DOA5LR Modding Tools (Updated April 24, 2017)

I have found many members of the PC modding community do not know how to mod Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, this post will hopefully help you in finding the Tools and Forums where you can get what you need.

Please remember, none of these Tools were made by me and I can only help you learn how to use some of them, I cannot update or fix any and you are using them at your own risk, Back up your Files before you start!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Harry Palmer's Tools:
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/53532-doa5lr-harry-palmers-tools-and-tips/
The father of all DOA PC Modding, he brought us some wonderful Tools and Nude Meshes, a few are out of date now though, here's hoping he returns!

timmyC's Tools:
https://www.undertow.club/threads/doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-08-07-16-transformer-0-3-1-valentine-breakable.3239/
Mostly makes guides and works on only 2 Tools, but they are so powerful and kept up to date, they have replaced half of Harry's, really amazing work.

riry sukisuki's Tools:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/f2d5z16fv0xm2/DOA5LR
Has brought us greats such as the latest DLC Tool hogehoge, LR Photo Studio, Breast Copy Machine and more.

dtr mnr's Tools:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9zi2gt8dyllaj/doa5mod
Mostly stuff for advanced users, you'll find all the TMC, tmcmesh and Texture import/export/edit needs here, also up-to-date NoeSiS plugins.

immi's Tool:
http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11420722/1/
Ah yes, in my personal opinion the one Install-Mods-Tool to rule them all "Ink ReShuffle", immi may have only made one Tool, but when its this good why bother making more?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Tools/Plugins that either are abandoned/outdated or are made hard to find or get by the Author's, so I will share them here.

Archive Tool 1.2.1
Basically does the same as immi's Ink ReShuffle only with a better interface, but was abandoned and the original Topic with it is lost now, there is ways of getting it working by adding files from Reshuffle to it, basically leaving it here for anyone who prefers the cleaner navigation and has the patience to figure it out.

AutoLink v1.71
Everyone seems to love this Plugin/Tool, but its near impossible to get the current copy if you live outside of China or are not willing to pay money for access, so it is posted here.

Camera Unlock
If you don't use AutoLink but do want your Camera to be free this is the alternative, please do NOT try to use them both at the same time.

Cream api DLC Hack
This is the replacement for all the other DLC Hack methods, it should work on all game versions as well as any DLC, its a bit tricky to setup at first but once you do its done forever, unless you want to add/remove DLC then you just change a couple of lines in a text file.

Game Save Resigner 0.1
An Interesting little Tool, hard to use and doesn't work 100% of the time even when you do everything right, but it lets you turn one save file into a usable one for another Profile.

NoeSiS v4.157
Pretty much totally replaced by riry's LR Photo Studio, this lets you view and make minor edits to the TMC, H, and other Files, its hit-and-miss but someone may prefer it so here it is, comes pre-packed with the plugins needed BUT they are out of date.

Outfit Strings Fix
Anyone who sees Lisa's or Helena's tiny jeweled outfits lose the strings, these files bring them back if you apply them over the original game Files with Ink ReShuffle.

Nite's Paradise Remix
This is a combo of AutoLink, Holden's Paradise Mods and Gamjo's Movie Mods, without Holden's oversized additional files or HDM nude Mod, for those who just want the Animations and AutoLink ready to go.

Mod Tool Downloads:
MediaFire https://www.mediafire.com/#r5oh2ymhmsjwf

Mega https://mega.nz/#F!HoRX1Y4D!gtuRNEBQ3Ye1CtKugbGvmA

Google Drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1zyvGtpgrh2SUNsb2lGMnpvbFk

Good Websites to get Help and Guides:
Undertow https://www.undertow.club/forums/tools-guides.68/
LoversLab http://www.loverslab.com/forum/64-dead-or-alive-5/
Free Step Dodge http://www.freestepdodge.com/forums/modding.73/
SFxT Mods http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/forum/4220224/

Other Language Websites:
3DMGame (Chinese) http://bbs.3dmgame.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=1527&page=1
bbsPINK (Japanese) http://mercury.bbspink.com/pinkcafe/#2

Final Disclaimer:
I am NOT responsible for any damage these tools may do to your game or your save files.
I am NOT the creator of these Tools and cannot update or change them.

i want to use this http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54701-doa5lr-nude-outfits/ as dlc. so i've download the dlc tool 1.1.2, i've made the dlc but in game when i'm on select char my game crash. any help? thx :(

can someone point me to a tutorial?

what Costume Slot did you give them? IF you are NOT using any official DLCs you can set the Costume Slots to:

25-39 for most Girls.

