16 minutes ago, SwiftRansom said:

Where can I download the ebony chicks from? @mrrakkonn

That's the same sim with a fair bit of time in between where I changed several details about her appearance. Unfortunately she's not done in the sense that I have finalized and uploaded her, I'm usually slow about these things, and I often take my time with sims and come back to make changes/updates at later points.  

Moved Vito and the crime family to Del Sol Valley for the next chapter of The Simsfather.  Here are some photos organized neatly, per @B10HAZARD.'s preference.  Surely, @B10HAZARD., your day is no longer ruined by slow loading times ?.

303449742_11-24-22_85610PM.thumb.png.5274584b7b4bf2f21e9515ed0c83f588.png

Spoiler

1961054923_11-24-22_91936PM.thumb.png.744f10c522d52627f9ecd76d09974b55.png

819598634_11-25-22_50854PM.thumb.png.5c7eff132ea799fd677a896637eef02a.png

Spoiler

1196520825_11-25-22_43434PM.thumb.png.9363643ae585baf08321e538e33389a3.png1073921681_11-25-22_44337PM.thumb.png.1b4f1a2a53fee03c3e435414f0e7c975.png2022203176_11-25-22_45249PM.thumb.png.db315c336b42b1ce62130105e0161535.png

Spoiler

1056644421_11-25-22_51737PM.thumb.png.959271b1c61636ef49910b6bfbafd241.png87793630_11-25-22_54356PM.thumb.png.23134263db902c54159a46011f4ac28f.png2102569658_11-25-22_53020PM.thumb.png.147b9087f705cee39d6ffa8034d6f6cd.png

Spoiler

1385115735_11-25-22_60638PM.thumb.png.9bcd63ba3c13ad3d299e681f73d4b7e6.png

111501603_11-25-22_83051PM.thumb.png.c78c4dd2be2fb8415fc938e85e97b2ad.png

Edited by Kingfish95

@Kingfish95 Actually only half the pics loaded, after another forever of loading.

Maybe it's time for this, as it states in the rules =

In effort to keep large thread to a minimum both for performance reasons and to keep things easily searchable; topics with greater than 750 replies may be closed and archived at staff discretion. A duplicate post by the same original author will be put in it's place along with the last page replies from the closed thread. The larger archived thread will remain searchable and present.

As R-Lo has been absent for so long now.

Screenshot (169).png

Screenshot (165).png

1 hour ago, B10HAZARD. said:

@Kingfish95 Actually only half the pics loaded, after another forever of loading.

Maybe it's time for this, as it states in the rules =

In effort to keep large thread to a minimum both for performance reasons and to keep things easily searchable; topics with greater than 750 replies may be closed and archived at staff discretion. A duplicate post by the same original author will be put in it's place along with the last page replies from the closed thread. The larger archived thread will remain searchable and present.

As R-Lo has been absent for so long now.

Screenshot (169).png

Screenshot (165).png

Perhaps your computer/phone is on the fritz because I can view every photo in this thread, including my own and others that haven’t used spoilers, clearly after minimal waiting times. 

I have been a rule abiding poster of this forum for almost two years now. I don’t appreciate you singling me out for what may very well be an issue on your end. 

@Kingfish95 

There is nothing wrong with my PC or connection.

Other topics/threads load quicker than this.

I quoted you (singling you out) as you say, because you posted 10 pictures & the other member posted 11 - as i said in my post.

+ I never said you broke any LL rules, get your facts straight.

This thread has been unkept for a while now, R-Lo herself re-started this thread a long while ago (before you were even a member here) because of the same problem with the thread loading time. - It happens on here, that's why it's mentioned in the rules. - that's why i quoted it.

It would be better (Don't you think) if people posted (one) picture, then the rest in a spoiler. (that is what the spoiler tool is for).

It's not just me that thinks this, so - I think you are the one "Singling me out" as it were.

This took me ages "again" to wait for the thread to load before i could write this.

1 hour ago, B10HAZARD. said:

@Kingfish95 

I quoted you (singling you out) as you say, because you posted 10 pictures & the other member posted 11 - as i said in my post.

This thread has been unkept for a while now, R-Lo herself re-started this thread a long while ago (before you were even a member here) because of the same problem with the thread loading time. - It happens on here, that's why it's mentioned in the rules. - that's why i quoted it.

It would be better (Don't you think) if people posted (one) picture, then the rest in a spoiler. (that is what the spoiler tool is for).

