Anyone know these bugs

Hello all,

Well it took a long time modding but I finally got the game set up the way I like it. Unfortunately, as I've been playing a few bugs have developed. I mean that as in everything worked fine when I started but have somehow stopped working since starting the game. I have not added or removed any mods since beginning the game nor have I changed the load orders. So I'm just going to describe them and see if this sounds familiar to anyone.

The first is that I can no longer enter any storm cellars, all those outside basement accesses. I was able to go in them just fine when I started the game but now I can't. It won't even prompt the option to interact with them. Its as if they don't exist.

The other two problems I'm having are more mod specific. The first of those I believe is a bug in LAPF (not sure though). Basically there is a character I can no longer have sex with. Any time I try they say "I was not ready" and nothing happens. I've ran into this bug before it usually happens if I interrupt something their doing (though this time I can't think of what) and would solve it by loading an earlier save but in this case I don't have one early enough.

Lastly is a problem with Hiyoko future dream. All of a sudden my kids are being born with nothing for character development. They have no class that I can tell and their attributes and skills are all no more than 5. Its not even giving them their racial traits. Well that's it has anyone encountered these problems before? Do you know what caused them? & hopefully how to fix any of them?

If need be I can post my load orders but since the game started fine I didn't think it would be necessary.

13 minutes ago, Doodlecute said:

Hello all,

Well it took a long time modding but I finally got the game set up the way I like it. Unfortunately, as I've been playing a few bugs have developed. I mean that as in everything worked fine when I started but have somehow stopped working since starting the game. I have not added or removed any mods since beginning the game nor have I changed the load orders. So I'm just going to describe them and see if this sounds familiar to anyone.

The first is that I can no longer enter any storm cellars, all those outside basement accesses. I was able to go in them just fine when I started the game but now I can't. It won't even prompt the option to interact with them. Its as if they don't exist.

Run through Fejeena's Yellow Link before proceeding any further:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbbmod-sorting-and-cleaningcs-cse-body-stretching/?do=findComment&comment=915257

If that fails, try disabling your mods one-by-one until you find the culprit. I understand how daunting of a task that can be, as most have hundreds of mods, but it just may resort to that.

No Sex:

Try opening the console and clicking on the NPC, then enter 'removespell xx03BFD5', where xx is the mod index for 'Lovers with PK.esm' ( Load order ID ) . Sometimes actors can end up with that spell (the 'Having Sex' spell) permanently, which prevents them from having any more sex.

Tip from Gaebrial

Your other bugs.

You don't have your game in C:programfiles???

If yes and your game worked....it can be that after a Windows update or antivirus it stops working.  OBSE or pluggy does not work, or  some dll files are blocked,....

Your awesome Fejeena, the remove spell thing worked. As for the other two I do not have my game in Program files. My path is C:GOG games/Oblivion. Though since you mentioned dll files, occasionally when I go to start the game I get the message "Couldn't inject dll" & then the game fails to start. But then I just try again and it boots right up. Do you think that's connected?

When you start your game and you get the "Couldn't inject dll" message.

Do not start your game again. First open the task-manager and close the Oblivion.exe ( in processes )

if you don't close it you have two Oblivion exe started and you game will crash soon.

So first close the Oblivion.exe in the task-manager , then you start your game again.

.................................................................................

The "Couldn't inject dll" message I know from the Construction Set.

My problem was the Anti-virus software, it blocked the dll files.  ( I used AVG )

Set your Oblivion folder to the exception list in your Anti-virus software.

3 hours ago, Doodlecute said:

Your awesome Fejeena, the remove spell thing worked. As for the other two I do not have my game in Program files. My path is C:GOG games/Oblivion. Though since you mentioned dll files, occasionally when I go to start the game I get the message "Couldn't inject dll" & then the game fails to start. But then I just try again and it boots right up. Do you think that's connected?

I have the same. As I understand it, Windows sends some information about the game to Microsoft servers or something lt.

( When I run the second time, everything works without problems. )

My game also starts fine with the second start but it does not run as smoothly and the chance it crashes is very high.

