So is UUNP the new Go-To?

Bonnie Lass

CBBE textures have more detail on the same resolution for nipples as UNP textures: (That is important on larger boobs) 

post-607503-0-54875800-1443661690_thumb.jpg

Both nipples are from the 8192² textures. (You see much more detail an cbbe)

post-607503-0-43393000-1443661945_thumb.jpg

Yes it does and you should reconsider. I've used CBBE sense the start and now is not the time to be stubborn. UUNP offers much more in the was of shapes, it's much higher quality and smoother (no more jagged edges on bigger breasts and butts for example). The only thing CBBE has over UNP is support and now that bodyslide fully supports it and people are starting to convert outfits to UUNP Bodyslide, its time to make the jump.

The Boobs for CBBE and UNP have nearly the same poly count: 

LEFT UUNP right CBBE:

post-607503-0-86760800-1443663883_thumb.jpg

post-607503-0-09971800-1443663860_thumb.jpg

Is see no difference. 

The CBBE Body have 6516 Polies and the UUNP 12080 Polies

That is a huge waste of polies and game performance. 

I was always a big fan of UNP and never thought I'd give it up... until Bodyslide came along and pretty much forced me to go with CBBE because I love the way I can make armors fit my character's body exactly without too much trouble. I figured UNP was done for me, just because of that.

When UUNP got integrated into Bodyslide, I converted instantly... then had to go back because there were few armors for it and no vanilla conversions. Now that that's taken care of, I'm back with UUNP and here to stay! ^_^

I stay on my CBBE HDT preset (+ Clam of skyrim by scivirus).. for now ;)

I noticed the same thing reported by EvilReFlex in my test (I have a UUNP profile in MO) and, at the current state, I prefer the CBBE body.

(even if UUNP has a better breast jiggle  :P, more polygons, etc)

...and the "UUNP special" for Argonian female have a "texture-vag" problem (no more available space for vagina textures on argonian textures .dds - because tail-textures using the same space)

I was only using CBBE before becouse bodyslide, armor with belly support and working vagina+HDT, tryed 7b once don´t like it, no pregancy armor lol. Now I give try UNNP and must say it is big step forward, vagina hdt belly all work now, kinda hard choice now. CBBE have more support now anyway atm it´s little better. But UUNP body look so much better! But big fps drop compare too CBBE. From 34>26 with ENB. It´s worth try and make pick latter.

CBBE textures have more detail on the same resolution for nipples as UNP textures: (That is important on larger boobs) 

attachicon.gifunpvscbbe_1.jpg

attachicon.gifcbbevsunp1.jpg

Yes it does and you should reconsider. I've used CBBE sense the start and now is not the time to be stubborn. UUNP offers much more in the was of shapes, it's much higher quality and smoother (no more jagged edges on bigger breasts and butts for example). The only thing CBBE has over UNP is support and now that bodyslide fully supports it and people are starting to convert outfits to UUNP Bodyslide, its time to make the jump.

LEFT UUNP right CBBE:

attachicon.gifround2.jpg

attachicon.gifround1.jpg

Is see no difference. 

Ehm, go to the doctor and get some glasses, some glasses with a light toning because your eyes are not to the task anymore, I see like a dozen diffences, mostly where cbbe is a straight edge and uunp at leasts broke in 2 edges.

attachicon.gifunpvscbbe_1.jpg

attachicon.gifcbbevsunp1.jpg

LEFT UUNP right CBBE:

attachicon.gifround2.jpg

attachicon.gifround1.jpg

Is see no difference. 

Ehm, go to the doctor and get some glasses, some glasses with a light toning because your eyes are not to the task anymore, I see like a dozen diffences, mostly where cbbe is a straight edge and uunp at leasts broke in 2 edges.

I see the difference, but its barely visible. 

The double amount of polies on UUNP it it not worth. Its a waste of performance and I want to play Skyrim with hight FPS.

And you will ingame never see the difference of the poly count. 

The double amount of polies on UUNP it it not worth. Its a waste of performance and I want to play Skyrim with hight FPS.

You can see the difference in in-game screenshots and during gameplay if you look. But performance is a real issue for some.

One side effect of the UUNP body, too, is that it animates better. It doesn't get as weird looking during animations (adult and non-adult both).

You can see the difference in in-game screenshots and during gameplay if you look. But performance is a real issue for some.

One side effect of the UUNP body, too, is that it animates better. It doesn't get as weird looking during animations (adult and non-adult both).

The CBBE and the UUNP mesh are not perfect for many poses or animations. (see my first post the crouching animation)

And I have Skyrim to play with it and not making screenshots. 

How about we all just admit we all love our respective body meshes and would defend them till the end even if they were objectively worse. Nothing wrong with that and it would make this whole discussion obsolete because it is quite obvious that it is going nowhere.

