Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

1 hour ago, Technomagica said:

I am having an issue with the quest "Learning the Ropes". I am at the temple of Dibella where I need to pick up an item while wearing the Dibella Robes. I talk to the NPC and have an animation play to undress then nothing. I can put the robes back on and do so again but then nothing. I know that a sex scene is supposed to play but it just does not start. Is there a solution to this?

Try not skipping the dialog. You can also try opening and closing the console, because sexlab is frequently slow.

I have just went through whole Bound Queen chain. Well, most of it. I got all the chastity devices, then all the journal fragments, then all the key pieces. It was quite a ride I will admit, though the constant fetch questing started to get stale towards the end.

I am now at the moment when Julius proclaims me his Bound Queen, the quest log states to either pickpocket or kill him. My character is not good at pickpocketing, so this option is off the table. However I can't kill Julius as he's marked as essential. Is that by design? Or is there another way to get the key off him.

I will admit that having him as a keyholder would be tempting if I wasn't running Laura's quest at the same time, which I postponed for the duration of Bound Queen quest.

Edited by belegost
7 hours ago, zarantha said:

If it's with some of the obsidian stuff (piercings i think), they're missing a keyword. console in leon's key to unlock them, or add the keyword and go through the end of the quest again.

If it's something else, they can become bugged. Simplest way to fix is to revert your save and try again. Or add Devious Devices Equip and see if it can remove them. Or search the thread or the DD SE thread for how to remove them using the console, it comes up often enough.

Also make sure you don't have any of the known conflicts that break unlocking. Old DD mods (assets, integration, expansion) or old patches, and things that are known to break unlocking listed in the troubleshooting post

I appreciate the response, its not the piercings oddly enough its nearly everything else. And for some reason the free me or device removal in the MCMs for DD, DDE, DCL all dont work either. only thing I found to work was removing everything from inventory then searching for equipped, and manually putting in the remove item console for everything listed still in inventory. Which to say the least is a hassle ={

15 hours ago, zarantha said:

Try not skipping the dialog. You can also try opening and closing the console, because sexlab is frequently slow.

I let it sit for over an hour after text finished and did not skip any text, just letting it move on its own and still nothing happened. I am used to getting something in at least a couple seconds toindicate that a scene is starting too. I also did a trimmed down mod profile wiht just what was needed to make deviously cursed loot work and it still happened so I am able to rule out most mods that would cause an issue.

Edited by Technomagica

having issues with inn's, upon entering i get maybe 1 frame every 3-5 seconds. i've linked it to this mod. the only thing i can see it being is the added bound npc's. upon changing the amount of added bound women, how long do i have to wait for them to disappear?

i'm guessing this is a byproduct of reinstalling skyrim and downgrading but still keeping the CC stuff [fishing etc] because i've never had issues like this before.

it's happened in solitude and windhelm so far. once i turn this mod off, the inn's work fine. 

On 4/28/2024 at 8:44 PM, illenn said:

I appreciate the response, its not the piercings oddly enough its nearly everything else. And for some reason the free me or device removal in the MCMs for DD, DDE, DCL all dont work either. only thing I found to work was removing everything from inventory then searching for equipped, and manually putting in the remove item console for everything listed still in inventory. Which to say the least is a hassle ={

The free me options aren't really meant for playing. they can break the devices more, so it's only useful for debugging with, and most people don't bother with it because of the problems related to it. Which is why i mentioned DDe. That remove feature seems to work well for me.

If you can't unlock most devices, that sounds like a conflict. Either a mod you have, or you have an old patch that is overwriting DD's scripts and thus breaking them. Scripts are version dependent and you can't depend on an old patch working with a newer version of a mod. Make sure nothing is overwriting DD. (if you have DD NG, that's fine, but you need to go over there for help. it changes DD's scripts a lot.) Attach a list of your installed mods (not the plugins, the mod list since some mods don't have plugins).

17 hours ago, Technomagica said:

I let it sit for over an hour after text finished and did not skip any text, just letting it move on its own and still nothing happened. I am used to getting something in at least a couple seconds toindicate that a scene is starting too. I also did a trimmed down mod profile wiht just what was needed to make deviously cursed loot work and it still happened so I am able to rule out most mods that would cause an issue.

You tried it on a new game with only DCL and it's requirements? I've played that part and it's not broken, so you have some mod interfering. Even mods you wouldn't think would be related can cause weird interactions.

