HDT-SMP Tutorial?

renthal721

Hi everyone,

First, I've gotta say that I'm really thankful to everyone for all of the help and support that goes around. Thank you everyone!

I'm relatively new to modding Skyrim (and skyrim in general) and I am very interested in enhancing my game with some HDT-SMP physics. The only problem is that I'm not always able to jump on here and keep checking through forums all the time (my job keeps me busy). So sometimes I lose my place in long threads of explanations and conversations and don't always have time to sift through them again (I suppose I could use bookmarks more...)

Would anyone be willing to post a sticky with a tutorial explaining everything that is needed to get HDT-SMP up and running?

I've already downloaded the HDT-SMP framework and physics (not installed yet) as well as the XPSME skeleton and CBP physics - so I'm not a total noob. I'm familiar with the basic functions of Xedit, Wyrebash, Merge Plugins, Mod Organizer 2, FNIS, and LOOT. I'm currently working on figuring out bodyslides and I use UNP (I always thought bodyslides was only for CBBE - always still learning).

I suppose that I specifically want to know how to get physics for schlongs and vaginas working as well as hairs and equipment. I'm guessing that CBP will be redundant once HDT-SMP is working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure others here would benefit from this as well.

Sorry if this post is redundant and if a well laid out explanation of HDT-SMP has already been posted

Thanks everyone!

I think you meant this post of yours for UUNP HDT:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/94228-sse-conversion-tracking-mar-23-rev-15/?do=findComment&comment=2186660

and this for schlong:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/95031-schlongs-of-skyrim-se/?do=findComment&comment=2186106

Do we have a known working setup for COSIOHD? I'm looking for that currently.

We need a new pinned topic for known working setup for newbies or people that don't have the time to look over dozens of pages of separated topics.

we do have one literally sticky'd in the dl section, and if your response is "do I have to read that" the answer is yes. You have to read that, all of it. Because the next question you ask and probably the next 30 after that have been answered definitively.

SMP performs differently on EVERY system based directly and entirely on your system specs, so there is no "just like that video/gif/the FBI is knocking on my door (you think I'm kidding and I'm not)" SMP build.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/86382-hdtskinnedmeshphysics-explainedlatest-binarys/

3 hours ago, 27X said:

we do have one literally sticky'd in the dl section, and if your response is "do I have to read that" the answer is yes. You have to read that, all of it. Because the next question you ask and probably the next 30 after that have been answered definitively.

SMP performs differently on EVERY system based directly and entirely on your system specs, so there is no "just like that video/gif/the FBI is knocking on my door (you think I'm kidding and I'm not)" SMP build.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/86382-hdtskinnedmeshphysics-explainedlatest-binarys/

Well maybe you didn't realize, but renthal721 is asking guideness for HDT-SMP in SSE and pinned topic is made for LE in mind and just explaining the working process of the xmls.

It doesn't have known working setups, like you download this from here and that from there AND THEN you modify the xmls because like you said every system is different. But before that part, one should be able to actually have the working setup, you know that works for someone else at least.

The links I gave will be more useful to him(although not enough) than that pinned topic link you posted I guarantee you.

• 9 months later...
10 hours ago, BlackBoxFun said:

I found a referance of this guide here:

It's far easier to have some nice people do the chinese stuff for you .-D

The nice chinese PERSON quite literally stole everything from here and one other site. COJ is the only person that did work on his own, and most of his work is actually already featured here.

• 4 months later...

Archived