Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

5 hours ago, alexsl said:

Normally my quest with chloe is done and the quest im looking for hasn't started. Tough the bound in skyrim hasnt advance one bit. I dont really remember what the current objective but it was something really vague.

There is a break in the quest chain to let you take a break from all the bondage. Try talking to the dollmaker again.

Or look up the quest in your journal and post a screenshot here.

8 hours ago, alexsl said:

Normally my quest with chloe is done and the quest im looking for hasn't started.

if you update DCL 9.0 from 8.5 in middle game next quest not started. After complete Chloe quest you left in Dollmaker collar and start new quest Courier in chains.

If you do free me with nongenerics option, no more DCL 9.0 quest will started as all quest line is aborted.

You can start this quest manually by console, but it's not recommended as it screws up all other DCL quests and also this can be done only if other DCL quests not active.

Almost everything appears to be working properly - I can be bound, things render properly, and the settings in the Mod Configuration tab appear to be toggleable. Except that if I enable Rape or navigate to the Debug page of the mod's settings, the Mod Configuration tab no longer allows me to toggle any options or navigate to other mod settings. I can access other mod settings if I close and re-open the menu, but the Deviously Cursed Loot tab remains empty. When this happens, Deviously Cursed Loot ceases to function - I am unable to complete quests (such as Shopping), despite the presence of dialogue options.

Any suggestions? I've tried the basics, such as reinstalling DCL, Aroused, FNIS, and so on.

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by Wubwo
added clarity
15 hours ago, Wubwo said:

Almost everything appears to be working properly - I can be bound, things render properly, and the settings in the Mod Configuration tab appear to be toggleable. Except that if I enable Rape or navigate to the Debug page of the mod's settings, the Mod Configuration tab no longer allows me to toggle any options or navigate to other mod settings. I can access other mod settings if I close and re-open the menu, but the Deviously Cursed Loot tab remains empty. When this happens, Deviously Cursed Loot ceases to function - I am unable to complete quests (such as Shopping), despite the presence of dialogue options.

Any suggestions? I've tried the basics, such as reinstalling DCL, Aroused, FNIS, and so on.

Papyrus.0.log 47.21 kB · 1 download

It's the MCM loading issue from when you added the mod.

Kimy DCL MCM initialization: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=3205086
1. Start a new game.
2. Wait 30 secs, or not at all. It's really just telling Skyrim that you MEAN it. Or so.
3. Quit to menu.
4. Start another new game.
5. Enjoy. 

If you're in the middle of a game instead of the beginning, you're kinda screwed at this point.

You can try a clean save and complete remove DCL and uninstall it.

After you've loaded a clean save without DCL, save again.

Re install DCL and go through kimy's steps above and make sure the MCM initializes properly before saving again.

If that doesn't work, a new game is your only option.

12 hours ago, zarantha said:

It's the MCM loading issue from when you added the mod.

Kimy DCL MCM initialization: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=3205086
1. Start a new game.
2. Wait 30 secs, or not at all. It's really just telling Skyrim that you MEAN it. Or so.
3. Quit to menu.
4. Start another new game.
5. Enjoy. 

If you're in the middle of a game instead of the beginning, you're kinda screwed at this point.

You can try a clean save and complete remove DCL and uninstall it.

After you've loaded a clean save without DCL, save again.

Re install DCL and go through kimy's steps above and make sure the MCM initializes properly before saving again.

If that doesn't work, a new game is your only option.

Worked perfectly, thanks so much!

6 hours ago, tlllp said:

Do these deleted navmeshes matter?

Image link

No idea. I asked kimy about some navmeshes a while ago. I think they don't, but that's one of the errors I think that makes me not want to convert it to form 44. I never got an answer that I recall.

Here's the link if you want the partial laundry list of errors I saw in the CK:

Cursed Loot Event Suggestion: 

Tracker:
Some sort of Device that gets locked onto you which was used to find runaway slaves.
Upon finding/getting locked in it, there is a % chance for a Random Encounter to spawn that will approach you and capture you starting a quest line.

