On 4/24/2020 at 9:37 PM, zarantha said:

Looks a lot better, but still not connecting the left and right for me. I think you may need to have the kinemetic / base bones on a higher up bone. The first link or two of the chain is not moving.

I really wish I knew why the heretic stuff works in LE but not SE. Maybe it was something PE did that SMP doesn't do.

According to Musje, it's because "SMP does not allow half loop dependencies (2 points fixed to bones with a chain between them)".

See here:

7 hours ago, AWHA said:

Guys, I remember reading somewhere that using AddItemMenu to obtain DD items can lead to problems, is this true? Apparently it has to do with the scripts attached to DD items.

I noticed problems when I tried to pick up more than 3 pieces of one clothing at a time. I finally switched to pick up a single set, that didn't make any problems so far.  

For some reason, devices from the devious device asset esp don’t seem to work when equipped (no dialogue pop-up, not appearing on the body) and yet devices from the other two esps  (integration and expansion) work perfectly. Has anyone encountered this issue before? And any idea on how i can solve it?

On 4/26/2020 at 2:57 PM, crayne said:

I've got no issues with firefox. Do you have the same addons installed in both? If yes, try disabling all addons temporarily. Antivirus programs tend to install these so they check HTTPS connections (these are encrypted from your browser to webserver, so antivirus cant check what is transfered otherwise). Maybe the antivirus or it's addon blocks your browser until the file is unpacked and checked for viruses and this takes too long, so the browser freezes.

Thanks that fixed it, got the mod.

4 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

I noticed problems when I tried to pick up more than 3 pieces of one clothing at a time. I finally switched to pick up a single set, that didn't make any problems so far.  

DD scripts generally cause problems if you have more than 1 of the same item and try to (un)equip them. I've never had DD probelms that related to additemmenu, but it's only been a few days since i installed DD SE, so it might happen.

2 hours ago, FredOof said:

For some reason, devices from the devious device asset esp don’t seem to work when equipped (no dialogue pop-up, not appearing on the body) and yet devices from the other two esps  (integration and expansion) work perfectly. Has anyone encountered this issue before? And any idea on how i can solve it?

Same true for me. Even happens when i disable all other mods besides those required by DD and Sexlab so it doesn't seem to be a conflict. Have these items ever worked in DD SE?

I'm having a similar issue, but I'm not sure if it's the same. Absolutely nothing Devious Devices related works for me at all. Any quest that tries to play devices on me doesn't place them or doesn't trigger the quests at all. Equipping devices from any DD-related mod doesn't work at all. They do not trigger any popups. However, they do seem to have the slowdown/sound effects like with the catsuit. It just seems like the scripts aren't triggering at all. This is on a new save. It would be nice to know what files I should have installed at this point because it seems the page for DD SSE has 4.3 updated on it now, but I'm not sure if that's what I should be using.

uhhh the devices functionality doesn't work for me for some reason..the arm binder just removes my character's forearms and my character keeps behaving normally (except for having the armbinder on her back), and same for the handcuffs. nipple piercings (all of them) just float infornt of me and all NPCs can talk when they have the gag on.

i built all the DD bodyslide files in the bodyslide studio so i don't understand what's the problem? 

is it because the last version of SKSE is not supported by the mod yet? (i choose non when i installed it)

19 hours ago, SHORYUKEN97 said:

uhhh the devices functionality doesn't work for me for some reason..the arm binder just removes my character's forearms and my character keeps behaving normally (except for having the armbinder on her back), and same for the handcuffs. nipple piercings (all of them) just float infornt of me and all NPCs can talk when they have the gag on.

i built all the DD bodyslide files in the bodyslide studio so i don't understand what's the problem? 

is it because the last version of SKSE is not supported by the mod yet? (i choose non when i installed it)

Did you build the animations in FNIS or Nemesis? It could also be that not enough time was given to process the animations. At most, it should only take 30 seconds to load the animation, possibly more depending on your animation count.

4 hours ago, NobodyImportant33333 said:

Did you build the animations in FNIS or Nemesis? It could also be that not enough time was given to process the animations. At most, it should only take 30 seconds to load the animation, possibly more depending on your animation count.

i used FNIS

On 4/27/2020 at 8:52 PM, XenoDrake said:

I'm having a similar issue, but I'm not sure if it's the same. Absolutely nothing Devious Devices related works for me at all. Any quest that tries to play devices on me doesn't place them or doesn't trigger the quests at all. Equipping devices from any DD-related mod doesn't work at all. They do not trigger any popups. However, they do seem to have the slowdown/sound effects like with the catsuit. It just seems like the scripts aren't triggering at all. This is on a new save. It would be nice to know what files I should have installed at this point because it seems the page for DD SSE has 4.3 updated on it now, but I'm not sure if that's what I should be using.