Let's be honest here, if the ~6000 more polygons that UUNP has causes such a major performance loss for you you probably weren't playing with a high fps rate in the first place. Unless it has Poser/Daz3D level of polygon-overload

post-27790-0-82944400-1443703772_thumb.png aka 24k polies for 1 of the 20 pieces that make up the boot

it should be barely noticeable, if at all.

How about we all just admit we all love our respective body meshes and would defend them till the end even if they were objectively worse. Nothing wrong with that and it would make this whole discussion obsolete because it is quite obvious that it is going nowhere.

Let's be honest here, if the ~6000 more polygons that UUNP has causes such a major performance loss for you you probably weren't playing with a high fps rate in the first place. Unless it has Poser/Daz3D level of polygon-overload

attachicon.gifUntitled2.png aka 24k polies for 1 of the 20 pieces that make up the boot

it should be barely noticeable, if at all.

may i ask where you found this almost absurdly well detailed boot?

6000 vertices being a performance impact isn't true, even with multiple UUNP outfits loaded at once. Our GPUs aren't Arduino chips anymore. 10 CBBE vs 10 UUNP outfits is maybe a difference of 0,2 fps or less.

@EvilReFlex: You shouldn't use the base shape of UUNP for comparison, for the reason I stated earlier.

Eating Pop Corn and watching the show...

Mesh Fight, Weight Painting Fight, FPS performance Fight.... meh.

It all comes down to something very simple...

"What body shape do YOU prefer."

And that is you the reader/user, not what someone else uses and has an opinion on... but what you use when you play around in Skyrim!

If the shape you use is one of the predefined CBBE presets, then stick with CBBE.... its not going anywhere.

However:

If the shape you use is one of the UNP base shapes and you want HDT PE, HDT SMP, and/or XPMSE 3 support..... switch to UUNP and learn how to take cbbe bodyslide outfit/armor and make them into your preferred body shape.

Now originally I started all this shit when I started Converting UN7B to CBBE. Then I moved over to a 7B bombshell body to convert to CBBE. Then I converted all of the UNP base shapes I could find into that 7850 vertex count 7b bombshell body... And yes I had many problems at the beginning (like the base shape didn't completely line up with the cbbe form... Cell fixed that though).

Why I choose the 7B Bombshell over UNP (6622 vertex), 7B Oppai (6950), UNPK (15k), UNPSH (30k) or any of the other UNP body types was actually very simple.

There were more unp shapes that shared the 6850 vertex count then any other unp body type.

Irony did you know that UNP has a vertex count of 6622, but UNPB (or Blessed Body) has a vertex count of 6850? Most people don't and they usually don't care either.

Most end user care for only a few things like "does this body look good in the shape I use, does it bend correctly when I crouch, run, jump, fuck, bite, smile, fart, or crap in game, does it have a good supply of armors that I like".

Advanced users look for "is it easy to convert an armor over to this body type, will there be clipping issues once converted over, and how many tools will I need to use to convert the armor".

For advanced users. The tools are now 2. Bodyslide/Outfit Studio (I consider it one tool) and KGtools (mainly mesh rigger aka MR).

With Bodysliders convert x to cbbe and mesh rigger to re-weight an outfit... Advanced end user can take existing nif and turn them into what ever they want.

Expert users tend to not give a fuck, cause they are proficient with Blender or 3D Studio's Max and the nif import/export functions...

UUNP is for average and advanced users of UNP body shapes....

Hell, UUNP even helps turn some capable average users into advanced users, by forcing them to learn how to use OS and MR to convert outfits to the shape they want (can't find that armor you like so much in the shape you want... learn how to convert it, its pretty easy if you know how to use outfit studio)....

Which some of those users may end up going on to become expert users by moving on learning Blender and or Max.... UUNP is a nice stepping stone for those that want to know more (kinda like a gateway drug if you will)... But it is also for average users to use what advanced user produce to make outfit out of. Shit look at all of the stuff gamefever has done... average users are all over that like stink on shit (hell even I use those cause I'm a lazy bastard).

In the end it comes down to what the user wants....

An above average user can take the opportunity to advance to an advanced user with UUNP though.... just my thought on it.

Also another Irony... most of Outfit Studio's Current Convert from X to CBBE sets come from reversing UUNP's process (was at one time called converto, but I suck at naming shit so yeah its just built into bodyslide now with no name)...

Damn and I was just going to sit back and eat popcorn and watch the unp -vs- cbbe war all over again.

The only reason for me at the moment to use CBBE are the mods already converted to cbbe bodyslide presets. I know how to convert them to UUNP and it's very easy too, but it's still time consuming, especially if there are more items per outfit. And the conversion are in no way as qualitative as the ones from other users that actually know what they are doing.

I'm more comfortable with UUNP's HDT vagina though - probably because I didn't have time to inform myself properly about CBBE variants. 

The only really noticable thing (at least in my game setup) are the normal maps when comparing CBBE to UUNP, especially around the breast and nipple area. 

Archived