18-31 for Honoka, Marie Rose, NyoTengu, Phase4

9-14 for Pai Chan, Sarah.

1-20 for Alpha-152.

(there are a few other numbers but those are the only ones back-to-back I can name easily)

Also you should make sure you are loading the right Costume onto the right Girl and that the faces are set to 1, while only using the Hairs listed on this guide:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47265-doa5lr-hair-and-face-guide/

post-11885-0-85350300-1450544023_thumb.jpg

Take a look at this image and let me give you a rundown of what each part does:

Red = Costume Slot number

Blue = Hair and Face numbers

Green = Mesh and other Files needed

Yellow = Hair Style numbers and order

Purple = Character selected for all the above

If even one of these are missing a correct setting or file, you will crash.

If you have more questions feel free to ask me here, just please tell me about what part of the DLC Tool you don't understand or if your doing it all correctly we can try other steps.

Just wanted to say thanks for that post, NiteGuardian.  I have huge respect for people who really go out of their way to help others to learn/understand.  Awesome post.

Why some models can not be viewed in noesis?

@riizch:

Welcome, glad to be helping, also check your PMs!

@Jevelin:

Any Modded outfit that has parts cut off of it may not load in Noesis, the reasons for this are a bit confusing to even me, but it seems that Noesis looks for meshes of clothes and props that are no longer there and thinks the file is damaged when it is not.

Your best option is to simply load the outfit in question to a fake DLC using the DLC tool, then go select it in-game to see it.

i want to use this http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54701-doa5lr-nude-outfits/ as dlc. so i've download the dlc tool 1.1.2, i've made the dlc but in game when i'm on select char my game crash. any help? thx :(

can someone point me to a tutorial?

what Costume Slot did you give them? IF you are NOT using any official DLCs you can set the Costume Slots to:

25-39 for most Girls.

18-31 for Honoka, Marie Rose, NyoTengu, Phase4

9-14 for Pai Chan, Sarah.

1-20 for Alpha-152.

(there are a few other numbers but those are the only ones back-to-back I can name easily)

Also you should make sure you are loading the right Costume onto the right Girl and that the faces are set to 1, while only using the Hairs listed on this guide:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47265-doa5lr-hair-and-face-guide/

attachicon.gifDLC Tool Help.jpg

Take a look at this image and let me give you a rundown of what each part does:

Red = Costume Slot number

Blue = Hair and Face numbers

Green = Mesh and other Files needed

Yellow = Hair Style numbers and order

Purple = Character selected for all the above

If even one of these are missing a correct setting or file, you will crash.

If you have more questions feel free to ask me here, just please tell me about what part of the DLC Tool you don't understand or if your doing it all correctly we can try other steps.

thank you very much but i've figured out how to make it already B)  :rolleyes:

Although I do have knowledge on editing the shape of models, how do people find their way around the Japanese in the tools, is there like a way?

Also thanks for hosting this thread, its very useful!  :D

--ISSUE--

When I extract tmc and try to open them in the texture mod tool it wont open, something about file not found even though it is there...

• 3 weeks later...

Strangely, the mods I tried to install are still not working, despite following all the steps.

My DLC list looks like this inside the 3DMGAME:

DLC001=403351
DLC002=403350
DLC003=403063
DLC004=403062
DLC005=403061
DLC006=403060
DLC007=382870
DLC008=358144
DLC009=358143
DLC010=358142
DLC011=358141
DLC012=358140
DLC013=352150
DLC014=351850
DLC015=100210
DLC016=100211
DLC017=100212
DLC018=999999

The DLC's 100210, 100211 and 100212 were supposed to be 300 new costumes for female characters. The 999999 DLC was the Harry Palmer nude mod 3.0, which should contain nude costumes for all the girls, unless I'm mistaken. 
Only Helena, Kasumi and Momiji are naked, because DLC014=351850 was overwritten by a replacer mod. 

Do I need any of the tools listed above to make them all work though?

Edit: I managed to get it working by reinstalling the game and everything else.
  • 3 weeks later...

Although I do have knowledge on editing the shape of models, how do people find their way around the Japanese in the tools, is there like a way?

Also thanks for hosting this thread, its very useful!  :D

--ISSUE--

When I extract tmc and try to open them in the texture mod tool it wont open, something about file not found even though it is there...

Great and useful post NG, I'll be linking this in any future tutorial-by-pm's I wind up writing! Hats off to you for being such a damned helpful soul.

@MEyahMegusta

First off I am sorry for how late this reply is.

