Jump to content

Dark Ascension - Book 1: Chapter 12, The Laconic Pathway


devious-Drunna

2,612 views

Chapter 12: The Laconic Pathway

The port city of Laride is overrun by villagers who mysteriously became feral creatures, driven by sexual hunger. As Jenny and Guardian Lila fight their way through the city, they encounter horrific sights of their fellow Sisters raped by these terrible creatures. With more of their Sisters fallen to the hands of this Dark Force, Jenny and Guardian rush to find help before it is too late. Will Jenny overcome her own fears and become the warrior she was trained to be?

 

Spoiler

NgbQFH74_o.jpg
nP2L5Qow_o.jpg
DcA8HGdf_o.jpg
NIFrpXin_o.jpg
ZH5gUk0g_o.jpg
SZ3Jw0Cx_o.jpg
kNhBoFgM_o.jpg
ZMaTurtd_o.jpg
1aSsqy7c_o.jpg
GLEtH7wP_o.jpg
7pDAg7U6_o.jpg
ll1fxCf9_o.jpg
iLrl1SGf_o.jpg
iQDjgUMG_o.jpg
aow4KniV_o.jpg
K894Myvf_o.jpg
bBL0ubJP_o.jpg
ZRFoNVEc_o.jpg
hBv6deqp_o.jpg

fMtvP1i5_o.jpg
z6ip2Kl2_o.jpg
87n2nUti_o.jpg
mqB7BlRG_o.jpg

 

 

Dark Ascension

 

Chapter 1: Fortune's Bedfellows

 

Chapter 2: Reaper's Covenant

 

Chapter 3: Journey's Shadowed Path

 

Chapter 4: Essence Awakenings

 

Chapter 5:Secrets Under the Stairs


Chapter 6: Vestal's Order

 

Chapter 7: Veracity’s Twilight

 

Chapter 8: Pawns in Portension’s Shadow

 

Chapter 9: Hath Thee in Thrall

 

Chapter 10: No Tomorrow

 

Chapter 11: In the Mouth of Chaos and Lust

 

Chapter 12: The Laconic Pathway

 

Chapter 13: Divine Pestilence

 

Edited by devious-Drunna

12 Comments


Recommended Comments

After much thought, I decided to split the next section into two separate chapters. Originally, the next section was about 60 pages and most of it was done mid April, but one section was taking longer to complete and holding up the entire chapter.  I apologize for the shorter chapter 12 but this seemed a good place to split the section and at the same time wanted to have something out on the blog. Hopefully the rest of this section will be finished within a few more days or week and released as Chapter 13.

Link to comment

This was brilliant and disgusting at the same time and I mean it as a compliment. ? You managed to show ferals in such a horrific way that I get shivers just from reading the comic strip. Amazing work! And things look really grim for your characters. I'm really curious to see how this whole scenario will play out. ?

Link to comment

Mmm, sweet work once again ^_^
Great battle scenes ^_^ Awating for more, as always ^_^

UPD: You shouldn’t apologize, people like your work, regardless of its size.

Link to comment

Great job! I really enjoyed this action packed entry!

Outstanding work with the blood splatters and effects btw.! Are they photoshopped or ingame?

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Alter Native said:

Great job! I really enjoyed this action packed entry!

Outstanding work with the blood splatters and effects btw.! Are they photoshopped or ingame?

All of the blood stuff are in game. My photoshop is too old, though I probably could find a way to create blood/cum, it will longer to do.

Link to comment
On 5/5/2019 at 2:53 AM, Crw said:

Mmm, sweet work once again ^_^
Great battle scenes ^_^ Awating for more, as always ^_^

UPD: You shouldn’t apologize, people like your work, regardless of its size.

Thanks! I’m still finding issues of CTD when I do fights outdoors. Even on a custom worldspace with no running scripts :(

 

Link to comment

Really awesome battle scenes, and again with the crazy atmospheric surroundings!

Man those rotten villagers look amazing as well!

Well done!

Link to comment

I agree with the horrific aspect of the ambiance and events, yet it males only each stake, each event more compelling. "Will a protagonist win her fight" turns into "will she survive it ?", and possibly "will she get raped ?" and if she does "will she get infected/eaten afterwards ?"And the simultaneous amount of questions it creates within the reader makes the combination of horror, action and sex really effective at dramatizing scenes. So for my part I can't predict if the ending will be good or bad, and for a scenario, not being predictable is a strength ?

 

Malicia : « This is very creepy yes ! I wouldn't  get a job at their Order, even if they gave me a lot of money  ! Smiley-ummon-HFR.gif  »

On 5/5/2019 at 10:29 PM, devious-Drunna said:

All of the blood stuff are in game. My photoshop is too old, though I probably could find a way to create blood/cum, it will longer to do.

Well in that case you've got a knack for taking your screens just at the right moment, because the result is excellent.

As for old Photoshop versions, you're indeed right about the time consumption, but I'm the proof it can still be useful in some cases. :classic_tongue:

Link to comment
On 5/8/2019 at 1:43 AM, WANOBI12 said:

Really awesome battle scenes, and again with the crazy atmospheric surroundings!

Man those rotten villagers look amazing as well!

Well done!

 

On 5/5/2019 at 12:50 AM, Devianna said:

This was brilliant and disgusting at the same time and I mean it as a compliment. ? You managed to show ferals in such a horrific way that I get shivers just from reading the comic strip. Amazing work! And things look really grim for your characters. I'm really curious to see how this whole scenario will play out. ?

 

On 5/5/2019 at 5:12 PM, SpyVsPie said:

This is getting intense ?. Good job.

 

Thanks guys!  I'm more of an atmospheric horror setting/suspense type fan than the slasher types. Hopefully the next few chapters wont turn people away :)

 

Link to comment
On 5/8/2019 at 6:06 AM, Tirloque said:

I agree with the horrific aspect of the ambiance and events, yet it males only each stake, each event more compelling. "Will a protagonist win her fight" turns into "will she survive it ?", and possibly "will she get raped ?" and if she does "will she get infected/eaten afterwards ?"And the simultaneous amount of questions it creates within the reader makes the combination of horror, action and sex really effective at dramatizing scenes. So for my part I can't predict if the ending will be good or bad, and for a scenario, not being predictable is a strength ?

 

Malicia : « This is very creepy yes ! I wouldn't  get a job at their Order, even if they gave me a lot of money  ! Smiley-ummon-HFR.gif  »

Well in that case you've got a knack for taking your screens just at the right moment, because the result is excellent.

As for old Photoshop versions, you're indeed right about the time consumption, but I'm the proof it can still be useful in some cases. :classic_tongue:

Wow! Thanks for the wonderful comments and notes. Im really glad many of you are able develop a level of concern/connection with the characters. Writing the characters , dialogue and action captions, has been a challenge and Im glad to see that I am on the right track.

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...