• 2 weeks later...

So I attempted converting HCOS 1.26 to SSE using CAO as you suggested, and had moderate success. For context, I was running HCOS 1.20 and Horny Dragons v3 (and compatible versions of all the supporting mods) successfully beforehand. I have also tried re-registering through CF.

Specifically, most of the new dragon meshes work (normal dragons, parth, and Oda) but both versions of alduin and the summonable herm werewolves show up as the big Red ! Triangle. Since the other new meshes work, I assume a file path or name changed somewhere but am unsure. It also looks like the custom textures for Parth and Oda have vanished from the original LE mod. I have not tried the new animations, but slal seemed happy registering them.

Any thoughts? I really want to see those wonderful meshes on alduin!

Also great f***ing job on these mods!

3 hours ago, NotARobotEither said:

alduin

don't know what would do that, his mesh should be in there....maybe it did not port correctly?

3 hours ago, NotARobotEither said:

and the summonable herm werewolves

you may need to update MNC (also the HCOS hermwolfplayer patch if you have it), there was some file path changes a few versions ago to remove redundant werewolf meshes between MNC & HCOS.

....also you may need to hit the reload button in CF as well because there was some json edits around the same time.

After a bit more snooping (nifscan), it appears that CAO did not correctly port a good number of meshes including those for alduin (and a slew of other errors I could not interpret). Considering that all the animations (and many of the meshes) ported correctly though, I am not sure what exactly caused that. Looks like the single button solution is out...

I will try porting the meshes separately using nifOptimizer and also update MNC. Thanks!

Success! I have new meshes and functional animations. I checked all the dragons, the herm werewolves, and also ran goat on goat to make sure it imported the new animations correctly.

The complete process is as follows (at least until pfiffy returns):

1)Download HCOS 1.26, Cathedral Asset Optimizer, and Nif Optimizer.

2) run CAO on the entire HCOS folder with default settings for everything.

3) drag nif optimizer into the meshes folder and run it on everything (make sure the 'head parts' box is unchecked)

(Optional) run nifscan on that directory and make sure you don't have any errors.

4) rezip and install (I used vortex)

Technically you shouldn't let CAO screw up the meshes first before running nifoptimizer, but that is what I did and it worked so... consistency!

Also can I just say, the new dragon meshes with the unbirth anims in VR... absolute magic. I also find it funny that alduin, hellspawn of the afterlife, is the only dragoness with her bits in bright pink.

Again, great work on the mods and thanks for the help!

50 minutes ago, Godfrey777 said:

but is there a way to change my title screen to something else

yes, the "HCOS_ModCompatibilityKit&Extras.7z" on the LE page has alternatives.

but you will need to use Cathedral Assets Optimizer to convert whatever replacement mesh you want to SE.

On 5/12/2021 at 3:41 AM, jpeters said:

i´m having a problem of t posing with this mod even with all pre requisites meet

Two of the most reason for that issue:

1. You use Skyrim SE and install this version for LE instead of the one for SE

2. You dont run FNIS after that.

On 4/19/2021 at 7:23 PM, MadMansGun said:

it's listed in the se version's front page.

Sorry for the very late reply, LoversLab wouldn't work for me the past month but I couldn't get it working unfortunately, but I don't really care anymore. 

But I recently downloaded your SexLab Dragons mod (And I love it, glad you actually made it so they speak rather than be silent) I couldn't figure out how to comment this on the mod's actual page (I still suck at LoversLab) I'm just after defeating Alduin in Sovengarde and I'm just wandering how does Odahviing work as a companion? Does he follow you on foot or does he fly after you, and how does he work when you enter buildings or cities? Doe he just automatically wait outside? Also how do the interactions between him and Paarthurnax work? Do they have them when you tell him to wait at the peak or when you tell him it's time to part ways? I don't remember if all this is explained on the mod page which is why I asked you. 

16 hours ago, PhoenixFlyer324 said:

Does he follow you on foot or does he fly after you,

flys, and a landing spell is added to your inventory.

and how does he work when you enter buildings or cities? Doe he just automatically wait outside?

yes.

Also how do the interactions between him and Paarthurnax work?

not vary well:

but the game settings need to be changed for there to be any chance of them playing (but even then they are a bit buggy)
iAISocialDistanceToTriggerEvent 3000 and fAISocialRadiusToTriggerConversation 3000
i don't know how to fix this yet either.

Do they have them when you tell him to wait at the peak or when you tell him it's time to part ways?

no, only when he is not a active follower.

On 5/19/2021 at 5:16 PM, MadMansGun said:

flys, and a landing spell is added to your inventory.

yes.

not vary well:

no, only when he is not a active follower.

You mentioned a landing spell but I don't have it, it's not in my spells and there's no item I see that gives me it. Am I supposed to do something? Is there a command that gives me the spell? 

32 minutes ago, PhoenixFlyer324 said:

You mentioned a landing spell but I don't have it, it's not in my spells and there's no item I see that gives me it. Am I supposed to do something? Is there a command that gives me the spell? 

it shows up under "powers" when he is following you.

31 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

it shows up under "powers" when he is following you.

I checked and it's not there. But I do remember that I told him to wait at the peak of Throat Of The World, but then when I was in a fight a couple of in game days later and he teleported to me, so I think the game isn't registering him as following me even though he is. Will Dragonrend do anything if I use it on him? Like will he turn hostile or not? 

I'm having a very serious, but very easily resolved issue: I don't know what the hell this mod does, and can't find info on it anywhere. Like a shocking number of other mods, the mod page is a wall of change logs and troubleshooting that never at any point gets to the part where it says what the fuck it even does or why I should want it. Perusing the support topic and the mod author's own development topic reveals nothing.

Is this a collection of anim packs? does it add sex-related spells or powers to provide some functionality the required mods don't? Why do so many mod authors slave away for god knows how many hours making something they clearly want to be publicly released (with change logs and all that), then completely fail to give so much as a single fucking sentence telling potential new supporters what it even is?

7 hours ago, herrzog said:

My horse animations don't work.  Character stands in the middle of their model, sound effects play, but the animation doesn't activate.

see steps 5,6,7 & 8.

So, I'm still very new to this, and this is making me feel foolish, but... I can't seem to get HCOS's Dragon Sexual Sacrifice to play? I've got everything else working, and I can get other dragon threesomes, but even disabling all other dragon animations doesn't make it come up when I cast my matchmaking spells? 

1 hour ago, OlStoneEars said:

So, I'm still very new to this, and this is making me feel foolish, but... I can't seem to get HCOS's Dragon Sexual Sacrifice to play? I've got everything else working, and I can get other dragon threesomes, but even disabling all other dragon animations doesn't make it come up when I cast my matchmaking spells? 

first make sure "Match Creature Gender" is off in sexlab's MCM settings to make sure that's not effecting it.

when using matchmaker (not massmatchmaker) make sure you hit the humans first before the dragon:

actor1= the one in mouth. (should be female)

actor2= the one not in mouth. (should be male but can also be female*)

actor3= the dragon. (should be a male dragon but it can also be female*)

* Match Creature Gender needs to be off for females to be in these actor slots)

also make sure that the animation actually is registered in SLAL, it has a nasty habit of making you think it is when it's not.

...and DON'T try to use matchmaker on a flying dragon, sexlab will auto abort on dragons that start flying.

Much obliged. Although it didn't directly solve it, this advice did lead me to resetting the animations in general, and the next one happened to be the sexual sacrifice, so my guess is that by turning the other vore animations off (the logic being it picks at random, so this way will make sure it comes up), it broke some sort of "dependency" that the animation needed.