DOA5LR Modding Tools (Updated April 24, 2017)

Hi guys , im ENTIRELY new in this modding things and im gonna ask something really stupid to u guys :D

I like to install http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2652-doa5lr-complete-nude-remix/ :3 but i dont know how. Im using IGGGAMES cracked ver 1.07 and they 're using  ALI213.ini to add DLC, but not the DLCxxx=yyyyyy style so i dont really know what to do. Plz someone kind enough showing me how to install this mod. I want to add pic about .ini but dunno how :P Thx

Nobody I've heard of uses that crack, so you're better using a steam copy if the game with the 3dm ini at the start of this thread.

@Sabishi

Basically what Siframe said.. to add a few things:

Far as I know that crack is exclusively used by pirated copies of the game (anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong) and I only use the Hacks/Cracks that are used on the bought-copies (even though I admit having a torrent copy of the game to test on, it uses the same Cracks as the bought one) and we only provide support for official purchased games.

Also I have seen some people claiming issues with that Crack on other forums, but rarely with the main ones in use (like the ones people have listed anywhere here on the Lab) so my first advice would be to "upgrade" to the more "standard" Cracks/Hacks, then if you get stuck post again as we'll know more how to use them and help you.

The Ali123.ini does still use the DLCxxx=yyyyyy far as I know, its just buried in another file that one tells the Hack to look in, or at least thats what I was told in the past (don't use it myself, could be totally wrong).

Thanks 4 the reply :D so how can i "upgrade" to more "standard" cracks/hacks ? can i just download and use the DLC ini hack 1.06 u posted earlier ? or i have to download the game all over again ? TY

It would be better to just own the game. Then mod it. Step by step of the upgrades (how you get them is up to you) to access the other DLCs

I own the base game btw (sure anyone can claim too own one but hey..........) upgrading never been an issue to me. Cracks tend to make you pull your hair out.

Is there a new version of the dlc tool including Mai or are people just swapping with existing costumes?

How many free costume slots does Mai have and is it possible to use those slots with lnk reshuffle?

This is currently unknown, the DLC Tool's creator went silent on his/her home forums about a week or two before Mai came out, most assumed it was to get ready for making a new Tool, however from what I heard the creator has still not responded to any PMs or comments in their Topics, so its currently "if we get it, its whenever they decide to do it".

As for Costume Slots, without a DLC Tool for her and manually checking I don't know, but I'd expect there is not much room at all honestly, just like Naotora.

Completely random side-note:

It is best for a game company to release all the planned DLC within about a year of the base game.

Why? because PC Modders will start losing interest, Console players will have moved on to whats "new and hot" and on both fronts you will lose your core following/income.

So as much as I love having Mai, she should have come out back in April or sooner.

Is there a new version of the dlc tool including Mai or are people just swapping with existing costumes?

How many free costume slots does Mai have and is it possible to use those slots with lnk reshuffle?

Completely random side-note:

It is best for a game company to release all the planned DLC within about a year of the base game.

Why? because PC Modders will start losing interest, Console players will have moved on to whats "new and hot" and on both fronts you will lose your core following/income.

So as much as I love having Mai, she should have come out back in April or sooner.

LOL, I see what you mean. I lost interest in the game ages ago. I did come back for a bit for Mai, but I don't see myself playing for much longer TBH.

Oh well...

• 2 months later...

Thank you for this wonderful mod, but I seem to have a problem. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I am following the instructions stated here or I believe I am - I am using the Nude Remix Core DLC labeled as 169169 - put that into my DLC folder.

Then once I have copy and moved the .ini files into my directory, I opened the 3DMGAME.ini to notepad and there goes my list of DLC="XXXXXX" all the way to DLC21=XXXXXX

So I add a new line, DLC22=169169 after DLC21=460030 and save it. The mod works and all but for some reason, all of my characters are locked except for Kasumi and Ayane and I am locked out of story mode. I have the full version of the game. What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

NEVERMIND. I THINK I GOT IT TO WORK. I MISUNDERSTOOD THE INSTRUCTIONS AND DIDN'T ACTUALLY PUT IN THE REAL DLC NUMBERS FROM MY DLC FOLDER INTO THE 3DMGAME.ini wordpad. I THOUGHT THE NUMBERS IN THERE WERE THE ACTUAL REAL DLC. Huge misunderstanding. Thank you again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posting to Bump so everyone Knows I updated all Links/Info again! woo!

