Sex Slaves for Vanilla Bandit Camps

Just a mod update: here's a screenshot of the CK dialogue I've built so far, and I'm adding more every day.  This is the heart of what I'm contributing; everything else is interesting, but ultimately cosmetic.  I promised immersion; I'm trying to deliver.  Keep in mind that in the second column from the left there are currently 13 entering NPC backgrounds with 3 possible random dialogue responses each that are anywhere from 3-8 lines long . . . for now.  I'm sort of going for SexSlavesforBanditCamps meets the 3DNPC mod . . . without the burden of writing 85 custom dialogues . . . and many branches end with a SexLab script, but you've got to earn it in most cases.  SpeechCraft skill matters!

UpdatedMod_zpsudtpmplj.jpg

Now that's exciting! I look forward to using your version of the mod.

I have actually been using a modified version as well. I fixed all the gray faces and added Dawnguard as a master to merge the changes made to BanditFaction by USLEEP.

After reading your previous comment I reinstalled the original mod, started a new game, and ran straight to Embershard Mine. The lip problem was still present, so we can eliminate our modifications as the cause.

Next I unchecked Has LIP File as you did and the problem still persists.

Oddly, in my regular playthrough the worker slave at Bilegulch Mine is occasionally free of the bug, about 1 in 4 fast travels to the mine. There may be others but that's the one I'm aware of so far. I'm pretty sure this problem wasn't always there, I just don't remember when it started.

It should be noted as well that freed slaves no longer have that partially open-mouthed expression. although I can't test it with dialog because they get switched to their fleeing AI package.

I'll continue testing and will keep you posted if I discover anything else.

Just a mod update: here's a screenshot of the CK dialogue I've built so far, and I'm adding more every day.  This is the heart of what I'm contributing; everything else is interesting, but ultimately cosmetic.  I promised immersion; I'm trying to deliver.  Keep in mind that in the second column from the left there are currently 13 entering NPC backgrounds with 3 possible random dialogue responses each that are anywhere from 3-8 lines long . . . for now.  I'm sort of going for SexSlavesforBanditCamps meets the 3DNPC mod . . . without the burden of writing 85 custom dialogues . . . and many branches end with a SexLab script, but you've got to earn it in most cases.  SpeechCraft skill matters!

I have actually been using a modified version as well. I fixed all the gray faces and added Dawnguard as a master to merge the changes made to BanditFaction by USLEEP.

After reading your previous comment I reinstalled the original mod, started a new game, and ran straight to Embershard Mine. The lip problem was still present, so we can eliminate our modifications as the cause.

Oddly, in my regular playthrough the worker slave at Bilegulch Mine is occasionally free of the bug, about 1 in 4 fast travels to the mine. There may be others but that's the one I'm aware of so far. I'm pretty sure this problem wasn't always there, I just don't remember when it started.

It should be noted as well that freed slaves no longer have that partially open-mouthed expression. although I can't test it with dialog because they get switched to their fleeing AI package.

Great info, thanks!  I'll be including all of the NPC mesh and texture files, but we know how quirky the gray-face bug can be.  I hope I can package them and avoid the bug, but no guarantees.

You seem to be experiencing the lip problem intermittently, and that confirms my hunch that unchecking the LIP file wasn't the fix and it was really just a coincidence in my case.  I'll watch for it more closely from now on.

Freed slaves will be a completely different deal in my version of the mod, and I really haven't started on that phase yet.  I did, however, abandon the "Flee" package altogether.  That one, I think, was what caused the annoying behaviors that so many people complained about but I could never pinpoint what about it was the smoking gun.  I built a different package that has them sandbox in the area they are freed, and it seems to be working so far.  Eventually I'll get a search-for-clothes  and search-for-weapons script going, with a journey-to-destination engaged once the other two are complete.  I've already sketched out various destinations for the different NPCs to go to, now I just need to learn more about scripting it and bundling into an AI package to make it a reality.

Great info, thanks!  I'll be including all of the NPC mesh and texture files, but we know how quirky the gray-face bug can be.  I hope I can package them and avoid the bug, but no guarantees.

You seem to be experiencing the lip problem intermittently, and that confirms my hunch that unchecking the LIP file wasn't the fix and it was really just a coincidence in my case.  I'll watch for it more closely from now on.

Freed slaves will be a completely different deal in my version of the mod, and I really haven't started on that phase yet.  I did, however, abandon the "Flee" package altogether.  That one, I think, was what caused the annoying behaviors that so many people complained about but I could never pinpoint what about it was the smoking gun.  I built a different package that has them sandbox in the area they are freed, and it seems to be working so far.  Eventually I'll get a search-for-clothes  and search-for-weapons script going, with a journey-to-destination engaged once the other two are complete.  I've already sketched out various destinations for the different NPCs to go to, now I just need to learn more about scripting it and bundling into an AI package to make it a reality.

