[CLOSED] Project C.I.T.R.U.S. - Old WIP thread

blabba

Guest kimbale

Ingame morphs. Cool.

WAIT?! WHAT?! IN! GAME! MORPHING?!?!?!?!!!!!!

*ahem*

I'm still here to help, though I gave up using older max versions (they hate me).

Is there a chance we'll ever see bodyslide compatible clothes/armor that go with Citrus?

I'm not sure about the bodyslide part.

I can guarantee that there will be at least 1 armour I make to fit with CITRUS morphs. (Working on 3dsMax tools to make it easier and faster)

My hope is expired finishes and polishes up his in-game morph system and I can use that instead of the mess that bodyslide is. (Bodyslide is great if your just an end user, but as a modder it's pretty much the bane of at least my existence now...)

stock-footage-caucasian-man-hands-cuttin

Well, Expired's made in-game morphing possible.

Works well, and so this seems like it'll be the new direction I'm going in for citrus morphs.

It's still beta for now though, and I'll wait 'till Expired says it's good enough to release publicly to update my OP with it for further testing etc....

I'll call it v5 to distinguish the change, however all existing v4 morphs will be in it as well as maybe some new ones if I get some time to work on it.

Well, Expired's made in-game morphing possible.

Works well, and so this seems like it'll be the new direction I'm going in for citrus morphs.

It's still beta for now though, and I'll wait 'till Expired says it's good enough to release publicly to update my OP with it for further testing etc....

I'll call it v5 to distinguish the change, however all existing v4 morphs will be in it as well as maybe some new ones if I get some time to work on it.

Right now, it's set that all npc's will use by default whatever the shape of the femalebody.nif (or more importantly what shape their armour/clothing their wearing contains)

So the downside is that if using the default citrus .nifs your going to get skinny nude npc's :(

The RM plugin lets you freely control only your PC's mesh, and if you use EFF you can use it's features to call up the racemenu on followers and modify their bodies as well.

If you want to manipulate the shapes of all NPC's, you need to modify their shape via scripting right now. Although IIRC expired said that's a performance issue since that's a lot of data/memory. There might be another alternate way that I do not know of yet. Will ask expired about this later I guess.

Well that's how it is currently, who knows what the future may hold...

Right now, it's set that all npc's will use by default whatever the shape of the femalebody.nif (or more importantly what shape their armour/clothing their wearing contains)

So the downside is that if using the default citrus .nifs your going to get skinny nude npc's :(

The RM plugin lets you freely control only your PC's mesh, and if you use EFF you can use it's features to call up the racemenu on followers and modify their bodies as well.

If you want to manipulate the shapes of all NPC's, you need to modify their shape via scripting right now. Although IIRC expired said that's a performance issue since that's a lot of data/memory. There might be another alternate way that I do not know of yet. Will ask expired about this later I guess.

Well that's how it is currently, who knows what the future may hold...

I use this http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51612/? Every NPC in my game has a different body and texture.

This is all theory, and slightly redundant/overly complex, but since all of citrus' morphs are sequential, would it be possible to use 3ds max or bodyslide to make a standard body for npcs and all of the armors that go with it, then subtract those changes from the vertex diffs used for Citrus body morphs with Expired's in-game changer, and use the already altered body to make the Diff files for the custom player character body and her armor?

This is all theory, and slightly redundant/overly complex, but since all of citrus' morphs are sequential, would it be possible to use 3ds max or bodyslide to make a standard body for npcs and all of the armors that go with it, then subtract those changes from the vertex diffs used for Citrus body morphs with Expired's in-game changer, and use the already altered body to make the Diff files for the custom player character body and her armor?

Yea that's sorta what I do now just for testing.

I just export from my 3dsmax a bodyshape I can live with on NPC's, then in RM for my PC, I put the sliders at negative their values to get back the default shape, and just figure out how to tweak from there what I want.

Kind of a roundabout method but it sorta works for me.

Only major downside I can think of for this method is that you'll need to export all the .nifs for armours and etc... as well for your npc's.

Alternatively, If one were to make a skyproc patcher  that could accept exports from the in-game body changer, it might be able to work universally. You'd still need Citrus,and all the armors w/ diff files for in-game changer. Basically, You would make a general npc body in-game --> export it in ingame menu --> Run patcher---> patcher would detect armors and base body and create overwrites for them with exported body--> plugin with new meshes overwrites old body and applies new mesh--> Start a character with a custom race body that uses base citrus --> Create new player body with in-game changer. That would allow for people to have universal armors based on the citrus base mesh and a unique player character that could use the same armor without requiring the scripts to cause performance issues on npcs.