I'm having a similar problem too, but it only happens with NPCs. I can equip DD items on the player, but if I give these items to NPCs then nothing happens, no pop-up menu, no notification, no devices being equipped. If I look at the NPC's inventory I can see that they have the device equipped "in the inventory", but not in the game world.

I think the DD scripts are not triggering for some reason. They way DD works is that the item you have in your inventory activates a script when equipped, and the script then equips the "actual" item on the player/NPC. I suspect something is blocking the script from executing on NPCs.

Edit: ran some tests and identified a possible conflict. DD appears to conflict with the "No Enchantment Restriction SKSE Remake" mod from Nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34175

On 4/29/2020 at 10:03 AM, SHORYUKEN97 said:

so i've been rechecking my bodyslide studio and it appears i have 2 outfit/body options for the CBBE SMP body (which i use)

the first one is "CBBE SMP body" which i've built into my game and characters and outfits etc. BUT it can't be used with DD for some reason.

and the second one is "[CBBE SMP body]" which for some reason doesn't seem to have sliders for any preset and can be used with the DD (and i did use it)..

so the thing is my characters are using a body preset (or something) and the DD is being used with another body preset, could this be the source of the problem?

(i don't really understand how this stuff works sorry)

pics for clarification:

normal one.PNG

used with dd sliders.PNG

used with dd.PNG

@SHORYUKEN97 @XenoDrake @AWHA

A lot of things come into play here. The first is DD is an absolute script hog - I don't think I've ever seen things trigger immediately even after I upgraded my pc. If it's not triggering after a few minutes, you may need to remove other script heavy mods. If you consistently have problems with devices and are on an install with just the requirements, you may not have a strong enough pc. I ditched this mod in LE because I could not run it with a borderline pc running on low.

Another is DD does not have quests. It is a framework to provide the devices that is all. Quests come from other mods. If quests are not triggering, try looking at those mods.

Yes, I do get lock options in game, as long as I am playing normally. I mostly do not get lock options on DD stuff I manually added from the mod using the console or additem menu. I don't believe this is a DD issue, since the lock options work when devices are added through normal game play with DCL.

Armbinder is one of those items where it does take time. you will first see your pc loose hands, then if the script continues to run normally, you should see the pose change. if the pose is not changing, then something didn't finish. Sometimes changing cells will help. If loading/reloading/changing cells doesn't work, then you will need to test with just DD and it's requirements. The armbinder pose should be applied regardless if you get the lock pop up.

I'm not  going to tell you how to fix the presets for a custom body. If you're doing that, you should know how to add the groups to your body preset (or your preset to the groups, either way). If you're seeing the body in brackets, that means the body you have selected doesn't exist for the groups you have selected in the filter. If you change to a different body, you shouldn't see it in the drop down any more. If you click the drop down but don't change, it stays selected and in brackets but doesn't actually apply.

But, DD bodyslide is missing the CBBE slidergroups. You can download them , then try batch building again. Since I don't know what you did with your body (I don't use custom body presets), I don't know if that will fix it for you or not.

CBBE SE slidergroups: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-43/?do=findComment&comment=2438438

DD is compatible with the latest skse. By selecting 'None' you are selecting the 2.0.17 dll.

It's possible there might be a conflict with no enchantment restriction. I don't use that mod.

29 minutes ago, zarantha said:

A lot of things come into play here. The first is DD is an absolute script hog - I don't think I've ever seen things trigger immediately even after I upgraded my pc. If it's not triggering after a few minutes, you may need to remove other script heavy mods. If you consistently have problems with devices and are on an install with just the requirements, you may not have a strong enough pc. I ditched this mod in LE because I could not run it with a borderline pc running on low.

Another is DD does not have quests. It is a framework to provide the devices that is all. Quests come from other mods. If quests are not triggering, try looking at those mods.

Yes, I do get lock options in game, as long as I am playing normally. I mostly do not get lock options on DD stuff I manually added from the mod using the console or additem menu. I don't believe this is a DD issue, since the lock options work when devices are added through normal game play with DCL.

