, it's the ini included with DD NG. Any text editor should work, it is plain text. I use Notepad Plus Plus.

I'm having issues where traps suddenly stopped working... it's both this and deviously enchanted chests as well. I think it might be the new eldenrim update that adds materials to dead bodies. But even after uninstalling that still no traps triggering. Nothing in papyrus logs as well. So no activation is detected.

Anyone have similar issues? Any possible solutions?

1 hour ago, ssskn said:

I'm having issues where traps suddenly stopped working... it's both this and deviously enchanted chests as well. I think it might be the new eldenrim update that adds materials to dead bodies. But even after uninstalling that still no traps triggering. Nothing in papyrus logs as well. So no activation is detected.

Anyone have similar issues? Any possible solutions?

any quests running in the DCL debug MCM? 
what is your arousal at?

how many devices are you wearing, if any?

23 hours ago, zarantha said:

any quests running in the DCL debug MCM? 
what is your arousal at?

how many devices are you wearing, if any?

0 devices, 0-100 arousal, no quests running. Already tried the fix me option. I'm at wits end, all day spent figuring this out.

Interesting part is that even in a new game devices/traps/keys aren't triggering. Only thing I was able to trigger were the keys in DEC mod.

Edit: Got it working! Yay! Woo! It was eldenrim. The updated version was messing with corpses using a perk.

Edit2: The current save was missing perks from DCL. It started working again after I consoled them in. If the MCMquest was reset-able it would make this easier.

Edited by ssskn
12 minutes ago, j8mbo88 said:

is there a way to stop this mod from ever disabling my fast travel since whenever i get the quest my fast travel is now perm gone 

The solution is to finish the quest or don't start one at all. The "Bound in Skyrim" main quest is not actually a quest that disables fast travel by itself, only the subquests matter. So you might not know if there is a quest on when you look in the quest journal (log), but the MCM debug tab.

For most people the issue is Chloe, but you can talk to her in Helgen Keep to abandon the quest (forever).

I'm just gonna leave this here

if you skipped getting Chloe like using alt life mod and got the quest thanks to the note here's what you do

you find the quest id through ssedit or le version, after you find it go into your game, once loaded into your save  type  in the command "stopquest" then the quest id boom you can fast travel now if that was the only cursed loot quest other than bound in Skyrim

15 hours ago, j8mbo88 said:

I'm just gonna leave this here

if you skipped getting Chloe like using alt life mod and got the quest thanks to the note here's what you do

you find the quest id through ssedit or le version, after you find it go into your game, once loaded into your save  type  in the command "stopquest" then the quest id boom you can fast travel now if that was the only cursed loot quest other than bound in Skyrim

I agree that if you pass by Chloe without talking to her and later read the note from the dead female Imperial soldier in the spider room, you will break Chloe's quest and effectively disable Fast Travel for the rest of your game.

I have been looking for a workaround for this problem, and the console command  stopquest dcur_chloeQuest  seemed like a good idea.

I just started a new game with vanilla start, passed Chloe, read the note, exited the cave and tested  stopquest dcur_chloeQuest  and yes it stopped Chloe's quest but unfortunately Fast Travel was still disabled in my game.

I also tried the console command  EnableFastTravel 1  but that did not enable Fast Travel either. ☹️

@j8mbo88 Was there also another step that you did to enable Fast Travel? Thanks!

Edited by Herowynne

Hello!
I realoded a fresh save after a couple of monthes with new set of mods.

It seems that I can't get Cursed Loot to properly trigger an event since a Quest Event proceeding in this file.

Spoiler

The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Special-Editi

So I must use the debug command "Free Me" with ALL worn items to stip the quests and enable the loot events.

Spoiler

Problem is I want to pursue the quests I started...

Is there a way to solve this bug without terminate the questlines?

Edited by limonotu
1 hour ago, limonotu said:

Hello!
I realoded a fresh save after a couple of monthes with new set of mods.

It seems that I can't get Cursed Loot to properly trigger an event since a Quest Event proceeding in this file.

Reveal hidden contents

So I must use the debug command "Free Me" with ALL worn items to stip the quests and enable the loot events.

Reveal hidden contents

Problem is I want to pursue the quests I started...

Is there a way to solve this bug without terminate the questlines?

It's not a bug, it's working as designed. You're meant to follow the quest line immediately on starting it. That means for most people, starting with freeing chloe and then all the way through the start of the dollmaker's quests until she's  willing to give you a break. 

If you're not ready to start that commitment, you need to stay out of helgen until you are ready. 

50 minutes ago, zarantha said:

It's not a bug, it's working as designed. You're meant to follow the quest line immediately on starting it. That means for most people, starting with freeing chloe and then all the way through the start of the dollmaker's quests until she's  willing to give you a break. 

If you're not ready to start that commitment, you need to stay out of helgen until you are ready. 

Thank you for the precision. I'm at the Bound Queen quest sequence (launch after visiting the Whip), so I will complete it and see.

30 minutes ago, limonotu said:

Thank you for the precision. I'm at the Bound Queen quest sequence (launch after visiting the Whip), so I will complete it and see.

You've missed the first break and started the next part as i recall. but you should be nearing the current end of the questline. That one or maybe one after should be all the quests currently in DCL for the bound in skyrim quest line. after that, traps should start working again.

I am having an issue with the quest "Learning the Ropes". I am at the temple of Dibella where I need to pick up an item while wearing the Dibella Robes. I talk to the NPC and have an animation play to undress then nothing. I can put the robes back on and do so again but then nothing. I know that a sex scene is supposed to play but it just does not start. Is there a solution to this?

Edit: Found the issue. I had to reset sexlab framework and re-register the animations. Perhaps this should be put under a common issues tab so that other people know the solution? I was seeing that other people had the same issue but it seemed that none of them could figure out the solution. I only figured it out because of an old post for an old version of DCL for Skyrim LE where someone suggested it masy be an issue but it was never confirmed after that.

Edited by Technomagica
15 hours ago, illenn said:

Any ideas what may cause devices to remain permanently equipped even after unlocking? I'm fairly certain it has to do with a calling error, but im not sure what would be causing it as I had no issues when running my previous game. 

If it's with some of the obsidian stuff (piercings i think), they're missing a keyword. console in leon's key to unlock them, or add the keyword and go through the end of the quest again.

If it's something else, they can become bugged. Simplest way to fix is to revert your save and try again. Or add Devious Devices Equip and see if it can remove them. Or search the thread or the DD SE thread for how to remove them using the console, it comes up often enough.

Also make sure you don't have any of the known conflicts that break unlocking. Old DD mods (assets, integration, expansion) or old patches, and things that are known to break unlocking listed in the troubleshooting post

Edited by zarantha