The gray face problem happens when Is CharGen Face Preset is checked. Several npcs in the mod have it, and it must be unchecked or CTL F4 will not work. Once that's done the problem goes away.

The fleeing package keeps the slaves in a cowering state as it seems to use the editor location as the flight destination, as in, the very spot where they are cowering. I like your idea about how to handle freed slaves.

The gray face problem happens when Is CharGen Face Preset is checked. Several npcs in the mod have it, and it must be unchecked or CTL F4 will not work. Once that's done the problem goes away.

The fleeing package keeps the slaves in a cowering state as it seems to use the editor location as the flight destination, as in, the very spot where they are cowering. I like your idea about how to handle freed slaves.

I would agree that the CharGen Face Preset is one of the sources of the gray-face bug.  I've already addressed the CharGen Face Preset in my version of the mod.  Several of pchs' NPCs were like this.  Having said that, the gray-face bug still happened in a fresh save when I applied the mod for the first time (even with the texture files in place), but CTRL F4 fixed it in CK -- even though the files generated went right on top of what was already there.  I would very much like for users to not have to do that if I can help it; not everyone uses CK, and it's pretty unfriendly to new users until you get used to it.  I'm not at the point of packaging files up yet for export, so I'll be tackling that idiosyncrasy later.

You quite aptly described the Fleeing package and why it never made sense to me.  As written Flee = stay exactly where you are and cower. :@  If there were danger present, I suppose that could make sense in some cases, but I was having former captive NPCs cowering in a safe environment (Underground Bathhouse) unless a different package was being executed (like TDF Prostitution).  Really irritating.

I thought Fuz was just for unvoiced dialog, a padding so that the captions had time to display otherwise with no sound file the game didn't know when to stop and would immediately.

One thing I have noticed though is I can hit the Activate key to skip ahead in dialog and it works fine with voiced but unvoiced stuff will not let me speak to the NPC if the "blank" audio is still playing.  I can activate the NPC and the dialog menu comes up but no options display until the silence is done.

I haven't really noticed any lip movement though. Either I'm missing lip files or have some other problem (possibly I'm failing my Spot checks).

I hate troubleshooting intermittent faults!  All I did was uncheck "Has LIP File" from the starting topic dialogue, save again, and now everything works perfectly through all of the dialogue (every branch still has "Has LIP File" checked).  I'm not ready to declare victory just yet (I'm pretty sure that tiny change didn't "fix" it), but I can say the weird lip fault isn't happening right now.  It could be due to some other cause and this was an imperfect test since I hadn't noticed that particular fault on loading in a couple of days.

I'll keep an eye on it, but I'd very much like to deliver an improved product without immersion-breaking annoyances like that . . . who knows, someday maybe I can deliver a voiced version!

For onesumgame, hopefully I build the fix into my version of the mod for you.  Continued troubleshooting on your end with the original would be helpful; let me know if you find anything.

The issue appears to be somehow related to the outfits. I removed the bindings from several npcs and every one of them is free of the lip bug after repeated tests. To test it further, an outfit was made with bindings for one of my own follower npcs, and sure enough, she caught the lip bug.

I don't know if this is caused by a mod conflict or an incorrect MCM setting somewhere in my long list of mods. Perhaps using the bindings as outfit pieces conflicts with their scripts, and they would be better placed directly in the inventory instead of being made into outfits. It's just a theory, and I haven't looked at other ZAZ-dependent mods for comparison.

onesumgame
The issue appears to be somehow related to the outfits. I removed the bindings from several npcs and every one of them is free of the lip bug after repeated tests. To test it further, an outfit was made with bindings for one of my own follower npcs, and sure enough, she caught the lip bug.

I don't know if this is caused by a mod conflict or an incorrect MCM setting somewhere in my long list of mods. Perhaps using the bindings as outfit pieces conflicts with their scripts, and they would be better placed directly in the inventory instead of being made into outfits. It's just a theory, and I haven't looked at other ZAZ-dependent mods for comparison.

Wow, how ironic.  Last night I came to a conclusion about the bindings: I don't like them (in most cases) -- at least not as currently presented, and definitely not the big clunky rusty iron ones.  As such, I had decided to remove/rebuild them when I got to the outfit remake phase (rapidly approaching).  The timing of your discovery is perfect!  At a minimum, I can strip out any scripts associated with the zbf bindings and have each of them be a regular item just there for decoration.  For the purposes of this mod, that change will be immaterial (I think) since the captives are running a package for bound animations rather than the script coming from the bindings themselves.  I'll have to experiment on that theory-to-practice.