It could use features from the Prison gameplay within DCL but more focused on escaping within the time limit (medium difficulty?). If failed perhaps you arrive in Solstheim or some other place where you are forced to serve your master/mistress (hard difficulty?).

Obviously, because you are the sad soul that was by accident locked into the Tracker Device, the main goal is to try and escape the place after freeing yourself from the Device. 

Random Encounter addition, is to allow players a chance from avoiding the whole Capture process (chance for capture event could increase over time?)
There can also be a time limit for escaping the device before getting approached, but that might be too easy.
 ?

Edited by Straze

I couldn't find another mention of this issue, and I want to check to make sure it's actually a bug and I'm not just misunderstanding some element of the mod. When I use the Alternate Start and am bound in the slaver's bondage set, I cannot move at all. My maximum carry weight is set to -550 (or -700 if I disable the Bondage Buff). I have no other mods that I'm aware of that mess with carry weight in any manner, and my carry weight is the correct 300 when inside the abandoned prison when starting a new game. This is on a completely fresh save I've started just for this mod.

Am I correct in assuming there is a bug here (either with DCL or some interaction with another mod I'm running) or is this a mechanic I'm not understanding? All the slaver's bondage gear is described as "impossible to escape" in any manner and I don't see anything else to try. In the meantime I'll try to figure out if some other mod is causing this issue (I've not seen it before in hundreds of hours of playtime using other Devious Device mods).

EDIT: So far I've narrowed it down to equipping the Slaver's Hobble Dress. This item specifically reduces my max carry weight to the values described above.

EDIT #2: It's only the "Extreme" type of Hobble Dresses from any DD mod, that have the "Forced Walk" effect. This seems to operate by reducing the player's max carry weight massively while suppressing the standard messages about over-encumbrance. However, this has the effect of not letting me walk at all - presumably because the speed penalty is also applied? Filling my inventory normally until I'm very over-encumbered allows me to walk slowly as expected.

EDIT #3: I can move in first person, the bug only affects movement in third person. I see this mentioned in a handful of other places via google search but not seeing any means to solve it. I'm also not using any of the mods that I've seen mentioned that cause it (Joy of Perspective or any other camera/view based mods).

EDIT #4: Yeah this is caused by the Hobble Dress effects changing the player's SpeedMult. The game uses different speed in 1st and 3rd person (for some reason), so you can move while in 1st person and if you switch to 3rd person while moving you will continue to move until you stop at which point you can no longer move. Modifying the SpeedMult AV via console shows that any SpeedMult of 90 or below eliminates all 3rd person movement. However, the Devious Devices UI won't allow you to set the Hobble Dress reduction to less than 25% (aka SpeedMult 75). I've seen this complained about in various places and attributed to random various mods (none of which I have installed) but this seems likely to be a Skyrim bug.

Edited by oiquwtpiouepwqou
More info
1 hour ago, oiquwtpiouepwqou said:

I couldn't find another mention of this issue, and I

In DCL 9.0 i'm found some strange bug: when you are in hobble dress what decrease movement after applied this item - you can't move. Save a game, load then save and you can slowly move. If you carry too much item, maybe it not help.

Hope it will help you.

Figure I should ask this here since google is only helping me so much! Currently, no cursed loot traps/events are triggering on me, and from what I understand that's due to me being in the middle of the 'Bound in Skyrim' quest chain. Being forced to do all of these quests in a row has made them really lose their luster, and while I understand I can fix this by using the debug 'free me' option, I'd like to not break the quests if at all possible, in case I want to do them later.

Is there any way to fix traps & events to have them proc while these quests are still running, or do I essentially have to choose whether I want one or the other at this point?

38 minutes ago, Marrhi said:

Is there any way to fix traps & events to have them proc while these quests are still running, or do I essentially have to choose whether I want one or the other at this point?

Doing quest to that point when in middle line is trap allowed.  between some quest or in some quest proceeded sometimes trap is allowed (Example: The queen Sarah quest) Check DCL MCM Debug - Active quest running. If false traps works.

Free me! completely breaks all DCL quests and stops it from running in future.

Edited by Elsidia

Running DCL 9. At what point in the quest line is there a break where all the other intended features of DCL will work? Just finished Learning the Ropes and want to know if its more than 1 quest until the other features will start working before I get sick of it all.