Armbinder is one of those items where it does take time. you will first see your pc loose hands, then if the script continues to run normally, you should see the pose change. if the pose is not changing, then something didn't finish. Sometimes changing cells will help. If loading/reloading/changing cells doesn't work, then you will need to test with just DD and it's requirements. The armbinder pose should be applied regardless if you get the lock pop up.

I'm not  going to tell you how to fix the presets for a custom body. If you're doing that, you should know how to add the groups to your body preset (or your preset to the groups, either way). If you're seeing the body in brackets, that means the body you have selected doesn't exist for the groups you have selected in the filter. If you change to a different body, you shouldn't see it in the drop down any more. If you click the drop down but don't change, it stays selected and in brackets but doesn't actually apply.

But, DD bodyslide is missing the CBBE slidergroups. You can download them , then try batch building again. Since I don't know what you did with your body (I don't use custom body presets), I don't know if that will fix it for you or not.

CBBE SE slidergroups: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-43/?do=findComment&comment=2438438

DD is compatible with the latest skse. By selecting 'None' you are selecting the 2.0.17 dll.

It's possible there might be a conflict with no enchantment restriction. I don't use that mod.

Thanks for the reply first of all..

i guess something in the scripts isn't finishing then because no matter how much i wait the devices don't work. neither the armbinder nor the gags or anything else..

as for bodyslide i don't miss around with it at all..i just got an already made custom preset of the nexus and used it with the smp body, nothing more, because i'm too scared to play with all these settings that i don't understand and messing something up lol.

i don't know how to install these slidergroups into the bodyslide studio either, how do i do that?

install them through my mod manager or?

Edit: nvm i found out how, and the slidegroups were already there anyway so nothing was missing. Thanks!

2 hours ago, zarantha said:

A lot of things come into play here.

This was on a new save. While I don't have that mod, I had already decided to check what all was overwriting Devious Devices and it seems that some mod I had from FactoryClose/BakaFactory accidentally included a ~3KB zadLibs.pex script, whereas the one in DD 4.3 is about 100KB. Not sure what happened there but I didn't realize he had updated it to remove that, and he had apologized for including it accidentally. As soon as that overwrite was gone and I started another new save, the problems were completely gone. That definitely would explain why no quest that uses DD would fire. I'm pretty sure zadLibs is a core part of any script firing from devious equipment that gets equipped. So you definitely don't want anything overwriting a script like that unless it includes all the original code or was built from the same version of Devious Devices that you have installed, which is why the 3KB definitely made my eyes pop. Lol.

9 minutes ago, XenoDrake said:

This was on a new save. While I don't have that mod, I had already decided to check what all was overwriting Devious Devices and it seems that some mod I had from FactoryClose/BakaFactory accidentally included a ~3KB zadLibs.pex script, whereas the one in DD 4.3 is about 100KB. Not sure what happened there but I didn't realize he had updated it to remove that, and he had apologized for including it accidentally. As soon as that overwrite was gone and I started another new save, the problems were completely gone. That definitely would explain why no quest that uses DD would fire. I'm pretty sure zadLibs is a core part of any script firing from devious equipment that gets equipped. So you definitely don't want anything overwriting a script like that unless it includes all the original code or was built from the same version of Devious Devices that you have installed, which is why the 3KB definitely made my eyes pop. Lol.

Got to lol. I had a similar issue with sg04 animations getting messed up, and tracked it to another mod that modified one of the core sexlab scripts, but since it was for LE, it just busted things for me.

Yeah, zadlibs is one of the core scripts. So now we know to check for that too.

2 hours ago, SHORYUKEN97 said:

Thanks for the reply first of all..

i guess something in the scripts isn't finishing then because no matter how much i wait the devices don't work. neither the armbinder nor the gags or anything else..

as for bodyslide i don't miss around with it at all..i just got an already made custom preset of the nexus and used it with the smp body, nothing more, because i'm too scared to play with all these settings that i don't understand and messing something up lol.

i don't know how to install these slidergroups into the bodyslide studio either, how do i do that?

install them through my mod manager or?

Edit: nvm i found out how, and the slidegroups were already there anyway so nothing was missing. Thanks!

Did you see xenodrake's post below yours? Try checking if you have anything overwriting the DD scripts.

I've got 2 problems that I think one is DD related but caused by other mods.

1) the pony girl prance walk animation from DD? is stuck on even with no DD items worn or quests running and some(not all) female npc's are also stuck prancing.

2) the sneak animation i use from female catwoman crawl on all fours is no longer used and the default sneak animation is being used.

I know the sneak isn't related to DD but both happened at the same time.

