Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

I'm having the problem where cursed loot events won't trigger, and I need some help. I've met the requirements, I've tinkered with settings and the debug menu, and I haven't made any changes to my load order since it worked last, but they just won't trigger. At this point I don't know what to do, so I really need some help to figure out how to fix it.

1 hour ago, CallMe_Mega said:

I'm having the problem where cursed loot events won't trigger, and I need some help. I've met the requirements, I've tinkered with settings and the debug menu, and I haven't made any changes to my load order since it worked last, but they just won't trigger. At this point I don't know what to do, so I really need some help to figure out how to fix it.

This was discussed within the last couple pages. First think to look in the MCM, there is a checkbox to disable traps during DCL quests. Likely this is your issue. Other causes are mentioned as well.  I started reading today on page 179, so it's between there and here. Sorry for not providing link, but I'm on very limited time this morning.

I have 2 issues, one is definitely DCL,  but I don't really care if I resolve it or not. The other is definitely not, but I'm concerned the fix I've found on google will clash with DCL.

First issue is that the DCL item limit isn't working. Meaning I've set my traps to not trigger if I'm wearing 3 or more restraints. I'm currenly in 11 restraints thanks to a full restraint trap, and I'm still triggering traps. Second is I've told Chloe to be my steward at Lakeview Manor but she won't leave my service and I have to tell her to do so and she still won't leave. A reddit post I found on followers not leaving service recommends installing RDO https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74568/? Would this clash, conflict or overwrite the DCL dialog options?

OH. I just remembered a 3rd issue. I'm still getting rape attempts while locked in full chastity gear. If it's anyone but Chloe, it says "X cannot have sex with you while your locked in full chastity." and then it just sits there. When Chloe tries to rape me like this, I get the same message, but the game lets me continue as if nothing has happened wiithin a few seconds

3 hours ago, Starphyre said:

but she won't leave my service

I have Chloe as my steward and Sasha as follower. If Chloe don't leave your service:

1) You don't complete Chloe quest - probably.

2) it's because of some mods don't allow it. As example Devious Follower mod: if you have a fine, you can't leave follower back while you pay off all fine.

3) i never got that my follower rape me. Than means probably some mod overwrite a Chloe AI.

17 minutes ago, tophunk4 said:

Does anyone know how to reenable cursed loot after using the "Shut down all functions" button?

Seems in DCL 9.0 there no way. As in DCL 9.0 is removed some variables from MCM menu and those variables left into scripts and MCM configuration seems Skyrim UI  mod is bugged and load wrong variables into MCM from configuration file.

6 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Seems in DCL 9.0 there no way. As in DCL 9.0 is removed some variables from MCM menu and those variables left into scripts and MCM configuration seems Skyrim UI  mod is bugged and load wrong variables into MCM from configuration file.

Right, good thing I saved right before I did it. Next question, anyone know why Cursed loot isnt triggering at all for me? Ive tried to force it to happen by setting all settings to max but nothing happens still. Debug menu shows that the "Cursed loot chance" is 100% but still nothing happens when I loot things. I also cant get any restraints to drop in containers either. Any ideas?

24 minutes ago, tophunk4 said:

Any ideas?

Only one and in most situations is correct. Or two.

Check DCL MCM Debug menu. If there is active quest running true, it's disables DCL traps while you complete all DCL quests what's makes there variable true.  In most cases there is problem.

Second idea is you have low arousal. By default is arousal is lover as 20, it's not trigger a traps.

23 minutes ago, tophunk4 said:

Right, good thing I saved right before I did it. Next question, anyone know why Cursed loot isnt triggering at all for me? Ive tried to force it to happen by setting all settings to max but nothing happens still. Debug menu shows that the "Cursed loot chance" is 100% but still nothing happens when I loot things. I also cant get any restraints to drop in containers either. Any ideas?

In the debug menu, does it show true for active quest running?

7 hours ago, Elsidia said:

I have Chloe as my steward and Sasha as follower. If Chloe don't leave your service:

1) You don't complete Chloe quest - probably.

2) it's because of some mods don't allow it. As example Devious Follower mod: if you have a fine, you can't leave follower back while you pay off all fine.

3) i never got that my follower rape me. Than means probably some mod overwrite a Chloe AI.

I'm well past courier in chains. I'm on The Bound Queen.