7 hours ago, jaywho said:

having issues with inn's, upon entering i get maybe 1 frame every 3-5 seconds. i've linked it to this mod. the only thing i can see it being is the added bound npc's. upon changing the amount of added bound women, how long do i have to wait for them to disappear?

i'm guessing this is a byproduct of reinstalling skyrim and downgrading but still keeping the CC stuff [fishing etc] because i've never had issues like this before.

it's happened in solitude and windhelm so far. once i turn this mod off, the inn's work fine. 

I disable them right from the start, so they never load. You'd need to wait for the cell to reset, which can vary. go away from those cities/areas for a month and stay away and see if that helps. you can also try selecting them in the console and disabling them, but that may have unintended consequences. If you can, I'd revert to a save where you installed DCL and set it immediately after installing.

downgrading skyrim wouldn't be an issue, this mod has been converted since before 1.5.97 existed and hasn't been changed much. The main problem was the introduction of the whip and chain inn in 9.0, but that does not affect the other inns. The bound girls have been there since 8.x at least, maybe longer. What you're seeing is just an indication you're reaching the limits of what your PC and skyrim can support. You need to tone down resolution (don't use 4k anything), or decrease animations (too many will make the game not load at all, and varies based on PC build), or remove some of the more script heavy mods (DCL is itself script heavy) or a combination of the above.

5 hours ago, zarantha said:

The free me options aren't really meant for playing. they can break the devices more, so it's only useful for debugging with, and most people don't bother with it because of the problems related to it. Which is why i mentioned DDe. That remove feature seems to work well for me.

If you can't unlock most devices, that sounds like a conflict. Either a mod you have, or you have an old patch that is overwriting DD's scripts and thus breaking them. Scripts are version dependent and you can't depend on an old patch working with a newer version of a mod. Make sure nothing is overwriting DD. (if you have DD NG, that's fine, but you need to go over there for help. it changes DD's scripts a lot.) Attach a list of your installed mods (not the plugins, the mod list since some mods don't have plugins).

I only use the free me in emergency cases because of those reasons, And I think I figured out the cause from your reply. But I will need to test it, theory is I added NG in this attempt, but an older S.L.U.T.S patch. so most likely that was the problem.

On 4/30/2024 at 4:21 AM, illenn said:

I only use the free me in emergency cases because of those reasons, And I think I figured out the cause from your reply. But I will need to test it, theory is I added NG in this attempt, but an older S.L.U.T.S patch. so most likely that was the problem.

Yeah, probably. NG modifies the scripts, and if sluts is patching the same scripts, it will be reverting some of the changes, which will break things.

I am not sure whether I understand the Rape configuration correctly (see also screenshots in spoiler section).

- There are the Rape triggers. Does the Condition Threshold mean that when the number of triggers is reached, a Rape could happen? Depending also on the "Average trigger chance per hour"?

- How does the Aroused trigger work? Is this trigger only valid once the "Arousal threshold" is exceeded?

- What about the "Minimum arousal to trigger rape"? If its threshold is exceeded, could a rape occur even if there are not enough other rape triggers?

Spoiler

Clipboard_05-06-2024_01.jpg.fcd29ea91a87a4df87b8549e7d4f4f05.jpg

Clipboard_05-06-2024_02.jpg.0790efe10a87a305217c2761409547e0.jpg

10 hours ago, Gudulba said:

I am not sure whether I understand the Rape configuration correctly (see also screenshots in spoiler section).

- There are the Rape triggers. Does the Condition Threshold mean that when the number of triggers is reached, a Rape could happen? Depending also on the "Average trigger chance per hour"?

- How does the Aroused trigger work? Is this trigger only valid once the "Arousal threshold" is exceeded?

- What about the "Minimum arousal to trigger rape"? If its threshold is exceeded, could a rape occur even if there are not enough other rape triggers?

Reveal hidden contents

Clipboard_05-06-2024_01.jpg.fcd29ea91a87a4df87b8549e7d4f4f05.jpg

Clipboard_05-06-2024_02.jpg.0790efe10a87a305217c2761409547e0.jpg

Correct on first 2. The minimum arousal is an overriding rule that applies to all the conditions. Even if all the other conditions are true but arousal is 0 then nothing happens.

is there a way to properly reset npc following the player character after a failed/broken rape scene ?
I have tried resetai, recycleactor, killing them and resurrecting them, nothing work.

8 hours ago, Maxslayerz said:

How do I get keys then? Or who can unlock it

Search containers, loot plants. there's a book in the college that will let you craft basic keys too, if you find it. 

6 hours ago, permidion said:

is there a way to properly reset npc following the player character after a failed/broken rape scene ?
I have tried resetai, recycleactor, killing them and resurrecting them, nothing work.

If none of that works, you need to go back to an older save and not rush through scenes.

