So is UUNP the new Go-To?

Bonnie Lass

If the weighting's that bad, why don't you fix it for us? Everyone would greatly appreciate that. Do bear in mind the 4 weights per vertex limit, though. The belly weights are a big annoyance there for UUNP HDT and UUNP Special.

First i never said the weighting was bad, and why me? And who's everyone? And why do i care if it will be appreciated or not?

Though i did get an insane idea.

So you can try this extremely experimental weighting.

UNP geo is garbage, also the belly weights may be an excuse for the HDT body but the mesh with no belly weights are just as bad.

It wasn't directed at you specifically, sorry. More like to everyone that ever complained.

I want to keep the HDT and non-HDT meshes identical, other than the added bones, so that HDT conversions can be "degraded" to no-physics by simply removing 5 bones (load project in OS, delete bones, save new project).

It wasn't directed at you specifically, sorry. More like to everyone that ever complained.

I want to keep the HDT and non-HDT meshes identical, other than the added bones, so that HDT conversions can be "degraded" to no-physics by simply removing 5 bones (load project in OS, delete bones, save new project).

Why would you need to remove the bones/weighting? if you use an HDT enabled outfit but don't have the extension installed then the breast/butt/belly weighted verts will simply follow their parent. All that is required would be the xpmse skeleton.

I've always used CCBE because it's always had better support, particularly when it comes to making excessively proportioned dragonborn! But the new version of Bodyslide now has an option for UUNP.

I've always heard UNP was the better looking body, so I'm wondering if I should make the switch. I'm totally not sure if it will upscale as well as CBBE, or if it has a completely full vanilla set you can use with Bodyslide. I'd love to hear people's opinions on this.

will you be suprise if i tell you i use both of them in my game,like :Nord use CBBE ,Breton use UNP.I did it with the help of this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16964/?

All that is required would be the xpmse skeleton.

Exactly. :P

There's still quite a few people who have no interest in XPMS(E) or any sort of physics. I know at least 3 of them personally.

Now you could say, that's a minority and I shouldn't care about it.

Well, that's true, but for some reason I'm a person who mods for others even more so than for myself.

It's fun for me to make something as accessible as possible, while keeping the quality of things at least above average, that's why I have both non-HDT and HDT. If having perfection would mean making things harder for everyone, I would rather have it close to perfect than perfect.

Sorry, UUNP is equally crappy how UNP, that be still no breasts, that be two pimples. :lol: 

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=311195&id=2146&full=1

no offense, I like women with a little more bust size.
but everyone can use what he likes and I do not care, I have my dream body found and I'll stay with him until the end of this world. ;)  :P

Sorry, UUNP is equally crappy how UNP, that be still no breasts, that be two pimples. :lol:

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=311195&id=2146&full=1

but everyone can use what he likes and I do not care, I have my dream body found and I'll stay with him until the end of this world. ;)  :P

Uhm....the whole point here is that UUNP can use bodyslide presets.  Want more bust?  Sculpt'em yourself, and with the added polys (in theory) they can look better than they would in CBBE with the same settings.  Then you can take almost any Bodyslide-converted outfit and make it match your new body.

All that is required would be the xpmse skeleton.

Exactly. :P

There's still quite a few people who have no interest in XPMS(E) or any sort of physics. I know at least 3 of them personally.

Now you could say, that's a minority and I shouldn't care about it.

Well, that's true, but for some reason I'm a person who mods for others even more so than for myself.

It's fun for me to make something as accessible as possible, while keeping the quality of things at least above average, that's why I have both non-HDT and HDT. If having perfection would mean making things harder for everyone, I would rather have it close to perfect than perfect.

We all know that XPMSE enables running BBP\TBBP\HDT clothes without the boob\ass physics when you set up XPMSE correctly for BBP\TBBP stuff disabled and additionally HDT PE\SMP xmls correctly for HDT Boob\Ass stuff to be additionally disabled. Those minority should just switch because they don't matter.

UNP (even the base version) has breasts over a D cup at max weight. :lol: And B cups at the smallest while at the lowest weight setting. Then toss in RaceMenu and the XPMSE skeleton and the breasts can be so large your character couldn't walk with them bumping her legs.

UNP (even the base version) has breasts over a D cup at max weight. :lol: And B cups at the smallest while at the lowest weight setting. Then toss in RaceMenu and the XPMSE skeleton and the breasts can be so large your character couldn't walk with them bumping her legs.