Try finding a file called "Language.dat.disable" and change it to Language.dat for several Tools I have posted here, I leave them in the legacy Japanese out of respect for their Creators and the readme text file inside the .rar explains to do this in English for us, but many don't read the notes it seems.

If your talking about some of the mesh files having Japanese data attached, well... that is because the Devs are Japanese? I can't really help with that, above my knowledge.

@siframe

Glad I could help!

I will try to keep this updated with the latest versions and if you have any knowledge of how to use these tools you'd like to post here (so you would not have to re-write how-to in PMs every time you are asked, instead just link to it here) I invite you to do so, it would be making this Topic more complete.

@Everyone

If any of you have questions or helpful hints please feel free to post, I say I won't help with some of these tools as they are above my knowledge, not that I don't want to help.

Ok folks, as suggested by NG I'm going to post some tutorials I wrote for the various end user tools in PM conversations. Most of you know this stuff backwards, but it gives me a place to direct people rather than copy/pasting it every other day lol.

To begin, let's look at the easiest methods of installing mods, so we'll start with LNK Reshuffle:

LNK Reshuffle allows you to replace default costumes and indeed any in game file with a suitable modded file. It's basic and most used function will be to switch costumes so you'll need TMC/TMCL files for any mods you want to put into the game. Install and use LNK as follows:

1) unzip lnk (duh lol)

2) go to the version folders inside the Lnk folder- 1.02, 1.02a etc, and open the one for your game version. put the dinput.dll into your game directory

3) open lnk reshuffle with the start bat

4) select the STEAM original game exe in the top bar, the 3dm exe or similar crack won't work but your adjustments will still show when running the game from a cracked exe.

5) select a character from the first drop down which defaults to 'Akira'

6) select the costume you want to switch from the next drop down across - default 'cos_001'

7) highlight the tmc in the list that appears in the left hand box, then press 'swap' on the bottom right

8) navigate to the mod tmc you want and press open. Lnk will think about it for a second and then if swapped successfully the font of the selected tmc in the left hand box will go dark red rather than black. Repeat for the tmcl, no need to worry about any of the others.

9) When you've swapped everything you want to press quit. You're done.

Ok, a few points to add:

Note that some costumes have more than the standard number of files, that usually indicates that the outfit uses something unusual, like alpha152's effects, or a hat for example. Be wary with these as characters with hats will no longer have their hats but WILL be using the hair for the hat - resulting in the top of their head being shaved which isn't a good look lol. Not a problem in matches as you can select a different hair, but it'll look bad in story mode videos. Follardo made some story mode specific mods that you can use in these cases though, and they're posted here at the Lab in his 'Alternative Story Mode' thread. Christie's black dress and (i think) Lisa's lab coat also caused texture problems for me, presumably the texture path is slightly different. Again though, using follardo's 'alternative story mode' mods should work fine, you can't just dump any old mod over those costumes. The same process described above can be used for files other than the costume TMC/TMCL files, so if you had a hair mod for example you could switch it for one of the in-game hairstyles too.

Undoing lnk modding is easy though, you'll find a folder in your game directory after you've used it called 'mods'. Just delete or move any unwanted entries from that folder to undo your changes.

lnk_reshuffle-v4.4.7z

lnk_reshuffle-v3.zip

Above are the versions of LNK I have, the most recent posted here by Verhoven (big thanks to him for that) and the older version that I use personally because my game is still on ver1.02a. For updated game installations you'll need the recent version naturally.

Gimme a shout if I've posted blatantly incorrect information or something is unclear, I'll rectify the situation as quickly as I can.

Update:

lnk_reshuffle-v4.7.zip

Replace dinput8.dll with the one in 'quickfix':

quickfix.zip

Archive Tool:

Thanks to NiteGuardian for the corrections here: Archive Tool is intended as the next generation of Lnk reshuffle, and performs the same functions, in much the same way. Mods can be inserted or removed easily just as they can with Lnk, and it even makes some of the older tools i use like BLP converter and Archivarius obsolete for the most part. Never having played with these functions however, im not going to guess together a tutorial for them, so ill stick to costume swapping. The tool itself is already posted in the OP. Another advantage to Archive Tool is that it can switch out files in official or mod DLC packs as well as the main game files, giving you more costume slots to replace with naked and semi naked goodness. Again, much like LNK, using it is very simple.

1) Run archive tool

2) press open, navigate to the bin file in the dlc you want to edit (official or modded)

3) when a list of files appears select the ones you want to change. (Each costume will again have a TMC, TMCL and --c and --p files somewhere in the list

4) (optional) under 'show' at the side press 'selected' (this simply removes all the other filenames from your display, making it a little clearer to view/check)

5) right click each file in turn and select 'swap', navigating to the file you want to switch into its place.

