[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Dollarsmy (Submod)

On 7/20/2018 at 1:29 AM, Amarantha said:

Yes it's normal.

If you'd bothered to actually read this thread (or at least the last few replies) before posting, you'd have seen a number of people complaining about the same subject and being given the same answer.

Which since I'm nice and all, I'm gonna give you:

Either go to this post and follow the instructions to recreate the file on your own.

Or if you're too lazy to do that, head here and download the attachment.

Thank you

48 minutes ago, jon6 said:

i cant find the Dark World Dollarsmy.mod theres just the Dark World Dollarsmy file static_portraits

look directly above your comment, 2-3 whole pages of comments are people asking where is .mod and people answering that infinitely asked question.
One thing to say READ THE COMMENTS!! Common people, its not that hard, just one scrollup or click, you can do it, I believe in you!!!!

On 9/11/2018 at 5:23 AM, LeiPuGuai said:

how is it possible that someone said they have play this mod while in the zip file there is no .mod file inside?

The mod file was originally there in a different release. So I was able to play it however after coming back to CK2 and reloading a ton of mods making sure they are up to date this new release doesn't have the .mod file but thanks to someone kindly posting it from before we're able to play again. Lol

On 9/22/2018 at 3:11 PM, Critter101 said:

Will this mod be updated at any point? Just wondering if it's still active.

Still active however you need to check page 2, and 3 on this thread you can find a .mod file there in order to play this mod again or follow simple instructions creating a new one. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2018 at 8:06 AM, dollarsmy said:

Installation:

Second, put the document called ''static_portraits'' into the Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\Dark World Reborn\gfx  and replace it

This makes DW Dollarsmy incompatible with other DW-mods. After doing this i have some black characterportraits with white numbers. Is there a way to just add your content instead to replace other? I want to play with as much DW-submods as possible. ;)

1 hour ago, DarkAllinor said:

This makes DW Dollarsmy incompatible with other DW-mods. After doing this i have some black characterportraits with white numbers. Is there a way to just add your content instead to replace other? I want to play with as much DW-submods as possible. ;)

The only notable file worth replacing is remedy_portrait_swapping25.dds, but considering that there are actually no portrait .gfx files to call on these, it's not that useful. Feel free to ignore that bit of instruction.

3 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

The only notable file worth replacing is remedy_portrait_swapping25.dds, but considering that there are actually no portrait .gfx files to call on these, it's not that useful. Feel free to ignore that bit of instruction.

We could probably incorporate his portraits into the ones in DWReborn/DWTweaks. I had some of my own that I originally used as overwrites, but I got Dewguru to add into the core files. I know that was the case for the Mercenary Commander as well. I can help set it up, too, if you like.

So after playing a few rounds with this mod here is so feedback for it.

the post battle events fire after every battle for a male character.

to vampire stuff seems kinda hit or miss most of the time like in my latest game i tried seduction 20+ times and it didn't work once just left me with a large number of rivals for some reason.

some of the court events fire way to often for a female specifically I only ever got the blast spend 25 gold knock off blood moon festival. in general it feels like the female rulers get significantly less content.

also some events end up taking off 20 or 30 piety at a pop and you wont realize the full cost till after its over and one of the events is effectively forced which can really hurt a feudal vampires advancement speed if they fight a lot of battles.

these are just things i notice if they are working as intended then just ignore what I have said.

i like the post battle events after every battle because even in war i don't have one battle right after the next.

i have something i would like to see added. when teaching your daughters or sons about sex, there should be a chance that they liked it a lot and became lustful or hedonist and also get this good-sex bonus like the parent. and maybe they start an affair after their erotic adventure - openly in the character screen or secretly via recurring events. there should be much more incest... :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/10/2019 at 5:02 AM, AGJeffrey said:

the .mod file is missing in the zip, or is this just me?

Well, I wonder if anyone else asked about this issue, maybe about half of the replies in the thread are about it.  Maybe if you looked near the top of the page your post is on you could find a solution, but that would require a minimum amount of effort.

Sarcasm aside, not having the .mod file included is annoying (for multiple reasons), no matter how easy it is to find / make.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Is it possible to lower the chance of post battle event? Have every battle is a bit too much, and I gains way to much piety from saying no all the time xD I tried playing with "DWD_Battle".

immediate = {
        random_list = {
        20 = { narrative_event = { id = DWDBattle.2 } }
        20 = { narrative_event = { id = DWDBattle.6 } }
        20 = { narrative_event = { id = DWDBattle.10 } }
        }
    }

It seem I can only turn on and off certain events, but can't lower the chance of it firing.

On 6/8/2020 at 11:33 AM, noobshi said:

It seem I can only turn on and off certain events, but can't lower the chance of it firing.

Just put an empty bracket in there like this:

random_list = {
    140 = { }
}

Now it should fire 30% of the time for example.

On 6/10/2020 at 3:59 PM, bunt776 said:

Just put an empty bracket in there like this:

random_list = {
    140 = { }
}

Now it should fire 30% of the time for example.

Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, why does 140 = { } make it 30%?

• 2 years later...