Can you have different mods for different characters?

Monday

I've been modding skyrim for a few years now, and I'm still not the best at it, I really only know how to install mods and where to look to find files and such, never got deeper into it. I use mod organizer and I'm wondering if I could use unp on one save game for one character, then use cbbe on another character on a different save game. On the same hard drive, same game  installation, just with mod organizer, can I do this? As much as I love using unp, I want to try cbbe armors and such on another character without losing all the armor and the familiar body type on my main character. Thanks in advance for the help!

Certainly. All you need to do is create a second profile(which can be done by selecting the Profile option in the top right bar), which you can set up to use entirely different saves - by selecting the "Local Saves" option for the new profile. 

12 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Certainly. All you need to do is create a second profile(which can be done by selecting the Profile option in the top right bar), which you can set up to use entirely different saves - by selecting the "Local Saves" option for the new profile. 

So I create a new profile, then check the local savegames box and I'm good to start installing mods on that?

2 minutes ago, Monday said:

So I create a new profile, then check the local savegames box and I'm good to start installing mods on that?

Yes, but the mods all come from the same "pool", meaning that any mods you currently have installed in MO, can be used on different profiles. But any new mods you wish to install, will still be visible in MO to every profile you have, even though you only have it active on a single profile. 

21 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Yes, but the mods all come from the same "pool", meaning that any mods you currently have installed in MO, can be used on different profiles. But any new mods you wish to install, will still be visible in MO to every profile you have, even though you only have it active on a single profile. 

Thanks a lot!

Archived