How do you feel about Disney buying Lucasfilm?

Wow, really? This caused me the same amount of shock as when I heard Bethesda bought out ID. It's one of those acquisitions that you have to ask, really? Why on earth would either ID or Lucasfilm be in that sort of position, as in literally considering selling out?

I don't so much mind the Disney acquisition though. Disney films tend to (for the most part) be quite good, and the first trilogy itself is living proof that even George Lucas himself is capable of screwing things up. Episode II was a fucking joke. I tend to think he is better at thinking up the universe anyway, and letting others actually write the story.

So who knows? Maybe a good thing, script and screeplay wise.

The problem as I see it is that they are going to milk a cow that is already running on fumes anyway. "We plan to release a film every 2-3 years." What kind of mentality is that? It's releasing a film for releasing a film's sake. No motivation otherwise whatsoever. This is exactly how to kill a franchise.

It would be even more hilarious if they were better. To be fair, I liked EP1 (minus a certain idiot) and EPIII is actually quite good. But EPII was just a waste.

I would love to see some good storytelling set in the Old Republic though, there is definitely a lot of potential there, more so than the original trilogies, which are pretty self contained. I personally don't even see a need for 7, 8, 9. Lucas always said it was the story of a man and his redemption... it is good enough for me.

I don't so much mind the Disney acquisition though. Disney films tend to (for the most part) be quite good' date=' and the first trilogy itself is living proof that even George Lucas himself is capable of screwing things up. Episode II was a fucking joke.[/quote']

Episodes IV-VI had investors to keep Lucas in check. As the need for investors lessened, and he got more control, things just went downhill.

This

disney-star-wars.jpeg

darthnoooooo.jpg

Oh yeah, That's bad.

They'll put Starwars Heroes and villain on disney land.

It Makes them looks like sissies.

How about the other copyright on the different children Storybook titles that Disney adopted as movie.

Peter pan, alice in wonderland, Beauty and the beast, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Christmas carol?

Don't tell me they own it.

i'd kill myself.

This

disney-star-wars.jpeg

darthnoooooo.jpg

Oh yeah' date=' That's bad.

They'll put Starwars Heroes and villain on disney land.

It Makes them looks like sissies.

How about the other copyright on the different children Storybook titles that Disney adopted as movie.

Peter pan, alice in wonderland, Beauty and the beast, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Christmas carol?

Don't tell me they own it.

i'd kill myself.

[/quote']

You won't kill yourself, at least not until you seen the Disney star wars on ice.

Disney is basically a monopoly these days. Seriously, look up a list of what they own sometime, it's insane.

Not that that automatically means anything Star Wars they put out would automatically suck. It's just annoying how much control Disney has today.

Yes. Disney does control Marvel.

Prove ?

There were no spiderman nor avenger the last time i visit disneyland.

Warner brother does own mortal kombat and DC.universe though.

I Saw superman vs raiden - liukang vs batman just recently.

Yes. Disney does control Marvel.

Prove ?

There were no spiderman nor avenger the last time i visit disneyland.

Marvel is owned by Disney:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Studios

Sony Pictures Entertainment owns the rights to Spider-Man movie related licensed products: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Pictures_Entertainment

Things are never as straight forward as they first appear.....:P