I also happened to try an Embershard Mine test like you did, and sure enough got the LIP bug on the captive worker, but not on the other two.  It makes me wonder if it's a package conflict since the worker is basically sandboxing, while the other two remain restrained.  I tried removing the zbfWornDevice keyword to see if that was triggering something undesired, but no change.  Actually, I was trying to resolve a conflict where a SexLab script executes (correctly for a bound animation) but then instantly shifts to a zbf animation because (I think) it recognizes either the bindings or a character in a restrained state (also possibly because of the zbf device).  In fixing this, it might fix the conflict that causes the LIP bug as well.

BTW - the basis for much of the dialogue I've written is predicated on the bindings being enchanted in various ways (even if in the game they are not actually expressing those enchantments).  As such, they don't need to be as physically imposing as some of them are.  I'm thinking of going with variations on the leather and padded cuffs, plus the Gatti Yumiko stuff.  Also, you have to break the enchantment to remove them, turning them into useless junk, or at least a purely decorative item.  Head canon for me always said it would be right and proper to have the removed items still in the captive's inventory, and even if they're worth only a pittance, upon release that would give them something to sell to help them get back on their feet.

A related point: the yoke bindings have no accompanying SexLab/NSAP/SLAL animation (that I know of, correct me if I'm wrong since I've never found any), so I'm faced with a choice:

1) Remove them entirely and replace them with standard bindings

2) Make it impossible to execute a SexLab script until they are removed

3) Become an expert animator and make my own yoke animations (yeah . . . not doing that at this point)

The pillory and X-cross I can rationalize (they come out / they go back in at the end), but when SexLab executes the yoke cuffs suddenly separate from the neck piece and I'm having a hard time with the immersion breaking aspect of that. 

Any thoughts?

I also happened to try an Embershard Mine test like you did, and sure enough got the LIP bug on the captive worker, but not on the other two.  It makes me wonder if it's a package conflict since the worker is basically sandboxing, while the other two remain restrained

I had this very same thought, and I even tested a couple of alternate packages but the results were inconsistent so I narrowed down the problem to the bindings themselves. I tried a handful of Devious Devices mods a while ago and from what I remember the devices were always applied to npcs via scripts or manually via the trade window, but not as actual outfits. I may be wrong, and I don't even know for sure that outfits are the problem.

A related point: the yoke bindings have no accompanying SexLab/NSAP/SLAL animation (that I know of, correct me if I'm wrong since I've never found any), so I'm faced with a choice:

3) Become an expert animator and make my own yoke animations (yeah . . . not doing that at this point)

The pillory and X-cross I can rationalize (they come out / they go back in at the end), but when SexLab executes the yoke cuffs suddenly separate from the neck piece and I'm having a hard time with the immersion breaking aspect of that. 

Any thoughts?

Definitely get rid of the yokes imo, for all the reasons you stated, and because I have never actually seen a slave's hands bound in a yoke. The slaves idle with their hands relaxed to their sides, but perhaps this is another symptom of the outfit bindings.

I also happened to try an Embershard Mine test like you did, and sure enough got the LIP bug on the captive worker, but not on the other two.  It makes me wonder if it's a package conflict since the worker is basically sandboxing, while the other two remain restrained

I had this very same thought, and I even tested a couple of alternate packages but the results were inconsistent so I narrowed down the problem to the bindings themselves. I tried a handful of Devious Devices mods a while ago and from what I remember the devices were always applied to npcs via scripts or manually via the trade window, but not as actual outfits. I may be wrong, and I don't even know for sure that outfits are the problem.

Any thoughts?

Definitely get rid of the yokes imo, for all the reasons you stated, and because I have never actually seen a slave's hands bound in a yoke. The slaves idle with their hands relaxed to their sides, but perhaps this is another symptom of the outfit bindings.

Thanks for the corroboration!  (You've been a great idea sounding-board.)  I actually have seen captives hands bound in yokes, but not necessarily when the PC arrives on the scene.  It's usually some time after when the right package kicks in.  Either way, the yokes are a clever idea poorly executed (immersion breaking) and they're extremely simple to switch out since they're just part of an outfit.

So with your sole vote, consider the yokes gone.  (I didn't need to be pushed very hard to that decision, eh?)  The only pang of regret I have is it's one point of diversity lost in the captives' appearance, and making them NOT be all cookie-cutter replicants is at the philosophical heart of what I'm trying to change in this mod.  They've all got to be (or seem to be) largely unique, and I think that's otherwise achievable via differences in names, hair/makeup, dialogue, clothing, tattoos, etc.