6 minutes ago, veyex said:

Running DCL 9. At what point in the quest line is there a break where all the other intended features of DCL will work? Just finished Learning the Ropes and want to know if its more than 1 quest until the other features will start working before I get sick of it all.

The break is either before or after supply and demand, the next quest after learning the ropes, don't quite recall.

8 hours ago, veyex said:

At what point in the quest line is there a break where all the other intended features of DCL will work?

If my memory works good and depend on my quest line:

Spoiler

Then break is at end of Supply and demand quest - next after learning the ropes.

Next quest is without restraints and short - The whip and chain inn. There you can use all traps and all inn features. Then start a new quest The bound queen - at start features work while you are locked in chastity. Then next break is maybe at end of quest, before start latest DCL quest cursed collar. Then after this quest all quests is done and all feature work forever - or to point when you decide start some other DCL quest)

Edited by Elsidia
11 hours ago, sirgilly said:

Is there an up to date slif patch that makes the arousal based morphs work correctly with 3BA?

There is a DCL and DD patch on the troubleshooting post. If you have DD 5.2, do not use the DD patch, due to script changes in DD. I'll update that once DD 5.2 is out of beta.

I haven't made any changes other than adding SLIF compatibility - ie, some morphs are still CBBE LE and it doesn't matter if you have SLIF or not, and it affects both CBBE SE and 3BA. That may be fixed once we're done with the DD beta and on to the DCL beta - gonna see if that's can be a conditional kimy can add in the script.

Edited by zarantha
1 hour ago, zarantha said:

There is a DCL and DD patch on the troubleshooting post. If you have DD 5.2, do not use the DD patch, due to script changes in DD. I'll update that once DD 5.2 is out of beta.

I haven't made any changes other than adding SLIF compatibility - ie, some morphs are still CBBE LE and it doesn't matter if you have SLIF or not, and it affects both CBBE SE and 3BA. That may be fixed once we're done with the DD beta and on to the DCL beta - gonna see if that's can be a conditional kimy can add in the script.

Thanks, I started my game with the old slif patch in by mistake if I remove it do I need to delete the script out using re-saver so the new one will take precedence?

57 minutes ago, sirgilly said:

Thanks, I started my game with the old slif patch in by mistake if I remove it do I need to delete the script out using re-saver so the new one will take precedence?

You shouldn't need to use resaver, just delete or uninstall the old patch. But yes, if you still have problems you can try deleting it in resaver before starting a new game or going back to a save before the old patch was installed.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

You shouldn't need to use resaver, just delete or uninstall the old patch. But yes, if you still have problems you can try deleting it in resaver before starting a new game or going back to a save before the old patch was installed.

Brilliant - thanks

On 2/8/2022 at 2:26 PM, zarantha said:

No idea. I asked kimy about some navmeshes a while ago. I think they don't, but that's one of the errors I think that makes me not want to convert it to form 44. I never got an answer that I recall.

Here's the link if you want the partial laundry list of errors I saw in the CK:

Deleted navmeshes are bad news. If a deleted navmesh is referenced by another plugin, the game will crash when it attempts to load that navmesh into memory.

12 hours ago, valeforgery said:

Deleted navmeshes are bad news. If a deleted navmesh is referenced by another plugin, the game will crash when it attempts to load that navmesh into memory.

They dont seem to be used by other mods, and if I recall, the ones I saw were nav meshes in one of DCL's own buildings. But it's been a while since I last looked and not something I'm working on at the moment. It's a problem for another day.

Edit: But these deleted navmeshes are part of the whole reason why I've been resistant to resaving the esp til now. I plan to work on it more for the next version so I have these as form 44 as well and stop the incessant questions from people who refuse to do a simple search.

Edited by zarantha
3 hours ago, Nigeljf said:

Is there anyway to permanently turn off the Fast travail de buff. I am getting the De buff all the time even when I do not have any restraints which is what I have the MCM set for. Or is that setting cliched? 

No. Some quests are hard coded to not allow fast travel. The MCM option is for more for devices in general, not so much the quests.