[WIP] Break Undies Framework

JosefGrey

Probably already answered this (just could not find it)

Is it possible (or will it be like this out of the "box") to make this work for all armor sets (UNP' date=' CBBE, LB etc) or will it just work for (I am assuming here) MAK.

Meaning (IS) this exclusive to just one armor series?

Cause honestly...I sort of dig this idea (akin to some sort of "Durability" stat that you see in some MMO's for gear....only THIS will actually have some sort of graphical representation...which is VERY cool)

I will say when this is done, I will definitely be adding this mod

[/quote']

Yup, what Jimjim said. These sets are going to be CBBEV3 with Bodyslide compatibility. There's no reason these BU sets couldn't be converted to UNP or whatever, it would just take a good bit of work (there will be about 240 models when the MAK BU sets are done). The framework however would allow for armor of any body type to be made BU compatible.

So, here's the Thieves' Guild armor with the shorts. After seeing it in game I still need to tweak the tan color to have a bit more red in it I think, but I figured I'd take screens anyways.

post-10250-13597880261837_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597880262955_thumb.jpg

hmm' date=' wouldn't work with me, once i apply the armor, i got ctd.. any idea?

[/quote']

Hmmm what race is your character? The script has changed so much since the posted version it may just be worth it to wait for the new one.

So, I spent today building a new computer specifically for Skyrim. Gonna take a day or two to get stuff installed and transferred over, but with a solid state drive and GTX660 it should make development less frustrating (drastically reduced load times, yay).

Gratz on the SSD! Sounds like the perfect holiday gift! It would be awesome if you were able to mod textures and meshes while Skyrim is running and have the game engine pick it up the next time you 'equip' said gear! I don't think that's possible, but you are making phenomenal progress anyways!

How do you feel about retextures of your armors?

hmm' date=' wouldn't work with me, once i apply the armor, i got ctd.. any idea?

[/quote']

Hmmm what race is your character? The script has changed so much since the posted version it may just be worth it to wait for the new one.

So, I spent today building a new computer specifically for Skyrim. Gonna take a day or two to get stuff installed and transferred over, but with a solid state drive and GTX660 it should make development less frustrating (drastically reduced load times, yay).

I tried it with nord and imperial, one of each, doesn't seems to work, tried with both armor too, maybe i install it wrong? just copy and paste right?

[/quote']

I tried it with nord and imperial, one of each, doesn't seems to work, tried with both armor too, maybe i install it wrong? just copy and paste right?

nvm i got it to work somehow =D

Gratz on the SSD! Sounds like the perfect holiday gift! It would be awesome if you were able to mod textures and meshes while Skyrim is running and have the game engine pick it up the next time you 'equip' said gear! I don't think that's possible' date=' but you are making phenomenal progress anyways!

How do you feel about retextures of your armors?

[/quote']

I can usually get a pretty good idea in Blender by loading the textures on the objects and just updating it that way. Can't see the effects of the normal or specular though :/.

Do you mean retexturing the BU sets, or the MAK armor I'm working on in general? Either way, I don't mind.

The thing about retexturing the BU sets is that each set will be different... some will have changing diffuse textures as the damage worsens, others will have different alpha maps. This also means that the separate objects change textures at basically random stages for each different set. If someone was to retexture them they should

know what they're getting into since it could be a lot more work than retexturing a normal armor set.

For this reason in upcoming versions of the BU sets they will have completely separate textures so that if someone is using a retextured version of the vanilla armors (or MAK armors or whatever) it won't interfere with the BU sets.

[/quote']

nvm i got it to work somehow =D

Great :D

I've been looking into this, and got an idea. i'm by no means a modder or even scripter, so i have no clue if this is plausible.

But i was wondering. Can armors be enchanted with something that uses up charges like weapons? Which would deplete when getting hit?

In this case it would be interesting to attach the "durability" to the charge of the armor.

Perhaps even decreasing the armor rating the lower the enchantment charge drops?

In any case, have you looked at SKSE? It could make this possible :3

Changing diffuse? Yes, you did mention damaged metal getting dented or scratched.... WOW... could even do the normals for savage dents to metal parts!

Are you going to have blood stained cloth or leather or shredded mail on the diffuse maps or did you mean surface nicks and scars to large armor plates?

You have 5-8 levels of damage per set...the mesh changing in some way at nearly each stage PLUS alpha damage PLUS diffuse damage and normals could show a new layer of damage...

Leather is not ideal to show this off, but it would certainly look cool on metal armors before the actual rents appear or pieces get chopped away!

post-17535-1359788030435_thumb.jpg

post-17535-13597880303223_thumb.jpg

I've been looking into this' date=' and got an idea. i'm by no means a modder or even scripter, so i have no clue if this is plausible.

But i was wondering. Can armors be enchanted with something that uses up charges like weapons? Which would deplete when getting hit?

In this case it would be interesting to attach the "durability" to the charge of the armor.

Perhaps even decreasing the armor rating the lower the enchantment charge drops?

In any case, have you looked at SKSE? It could make this possible :3

[/quote']

Nope :(, only constant effect enchantments can be applied to armor/anything wearable. Those can never have charges.

Changing diffuse? Yes' date=' you did mention damaged metal getting dented or scratched.... WOW... could even do the normals for savage dents to metal parts!

Are you going to have blood stained cloth or leather or shredded mail on the diffuse maps or did you mean surface nicks and scars to large armor plates?

You have 5-8 levels of damage per set...the mesh changing in some way at nearly each stage PLUS alpha damage PLUS diffuse damage and normals could show a new layer of damage...

Leather is not ideal to show this off, but it would certainly look cool on metal armors before the actual rents appear or pieces get chopped away!

[/quote']

Yep, that's the idea. I won't be making new normal, diffuse, and alpha maps for every stage of every set though (it would just take too long for one person considering everything else I have to do). I've sort of been picking and choosing. Is that something you have the skill for and think you'd like to work on?

If this was to be made compatible with VaderApps' RBS mod, Skyrim clothes would be perfect... Except maybe have a wounds system that uses this so when a sword breaks your clothes, it actually hits the skin underneath and everyone won't be tearing clothes with swords like Zoro.

Took a lot longer getting stuff set up and installed than expected, but now that everything is running smoothly the new computer is making the process significantly more streamlined.

Here's a shot of the guild master's armor with shorts: http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/16781-1-1352764894.jpg

And here's a WIP of the Ebony Armor. This is the first one that we decided needed significant changes from MAK's design to support the skirt: http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/16781-1-1352778598.jpg

The other two thieves' guild sets are done as well.

I'm finding myself coming here sevral times a day: each time I see a new post I get pretty excited but still no latest download ;(

I know, perfection takes time - but this mod is so great that patience is difficult - perhaps I can get Butters to help freeze me so time goes faster?

Archived