That said, there are enough other things in the Devious packages that I should be able to make up for it.  There were only about 6-7 original mod outfits, but then they were all variations on bindings.  I'm going to still have variations on those, but also various clothing -- particularly footwear (even vanilla!), if for no other reason than to keep captives' feet clean in a cave!  Ick!

For anyone else following along in this development thread, outside inputs, ideas, and opinions are not only welcome, but extremely helpful!

I think there was a yoke animation in one of FunnyBizness SLAL packs but I'm not a fan of yokes anyway. I do like your idea of magically strengthened restraints and if you could avoid the whole DD / Zaz collection it would be a lot lighter on my system. There are a number of bound animations now anyway in SLAL packs and as long as they are tagged correctly, if you needed one you could easily call for "bound, vaginal, aggressive" and the arms will be in the right place without them snapping around into and out of position. Armbinders were always the worst for me due to that problem.

I'm not sure how possible, but there are some pillory animations you might be able to use if you pair the male and female actors and have them move to a sensible spot before starting the anim. for some scenes the Player can sneak up upon or stumble into.

Another story/RP idea for freed slaves and cash: since you just killed off their bandit captors there is probably some loot around you either cannot lorewise carry or other things besides the bondage gear worth selling. Unless you have a market for broken but magically reparable bonds I am not sure there would be that much value on them. I also don't know if an unwilling former captive would be willing to sell something used to capture and hold someone else like her.

I think there was a yoke animation in one of FunnyBizness SLAL packs but I'm not a fan of yokes anyway. I do like your idea of magically strengthened restraints and if you could avoid the whole DD / Zaz collection it would be a lot lighter on my system. There are a number of bound animations now anyway in SLAL packs and as long as they are tagged correctly, if you needed one you could easily call for "bound, vaginal, aggressive" and the arms will be in the right place without them snapping around into and out of position. Armbinders were always the worst for me due to that problem.

The scripts are already built exactly as you suggest, so no worries there.  I didn't ever really dig the yokes either.  I don't think I can avoid the entire DD/Zaz collection, but I wasn't planning on using armbinders or anything anyway.  (Just looked and one appears to carry as many as 8 script behaviors on it).  If I can figure out how without breaking anything, I may rip the devices out of their base mod and bundle them directly into this one with TES5EDIT.  Mainly I was looking at using things like the padded collar/cuff sets and such which I would hope would be a light load (or no load) on any system.  Right now I'm working on stripping them down to their base object, then just adding NoSprint and SexLabNoStrip keywords; jury still out on SlowMove.

I'm not sure how possible, but there are some pillory animations you might be able to use if you pair the male and female actors and have them move to a sensible spot before starting the anim. for some scenes the Player can sneak up upon or stumble into.

I haven't experimented with the pillories yet.  I already have those animations, but figuring out implementing them is pretty low on my priority list right now.  There are ~85 captives in the mod and only a handful in "furniture" so my focus has been elsewhere.  I'll get there (eventually!)

Another story/RP idea for freed slaves and cash: since you just killed off their bandit captors there is probably some loot around you either cannot lorewise carry or other things besides the bondage gear worth selling. Unless you have a market for broken but magically reparable bonds I am not sure there would be that much value on them. I also don't know if an unwilling former captive would be willing to sell something used to capture and hold someone else like her

Great point I hadn't fully considered!  (Now let me explain my way out of that one . . .)  I was planning on making them very low in worth (~20 Septims?) and considering them NOT repairable.  They're permanently broken once removed and not worth much more than their leather or materials.  They would be a cosmetic only item once the enchantment is broken so wouldn't be able to enslave anyone.  Additionally, they could be a point of evidence with the Jarls/authorities if they decided to crack down on the slave trade, or purchasable by anyone interesting in reducing the inventory available for altruistic reasons.

I guess I didn't mean that there was placed furniture for you to use, but just the animobjects that come with the animations. Something fitting for the location and story.

I think there still is a DD based mod here someplace that used the assets but provided an esp to make the armors but without the scripts and such. It might be less work to modify that and add the scripts you want to the items you'll use without making use of the full package, including quests and whatever else is included.

Maybe I don't know what you have actually planned for the slaves to do in the camps and how much / how the player will observe what goes on. How much of the mod is voyeur and how much is post-bandit victim interaction? Was that a post I missed?

I guess I didn't mean that there was placed furniture for you to use, but just the animobjects that come with the animations. Something fitting for the location and story.

I think there still is a DD based mod here someplace that used the assets but provided an esp to make the armors but without the scripts and such. It might be less work to modify that and add the scripts you want to the items you'll use without making use of the full package, including quests and whatever else is included.

