[WIP] Break Undies Framework

JosefGrey

ya I can't stand papyrus really, try to do stuff within CK and it is annoying as hell. I am so used to Unity3D's programming system and to a lesser extent Unreal.

You seen the Unreal 4 demo? They basically make programming in Unreal so much less of a hassle.

edit: maybe you could actually change what Rested does instead of having the game check if the player has that buff.

ya I can't stand papyrus really' date=' try to do stuff within CK and it is annoying as hell. I am so used to Unity3D's programming system and to a lesser extent Unreal.

You seen the Unreal 4 demo? They basically make programming in Unreal so much less of a hassle.

edit: maybe you could actually change what Rested does instead of having the game check if the player has that buff.

[/quote']

Good call on the rested thing! I could attach a script to the magic effect itself. I'm still not sure if NPCs gain the rested effect though... I couldn't find any console commands to get a list of active effects either ~_~, so I may have to script something just to see. This is in my opinion the way that makes the most sense for at least NPCs that aren't your followers to repair their armor.

I really want to try out the UDK when I have time. If I was going to do any serious standalone project I'm pretty sure that's what I'd use.

Nice mod' date=' I only worry if I ever get into Skyrim enough to do Prenancy we don't have to then do 4 Pregnancy stages of each of the 8 stages of damage for each major body type with 3 or 4 stages of Breast sizing :)

[/quote']

Well, there's some options for you. First, these will all be Bodyslide compatible. Also, there's a body swapper built in that can trigger a change in body based on what damage stage a specific armor set is at. It does it via keyword, so all you have to do is load all the bodies you want in the property array and the specify via keyword which armor stage you want to change bodies on. I'm using it for these armor sets simply to remove BBP from heavy armor sets that wouldn't "jiggle" until its broken enough to allow BBP animations without clipping.

In fact, you could probably use this framework for what you're trying to do. That is after all, the point --- to provide a 'dynamic armor' framework. The BU thing is a single use for it.

You could put a timer based function on the armor that isn't owned by Player Character or their followers.

Repair the armor every 2-3 in game days or something. Or if you want it to be more dynamic' date=' make it random between 48-96 in game hours.

[/quote']

Yeah, I may just go on and do that to save the trouble.

So, I made some scripts for the repair hammer stuff... I'm also pretty positive I can implement the proximity to the forge thing after reading up on it, but these scripts don't include it yet. I'm not at home so I haven't been able to test 'em.

Here's the draft for the repair hammer script:

ScriptName aaDAFBURepairHammer ObjectReference extends Form

MiscObject Property RepairTriggerBasic Auto

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)

akActionRef.additem(RepairTriggerBasic)
; test this... remove item after a second after repair triggered
; utility.wait(1.0)
; akActionRef.removeitem(RepairTriggerBasic)

EndEvent

Event OnContainerChanged(ObjectReference akNewContainer, ObjectReference akOldContainer)

if (akNewContainer.IsPlayerTeammate())
Activate(akNewContainer)
endif

EndEvent

Basically, when used, the repair hammer will add a trigger object to the user's inventory. This trigger object will trigger an event IN the armor script, allowing it to use its durability property to figure out which durability token it needs to replenish, and then do so. This also gives access to the toughness property, so the calculation of how much durability to repair can be taken into account.

When the repair hammer is given to a follower, it should detect that the actor it was given to is a follower and use itself.

Here's the extension to the armor script (without the guts) to show the other side of what is going on:

MiscObject Property RepairTriggerBasic Auto

Event OnItemAdded(Form akBaseItem, int aiItemCount, ObjectReference akItemReference, ObjectReference akSourceContainer)

if (akBaseItem == RepairTriggerBasic) 
	; Repair code goes here
	debug.messagebox("REPAIR TRIGGERED")
endif

endEvent

I'm pretty sure that I want to add an Armorer perk to the base of the Smithing tree. Each rank of it would allow for better repair hammers to be crafted. This is sort of so I can get some experience with editing perks, but would be a nice nod to OB.

Anyways, hopefully what I have so far works... going to test it later tonight.

I don't know but I wouldn't want to interfere with something so many other mods interfere with. If anything I would add a whole other skill tree that mimics the smithing level so it is an add-on opposed to altering something.

Oh, thought you knew something I didn't lol. Adding a perk should act like adding an item. Other .esp files shouldn't see it or be altered by it. I'll investigate more to make sure. Unfortunately there's no way to add a new skill tree.

I'll consider some stuff.

I don't know but I wouldn't want to interfere with something so many other mods interfere with. If anything I would add a whole other skill tree that mimics the smithing level so it is an add-on opposed to altering something.