It is not only the breast size, which me does not please, it is predominantly the shape of breasts. with larger setting they look like two silicone balls that is equal to with 7B.

the breasts of CHSBHC by CherryHotaling are unique, no other Body Type could this breast shape imitate. ;)

It is not only the breast size, which me does not please, it is predominantly the shape of breasts. with larger setting they look like two silicone balls that is equal to with 7B.

the breasts of CHSBHC by CherryHotaling are unique, no other Body Type could this breast shape imitate. ;)

Except that UUNP can do exactly that.

the breasts of CHSBHC by CherryHotaling are unique, no other Body Type could this breast shape imitate.  ;)

Except that UUNP can do exactly that.

UUNP even has the CHSBHC shape itself (just with UNP textures instead).

Something else I've noticed ingame is that CBBE shadows around the breast area behaves worse than the UUNP counter part. If you get close up with the camera, the shadow becomes blocky with CBBE, whilst the shadow on UUNP stays smooth all the time. 

Because shadows on bodies are calculated per vertex, base game tackled that by blurring shadows.

UUNP has a CHSBHC preset and sliders. Just sayin'.... :wink: And it does it with more polygons so those curves you like will be more curvy and less angular. :o

I have different MO profiles with different bodies in them. I have UNP HDT-PE, Demonica and UUNP in them at this point. And even though UUNP is SOOOoooo adjustable and Demonica looks great and smooth, I still prefer UNP HDT-PE because it does everything quite well and RaceMenu combined with XPMSE allows so very much adjustment all itself.

UUNP has a CHSBHC preset and sliders. Just sayin'.... :wink: And it does it with more polygons so those curves you like will be more curvy and less angular. :o

I have different MO profiles with different bodies in them. I have UNP HDT-PE, Demonica and UUNP in them at this point. And even though UUNP is SOOOoooo adjustable and Demonica looks great and smooth, I still prefer UNP HDT-PE because it does everything quite well and RaceMenu combined with XPMSE allows so very much adjustment all itself.

You forget about Citrus

You forget about Citrus

I did. But that profile isn't getting much attention. And probably won't until there are more things available for it. Now that BS2 has in-game RM morphing there isn't a LOT of reason to use CITRUS. I still use the CITRUS head, though. That kicks ass.

Huh, wondering, body morph modifies vertex positions only, and skeleton nodes aren't affected? So, preferable way (because of HDT) of scaling is still node scaling?

Scaling skeleton nodes doesn't affect the way HDT moves. So no, both are equally viable options. But if done right, morphs can give you a higher quality. Of course your armor has to have the morphs too.

I was never going to use CBBE, I have never liked it and was prepared to give up Bodyslide just so I could avoid looking at it in my game. UUNP fixed the fragmentation problem that UNP suffered and gave me the one thing I was really missing in full BS support. Since then it's all been gravy.

CBBE has literally winked out of existence for me. I couldn't care less about it. It's old news. If it's still your body of choice, more power to you. 

I can give my artistic viewpoint, i've compared the bodies in-game but i haven't looked at the specs and technicalities.

First i can say that i use CBBE because it has more outfit conversions made for it and is a little simpler to use. But UUNP has it's perks too.

CBBE:

+ Easy to look at with less details on open fields of the body. Has softer nipples. Has a slider for Groin in BodySlide. The body for flat-chests. Generally better for fashion, not to mention that the details that may'd look better on UUNP are hidden under the armor then anyway.

- Knees look kinda ragged, not as smooth details on the small places. Butt is too round.

UUNP:

+ Smoother body vertices. Has a soft and natural butt shape. While i said CBBE have more outfit conversions, it would seem UUNP have more skin textures, i think. Can get a more muscular look. Has Unified Sliders to play around with. Generally better for nudity.

- Small size on boobs make them spiky, talking flat-chest small. Must be some kind of anti-loli system put in place. : p

But yeah to take you up on your question. You will feel curious on how UUNP looks naturally. I was, and i used UUNP alot. I even became like a super fan of UUNP and was all anti-CBBE. But then i switched between the two and tested them out simultaneously. Now i'm at CBBE, as said due to more outfit conversions and i like the nipples more. Less details also make for a more drawn, or should i say animeish look. UUNP is not the new Go-To but has alot of neat stuff. :wub:

Archived