Maybe I don't know what you have actually planned for the slaves to do in the camps and how much / how the player will observe what goes on. How much of the mod is voyeur and how much is post-bandit victim interaction? Was that a post I missed?

I think I already have the mod you're talking about.  It's Non-Devious Devices, and I would already be using it were it not for the fact that the regular DD mod(s) are already baked into the cake of the original pchs​ mod.  I don't think I can successfully extract without breaking something, and I've not had a processor load issue with them.  I basically just started where pchs​ left off, and included all of the required mods as a basis, throwing in a couple more for additional outfit items.  It is something to think about, though.

The interaction question did come up a few weeks ago when I first launched into this project (so you're not the first to think along these lines).  Right now, there's nothing written for pre-rescue; everything is (presumed) post-bandit death.  However, I've used the OralOnly​ mod in the past and it can randomly cue SexLab animations.  (See post #131 in this thread.)  If I get a whole lot better at scripting and CK manipulation, I could see building something to trigger with an encounter zone for some cases.  Something for the "things to do" list.

Yeah, pre-bandit rules out my pillory idea, would be no point for that.

So you're mostly working on story, AI to get the slave from camp to elsewhere, and some interaction between PC and slave that leads to freedom with potential sex as reward?

Yeah, pre-bandit rules out my pillory idea, would be no point for that.

So you're mostly working on story, AI to get the slave from camp to elsewhere, and some interaction between PC and slave that leads to freedom with potential sex as reward?

Mostly true, but the sex as a reward isn't guaranteed, so yes, "potential."  Much depends on Speechcraft skill.  There's an alternate branch where the captives may be successively subjugated (with simultaneous Speechcraft/Persuade and Intimidation checks of increasing difficulty), enabled by the bindings they're already wearing.  To the point of being very compliant and not wanting the bindings removed -- think Stockholm Syndrome.  These were the two basic approaches presented in the original mod, at least in spirit; I've just expanded on the premise (a lot).  I'll say no more so as not to spoil the story that evolves with the dialogue.  I will say that (I think) most people will be surprised by the depth and variance available in the menus/dialogue.

What I have can absolutely be just a simple "rescue the girls" campaign, if that's how the user wants to play it.  Or a slave collection / harem builder . . . or a TDF prostitution source . . . or a potential follower source . . . or anything in between/combination thereof.   :blush:

And the pre-bandit pillory idea isn't invalid, it's just not where I'm going (yet).  If I can figure it out how to do it, it's a great idea.

Looking forward to your update coming out, so I can stop using the poor slaves as lunch when I'm a vampire or werewolf.  ;)

Hadn't thought of that for a use, but I suppose the whole point is that you've freed captives and it's up to you what you do . . . I guess in the original, the freed slaves weren't good for much else, huh?  I used one or two as prostitutes in a couple of play-throughs, but I see what you mean.

Thanks for the comment; the interest in the mod update is encouraging.

Since many of you have been so helpful, I thought I'd ask for ideas.  So far I've done 19 of the 21 greeting packages based on captives' assigned backgrounds that I've sketched out.  They are basically the response to the PC's initial query of "So, what happened to you?" or "Say . . . what are you doing here?" -- (and these are randomized to a degree too).  There are 3 randomized "entry" sets, each between 3-8 lines of dialogue and you can go back for the other two via dialogue choices if desired.  The goal here is to diversify the captives as much as possible.  As I've started to assign backgrounds, I still feel like there aren't enough.  (Some are almost too specific and can really only be used 1-2 times [e.g., 14, 20, 21] while others you just wouldn't want to overuse.)  So what other backgrounds might you all suggest, particularly ones that would have a more general application?  There are ~92 NPCs in the mod currently, although there are some unused and some dead so that leaves 82 "Active" NPCs with the goal of NOT re-using/repeating backgrounds as much as possible.

Honestly, if I used the existing lines and just gave each NPC just 1 of the 3 in the package instead of all 3 it would get me there . . . but the truth is I like the depth added by the additional lines.

One thing I may do is recycle some of the already written backgrounds with different dialogue, so there might be an A & B version of any of them.  Either way, I'm cranking out content and it can be fairly time consuming unless I'm feeling particularly inspired.  (I just counted up 287 character lines of dialogue written so far just in the background/greetings section, acknowledging this is the area that will have the greatest "depth.")

Warning: Actual Spoiler under this spoiler alert!