6) you should get a confirmation dialogue, and a 'swapped successfully' message should appear in the log at the bottom

7) close archive tool and enjoy

As you can see, it's pretty straightforward, just don't forget to back up!

Next the most complicated, building a DLC pack from scratch using DLC tool. It's not hard, but there's more to it than either method listed above.

DLC Tool:

DLC Tool allows you to build custom packs from the raw TMC/TMCL files which are now the most commonly found method of distributing mods. It's become a necessity to build your own packs as the game has limited numbers of costume slots, and so avoiding conflicts and their associated crashes is near impossible even if you only have official DLC installed. Once you've added a couple of mods your available slots will be pretty much unique to you, so modders can't easily pack for you anymore. I'm going to assume for the sake of being thorough that the mod you want to make into a DLC pack comes without --c and --p files, so I'll include instructions on how to get these from another pack. Also, the first step for installing custom DLC is to first install the 'DLC ini Hack' from the OP. Then you'll need to know how to unpack a DLC mod and repack it using slots that are free.

You'll need three things to unpack a dlc and repack it as a custom version:

1) BLP converter

2) archivarius

3) DLC Tool

Using the first two is pretty simple:

Open BLP converter. Press open at the top and navigate to the dlc you want to unpack. When you open the BLP file it'll give you a huge wall of text. Press the other button next to open 'copy to clipboard'. That's all for BLP converter.

Open archivarius.dat with a text editor before running the exe. Scroll to the bottom and paste the clipboard from BLP converter into it, save your changes and exit. Next open archivarius itself and navigate to the same dlc pack. Extract all to a location you can find easily, it should pull out tmc, tmcl, --c and --p files for each girl. That's it for archivarius. 

Ok, that's the unpacking section done. Next we'll talk about investigating slots and repacking, all done with dlc tool.

BLP Converter PC.7z

archivarius.zip

Open the dlc tool (obviously enough haha). The first thing you may wanna do is investigate which slots are being used by your other dlc's, so press 'open bcm' and navigate to the bcm file in the dlc folder you're interested in. When opened a list of characters in the pack will appear. If you click on each you can see which costume slots are used. Take a note of this for yourself and repeat the process for any other dlc you have- having a map of your available slots is REALLY handy. Many of the nude mods use the last slot available which I think is 39 for most of the girls. You can't unfortunately edit an existing dlc, only view it, so this step is just for investigation. Note that some characters like p4, pai, honoka and Marie will be using different slots as they have less available than some of the other girls.

Now for the good (final) part lol. Press 'new dlc' at the top next to 'open bcm' that you pressed before. It'll ask you to name the new file and by default will save it in the dlc tool folder. I've found variants of the number used by one of my mods '123123' work just fine, so I've got several similarly numbered, like 123124, 123125 etc. When you've assigned a number press 'add character' at the bottom of the box on the left, follow the drop downs to the character you want and select them.

Then you'll need the files you unpacked earlier, take the tmc, tmcl, --c and --p files for your character and drag/drop them into the large box on top right. Now type the number of the slot you want to use into the costume slot box between the character list and the box you just dropped the files into.

For hairstyles where it says 'hair a' enter 1 into the number box next to it, then press 'add hair'. 'Hair b' will appear- highlight hair b and type 2 into the number box. Repeat as necessary, though the hairstyles aren't always 'hair a =1', 'hair b=2' etc. Look up 'hair and face list' on Google to do this step with no errors, but you shouldn't crash your game if you get the wrong selections, you'll just at worst have a bald girl among your possible hair choices lol. Most girls have four or five styles, but honoka for example has only one except in some of the official packs.

Once you've assigned what files the girl is to use, which slot the costume appears in and which hairstyles are used, then that character is done. Go back to 'add character' and repeat the process til you've added all the stuff you want, then hit 'save dlc' - and you're done. The new DLC folder will have been saved by default as I mentioned in the DLC Tool directory- move or copy it into the DLC folder in your game directory. At this point open the 3DM ini file you installed from the DLC ini Hack (it's in your main game directory) with a text editor, and scroll to the section where you can see DLC packs listed like this:

DLC001=345240

DLC002=9999999 (Of course the numbers will vary as will the number of lines in this section according to what DLC you already have installed.)

Add a new line, so if your last listed DLC is say DLC009 add a new line beneath like this:

DLC010=the number of your newly created DLC, eg 123123. (just the number lol)

Save the changes to your ini file and start the game.