It's not just me that thinks this, so - I think you are the one "Singling me out" as it were.

This took me ages "again" to wait for the thread to load before i could write this.

hello, I am the other party involved, you also quoted me out publicly.

I also don't have problems loading all the photos, the waiting time is very short, but I didn't know that there were other people who took a long time to load the images.

In any case, I didn't know that the rules say that the spoilers tool is for posting several images. Where can I read that one?
Anyway, knowing that there are people with connection problems, I will try to use it.

But kingfish95 is right, the way in which you publicly pointed out to us was not correct, since for me at least, it was the first time I heard that someone had problems loading the page and the first time I heard that the spoilers tool was for that.

but hey, I'll try to use it from now on, good day everyone.

At the end of the day it's just a bit of common courtesy. I'm unsure how much impact it actually has on load times, since anything in spoilers will still have to be loaded I'm pretty sure, same as everything outside. But putting at least most of your pictures in a spoiler tag makes any page of a photo thread much less cluttered and easier to navigate, like if you're looking for a specific post or something you won't have to scroll past dozens of images in every other post. 

Even if you have no problems on your own ends with loading, that aspect of making the thread easier to parse and navigate and less cluttered should be obvious to everyone as something desirable.

Another thing worth considering if you want want to post more than a single picture, which sometimes you might want to do (either you only have a couple in total or you might want to put up 2 or 3 to lead into the rest of a story you've put in the spoiler), is that you can resize any images into thumbnails. You do that by double clicking any image you stick into a post and selecting the dimensions you want it resized to. Somehow very few people on this site (this thread or otherwise) do this, but it's very good for tidyness, and I think actually does help load times, because the full picture is only loaded if you click on it. If you've got 5, 10 or 20 pictures there really is no reason why you gotta post them all in full size. 

image.png.63f245033ed99bb6f2be409f7339098d.png    image.png.47ab45086f5d86bc10d98124a36f1e9e.png

Edited by mrrakkonn
7 hours ago, B10HAZARD. said:

@Kingfish95 

Singling you out? I was responding to your initial post in which you tagged me. I'm not going to contribute to this further, so this is the last that I'll speak on this.  Every photo that is in the image that you screen captured on your previous post, I can view after 5 seconds, at most, of waiting - whether on my phone, laptop or desktop. I have no way of verifying the strength of your connection on your PC, so if you claim that other topics load quicker - I'll have to take your word for it. 

Aesthetically, if you prefer to view one photo with the rest of a set in the spoiler, that is your prerogative. Many posters upload as few as two photos without a spoiler.  Is that enough to contribute to a sudden shift in load time?

I have used the spoiler tool in previous posts and can use it more liberally for larger posts.  That is not an issue.  However,  I don't think that two posts, with 10 and 11 photos respectively, in a 4 year old thread, is enough to suddenly derail the loading time of the entire thread as I have not encountered any issues since the site was rebooted earlier this year. 

Hopefully, the exorbitant loading times that you experience will be alleviated at some point.  Happy Simming.

Edited by Kingfish95

@Kingfish95 

OK then, post away your gazillion crappy pictures.

I'm done with this thread, i will unfollow it.

Every other thread on here loads just fine for me btw "clever cloggs".

Also, it's not just me. notice other upvotes on my post tells you this - your reply not so much.

I've been following this thread since it started, but now i'm done. - have fun bye bye.

I've posted about people and their failure to use the spoilers while they post ten or twenty or however many pictures they want to. It affects the load times, for some users more than others. It's great that your load time is quick, mine isn't since I live in a rural area and don't have fancy internet like you. I still don't want to scroll through umpteen pictures that I may not want to look at. I personally have refrained from pointing out anyone by name, but go back aways here and on several other threads and you'll see that I have posted it with upvotes because others are tired of it. As @mrrakkonn pointed out, use a little common courtesy. 

?

I myself have excellent load time (meaning no loading really at all...  page opens with no issues.) 

However in an effort to be considerate to everyone when I post images here I will post only one perhaps 2 at most images outside the spoiler as to not affect other peoples loading of the pages. 

Just common courtesy, really not hard for everyone to do this... 

Load time isn't much of an issue for myself. However, I have to agree that the excessive full images is a bit way too much. Imo, if you have a lot of photos post one or two then either use the spoiler tags, resize them or link them externally. This isn't just an issue with this thread alone.

Edited by BadxKarma