Oh' date=' thought you knew something I didn't lol. Adding a perk should act like adding an item. Other .esp files shouldn't see it or be altered by it. I'll investigate more to make sure. Unfortunately there's no way to add a new skill tree.

I'll consider some stuff.

[/quote']

It might be too much trouble to add perks for those hammers. It might be better (read: easier) to just add different recipes that require better materials. If you wanted to risk modifying other perks, you could add the recipes under existing smithing perks, but I would suggest that you just make the recipes available to anyone who can get the materials. Adding new perks (even if it was easy) would require people to spend some of their precious perk points (multiple, if it had levels) on a very specific set of things that the game wasn't balanced for.

Of course, you can do whatever you like, but my suggestion is: just have the recipes added. Simple. (Unless adding recipes conflicts with other added recipes... I don't think it does though)

1) tie the effectiveness of the hammers straight to the smithing skill.

as a follow up to this point: How many times have you played the game where you didn't wind up with > 50 smithing (or alch or ench)? I've played thru like 3 times and even with a mage and rogue sniper-type i wound up with 100 smithing.

1a) how about need a smithing bench (armor making table) to use the hammer. If they have the right hammer in the inv, then show appropriate repair options in the list.

"Leather Armor"

"Repair Leather Armor (43%)"

Desc: "Currently 43% effective. Can be repaired to X%"

2) every npc that matters (except followers) has a day/night cycle. at the end of their night cycle, whatever it is, set the armor value. On day 1 set it to Current + half the difference from full. On day 2 set it to 100%. Or, you might just go ahead and set it to 100% at the end of the first night cycle.

Might should figure something out for followers. It's already a pita to MAKE armor for them, i don't want to have to be repairing it all the time, too. thanks to the fucked up "equipped items have a refid" you might be able to detect their equipped armor when you step up to the table, and just present it in the repair list

"Repair Lydia's Leather Armor (14%)"

3) You might consider: i'd said something earlier about detecting how many forge pieces were in proximity and adjusting the effectiveness of repair accordingly.

[edit] TBPH i think the perk system is well balanced. Adding perks without perk points is just asking for it, imo. that's why i suggested tying it directly to the skill.

1) tie the effectiveness of the hammers straight to the smithing skill.

as a follow up to this point: How many times have you played the game where you didn't wind up with > 50 smithing (or alch or ench)? I've played thru like 3 times and even with a mage and rogue sniper-type i wound up with 100 smithing.

1a) how about need a smithing bench (armor making table) to use the hammer. If they have the right hammer in the inv' date=' then show appropriate repair options in the list.

"Leather Armor"

"Repair Leather Armor (43%)"

Desc: "Currently 43% effective. Can be repaired to X%"

2) every npc that matters (except followers) has a day/night cycle. at the end of their night cycle, whatever it is, set the armor value. On day 1 set it to Current + half the difference from full. On day 2 set it to 100%. Or, you might just go ahead and set it to 100% at the end of the first night cycle.

Might should figure something out for followers. It's already a pita to MAKE armor for them, i don't want to have to be repairing it all the time, too. thanks to the fucked up "equipped items have a refid" you might be able to detect their equipped armor when you step up to the table, and just present it in the repair list

"Repair Lydia's Leather Armor (14%)"

3) You might consider: i'd said something earlier about detecting how many forge pieces were in proximity and adjusting the effectiveness of repair accordingly.

[edit'] TBPH i think the perk system is well balanced. Adding perks without perk points is just asking for it, imo. that's why i suggested tying it directly to the skill.

That's a good point -- there are a limited number of perk points.

Bringing up the forge/crafting table makes me think of something though.

After realizing how I've done my script for the repair hammer (the fact that it sends a trigger object into the inventory to cause the armor to "repair itself"), either doing it at a forge OR at a blacksmith NPC would be plausible for the player. This is basically the workaround for the "magic effects don't work on equipped items blahblahblah" problem from earlier. While it might say "Repair Equipped Armor", you'd effectively be crafting/buying a trigger object that would cause the armor to "repair itself". Like I mentioned above, the calculations *have* to be done in the armor script (which is on the equipped armor) for it to have the necessary values to perform the repair operation.

I also think this idea would be less of a hassle and more intuitive than having to buy/make a shit ton of hammers (BUT, this option is still viable as a supplemental way to repair, and the smithing skill could be tied to their effectiveness). With this in mind, I'm thinking doing repairs at a blacksmith would be more appropriate since that way I can make the armor script prompt you for an amount of gold to repair your armor based on the output of its calculations. At a forge you'd need materials up front, meaning what armor you're wearing wouldn't affect the repair cost/materials (without some heavy scripting).

The problem is there's not a good way to make this work for followers, because the item you craft or buy will always go into your inventory.