Captive Sects (i.e., Backgrounds)      (* = WIP)
1 Caravan Merchant
2 Blacksmith apprentice
3 Tavern wench
4 Apothacary's assistant
5 Acolyte (Stendarr)
6 Noble  
7 Adventurer
8 Hunter/Archer
9 Former bandit
10 Former bandit leader
11 Sailor    
12 Servant  
13 Apprentice Mage
14 Priestess of Dibella
15 Thalmor Guard 
16 Caravan Guard
17 *Local Militia
18 Journeyman Smith
19 *Skooma Junkie
20 Silver Hand Captive
21 Silver Hand Warrior (former)

Race specific comments/greetings (in addition to above):
1 Elves (Altmer, Bosmer, Dunmer)
2 Immigrant Warrior (Redguard)

Much appreciate the thoughts and comments!

I was thinking exotic (werewolf or vampire, captured and taunted with meat or used as victim disposal or for some other useful, possibly alchemical reason) when I realized you wanted general, reusable options.   Then I realized pilgrim to a shrine and farmer fleeing dragon burnt farm wasn't on the list. I don't remember any female "going to join the army" NPCs but that might be just due to the voice files. No reason you can't have a couple stormcloak volunteers captured somewhere. Could you also have a Vigilant of Stendar, held for sex when she isn't needed for a healing spell?

I was thinking exotic (werewolf or vampire, captured and taunted with meat or used as victim disposal or for some other useful, possibly alchemical reason) when I realized you wanted general, reusable options.   Then I realized pilgrim to a shrine and farmer fleeing dragon burnt farm wasn't on the list. I don't remember any female "going to join the army" NPCs but that might be just due to the voice files. No reason you can't have a couple stormcloak volunteers captured somewhere. Could you also have a Vigilant of Stendar, held for sex when she isn't needed for a healing spell?

Great feedback, as usual!

So, addressing each: 

• Pilgrim to a shrine and Vigilant of Stendarr are currently sort of combined into #5 Acolyte (Stendarr), though I could conceivably split them out.  While not a full Vigilant, my acolyte as written right now is sort of a fighting pilgrim from her brief backstory.  Held for her healing spell ability is a nice touch -- I'll have to figure out how to work that in since many of the NPCs refer to the restraints' effects of making spellcasting difficult/impossible vs. the mention of that the restraints can't be removed.  Maybe only cooperative spells are possible?  I thought of doing additional pilgrims beyond just Stendarr and am thinking that may be my next self imposed task.  Why not an Eldergleam bound Kynareth pilgrim or any other place?  That actually dovetails into what I have sketched out for the post-release AI (when I get there) quite nicely.  They continue on to whatever temple, shrine, or whatever . . . and what about Daedric pilgrims?  I need to work some spice into the vanilla maybe . . .
  • I wanted to do farmer, but I couldn't think of something plausible to get the farmer off the farm short of a bandit raid on the farm, and I didn't like that rather trite solution.  Your suggestion of a destroyed farm is perfect!  Thank you!  (Sort of kicking myself for not thinking of that myself; with dragons, etc. about it's a pretty obvious solution.)
  • I like the army volunteer idea; I had thought of something like that a while back . . . not sure why I didn't follow through.  I probably just forgot in the middle of everything else.  That one works especially well if I write more sections under that sect (like 7-8 instead of 3) and use it a little more commonly.
  • I like the vampire idea . . . and have no clue how to implement it unless I dispense with the restraints, or suspend belief that they would work on the undead.  There were already locked-up vampires in one prison or another somewhere that could maybe be converted for this purpose since they were in cells.  That would be one I keep to a single instance, more than likely.
  • Same deal for the werewolf.  I'm really not sure how to proceed on that one.  (Actually that's where #20 came from to just sidestep the issue).  I'm assuming you find her (maybe) in human shape, otherwise she gets the sword like the others.  Also, I've not explored how to script a transformation yet, but it's an interesting idea.

Definitely some fuel in those ideas; thanks!

So, addressing each: 