When I start my game I don't wait until I get the error message, I close it immediately. I don't even remember what error message I get, maybe it is a "Couldn't inject dll" message, because I always quit it before the message appears.

Then I open the task-manager , processes ,  and close/end the Oblivion.exe.

Then I start my game again. And I have almost no crashes.

Hmm, I guess that's why my game was so crash heavy when I first set it up. I just thought I had too many active mods. I'm not sure how to set exceptions in my anti-virus, I use Norton, I'll have to figure that out. Although it doesn't sound like that will fix my current problem just possibly prevent future ones.

I had a thought about it though. I have my Oblivion folder backed up from before I started the game. I figure I could use the back up to restore the game. I'm just worried what affect it will have on my current save. I've been trying to avoid doing anything that will mess with my save because I've already had to restart the game so many times due to mod complications. Especially with the pregnancy mods being so sensitive to any kind of change. Do you know if that will hurt my save? I'm now over a month of play time and really don't want to restart again.

It's always the best to srtart a new game if you change your game.

Only one new Mod is ok.

But if you add many or remove many Mods it's bad to use a old save.

And when you use pregnancy mods you should never use a old save. One new or removed Mod can cause crashes.

Many Mods:  best use not many Mods.

Merge Mods. All armor clothes Mods in one esp.

Clean Mods !!!!!

But with clean Mods and good load order you can use 254 Mods . And the Oblivion.esm. So 255 esm and esp.

Oblivion.esm = load order 00

Last Mod  = load order FE  ( 254 )

The last load oder number is FF ( 255 ) but you should not use it. Items created in game, like enchanted items, copied item or NPCs, will have Load order number FF.

-----------------------

Norton : I never used it, can't help. Use Google.

I wasn't talking about adding or removing a mod. I was suggesting to over right the mods with my back up. Nothing new would be added and my load order is locked so it shouldn't move anything. But I'm not a 100% if that's a good idea. Though the future dream problem seems to have worked itself out. I don't know what was causing the problem nor do I know what fixed it but whatever was the problem its working now. I did figure out how to set Norton's exceptions but future dream started working on its own even before that. So the only problem I have left is the storm cellar thing. Unfortunately it was the worst of the problems as its preventing me from accessing areas of the game. And worse yet if I start a new game they are still not working. This whole thing has me flummoxed.

Though I do have some questions since we're on the subject of mod limits and the like. I read somewhere once that there was a limit on how much clothing you could add to the game. This was when I was first getting started on the whole mod business and didn't know very much, so I didn't really analyze the statement too carefully and nowadays I don't know where I read this. So I was wondering if there is a limit on clothing or other items or did I just get confused and there is just a limit on mods? Also do non active mods count against you in the limit?

Clothes?

No, you can add 254 clothes mod if you want.

But when you put all the clothes in your player inventory .... Not sure if the game crash or freeze when you open the inventory.

But many clothes mods can make the game unstable.  I had many clothes-armor mods with chests in IC-Arena-district, and the game crashed often when I entered the Arena-district.

Now i have merged about 20 armor-clothes Mods in 3 esp. And all the chests I placed in the IC-Harbor-Lighthouse. So all armor-clothes in one interior cell, no conflichts with other mods, no crashes.

And I cleaned all my Mods (esp and esm ). You know that even the official DLCs are unclean. TES4Edit cleaning , see my yellow Link.

Before I cleaned all Mod Oblivion crashed often.

-------------------------

Your crash Problem:

Have you started TES4Edit withh all your mods and checked the locations where your game crashes ?

Find conflicts.

Or Oblivion Modmanager has a conflict detector.

And when you know all Mods that "use" the location you can start the CS with all those Mods and check the place. Maybe you can see/find objects or NPCs with missing meshes or textures, both can cause crashes.

Okay, so it is the number of mods that's limited not the the clothing itself. That's good to know. I wanted to remake a lot of the clothing mods so I could adjust and relocate the items while simultaneously making them into one mod. So thanks, that question has been bothering me for a while.

