Conversion CBBE outfit to AB outfit

Hi all, recently in the fallout 4 nexus mod the autor "xxvvxx" realesed "FFXV Cindy Mashup Clothing" (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30791).

i tried to convert it from CBBE to AB but don't know exactly how do it...i followed step by step this discussion: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/76581-need-help-with-atomic-beauty-conversion/ but didn't go as i hoped.
There is a guide/video how to proceed and if there is what exactly programs i need?

I don't believe there are videos on converting specifically CBBE to AB.  However, there are a plethora of guides and videos on converting vanilla to CBBE - and this is going to use the same process.  You're just starting with a CBBE shape instead of the vanilla shape.

1. First thing you'll need is the Atomic Beauty Bodyslide references.  They are included in the base AB mod in the Tools folder, but don't load in to Outfit Studio (at least not for me ;))
  2. Next you'll need to make some adjustments to this outfit to convert it properly.  It's too high and too far backward.  Load up outfit with a CBBE reference to get the positioning correct first - then save off that NIF for use if you need to start over.
    1. BEFORE
      1. image.thumb.png.64b430ab2018d1896ca4a0feeaa5a24f.png
    2. Select everything but CBBE, right click and MOVE:  Z = -121, Y = 1 (X = Null)
      1. image.thumb.png.b4f193d39a3c78fc9346b90e05eb5293.png
  3. Now you can delete the CBBE reference as you won't need it, and the outfit is in the correct position
  4. Load the Atomic Beauty Conversion reference:  CBBEtoAtomicB
    1. File>Load Reference>Browse (go find:  ..Fallout 4\Data\Tools\BodySlide\ConversionSets\AtomicBReferences.osp and select it).  In the dialogue, select "CBBEtoAtomicB"
    2. image.png.979c395972a70db426ee1f530b02f457.png
  5. From here, it's the normal converting of an outfit from any body to any other body.  Go to Slider> Conform All
  6.  Slide the CBBEtoAtomicB slider to 100% and go to Slider>Set Base Shape
  7. Delete the AtomicBeauty conversion reference
  8. Load the AtomicBeauty Body reference (with body sliders)
    1. File>Load Reference>Browse (go find:  ..Fallout 4\Data\Tools\BodySlide\SliderSets\AtomicB - Bodies.osp and select it).  In the dialogue, select "AtomicBeauty"
    2. image.png.6a2aa0e7988bb66039c3c1f0b7d44dfb.png
  9. The outfit should now look like this:
    1. image.thumb.png.ab28925fea9bcc02581f1ead55cf65f2.png
    2. There are two bodies in the outfit now, in this case GameBody and AtomicBeauty.  I would recommend getting rid of GameBody and keeping AtomicBeauty, but it would be faster/easier to keep GameBody.  Whichever you choose - these next steps apply as well. 
    3. Note, the GameBody that was included in this outfit (and the outfit in general) are slightly larger in shape than the base CBBE body.  Any conversions would need to account for this - it may save you hours of work, to just keep the GameBody here.
  10. Fix any clipping that you see in the outfit BEFORE moving on to conforming sliders to AB
    1. This outfit converted mostly well enough, there is some clipping of the bikini through the jacket, and the legs are clipping through the backs of the boots.  There is minor clipping elsewhere as well.
  11. Conform the sliders to AB:  Silder>Conform All
  12. Not required (but I like to include it) remove any sections of the body that will be included in the game that are covered by clothing.  Not sure if this mod allows the player to remove pieces of the outfit, but if it does not - it's faster to cut away sections of the body that are covered up - and ultimately produces a better result.
    1. Use the masking tools and Delete Vertices option here on the GameBody.
    2. Green highlighted sections can be cut away to eliminate clipping.  Can also do the save on the pelivis
      1. image.thumb.png.53a7ffd79fc2e9f9893374d91c2232c3.png
  13. Fix clipping with the sliders maxed out.  This is a process.  The longer you spend here, the better the final result will be.  You can use combinations of sliders as well.
  14. When sliders are adjust and clipping is eliminated you are ready to copy weights and export
    1. Select all the pieces of the outfit that are not the reference body, right click and select "copy bone weights"
    2. Generally the settings that are presented in the copy bone weight dialogue are ok.  If you are get warnings about unweighted vertices when saving, repeat this step but increase the search radius.
  15. Test exporting the NIF before you save the project and delete the AtomicBeauty reference. 
    1. In this case, OS will complain about no weights on the gloves.  Fix that by....
      1. File Import>From Nif...  Browse to:  ..\Fallout 4\Data\Meshes\actors\character\characterassets\FemaleHands.nif and select it) or wherever your Atomic Beauty hands are
      2. Right click on the imported hands and Set Reference
      3. Right click on the Gloves and "Copy bone weights"
      4. Test export to the Nif to desktop (you should get no warnings about weighting)
  16. To final clean up.... delete the Atomic Beauty and Hands references that were imported.  They will not be part of the game model
    1. Final should look like this:
      1. image.thumb.png.8802d4bc7076e732a130a52cd2fe5bf6.png
  17. Export the project:
    1. File Save Project As with these settings to replace the outfit in game:
      1. image.png.f622e18128f7478f3b0715f788e75bac.png
  18. Now MOVE the outfit back to the original position:  select all the pieces and right click and MOVE:  z=121, y=-1, X=Null
  19. You're all done!  Go to bodyslide, select your new outfit, load up your preset and export it to the game