• Pilgrim to a shrine and Vigilant of Stendarr are currently sort of combined into #5 Acolyte (Stendarr), though I could conceivably split them out.  While not a full Vigilant, my acolyte as written right now is sort of a fighting pilgrim from her brief backstory.  Held for her healing spell ability is a nice touch -- I'll have to figure out how to work that in since many of the NPCs refer to the restraints' effects of making spellcasting difficult/impossible vs. the mention of that the restraints can't be removed.  Maybe only cooperative spells are possible?  I thought of doing additional pilgrims beyond just Stendarr and am thinking that may be my next self imposed task.  Why not an Eldergleam bound Kynareth pilgrim or any other place?  That actually dovetails into what I have sketched out for the post-release AI (when I get there) quite nicely.  They continue on to whatever temple, shrine, or whatever . . . and what about Daedric pilgrims?  I need to work some spice into the vanilla maybe . . .
  • I wanted to do farmer, but I couldn't think of something plausible to get the farmer off the farm short of a bandit raid on the farm, and I didn't like that rather trite solution.  Your suggestion of a destroyed farm is perfect!  Thank you!  (Sort of kicking myself for not thinking of that myself; with dragons, etc. about it's a pretty obvious solution.)
  • I like the army volunteer idea; I had thought of something like that a while back . . . not sure why I didn't follow through.  I probably just forgot in the middle of everything else.  That one works especially well if I write more sections under that sect (like 7-8 instead of 3) and use it a little more commonly.
  • I like the vampire idea . . . and have no clue how to implement it unless I dispense with the restraints, or suspend belief that they would work on the undead.  There were already locked-up vampires in one prison or another somewhere that could maybe be converted for this purpose since they were in cells.  That would be one I keep to a single instance, more than likely.
  • Same deal for the werewolf.  I'm really not sure how to proceed on that one.  (Actually that's where #20 came from to just sidestep the issue).  I'm assuming you find her (maybe) in human shape, otherwise she gets the sword like the others.  Also, I've not explored how to script a transformation yet, but it's an interesting idea.

Some of the ideas, like pilgrim, farmer and army volunteer are just based on random wilderness encounters available on the roads. The "pilgrim to a shrine" is also a LAL start so looking over some of those might give you an idea though I think you've got them basically covered. The "I'm on my way to Windhelm/Solitude" single travelers are always male, but like I said I think that's just due to the sound files. You could also have battlefield survivors, couriers, scouts and anyone else that your bandit group might be able to capture.

The Pilgrim / Vigilant I was thinking would be different. You'll have people traveling from one city to another to visit a shrine, out of a city to one of the wilderness ones or just people with enough spare money to take a year off and travel to each city to visit the shrines. I suppose a follower of Molag Bal might just be happy captured but the Afflicted followers of Peryite probably not an option.  Vigilants though I run into nearly everywhere but that's probably from my added-spawn mods that increase WE locations. You could have a pair of them wandering someplace, both female and captured, the male killed and female captured or possibly in V2, males captured as well if you expand into vampire bandit caves.

The Wandering Farmer encounter is probably pretty rare since I don't see it that often but there is a husband and wife farmer that fled their farm after it was destroyed by a dragon. Base game you can give them 5g. One mod lets you tell them you're dealing with the dragons and they thank you and another lets you offer extra gold to help them get on their feet when they get wherever they're going, if one or both have sex with you. In your mod, the husband farm gets offed and the wife is just kept because she's female. Not likely any ransom or anything else coming but sex and possibly she could cook for the bandit clan.

IIRC Fellglow Keep, of the Mages Guild quest to track down an idiot failed apprentice that ran off with books is where there are captured vampires. Three are in cells and one is in a hanging cage, target practice for spell throwing apprentices of the evil mages there. I suppose their inclusion depends on whether you only want people the player would want to rescue or not. I could see a player vampire willing to free nearly feral vampires if they are controllable and could be brought under the power of the player as coven master/tress.

Werewolves were in the exotic category but may just not fit in this mod. I don't know why a bandit group would want to keep an able killer around for 27 days on the off chance that 3 days a month they won't break out and maul all of you. Vampires too unless there is some side affect or something they can do or make that the bandits could use in some way... beyond captive disposal. Unlikely to fit with the sexual aspect of the mod unless you have a sex captive and a monster as two captives.

I could see a fairly sadistic bandit chief in one of the caves with big hole in it keeping one, dropping down food to keep the captive alive and when you had a gang member that wouldn't cooperate or captives that aren't worth keeping, you toss them in as well. Depending on werewolf or vampire blood lust, you either keep them up top until the change or just toss them in to save cell space and when the monster goes insane, you get a bloody show. (there was a story I read a while back: vampire is kicked out of clan through a coup but most of his people stay loyal. He was tricked and imprisoned so they don't know what happened to him for the most part. Someone (human) involved in the trick tosses in a girl that didn't accept his attentions (after raping her) thinking the vampire would kill her and dispose of the evidence. She manages to figure out the lock and then lets the vampire feed from her to get them both out. They go on to return him to power).

So, addressing each: 

Some of the ideas, like pilgrim, farmer and army volunteer are just based on random wilderness encounters available on the roads. The "pilgrim to a shrine" is also a LAL start so looking over some of those might give you an idea though I think you've got them basically covered. The "I'm on my way to Windhelm/Solitude" single travelers are always male, but like I said I think that's just due to the sound files. You could also have battlefield survivors, couriers, scouts and anyone else that your bandit group might be able to capture.