14 hours ago, zarantha said:

If none of that works, you need to go back to an older save and not rush through scenes.

that issue even happen in case of full chastity and getting the message "your chastity gears prevent you from getting rapped" ....

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

the whole women's prison quest is just broken enough to be functional it seems like. once I finally dug through this thread to find that the crashing and framerate issues I had were because the HDT prisoner chains don't work (then why include them?), the No-HDT versions only have a single weight model and just sort of float around the character. after deciding to just cope with that, the "mines" job seems to be weighted way heavier than any other job, since I had a day where I had to do that three times in a row and then was told to make and eat soup literally eight times in a row before the guard finally told me to sleep at 3 in the morning. If it does make you do the same thing more than once in a single day, it stops telling you the next step or providing markers since technically that's already marked off in your journal.

I appreciate the effort to give random assignments to keep things from getting monotonous, but a scheduled list of jobs would probably work better, especially since the escape option depends on one specific job that didn't proc for me after the first day. but hey, time is still progressing, so if I'm willing to carry ore from one box to another for roughly 4 hours of real time gameplay eventually I should be able actually play skyrim again

edit: chain model issues aside, I did realize the problem with the jobs- if you skip the dialogue, it doesn't have time to update and tell the game the last job was done. so it will tell you to do the same one again since it is still the job currently assigned. so just let the dialogue play out while checking your phone or something I guess

Edited by lavenderslime
5 hours ago, lavenderslime said:

...the crashing and framerate issues I had were because the HDT prisoner chains don't work (then why include them?),...

after deciding to just cope with that, the "mines" job seems to be weighted way heavier than any other job, since I had a day where I had to do that three times in a row and then was told to make and eat soup literally eight times in a row before the guard finally told me to sleep at 3 in the morning. If it does make you do the same thing more than once in a single day, it stops telling you the next step or providing markers since technically that's already marked off in your journal.

I appreciate the effort to give random assignments to keep things from getting monotonous, but a scheduled list of jobs would probably work better, especially since the escape option depends on one specific job that didn't proc for me after the first day. but hey, time is still progressing, so if I'm willing to carry ore from one box to another for roughly 4 hours of real time gameplay eventually I should be able actually play skyrim again

The mod is being developed on Legendary Edition primarily, it's only converted to SE where HDT works differently, it's different physics engine. When the mods are set up properly HDT shouldn't crash either on LE or SE. Since we are on SE here i'll just check that you don't have HDT-SMP installed? It is known to be laggier than Faster-SMP. But that's only 1 part, the other is the HDT definitions for Devious Devices for SE. Have you downloaded some of those files? Then there is also which skeleton you are using and maybe other HDT additions like hair or clothing with the DD. If all of them interact you get whatever you get xD  I don't use HDT hairs for example. Then there's also CBPC physics to make the topic even more complicated.

I have personally never seen the prison offer same job twice in a same day ever. Any mod with scripts can start behaving strangely if you have "script lag" in your save. You may be able to diagnose that from the papyrus log, if you have set your skyrim to make one at all and write the necessary info to it. Cursed Loot has MCM where you can change the prison difficulty easier; it affects for example how much repetition there is in each job. You should be able to finish mines in about 6 minutes.

Although i wasn't aware that the dialogs for prison suffer from same bug as crime dialog where you can't skip the texts or it bugs out.

11 hours ago, lavenderslime said:

tframerate issues I had were because the HDT prisoner chains don't work (then why include them?)

Because they aren't a problem for everyone. They don't cause me to crash whenever I test them. The current speculation is AMD cards don't like some setting in the XML, so it's not something I can test and fix myself since i'm on a nvidia  card. This does presume you have FSMP installed and working properly as Zaflis mentioned. If you don't, then that alone is the reason for the crashes. SMP is required, and CBPC is not a substitute in this situation.

Regardless, there are improved versions of the prisoner chains in the DD NG Discord, I'd recommend getting the latest beta of DD NG 3.x from there and look for the plugs and prisoner chains thread in the files / meshes section. 

If you don't want to experiment with DD NG (I really do recommend you get it, as there are a ton of SE specific enhancements I can't do with a conversion), then you can try the older XMLs on the troubleshooting post, as that does improve FPS for folks who get a drop with the versions installed with the mod.

As for the rest of it, the feedback on job variety was given to Kimy already a few times iirc, but we don't know when DCL will be updated next. DD was a year long + beta that took a long time to get mostly right, and I suspect she's taking a break right now after it.

HDT SMP Chain update for everyone:

Predator Rj has recently taken a whack at some of the chains, and their implementations looks to be superior for now, but it's still being tested. The NG team is working with the FSMP team to figure out why the chains are misaligned on equip in Predator's implementation. Currently, the misalignment seems to be fixed by going into racemenu then leaving racemenu in a forced tpose, so they might programmatically force that on equip if a root cause can't be found.