Followers not leaving your service is a known issue in vanilla skyrim. Has nothing to do with DCL. 

I am running Devious Followers, but to prevent potential game breaking bad luck early in the game, I excluded Chloe as a devious follower.  Which is why I wanna make her my steward at Lakeview.

All the info about Chloe was mostly background and for context. The question I asked is "IS RDO compatible with DCL's dialog?"

My 3rd question wasn't about Chloe raping me, it was that I'm getting attempts to rape me (from everyone) even though I'm locked in full chastity, and when it's anyone BESIDES Chloe, once the game realizes I can't be raped, it will just sit there waiting for an animation and I have to reload. 

31 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Only one and in most situations is correct. Or two.

Check DCL MCM Debug menu. If there is active quest running true, it's disables DCL traps while you complete all DCL quests what's makes there variable true.  In most cases there is problem.

Second idea is you have low arousal. By default is arousal is lover as 20, it's not trigger a traps.

29 minutes ago, zarantha said:

In the debug menu, does it show true for active quest running?

Damn thats it... It says there is a quest running. Anyway to either let it apply things while quests are running or drop out of the quests?

1 hour ago, Starphyre said:

All the info about Chloe was mostly background and for context. The question I asked is "IS RDO compatible with DCL's dialog?"

My 3rd question wasn't about Chloe raping me, it was that I'm getting attempts to rape me (from everyone) even though I'm locked in full chastity, and when it's anyone BESIDES Chloe, once the game realizes I can't be raped, it will just sit there waiting for an animation and I have to reload. 

Edit - brain fart. RDO (no idea why i was thinking RND) compatibililty is basic. If you've got keywords to alias you to a basic race, you should be referred to or treated as that type. Otherwise, no. There are no RDO patches and it shouldnt touch anything in DCL. Then again, it's a staple so I always have it too, not sure how things would work without it.

If you're locked in full chastity, there's options under rape to let the rapists have keys / strip belts. They'll do their business and lock you back up.

Otherwise, are you sure it's not the normal sexlab get stuck when starting animations? When you seem stuck, try opening and closing the console and menu. It may toss you into a solo event though, so i'm not sure that that is any better. My preference is for them to just strip it for the animation.

Sorry for jumping in with a newbie question, but I'm just getting Skyrim started again and a bit overwhelmed at how much has changed since I last played with it. 

I'm starting over fresh, but I'm trying to figure out whether I should start fresh with SE or LE, since way back, I remember having to stick with LE because a lot of the DD stuff didn't work with SE.  Is this SE version as complete as the normal LE version, or would I be missing out on some DD/DCL content by using SE?

On 5/14/2021 at 12:56 AM, Elsidia said:

Probably You have some mod what clears a corpses and corpse was removed. Or you have some mod what spawns this corpse into air.

Yeah, I'm seeing other corpses being moved randomly as well, and I don't have any mods installed that should be causing it, but I'm going to have to do some digging, it seems.

24 minutes ago, Sethala said:

Sorry for jumping in with a newbie question, but I'm just getting Skyrim started again and a bit overwhelmed at how much has changed since I last played with it. 

I'm starting over fresh, but I'm trying to figure out whether I should start fresh with SE or LE, since way back, I remember having to stick with LE because a lot of the DD stuff didn't work with SE.  Is this SE version as complete as the normal LE version, or would I be missing out on some DD/DCL content by using SE?

Everything works the same now except there's a new requirement for gags (MFG Fix) and chains. HDT SMP has some limitations still that won't let chains work as well as they did in LE, and CBPC still only works on the body, shizof hasn't managed to make it work for 'cloth physics' yet which is what the chains would be. Some mods you used before will not work in LE or SE anymore, as the authors have been absent and the mods haven't been updated for DD 5.1. Captured Dreams is one example. But there shouldn't be anything other than cosmetic issues, you should be able to play through DCL on either Skyrim version.

There are non HDT versions of the chains that can be built in bodyslide if the chains not connecting bothers you. Some chains will connect and look right after a saving, exiting the game completely and loading again after the chains are equipped. Ankle chains do this, prisoner chains still don't connect but are much closer after the load. Wrist chains and prisoner chains are the worst still, although we've made more progress with them recently. Tails and ball and neck chains are fine.

