[WIP] Break Undies Framework

JosefGrey

When i equip imperial armor' date=' pc become naked.

what am i doing wrong?

[/quote']

Try adding the armor with FormID 00013ed9 to your inventory. You're probably trying to equip the MAK07 version that is made from the forge and not the vanilla armor.

Just wanted to point out I love the fact you're adding miniskirts to some of these armors' date=' can't seem to find enough mods that take advantage of that.

Are you keeping the underwear on even with the miniskirt? Seems like you're erring towards non-nude in your Nexus mod (even says so in the title), but I just love the look of "a little peak" even at full armor health.

[/quote']

Yeah, I'm planning on having a non adult release of the armor that isn't BU-compatible.

Cool, I was actually going in the other direction of having no panties even at full health armor. However, I'm not asking you to go through all the work of having a completely different version with that, since removing that piece can be easily done in NifSkope for anybody who wanted to go through the extra work. All I'd request is if you can keep the underwear as a different "block" in the meshes so that it'd be easy to remove in NifSkope.

Yep, it's a different block~.

loin cloth could also be a good option beside skirtss and it is lore friendly ' date=' good job even in alpha stage this mod is just awesome

[/quote']

Yeah, I'm going to make some kinda loin cloth/drape type thing for Glass, Daedric, Forsworn, Elven and maybe Dwarven.

EDIT: Progress update: Wolf Armor is done except for the diffuse/normal textures. I sent the meshes off to be made Bodyslide compatible. I'm done with half the stages of DB armor and have everything for it in the CK.

I made a scene for UNP body' date=' whith easy body-slide setup. For 3ds max. There is a morph target.

Makes easy to export those.

Do you use max or blender? If max, i can try to make the same for CBBE

[/quote']

I use blender :/. I'm sure there's a better way, but I've had 8 scenes in one file for each set. It's great for editing, but doesn't really help any when it comes to exporting. I would think the nif scripts would have to be edited to do a "batch" export or something :X.

In other news, I have the foundation for the repair system working. Ignore the goofy formatting on the number, I was just testing it out.

The way it works is if you are wearing BU armor with less than 100 durability every blacksmith will have the conversation option "I need my armor repaired." You're then given the price (which depends on the armor and how damaged it is) and asked if you want to do it or not.

post-10250-13597880104168_thumb.jpg

Aaaand repairing now works. I still have to add in the code to make NPCs repair their own armor automatically though.

I'm sort of thinking it is almost time for another test release. I've tested it, but this new version could certainly use a lot of in game testing. Also, it would give me an excuse to go through and organize/clean up stuff.

Will your mod

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16781

Be compatible in the future with

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16837

Basically that author made his version

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16877

to allow his craftable panty to be added.

Only reason I asked' date=' cause I wanna be able to use stocking.

And a BU on stocking would be interesting.

[/quote']

I doubt that I would make it, but somebody else certainly could. Once I'm done with the framework/tutorials and the MAK07 BU set I'll probably be moving onto other things.

Like I was saying earlier, converting JosefGrey's work to a no-panties version would be fairly easy and just labor-intensive. You would not need any Blender experience or deep understanding of 3D graphics. Just grab NifSkope, load up the torso pieces, and delete the blocks for the panties. He's already said he'll facilitating that by not combining the underwear into the armor meshes.

Interestingly enough Skyrim still uses the most bugged engines and techs ever )

I think someone must start a project on adding more physics into skyrim. Softbody and cloth' date=' and no need to make new rigs for boobs, just use softbody, or atleast juggle bones...

[/quote']

I've seen some stuff showing examples of things like that working, but I wonder if it would just be too labor intensive to make everything compatible with it.

I dont think that it would be too intensive.

Lets take for example jiggle bones, or bone-based physics. You just set the bone names to be interpreted by the physics engine, and it works. There are already... 12 or so skirt bones, why not use them for physics? Why not use 2 boob bones in breast physics mods in real physics calculations?

And I'm not talking about real cloth physics. I worked with physX only, but it is not hard to setup a cloth sim there. You add a modificator (in 3ds max), then you just pain over your model, which polygons are affected by cloth simulation, and thats it... Nothing hard at all. That only the question of exporting

I have all the kinks worked out of the repair system now... had to put all of the assets into the DAF esm file, which threw a couple curve balls at me.

ChronoTrigger77 and I have decided we're going to knock out the Bodyslide and skirts/shorts/etc (respectively) of the MAK set before we continue on with the BU versions. We're planning on making a non-adult release of that on the Nexus and then following through into finishing the BU sets (which will be much easier considering I won't have to model and texture the new pieces while tearing apart the armor mesh).

I'll continue updating here in the meantime since everything I'll be doing will still be going into the BU set release.

Here's the ebony mail skirt texture I made tonight~

post-10250-13597880167991_thumb.jpg

post-10250-13597880168623_thumb.jpg

I mean' date=' mesh, topology... Polycount. http://wigglyframes.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/mesh_remeshing2.jpg this

[/quote']

It's about 2400

Got a lot done today... re-did my ebony mail textures from my MAK07 Non Nude mod to match the quality of the skirt texture. Fixed UV on the mesh, finished it and sent it off. Thieves' guild mesh is fixed and weighted for BBP. Fixed the seams on the texture and just have to do the normal/specular maps for it. Also finished the thieves' guild variant texture (shown below).

Probably already answered this (just could not find it)

Is it possible (or will it be like this out of the "box") to make this work for all armor sets (UNP, CBBE, LB etc) or will it just work for (I am assuming here) MAK.

Meaning (IS) this exclusive to just one armor series?

Cause honestly...I sort of dig this idea (akin to some sort of "Durability" stat that you see in some MMO's for gear....only THIS will actually have some sort of graphical representation...which is VERY cool)

I will say when this is done, I will definitely be adding this mod

Archived