Of course I have the same potential conflicting mods that other posts related to animation problems use.  slaverun reloaded and FNIS sexy moves with DD 4.3.  Nothing i read had a fix, just try this and that.

At level 6 slaverun started.  Shortly after that, i received and finished the rubber doll quest.  After finishing that quest is when i first noticed these 2 problems.

I've tried the obvious things like changing mcm settings in slaverun, sexy moves, sexlab, sl animation loader, zaz, dd, but none worked.  I even tried commenting out the FNIS calls in a slave run script and recompiled.  Also tried replacing the slaverun hkx sneak files with those of the catwoman crawl files, renaming them of course.

The really odd thing is if I start the game and load a old save when the sneak animation was working and sexy moves walk, I still get the pony girl prance and default sneak.  That suggest it's not baked into a save.  I tried multiple saves all the way back to level 1 and pranced with all of them.  I haven't yet tried a new game, that takes about an hour with 367 mods...

So how is this pony girl walk animation being carried over to a older good save?

Is what walk and sneak animation to use stored outside a save file?  Perhaps a corrupted animation registry or is that stored in a save file?

hi have 3 problem

1 when i uninstal DD it dont uninstal animation in fnis

2 when i walk normal but i cant go in 1st person view

3 when i walk tied i have the 1st person view 

i want walk normal and be able to change view or be able to uninstal DD someone can help me plz

7 hours ago, onen said:

I've got 2 problems that I think one is DD related but caused by other mods.

1) the pony girl prance walk animation from DD? is stuck on even with no DD items worn or quests running and some(not all) female npc's are also stuck prancing.

2) the sneak animation i use from female catwoman crawl on all fours is no longer used and the default sneak animation is being used.

I know the sneak isn't related to DD but both happened at the same time.

Of course I have the same potential conflicting mods that other posts related to animation problems use.  slaverun reloaded and FNIS sexy moves with DD 4.3.  Nothing i read had a fix, just try this and that.

At level 6 slaverun started.  Shortly after that, i received and finished the rubber doll quest.  After finishing that quest is when i first noticed these 2 problems.

I've tried the obvious things like changing mcm settings in slaverun, sexy moves, sexlab, sl animation loader, zaz, dd, but none worked.  I even tried commenting out the FNIS calls in a slave run script and recompiled.  Also tried replacing the slaverun hkx sneak files with those of the catwoman crawl files, renaming them of course.

The really odd thing is if I start the game and load a old save when the sneak animation was working and sexy moves walk, I still get the pony girl prance and default sneak.  That suggest it's not baked into a save.  I tried multiple saves all the way back to level 1 and pranced with all of them.  I haven't yet tried a new game, that takes about an hour with 367 mods...

So how is this pony girl walk animation being carried over to a older good save?

Is what walk and sneak animation to use stored outside a save file?  Perhaps a corrupted animation registry or is that stored in a save file?

are you using a mod that changes walks and idles? symptoms like what you have are usually seen with something like that. those types of mods are not compatible with DD. fnis sexy walk is one that i know of, but there could be others.

4 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

I have seen during the installation that the SKSE plugin of Devious Devices Integration is for 1.5.80. The newest SKSE version is 1.5.97. Is there an update for DDI?

Stated multiple times and multiple pages for months.....

The newest dll is compatible with 1.5.97 / 2.0.17. Chose "none" when installing to get the latest dll.

1 hour ago, trtrtr99 said:

hi have 3 problem

1 when i uninstal DD it dont uninstal animation in fnis

2 when i walk normal but i cant go in 1st person view

3 when i walk tied i have the 1st person view 

i want walk normal and be able to change view or be able to uninstal DD someone can help me plz

FNIS instructions say when you uninstall a FNIS mod you run FNIS again. Did you run FNIS after uninstalling DD?

FNIS needs to be run every single time you install or uninstall a FNIS mod - make sure you do it!

The walk issues sound like stuck animations. The only way to fix those is to go back to a save where the issue doesn't exist. Sometimes starting a different animation will help, but not always. I get it sometimes with hunterborn, it's not an issue with this mod only, it's more of a vanilla bug.

Edit: I also just came across this tidbit - do you use immersive first person?

There's also an incompatibility between IFPV SE and the Feuertin (Default) animations from DD where the first person camera gets fuck-ey while moving if your character is bound and using one of the animations (Since it's a 360 animation pack and IFPV doesn't play nicely with 360 animation packs.) Just have to use Feuertin (Alt) animations and everything is right as rain.