For what works better - SE handles memory better. Currently LE DCL has an issue with a new inn with a lot of NPCs, many users have had to install memory fixes and adjust other memory settings just to get into the inn, otherwise it tends to CTD. I haven't heard of issues with getting into the inn with SE, but some users have reported a delay in loading all the furniture and NPCs.

I've got a list of known issues/workarounds/patches for SE on the troubleshooting post. This post is the same in both the DD and DCL threads.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

Edit - brain fart. RDO (no idea why i was thinking RND) compatibililty is basic. If you've got keywords to alias you to a basic race, you should be referred to or treated as that type. Otherwise, no. There are no RDO patches and it shouldnt touch anything in DCL. Then again, it's a staple so I always have it too, not sure how things would work without it.

If you're locked in full chastity, there's options under rape to let the rapists have keys / strip belts. They'll do their business and lock you back up.

Otherwise, are you sure it's not the normal sexlab get stuck when starting animations? When you seem stuck, try opening and closing the console and menu. It may toss you into a solo event though, so i'm not sure that that is any better. My preference is for them to just strip it for the animation.

More accurately, the way I have the game set, they shouldn't be able to do this. I get a message in the upper left corner "X cannot have sex with you while you're locked in full chastity" but then it doesn't return control of the character to me. When Chloe is doing it, it's from a dialog option, I'm trying to get her to carry something or get my keys from her, and she'll make a comment about my bonds, and then say "Since you can't say no, lets have some fun" then I get the "Chloe can't have sex with you (etc)" and then the game returns control to me.

2 hours ago, Starphyre said:

More accurately, the way I have the game set, they shouldn't be able to do this. I get a message in the upper left corner "X cannot have sex with you while you're locked in full chastity" but then it doesn't return control of the character to me. When Chloe is doing it, it's from a dialog option, I'm trying to get her to carry something or get my keys from her, and she'll make a comment about my bonds, and then say "Since you can't say no, lets have some fun" then I get the "Chloe can't have sex with you (etc)" and then the game returns control to me.

I still think it could be sexlab getting hung up, just on the front end now. but i could be wrong. It all depends on if sexlab is called while the DD anim filter is working through what is and isn't allowed. It shouldn't, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't - kinda like how we shouldn't be getting duplicate devices, but some folks are. But if DD did actually call sexlab before it was meant to, then it might not clean up the thread it sent there once it decides that it's not possible, leaving sexlab hung and not ending properly. 

If that's the case, then maybe ending all sexlab animations in sexlab's debug mcm will return control to you. Still a DD bug, but at least you won't be in a stuck state?

I'm in it more for the sex, rather than the bondage, but I suppose I can try testing without the strip setting to see if I can repro. :)

Still setting up the new game after making it unstable recently, so might be a bit.

1 hour ago, Synister Gates said:

i ctd when entering the mines and taking a few steps, anyone got any idea what may be the cause of this?

Usually facegen or HDT chains. Try building the the no HDT version of the chains. If you still CTD, try face discoloration fix as a quick test.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441

I'm not sure if that will fix CTDs related to facegen, so if that doesn't work, you'll need to export facegen using the ck.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Dark_Face_Bug

If you're still crashing, it's something else. Get a crash log from netscriptframework.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21294

17 hours ago, zarantha said:

I still think it could be sexlab getting hung up, just on the front end now. but i could be wrong. It all depends on if sexlab is called while the DD anim filter is working through what is and isn't allowed. It shouldn't, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't - kinda like how we shouldn't be getting duplicate devices, but some folks are. But if DD did actually call sexlab before it was meant to, then it might not clean up the thread it sent there once it decides that it's not possible, leaving sexlab hung and not ending properly. 

If that's the case, then maybe ending all sexlab animations in sexlab's debug mcm will return control to you. Still a DD bug, but at least you won't be in a stuck state?

I'm in it more for the sex, rather than the bondage, but I suppose I can try testing without the strip setting to see if I can repro. :)

Still setting up the new game after making it unstable recently, so might be a bit.

I'm more in it for the bondage than the sex. But that's nice too. I'm not terribly worried, but like, say I'm trying to power through a shopping quest, I'll go full chastity. It just happens that this playthrough the game has been adamant about locking me in chastity gear. Although I do tend to keep the prrmium chastitty belt on cause my game started going through aroused, masturbate, unaraoused aroused cycles very fast. And I like the noises she makes when she's frustrated.