Crackhead train of thought on this (after reading the last 2 pages and just typing down my initial thoughts)...

Set up an esp/bsa pack that gives each race a 0 and 1 body hand and feet set for each female usuing citrus as a base (completely bypassing the standard 1 female body type for all races).

Examples: Nord are tall and musclar, Bretons are skinny and short, Red Guards have a larger backside, high elves are anorexic, or what ever...

And for end user that want to customize each races range let them unpack the bsa to the specific folder and either create the low / high body hands and feet in max or bodyslide.

Then Create all the base armors in the Citrus base shape, and have the esp morph the armor to match the npc (either via an skse plugin or via pap scripts).

So in game you may end up with something like:

Aela is female Nord with height set to 1.0, weight at 90 to 100, etc etc wearing draugr armor... the esp would have skyrim build her armor to match that shape (morph from the citrus 0 shape).

Or the Red Guard female bandit you come across is height .9 weight 25, etc etc wearing fur 1... system would take the armor and morph it to meet the red guard female shape design of a 25 weight slider.

Problems:

This method may put a lot of stress on either skse, pap script engine, or just the cpu/gpu in general...

But it you could get it to work.... well we would all bow to you, you mad orage

• 2 weeks later...

I dont understand how to work this mod and i'm very interested in it? Is there a tutorial?

Sorry this has probably been asked before but it's a little much to read 69 pages of posts to find it.

Can you make a tutorial link or video or something on how to work this right by the mod download?

Like instructions or something?

I dont understand how to work this mod and i'm very interested in it? Is there a tutorial?

Sorry this has probably been asked before but it's a little much to read 69 pages of posts to find it.

Can you make a tutorial link or video or something on how to work this right by the mod download?

Like instructions or something?

Its a body replacer high poly you just need download CITRUS4.2 Beta and CITRUS slaider ,work like Bodyslide Studio oh and use UNP body texture

and dont forget follow installation instruction  :P

sry for bad english

Isnt it too soon for beta? My understanding is that for a game to be in beta, it has to have all of the main features/functionality implemented... yet so far we havent really seen anything of the UI, and very little of the actual game -- mostly I feel like weve just seen music and animated backgrounds.

i think blabba relis this mod for testing so can get ppl opinion ,but when he dont with this greate work will be body use by most of ppl  :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really great project. I am currently using your HDT body as i really like the sliders for it but now i have looked into this and it is looking really great. So, I am trying it and I am not sure if this has been addressed or not, but in the sliders there seems to be a few problems for me. As you can see the aerola color is below the nipples, and the boobs seem to be stretched(stretch pattern under boobs). the belly button texture is it? is off from the indention where the bellybutton is. Hope this helps. Sorry if it's already been addressed

post-600137-0-63238100-1426823430_thumb.png

This is a really great project. I am currently using your HDT body as i really like the sliders for it but now i have looked into this and it is looking really great. So, I am trying it and I am not sure if this has been addressed or not, but in the sliders there seems to be a few problems for me. As you can see the aerola color is below the nipples, and the boobs seem to be stretched(stretch pattern under boobs). the belly button texture is it? is off from the indention where the bellybutton is. Hope this helps. Sorry if it's already been addressed

Pretty sure this is a texture set problem. Are you using UNP textures?

Pretty sure this is a texture set problem. Are you using UNP textures?

Thx for the reply. I was actually using CBBE textures. Fixed! :D

I'm a little confused as to what makes Project CITRUS special. Is it the fact you'll be able to change bodyshape in-game (beyond the weight slider) and have your armor morph to match rather than having to rebuild everything with Bodyslide? Because I would love that.

At its core, its a higher poly mesh than any previous body, which allows for much better shaped morphs. Especially when the fact that all of blabbas morphs are sequential ( ie. you can use multiple body morphs on the same piece of anatomy without awkward results) is taken into consideration. As far as changing shape ingame, Blabba is currently working with Expired (RaceMenu's Author) to try and make Citrus body work with Expired's WIP in-game body changer as he finds Bodyslide to be unsuitable for body editing. With CITRUS's sequential morphs it may very well be possible to make morphing armor a reality.

Hey Blabba, I hate to double post, but I found something fairly interesting, http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64209/?This is a skyproc patcher that allows replacement meshes to be added by race, which could be very useful for Citrus Armor distribution if a way to integrate it properly is found. I'm not sure it's able to add anything like the diff files, but the author said that it's free to fix, extend or derive new and interesting things from this.

Archived