The Pilgrim / Vigilant I was thinking would be different. You'll have people traveling from one city to another to visit a shrine, out of a city to one of the wilderness ones or just people with enough spare money to take a year off and travel to each city to visit the shrines. I suppose a follower of Molag Bal might just be happy captured but the Afflicted followers of Peryite probably not an option.  Vigilants though I run into nearly everywhere but that's probably from my added-spawn mods that increase WE locations. You could have a pair of them wandering someplace, both female and captured, the male killed and female captured or possibly in V2, males captured as well if you expand into vampire bandit caves.

The Wandering Farmer encounter is probably pretty rare since I don't see it that often but there is a husband and wife farmer that fled their farm after it was destroyed by a dragon. Base game you can give them 5g. One mod lets you tell them you're dealing with the dragons and they thank you and another lets you offer extra gold to help them get on their feet when they get wherever they're going, if one or both have sex with you. In your mod, the husband farm gets offed and the wife is just kept because she's female. Not likely any ransom or anything else coming but sex and possibly she could cook for the bandit clan.

IIRC Fellglow Keep, of the Mages Guild quest to track down an idiot failed apprentice that ran off with books is where there are captured vampires. Three are in cells and one is in a hanging cage, target practice for spell throwing apprentices of the evil mages there. I suppose their inclusion depends on whether you only want people the player would want to rescue or not. I could see a player vampire willing to free nearly feral vampires if they are controllable and could be brought under the power of the player as coven master/tress.

Werewolves were in the exotic category but may just not fit in this mod. I don't know why a bandit group would want to keep an able killer around for 27 days on the off chance that 3 days a month they won't break out and maul all of you. Vampires too unless there is some side affect or something they can do or make that the bandits could use in some way... beyond captive disposal. Unlikely to fit with the sexual aspect of the mod unless you have a sex captive and a monster as two captives.

I could see a fairly sadistic bandit chief in one of the caves with big hole in it keeping one, dropping down food to keep the captive alive and when you had a gang member that wouldn't cooperate or captives that aren't worth keeping, you toss them in as well. Depending on werewolf or vampire blood lust, you either keep them up top until the change or just toss them in to save cell space and when the monster goes insane, you get a bloody show. (there was a story I read a while back: vampire is kicked out of clan through a coup but most of his people stay loyal. He was tricked and imprisoned so they don't know what happened to him for the most part. Someone (human) involved in the trick tosses in a girl that didn't accept his attentions (after raping her) thinking the vampire would kill her and dispose of the evidence. She manages to figure out the lock and then lets the vampire feed from her to get them both out. They go on to return him to power).

​I'm in agreement about a werewolf exotic not fitting in this, plus I've already written a pretty good set to handle a Silver Hand captive (Gallows Rock).  Vampire (Fellglow Keep) would be much easier, but since it's a specific case I may leave that one on the drawing board for now and come back to it on a later version.  I think for now I need to get back to basics with the core of the mod; the other bells and whistles can always be added later.

Love your thoughts on the Pilgrims / Vigilants /  Farmers, etc.  I'm gearing up to write those, but have already assigned sects to receive several of them.  Currently unscripted, but so far:

• 22 Vigilant of Stendarr
  • 23 Farmer
  • 24 Pilgrim (Eldergleam)
  • 25 Pilgrim (Mara)
  • 26 Pilgrim (Dibella)
  • 27 Pilgrim (Kynareth)
  • 28 Pilgrim (Zenithar)
  • 29 Pilgrim (Stendarr)
  • 30 Pilgrim (Azura)
  • 31 Pilgrim (Meridia)

Not really feeling inspired for Pilgrims to the shrines of Molag Bal, Mehrunes Dagon, Namira, etc.

I maybe could add a pretty Thieves Guild member who got caught though!  ;) 

You're actually still working on this?! That is EXCELLENT news. I primarily have Defeat installed just for "rescue the damsel" scenarios to play out, but no mods offer damsels that actually acknowledge being saved.

Not just still working, but actively filling the mod with content daily during every moment I can spare away from Real Life.  Glad to know you're interested.

Ok, I'll bite.  What specifically would you like to see in a mainly dialogue based mod that gives the captives some background / attitudes, and eventually some release AI to go off somewhere / do something?  I think I'm filling the gaps left by the original mod that have seemed to annoy everyone the most, but I'm always looking for new ideas.

You may or may not already have an idea of where I'm going depending on how far back you read, but I jumped into the fray at post #125 -- sort of hijacked this thread at that point maybe, but everything I'm doing is a continuation / expansion of the spirit of the original work.