If you guys think having to manually repair armor for followers would just get annoying and cumbersome, that's something I could definitely automate, as it would solve the above problem as well.

Soooo, to summarize, what I'm proposing is you can go to a blacksmith, click a conversation topic that says "Repair equipped armor". A menu box will pop up with the price to repair your armor. If you click yes, the script will remove the amount of gold from your inventory and repair the armor. If you click no, nothing happens. This is originally what I had planned before, but doing it with a spell didn't work out. I can add repair hammers in later too, since it'd be pretty easy I think (they'd use a lot of the same code as the blacksmith repair). I'd just scratch the proximity to the forge idea and make them less effective.

may as well do "proximity to forge AND npc with smith skill". then if you're "proximity to forge NOT npc with smith skill" you can do something else. all smiths are in prox to some modicum of forging facilities.

dunno if this saves anything over an extra condition for the forge.

You were asking about the UI in your first post, so did you see this by chance: SkyUI Hud Widget Framework?

The SkyUI team is working on a framework we could use from Papyrus to add widgets on the hud (not in the menus, though). Modular and no need to mess up with ActionFlash or to replace the standard menus.

Aside of that, your project is one of the most interesting ones and the pictures are really... enticing. :D

You were asking about the UI in your first post' date=' so did you see this by chance: SkyUI Hud Widget Framework?

The SkyUI team is working on a framework we could use from Papyrus to add widgets on the hud (not in the menus, though). Modular and no need to mess up with ActionFlash or to replace the standard menus.

Aside of that, your project is one of the most interesting ones and the pictures are really... enticing. :D

Oh awesome. I'll take a look at that today. Thanks for the heads up :D

Shorts' date=' just converted to CBBE. Thanks to Petrovich for making the asset free to use.

I'd like to add some buckles / etc to the mesh for some sets, but re-UV mapping it would be a pain. Hmmmm.

[/quote']

add belts/buckles as an additional object with it's own discreet uv map. not a common thing, but certainly been done before.

after exporting, in nifskope you'll have an additional nitrishape to 'fix'

Shorts' date=' just converted to CBBE. Thanks to Petrovich for making the asset free to use.

I'd like to add some buckles / etc to the mesh for some sets, but re-UV mapping it would be a pain. Hmmmm.

[/quote']

add belts/buckles as an additional object with it's own discreet uv map. not a common thing, but certainly been done before.

Yeah, but for what I'm thinking I'd like to tear into the mesh a bit. We'll see :X.

Sorry. I'm a little bit confused with the meaning of "cbbe bbp"

The body that is required for this mod is the CHSBHC?

Becouse I'm actually using the cbbe v3. But the game crashes when I try to equip the amiella's outfit.

I apologize for my english.

I think you'll need to use a BBP enabled skeleton. You can use CBBE v3, but if you don't have a skeleton that has breast bones the game probably will crash (haven't tried it).

EDIT: On another note -- I have the armor damage enchants on the sets now. I decided to scale it so that once the armor is broken halfway begins to lose armor rating. I thought it'd be kinda silly to start losing it immediately.

[/quote']

Yeah, but for what I'm thinking I'd like to tear into the mesh a bit. We'll see :X.

Sorry. I'm a little bit confused with the meaning of "cbbe bbp"

The body that is required for this mod is the CHSBHC?

Becouse I'm actually using the cbbe v3. But the game crashes when I try to equip the amiella's outfit.

I apologize for my english.

I think you'll need to use a BBP enabled skeleton. You can use CBBE v3' date=' but if you don't have a skeleton that has breast bones the game probably will crash (haven't tried it).

EDIT: On another note -- I have the armor damage enchants on the sets now. I decided to scale it so that once the armor is broken halfway begins to lose armor rating. I thought it'd be kinda silly to start losing it immediately.

[/quote']

I don't think it's silly at all. half destroyed (51%) is just as good as fully repaired (100%)? speakin of silly (= i'd never fix my armor more than 50% + whatever i thought i needed to survive 1 adventure.

you're basically talkin about durability which you've already taken into account. daedric is more durable than dwarven more durable than leather... durable as in 'takes longer to destroy'.

I don't think it's silly at all. half destroyed (51%) is just as good as fully repaired (100%)? speakin of silly (= i'd never fix my armor more than 50% + whatever i thought i needed to survive 1 adventure.

you're basically talkin about durability which you've already taken into account. daedric is more durable than dwarven more durable than leather... durable as in 'takes longer to destroy'.

I agree to an extent. Half destroyed armor should be less useful than fully repaired armor, but regardless you still need some kind of threshold for when the rating initially decreases. Maybe 75%?

Archived