HELP Better looking Skyrim on Low End PC

poblivion

Hi, I have a notebook with integrated Intel HD 4600 card. I wanted to use ENB but kill many FPS. I'm looking for some solution to improve the look and lose little FPS. I would like a more realistic look. Now I use a medium quality and a 1600x900 resolution, the game run about 35 FPS. I am willing to lose a maximum of 5 FPS. 
What solution do you propose ?

I assume that you can use some very light-weight (as well as old) ENB like Stakado Cinemascope.

Main downside of this approach is that it is not compatible with memory management function of ENB(oost) since ENB v.232.

You can also try some non-ENB visual/ weather overhaul like Purity (2018)     or Vivid Weather.

Both are known for their relative light-weight performance (I assume VM's default particle setting is a bit heavier than Purity).

Sure looking for appropriate light weight graphic enhancing mods might help but, Imma give you what actually made differences for me:

>DO THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdar8cIGd24

>tweaking memory papyrus settings (be very careful with this one read good guides https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/2gwvwl/guide_papyrus_ini_settings_and_why_you_shouldnt/)

>making sure the computer is on max performance settings, manually make it so if necessary

>making sure the graphics card settings are also on max performance

>make sure no system memory leak occurs

>Tweaking ENB settings. Set all qualities to low (they dont make big differences) and especially DoF quality to low. Most performance affecting settings that you can tweak in ENB

1. Brute Force (turn off)
  2. UseOriginalPostProcessing and UseOriginalObjectsProcessing (turn on)
  3. EnableAmbientOcclusion (turn off)
  4. EnableReflection (turn off)
  5. Anti aliasing (turn off)

13 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

ENBoost and Imaginator?

Sounds like an excellent start. I'd throw in some 1k texture replacers of choice as well for more pretty, and probably things like Vivid Weathers, pure waters, Enhanced lighting, etc, etc.

I'd steer clear of an active ENB on anything with performance issues. My own experience of just running ENBoost vs even lightweight ENB is dramatic - ENBoost is fairly fluid and stable and playable. Any ENB at all just brings everything to a halt. I don't have a low spec system, but between a script heavy build, lots of grass/fauna and a fairly high res monitor I have to watch the graphics load.

You can go for a lightweight ENB if you like, but for my money I would stick with ENBoost and then pile on your choice of graphics mods. Just watch out for too many things with 2k/4k textures!

Archived