To remove/reset all the bones....  (this was only needed due to how this outfit was originally set up)

1. Open the outfit's project nif from the Tools folder as an outfit (not as a project)
  2. Select all of the pieces of the oitfit, then move to the Bones tab
  3. Select all the bones, right click and delete from Selected Shapes.  Right click again, and Delete from Project
  4. Load Reference on the AB reference body again (above paths)
  5. Copy the weights from the AB reference to all of the outfit pieces (search radius of 7 works well here)
  6. Import the AB hands again (above paths)
  7. Set reference on the AB Hands
  8. Copy bone weights from the AB hands to the Gloves
  9. Delete both the AB body and AB Hands
  10. Save and overwrite the project nif
  11. Back to Bodyslide and reslide it for you game.

DONE!  For realz this time ;)  Here it is from in-game with AB body:

ScreenShot23.png

And upon further inspection.... there is a ridiculous neck gap - no doubt from moving the outfit around... way back in the original step 9.2 and 9.3 - talking about if you should keep the GameBody or not... to remove the neck gap you COULD alter the gamebody such that it fits - but in this case it would easier to keep the AB body and remove the gamebody.  This will mean some additional time in OS to make the outfit FIT the AB body though.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Lulu-And-Pixie said:

Last question:

with this method i can't modify the AB body (yeah, i don't want use the body of the cindy outfit) with my bodyslide preset (such as every AB outfit in the skyrim nexus), the method is different or something went wrong?

When you say you can't modify the body, do you mean there aren't sliders for things like muscles, breasts, butt, legs, etc.?  Or do you mean earlier in the process when then AB body is slightly smaller than the outfit itself?  It's generally not recommended to alter the body itself - though it's certainly possible and totally fine from a game standpoint.  It's more about mod releases.  Users expect that the bodies when using bodyslide will all start from the same base shape.  So their slider presets look the same in any outfit.  If we alter the base shape, then their slider preferences won't look quite the same.

If I was going to release this publicly, I  would personally alter the outfit to have it fit the AB body.  Much cleaner results.

It's not an issue.... just more of a preference of the community.

There are 2 references needed to get to the Atomic Beauty shape:

1. Conversion reference - from CBBE to AB <-- this one reshapes the outfit from CBBE to AB, and has only a single slider

2. Atomic Beauty reference <-- this one has all the AB sliders built in.  Above, step 8 is loading the AB reference (you should see all the sliders in the bottom right panel). And step 11 is conforming the outfit to the sliders after the initial round of clipping fixes.  The conform to sliders command is what makes the outfit pieces respond to the sliders. 

Simple as that ;)

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, Liberator said:

any quick step to just add physics...?

When you say physics, I assume you mean breast jiggles?  Sure, outside of the conversion to AB (from any body) adding physics is s relatively straight-forward process.  To do this you'll need a source body that already has physics and Outfit Studio.  Here is a quick video on the subject, the body type used in this process is irrelevant to the steps, so long as the source body has physics on it already. 

Essentially - you'll be taking the non-physics version of the outfit and copying the weights from the physics body to it.  Mileage can vary here as Outfit Studio uses math and a bit of guess work when applying body weights to an outfit.  However, results are generally very good - but some manual adjustment/weight painting may be required for certain outfits.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/videos/4161

Archived