So for now, DD NG is where all the action is, and will have all the latest improvements to the chains. These can be found in the DD NG discord, linked on the DD NG page.

Eventually, I will bundle up various fixes that don't require DD NG specifically, but I'm not in a rush to do so and have no timeline for this. Patches, etc will remain on the troubleshooting post, 

Posted (edited)

I am having an issue, where when I surrender to guards and submit, they don't actually do anything and they repeat the dialogue as if I tried to run away and surrendered again, causing an endless loop. This was my first time trying to go to the Dragonar Prison in SE, so I don't know whether I messed something up in the settings or what... The rest of the mod seems to be working for now, it's just the consequences that seem to not work. 

I saw at least one other person having the same issue on here, but I couldn't find a solution to it. I suspect 2 things for now and I'm mostly writing to check these suspicions:

1. I had the Cursed Loot Events option disabled in the debug menu. I did this because I assumed it was related to the container trap events and didn't change stuff like device comments and consequences from guards and other NPCs. I did enable them again and enabled the verbose messages in the hopes of finding anything useful, but the issue persisted and I got no messages at all. Is my assumption correct, that this option only affects container traps or does it also disable the consequences with Guards and other NPCs? The option says it disables "most other events" too, so I'm not sure...

2. I suspect this could also be the result of a messed up save at this point... It's been a while since I installed DCL, I had been using that save as a base with all the MCM settings pre defined (hence why I had cursed loot events disabled by default) and I've added a lot of mods recently... So I might try a new save tomorrow, tho with the amount of MCM menus I have, it'd be tedious to go through all of them again... So if anyone recognises this issue and has a suggestion, it'd be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Figured out what's causing it. I'm using both DCL and SLUTS Resume and had a patch installed from way back, that supposedly fixes this exact issue. For some reason it doesn't fix it, I tried every load order possible, but it just won't work. For now I guess I'll just remove the patch, but if anyone here knows of a newer version or something, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edited by xdwtfxd
On 5/20/2024 at 8:57 AM, Zaflis said:

I have personally never seen the prison offer same job twice in a same day ever. Any mod with scripts can start behaving strangely if you have "script lag" in your save. You may be able to diagnose that from the papyrus log, if you have set your skyrim to make one at all and write the necessary info to it. Cursed Loot has MCM where you can change the prison difficulty easier; it affects for example how much repetition there is in each job. You should be able to finish mines in about 6 minutes.

Although i wasn't aware that the dialogs for prison suffer from same bug as crime dialog where you can't skip the texts or it bugs out.

I've been testing with Elephant's Script Latency Tester and there doesn't seem to be any script lag, or not enough to cause issues anyway. The repetition was because I was skipping dialogue, it stopped after I just waited until the guard's mouth stopped moving to progress it. I do have Faster-SMP, and though I do use a hair with physics, at the time I was not using a style from it so that would not be a factor.

On 5/20/2024 at 3:29 PM, zarantha said:

Because they aren't a problem for everyone. They don't cause me to crash whenever I test them. The current speculation is AMD cards don't like some setting in the XML, so it's not something I can test and fix myself since i'm on a nvidia  card. This does presume you have FSMP installed and working properly as Zaflis mentioned. If you don't, then that alone is the reason for the crashes. SMP is required, and CBPC is not a substitute in this situation.

Regardless, there are improved versions of the prisoner chains in the DD NG Discord, I'd recommend getting the latest beta of DD NG 3.x from there and look for the plugs and prisoner chains thread in the files / meshes section. 

If you don't want to experiment with DD NG (I really do recommend you get it, as there are a ton of SE specific enhancements I can't do with a conversion), then you can try the older XMLs on the troubleshooting post, as that does improve FPS for folks who get a drop with the versions installed with the mod.

As for the rest of it, the feedback on job variety was given to Kimy already a few times iirc, but we don't know when DCL will be updated next. DD was a year long + beta that took a long time to get mostly right, and I suspect she's taking a break right now after it.

that makes sense then, I do have an AMD card. I was annoyed from troubleshooting the problem when I typed that, so I ended up being harsher than necessary. I do also have the version of DD NG on here, but I refuse to join a thousand discord servers to troubleshoot mods, that's what forums are supposed to be for. it works ok if I don't use the HDT, it just looks ugly with the bodyslide being single-weight and floating around the body. if it actually bugs me I can manually swap the model for one from DD, or mess with outfit studio and SSEEdit to make it work the way I want.