This time I'm linking Directly to all the Tool's Creators where possible (wasn't able to find them for months) and providing no less than FIVE download options for the Tools we still can't find readily, that way even if 2-3 go down you can still get them :P

Sidenote: you all thought I was gone didn't you? how cute... but WRONG! lol

I'm trying to use ABC Transformer Tool to reshape zackissuper's Kokoro Sash model to Kokoro's body shape from Raz's releases, and I don't know how to make it accept the Raz model as a reference. My efforts so far only tell me "Reference TMC files have different number of vertices." What am I doing wrong?

I'm sorry to say I don't know anything about the ABC Tool, but you can find the Newest one under riry sukisuki on the first post if its an old version issue, if not you may find more help at one of the many Good Websites to get Help and Guides I have now listed.

Hi people, I have a question
When will Mai's mod be available?
In this version you have here is not included.
Thank you

Expect to see my version of Mai and a mew set of Meshes for EVERY Girl soon, if you can't wait head over to Undertow (my home Forums for Modding) and get it since it is already posted there, Link: https://www.undertow.club/threads/doa5lr-complete-nude-remix-4-0-major-update.7971/

This is the last version as far as I know. ABC Transformer 2

And you can download Mai Reference from here, and add them manually in your "Reference Folder". Mai Reference

Is the only way that I found browsing the web :lol: And works great though.

Glad you were able to solve your Problem! I would like to expand this list to include Reference Files and Props etc, feel free to post any helpful Links you may have!

I have a question, which I hope is easy to answer. I have found some tutorials, but not specific to what I want to do. (Or maybe I missed them.)

I just want to do one thing, I want to take an existing mesh and alter its geometry. Specifically, I want to alter the shapes of the girls in nude mods.

What is the best way to do that? I'm not changing textures or mixing custom parts, I just want to alter the existing mesh.

Can I export as obj and alter the model in something like Blender? Because I can handle that part if it works. But how do I get it back to tmc? Does that destroy the rigging?

I have a question, which I hope is easy to answer. I have found some tutorials, but not specific to what I want to do. (Or maybe I missed them.)

I just want to do one thing, I want to take an existing mesh and alter its geometry. Specifically, I want to alter the shapes of the girls in nude mods.

What is the best way to do that? I'm not changing textures or mixing custom parts, I just want to alter the existing mesh.

Can I export as obj and alter the model in something like Blender? Because I can handle that part if it works. But how do I get it back to tmc? Does that destroy the rigging?

Ok so I take it you want to make one Nude Mod's body the shape of another Nude Body?

If that is the case then you will Need the Tools from timmyC, they can convert back an forth from a shape like my Nude Remix Mod to SaafRats' HLOD and LUD, Even Works with Holden's HDM, it may take some practice and patience to get it right, and you may need to build your own "Reference" Files (what his Tools use as a guide).

Or do you want to make your own original Shape?

If that is what you want, then you need to export the tmcmesh Files from the TMC Files, this can be done with LR Photo Studio by riry sukisuki, then you'll need the tmcmesh plugins for Blender by dtk mnr, get those installed to Blender then simply hit "import tmcmesh", now here comes the real hard part...

Reshape them using the 3D Tools in Blender, you need the skill to hand-draw what you want and be on the level of a trained Mesh Modeler.

If your happy with the result then you export your tmcmesh and swap the new one you made over top of the old TMC File's copy, you are now done.

Thank you!

Indeed I want to create my own shape. I just want to make some small alterations to an existing mesh to my style, which I haven't seen. Nothing wild or crazy like a whole new character or outfit. I have some experience in 3d modelers, but I am certainly not a pro. However, for what I want to do, it shouldn't be very hard. Even though I hate Blender with an intense passion, I think I can handle this. I have done this very same thing in a couple other small modelers. I guess this will give me an excuse to get more acquainted with Blender!

Thank you!

Indeed I want to create my own shape. I just want to make some small alterations to an existing mesh to my style, which I haven't seen. Nothing wild or crazy like a whole new character or outfit. I have some experience in 3d modelers, but I am certainly not a pro. However, for what I want to do, it shouldn't be very hard. Even though I hate Blender with an intense passion, I think I can handle this. I have done this very same thing in a couple other small modelers. I guess this will give me an excuse to get more acquainted with Blender!

I am told there is a way to bring them into 3dsMax but I have no clue how, also I hate it with a burning and deep passion that if it were a shadow it could blot out a thousand sun's light, so I'm not the guy to ask about that process. :P

From what they have said timmyC and SaafRats use 3dsMax so they -might- be willing to help, but I can't speak for them and their available time.

If you have any questions about the Tools listed here or Blender I can -try- to help! good luck.

Playing with Blender again brings back bad memories. Ahhhhhhh!

Anyway, its sort of working for me. I already whipped up 2 models that work in the game, but I somehow created seems in areas that I did not even touch...so that's odd. But I am learning. I used the sculpting tool. I wanted to create 2 new nude models, a super perky (pointy) petite breast, and a true flat chest, using saafrat's nudes.

