Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is this a good community?

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

Lifty

Lifty

Coke Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

The answer is YES

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

W1cked

W1cked

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

As a Lurker, I'd say it's about as good as a community can get :3

bjornk

bjornk

Skeever Butt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
Well, let me tell you how I see it. I've never had an ignore list this long before in any other forum I've frequent. I suppose if I stay here for, say 5 more years, it's pretty likely that I might come across a whole page of posts from ignored users and I don't even read most of the forum sections other than Skyrim and general topics. Now, I think I can say that LL does it's job pretty well as a modding platform, but for me there's definitely some unpleasantness associated with the people who post in it. Perhaps, things were better when I first joined and it got worse or perhaps I didn't notice it back then...

Dagren

Dagren

So fluffy

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Its gud but its getting worse each year.

I have noticed thread derailing, personal 1on1 discussions, irrelevant spam in the topics is a LOT more common than few years ago.

steelpanther24

steelpanther24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Join this place, and you are doomed! DOOMED!! Foul demons will rip the flesh from your bones and devour your soul, damning you to eternal damnation into the deepest fieriest pits of the nine hells! Your blood will boil in your veins, your eyes melt in their sockets, your hair turn grey or blue or yellow?... and your will suffer a nasty cold and sweaty feet! And this is just the beginning!!! MERELY THE BEGINNING! Once you have suffered through this you ... ??? ... Wait a second ....

Damn, that was the welcoming-speech for the new apprentices at my working place! Silly me! *slaps forehead*  Ahem:

This site is full of weird perverts. And I cannot testify if all are right in the head, including myself! But yes, for the most part, we are all friendly perverts  ... mostly ... :dodgy:

Awwww, I thought for a moment you were talking about your latest FO4 and Skyrim Mod.........

Alan47

Alan47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

This is one of the best communities I've ever been part of. The main reason for that boils down to one thing: tolerance. You will not find a more open-minded place in the web. In the adult department, no matter what crazy ideas or requests you might have, I have yet to see anyone getting mocked for it. It's incredible how much positive energy and creativity there is in this forum. And there are a lot of people with amazing skills here as well, technical ones as well as artists. I love this community :3

Content Consumer

Content Consumer

I am here to Consume your Content!

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

No, we suck ass. :(

That and the moderators are totally power mad..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The worst part about the moderators is that they don't tell you how to pronounce their names.

Is it Greg-ath-it? Gre-gathit? Greg-athit? Gre-gat-hit? Tech support in Wyandotte?

You can beg and plead, and they just sit there, aloof, heads right up their asses, refusing to answer.

Selfish bastards...  :D

CPU

CPU

Addicted modder and helper

• Moderators
  • 7,988 posts

The worst part about the moderators is that they don't tell you how to pronounce their names.

See-Pee-You.

Content Consumer

Content Consumer

I am here to Consume your Content!

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

See-Pee-You.

I wondered where all those little cameras came from...

Farinata of Oblivion

Farinata of Oblivion

scion of sithis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

It seems to be

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,771 posts

Is it Greg-ath-it? Gre-gathit? Greg-athit? Gre-gat-hit? Tech support in Wyandotte?

You can beg and plead, and they just sit there, aloof, heads right up their asses, refusing to answer.

ROFL!!!  :lol:  :lol:

Ok, Ok.....I suppose I can pull out just this once......... :P

pronounced: Greg@hit

Was an old email of mine..... ;)

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Domo arigato misuta Robotto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,356 posts

Well, let me tell you how I see it. I've never had an ignore list this long before in any other forum I've frequent. I suppose if I stay here for, say 5 more years, it's pretty likely that I might come across a whole page of posts from ignored users and I don't even read most of the forum sections other than Skyrim and general topics. Now, I think I can say that LL does it's job pretty well as a modding platform, but for me there's definitely some unpleasantness associated with the people who post in it. Perhaps, things were better when I first joined and it got worse or perhaps I didn't notice it back then...

A bit of both. Many of the individuals that made you like the site likely moved on. New people are added all the time with different personalities. This makes the site feel different from year to year because it is different from year to year because of the members that are active during that time. Being "good site" or "bad site" is majorly the results of the members and their individual actions on a daily basis.

“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" Heraclitus

Vintovka98

Vintovka98

Patriko Starov

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Haven't gotten rekt by anyone so far in 2 years or so, and all my pm's went pretty well. Questions sometimes get ignored though...sometimes.

it's an alright community I guess, though maybe I haven't been involved enough to give you a more qualified answer.

FelixG0D

FelixG0D

Nug-Humper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
I know the posed question has probably been answered over the last two years but I'll toss my two cents in. This is the place to be. Sure, there are a few self-righteous types, a few asshairs. But that's going to happen in any community. Most of the people I talk to on here are helpful and good people.

Perversion and vulgarity are what make this site the best. Oh and here, you can express an opinion and as long as you do it respectfully won't receive a swing from the ban-hammer. The mods here are even tempered, and level headed. They don't just go on wild banning sprees because it gets them off on the power trip. I know a lot of people hate it when you mention it, so I'm sure you can guess which place I'm referring to.

The rule list is simple and well laid out. It's not 10 god damn pages of every miniscule infraction under the sun. I enjoy my time here, and even use a proxy at work so I can access the site. Kind of like I'm doing now lol.

P.S. Happy holidays folks!

skubblebubble

skubblebubble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

I like it.  If I've had too much to drink and shoot my mouth off, they just slap duct tape on me and let me sleep it off.

:P

Good moderators.  Here, have a cookie.   :D

winny257

winny257

lonely Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,686 posts

I had heights, I had depths!
But there is NO place where I prefer would be.  :lol:  :P

Merry Christmas.  :)

Darkpig

Darkpig

90% Darkness, 10% Pork

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

We are not anime but friendly we are. Now excuse me while I puke rainbows.

RapidWaterOver

RapidWaterOver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Haven't gotten rekt by anyone so far in 2 years or so, and all my pm's went pretty well. Questions sometimes get ignored though...sometimes.

it's an alright community I guess, though maybe I haven't been involved enough to give you a more qualified answer.

100% sure questions don't get answered because people either don't see it, or they don't know the answer. This isn't the kind of place that's going to act like a country club, and you're just some disheveled dirty clothes wearing peasant that walked in on the club.

Bazinga

Bazinga

dismembered

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Pretty good.

But lately there are way too many people asking stupid one-liner questions everywhere. It's really annoying because it's spamming up the forum and the ones that at least try before asking questions get buried under all that shit.  :mellow:

I start to feel the arrogant disdain that you can witness on IT Crowd towards some of the newer members.

CPU

CPU

Addicted modder and helper

• Moderators
  • 7,988 posts

Then just don't.

If somebody is a noobie, he/she will be helped, also if asks the question that was asked already 1000000004 times.

I am against acid and aggressive people, not against noobs.

But when an old member fake to be a noob just to get a quick answer, then I will get angry.