A couple of tips:

Most girls will have 39 slots for costumes, but some (the most extreme example being Pai) will have far less, so do be careful when noting which slots are open and selecting a slot to use.

Try not to be tempted to make one huge pack with all your mods, I think there can be problems with too many outfits for each girl and if course it's less work to redo if you mess something up.

I'm not sure why the step with blp converter gets missed in some tutorials-without it archivarius spits out meaningless strings of numbers rather than clearly labelled tmc, tmcl, --c and --p files, so it's necessary really.

--c and --p files can be used from any mod for any costume from the same character. The --p files is the costume thumbnail that you scroll through in character select, but both of these files are usable for any mod for that character.

Check DOA5LSR's post on the next page for some additional tips including VERY useful links for hair/face/body lists that I didn't include. Thanks to Lola for her time reading through stuff she knows backwards.

Ok, hope that's all clear enough for the new guys, obviously the veterans around here will now be bored to tears, so I'll stop talking. Let me know if editing is required, cheers folks and happy modding!

Haha its a slightly edited version of stuff I've sent people via PM many times, so It's just another copy/paste job... and one that'll hopefully mean I won't have to ever copy/paste it again!.... You probably have some more advanced tips on DLC tool though Lola, but that's about everything I was certain enough of to post.

From what I read on your DLC Tool part yes we can add some others tips.

--------------

+ Archivarius is now old and I am not sure if there are still people who are using it but we can also extract tmc files with Ink_Reshuffle or Archive Tool :

-> Simply run one of them and open a .bin located in your game folder or DLC folder or a Custom DLC then click on your desired tmc/tmcl/-p/-c (+ -h & -hl if there are one) to extract for compil them on a custom DLC via DLC Tool.

+ Some importants links related to DLC Tool about Body & Hair / Face swap + Available slots (not sure it was updated with last version but it can help anyway) :

Body Swap Guide : http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11118060/1/

Hair & Face Swap Guide : http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11149726/1/

+ You can edit (in part) an existing custom DLC with the latest version of DLC Tool :

-> ONLY the hair & face can be edited, open a .bin and make your edit then click on save bcm.

---------------

Archive Tool:

This tool performs a very similar function to LNK reshuffle, except that it (I believe) forces the files into the game files rather than simply redirecting the file path with a dll. As such you may want to back up any files you intend to adjust with it. The tool itself is already posted in the OP. The advantage if there is one to Archive Tool is that it can switch out files in official or mod DLC packs as well as the main game files, giving you more costume slots to replace with naked and semi naked goodness. Again, much like LNK, using it is very simple.

1) Run archive tool

2) press open, navigate to the bin file in the dlc you want to edit (official or modded)

3) when a list of files appears select the ones you want to change. (Each costume will again have a TMC, TMCL and --c and --p files somewhere in the list

4) (optional) under 'show' at the side press 'selected' (this simply removes all the other filenames from your display, making it a little clearer to view/check)

5) right click each file in turn and select 'swap', navigating to the file you want to switch into its place.

6) you should get a confirmation dialogue, and a 'swapped successfully' message should appear in the log at the bottom

7) close archive tool and enjoy

As you can see, it's pretty straightforward, just don't forget to back up!

Next the most complicated, building a DLC pack from scratch using DLC tool. It's not hard, but there's more to it than either method listed above.

Actually, it is more a direct replacement for lnk_Reshuffle which is why I did not add it in my post, here's all it does:

- It does in fact make a Mods folder and uses a .dll like Reshuffle.

- allows for not only replacement but you can reset to the base game or override your previous replacement too.

- it even takes over for Archivarius and removes the need for BLP Converter.

However! it may fail at pulling out some files that the BLP Converter and Archivarius can, I would always recommend backing up files before replacing anything and if Archive Tool fails people should try the "Legacy" tools.

I love that you added the "Legacy" tools and it is true that only they will work on older builds of the game, thanks for all your efforts here!

Haha antiquated information it seems, thanks for the correction, I'll look into sorting that. To be honest I did kinda expect the experts like yourself and Lola would have things to say about this stuff, but between us we should have a usable guide for some of the new folk to get started with. Cheers NG! Now I just gotta figure out how to shoehorn the corrections in...

Edit: job done, thanks for the info NG and DOA5LSR, I've edited to include or point to your additions. God I feel old even when I talk about mod tools lol.

What game version, and what version if the ini Hack? Just uninstalling the hack will obviously fix your issue, but won't help you get dlc mods going. You're launching from the 3dm 'game' exe right? Not that that should matter.

Edit: did you overwrite the steam exe?