So, once I get these looking good, I can just swap these 2 meshes into other character's HLUD tmc files? Or does that break stuff? (I used the HLUD mod as my starting point.)

The easiest 3d app I have seen is Hexagon, but its old and not supported anymore. But if I could get these tmcmeshes in it, this would be stupid easy, I'd be done in 5 minutes, tops.

And thanks again, I wouldn't have been able to get this far without your help! Now I just need to get Blender down.

• 2 weeks later...

Will you update the "DLC Hack"?

I will as soon as I can find one... I may wait for the next DLC (early/mid next month) to make sure it does not need Another new Hack :P

If you have to wait every time for "the next" , I suggest to wait for real , they'll release one DLC on 17th of every month until June at least.   :-/   ROTFL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there !

First of all, nice thread you made, really helpful considering most tools are coming from obscure sources.

I have been out of the game of DOA5 file extraction for what, 3 years ? Maybe more. Back in the day I did some 3D model extraction and we had to basically use Noesis and a python script to get the 3D models parts into Blender, and then into 3DS/Maya ( I'm a Maya user ), where we had to reassemble the entire model and rebind the body skeleton. It was a kind of nightmare to make an animation-ready model considering there was no blendshape/vertex group/head skeleton whatsoever for face expression.

Now here we are, probably 4 years in, and I see tons and tons of tools to do everything and even more. My problem is there is so much tools I don't even know what to use anymore ( Especially as most of them are japanese, and seem focused on very specific modding tasks while having kind-of vague names ).

Question is, did we get a way to export character models pre-rigged or at least pre-skinned, especially with face expressions controls ? I'm assuming we have, considering the number of XNALara models on DeviantArt, but if so, what are the tools I should go for ?

Thanks for your precious help.

EDIT :

Thank you!

You need to import the model in Blender and export it in FBX to get it into 3DS Max or Maya. FBX should include everything nice, from materials to skeletons ( Don't know about any rig controllers though ).

I said should because it can be a little tricky sometimes, for unknown reasons ( I don't like Blender so I never really understood why it worked on some models and not on others ) materials will sometimes not import correctly. It's mostly just a matter of reassigning files into the right nodes, but sometimes some channels like alpha or normal will just disappear in the Autodesk material node and you will need to manually recreate them.

Also note that Blender and Autodesk suite don't use the same space axis. I think there is an option somewhere in the left menu when you export in FBX to change the up axis ( Y in Maya and 3DS, Z in Blender ).

Hi there !

First of all, nice thread you made, really helpful considering most tools are coming from obscure sources.

I have been out of the game of DOA5 file extraction for what, 3 years ? Maybe more. Back in the day I did some 3D model extraction and we had to basically use Noesis and a python script to get the 3D models parts into Blender, and then into 3DS/Maya ( I'm a Maya user ), where we had to reassemble the entire model and rebind the body skeleton. It was a kind of nightmare to make an animation-ready model considering there was no blendshape/vertex group/head skeleton whatsoever for face expression.

Now here we are, probably 4 years in, and I see tons and tons of tools to do everything and even more. My problem is there is so much tools I don't even know what to use anymore ( Especially as most of them are japanese, and seem focused on very specific modding tasks while having kind-of vague names ).

Question is, did we get a way to export character models pre-rigged or at least pre-skinned, especially with face expressions controls ? I'm assuming we have, considering the number of XNALara models on DeviantArt, but if so, what are the tools I should go for ?

Thanks for your precious help.

As far as I know, dtr mnr's Tools does export the meshes from the TMC Files as-is with all sides, mapping, rigging, etc... if anyone knows otherwise please feel free to correct me.

to get the TMC Files you extract them with immi's Reshuffle Tool.

Also about the language issue, if you grab any of dtr mnr's Tools and change the file inside each root folder from language.dat.disable to simply language.dat then run them they are in english! (well most of it is)

Hope this helps!

As far as I know, dtr mnr's Tools does export the meshes from the TMC Files as-is with all sides, mapping, rigging, etc... if anyone knows otherwise please feel free to correct me.

to get the TMC Files you extract them with immi's Reshuffle Tool.

Also about the language issue, if you grab any of dtr mnr's Tools and change the file inside each root folder from language.dat.disable to simply language.dat then run them they are in english! (well most of it is)

Hope this helps!

So by dtr mnr's Tools, you mean just Polygon Tool ( As I read in some readme that it's the one extracting meshes, and seems to have textures as well ( And hopefully everything else ) ) or completed by another one ?

It sure helps a lot, I will try those as soon as I get my hands back on my LR installation.

Thanks again !