UNP or CBBE?

(Also note: I don't now what UUNP is when I look at mod titles)

I always used CBBE but recently I've begun thinking about maybe switching over to UNP/UUNP. The skin textures look more realistic to me, but I do like the sort of "thick" appearances of the CBBE bodies. I was also wondering if things like HDT physics work on UUNP bodies.

Can anyone fill me in on how UNP works?

From what I can tell, yes HDT works on UNP/UUNP but I still stay away from it as for me, I have never gotten UNP/UUNP to work properly as far skin textures go. I always followed the install instructions but could never get it to work and the skin would always look dirty. I find CBBE a lot easier to work with.

Hope this helped :smiley:

1 hour ago, ZoneTanIsLove said:

(Also note: I don't now what UUNP is when I look at mod titles)

I always used CBBE but recently I've begun thinking about maybe switching over to UNP/UUNP. The skin textures look more realistic to me, but I do like the sort of "thick" appearances of the CBBE bodies. I was also wondering if things like HDT physics work on UUNP bodies.

Can anyone fill me in on how UNP works?

UUNP have collection of body presets like UUNP body UNP UNPB etc, and sliders are just like CBBE.

Yes HDT Physics works on UUNP, also collision in UUNP special

there are many UUNP presets that are very thick, in term of fat thick and muscular thick

But there are limited amount of armors and clothes that are converted to UUNP BodySlide

25 minutes ago, kboom said:

UUNP have collection of body presets like UUNP body UNP UNPB etc, and sliders are just like CBBE.

there are many UUNP presets that are very thick, in term of fat thick and muscular thick

But there are limited amount of armors and clothes that are converted to UUNP BodySlide

I'll try out fair skin complexion for CBBE and also see what else I can get out of CBBE in comparison to UUNP. Thanks for the info!

27 minutes ago, kboom said:

By the way... know any good strapons that work kind of like the dicks from SOS? I can't seem to find any nice strapon models...

If that's textures you're after you can change them while still using CBBE meshes. I'm using Leyenda's 3.5 version with CBBE without problems. It's essentially the shapes that will differ, CBBE having slighly more idealized shapes than UNP. But as you can customize the shapes to your liking, or choose among different presents, you can go towards realism with CBBE too (and probably towards idealized bodies with UNP as well). So the number of clothing mods (not always compatible with both bodies), the compatibility with mods/Physics, and the details of the bodies might be what would make one decide in the end.

s12.jpg?type=w2

57 minutes ago, ZoneTanIsLove said:

By the way... know any good strapons that work kind of like the dicks from SOS? I can't seem to find any nice strapon models...

only strapons I'm aware of and using myself are those

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/19260-skyrim-strap-ons/

you can disable those you dont like in the sexlab mcm after registring the mod.

As for choosing a body, just choose what you like more. UUNP and CBBE both use the same bodyslide, texture mods are nearly always available for both body types and armors are usually also available for both body types its pretty much like xbox vs ps in the end just choose what you prefer the amount of exclusives for either one is not even noteworthy.

What is noteworthy on the other hand is that UUNP has more poly's, hence the quality of shapes should get around better with it, but I honestly couldnt tell as both look pretty good anyway. I switched from cbbe to UUNP as I liked the UUNP butt shape more and there where a few skimpy armors that were not available for cbbe.

So as said look for a body preset you like if its UUNP take it if its cbbe take it, as skin texture mods are available for both and armors I would go as far as to say 90% of them are aswell for both, sometimes you need to search a bit more, but I used and use hundreds of armors and besides a handfull I ever found a version for both bodys.

1 hour ago, ZoneTanIsLove said:

i dont use much of strapons. The only strapons that i know is from Calyps Adult toys.

I have used both and would switch back an forth between them every so often as there are armors that are available for CBBE only and some that are UNP(B) only and at times I wanted to use a specific set. I have not used the UUNP body in bodyslide so I don't know if it uses the UNP or CBBE textures but either way you can't use an armor for one body type and have the other as the base body as the textures don't match up and there is a gap at the hips. Some armors it won't be noticeable but others it will be. Decide by what armors you want to use.

7 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

I have not used the UUNP body in bodyslide so I don't know if it uses the UNP or CBBE textures but either way you can't use an armor for one body type and have the other as the base body as the textures don't match up and there is a gap at the hips. Some armors it won't be noticeable but others it will be. Decide by what armors you want to use.

You can actually. But it takes you to convert the outfit to your body into Outfit Studio. It's quite a pain in the neck to do so though, but basically you're just realigning armor/clothes parts with your body and inflating/deflating other bits to fill-in the gaps just like you would do it when converting the meshes from a body preset to another. :classic_smile:

Just now, Tirloque said:

You can actually. But it takes you to convert the outfit to your body into Outfit Studio. It's quite a pain in the neck to do so though, but basically you're just realigning armor/clothes parts with your body and inflating/deflating other bits to fill-in the gaps just like you would do it when converting the meshes from a body preset to another. :classic_smile:

Whenever I try that they end up a mangled mess in the end as I have tremors in my hands. I have to stay away from the vertex edit options in ECE / Racemenu as well.

Archived