My problem with the storm cellars isn't that the game is crashing. My problem with the storm cellars is that I can't go in. I can see the door on the side of the houses but when I move my cursor over them it won't give me the prompt to open them. It won't let me activate the door in any way. I've tried clicking on it with console commands as well but even those don't seem to register that the door is there. And its not specific to a single area. Its every storm cellar in the game none of them are working.

1 hour ago, Doodlecute said:

My problem with the storm cellars isn't that the game is crashing. My problem with the storm cellars is that I can't go in. I can see the door on the side of the houses but when I move my cursor over them it won't give me the prompt to open them. It won't let me activate the door in any way. I've tried clicking on it with console commands as well but even those don't seem to register that the door is there. And its not specific to a single area. Its every storm cellar in the game none of them are working.

What Mod? What is storm cellar ?  tell me the Mod and I check it in CS.

You can not activate or click in console the door?

No door mesh, only the house.

Or door without collision

Or house with wrong collision ( the door is behind the house collision )

------------------

EDIT:

This ? https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/33803?tab=files

But there is only one storm cellar in Chorrol.

What Mod with more storm cellars do you use ?

----------------------------------

Mybe another mod use the "The Oak and Crosier" cell and the door and is after your storm cellar esp in the load order?

In the corrol storm cellar Mod the Mod creator use the vanilla door with new teleport ( to storm cellar cell )

But with a old save , you was already in "Oak and Crosier", it can be that the door does not work right. He should have used a new door and disable the vanilla door.

No its not that mod. A lot of houses come with storm cellars in the core game. The house you buy in the imperial water front has one in the back. They are the little double door structures attached to the side or rear of the house leading down into a basement. I'll try and post a picture. I was able to go in them just fine when I started the game but while playing it, suddenly I couldn't go in them anymore. However I have a revelation. Apparently the problem is in the core game itself. I turned off every mod including the DLCs and started a new game. They still didn't work. So whatever is wrong it doesn't seem to be a mod that's causing it.

Storm cellar.bmp

6 hours ago, Doodlecute said:

No its not that mod. A lot of houses come with storm cellars in the core game. The house you buy in the imperial water front has one in the back. They are the little double door structures attached to the side or rear of the house leading down into a basement. I'll try and post a picture. I was able to go in them just fine when I started the game but while playing it, suddenly I couldn't go in them anymore. However I have a revelation. Apparently the problem is in the core game itself. I turned off every mod including the DLCs and started a new game. They still didn't work. So whatever is wrong it doesn't seem to be a mod that's causing it.

Storm cellar.bmp

The storm cellar doors are just dummies. There is a mod that adds a door mesh that you can slide into place. No doubt other modders used it as a resource.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/16358

!! And storm cellar door  in  "The Oak and Crosier"  (Chorrol) is not compatible with Lovers Prostitute.

Lovers Prostitute use the vanilla door and the vanilla cellar !!!!!

----------------------

Most of the vanilla storm cellar doors are only decoration, you can not use the doors, there are no cellars.

And the vanilla "storm cellar doors" are static objects, you can not activate the door.

You need a Mod that add real doors and new interior cells , the cellars.

7 minutes ago, fejeena said:

!! And storm cellar door  in  "The Oak and Crosier"  (Chorrol) is not compatible with Lovers Prostitute.

Lovers Prostitute use the vanilla door and the vanilla cellar !!!!!

----------------------

Most of the vanilla storm cellar doors are only decoration, you can not use the doors, there are no cellars.

And the vanilla "storm cellar doors" are static objects, you can not activate the door.

You need a Mod that add real doors and new interior cells , the cellars.

Oh well...I totally added my own version of the mysterious basement in the O&C. A creepy necromancer-type emerges on certain days of the month to stalk and enslave vulnerable PC-types and drag them back to his cellar for....card games? No, of course not...lol.

Wait, What! The storm cellars are a Mod? I don't know of a time I couldn't go in those. My imperial house had partial flooding and three big rats in it. I remember thinking with that kind of water damage the house would be likely to collapse. I'm just completely shocked here. That's still strange though because whatever mod let me go in wasn't designed for just that. It must have snuck in with something else because I definitely don't have "cellars of Cyrodiil" or anything else that says it adds them.

Well, I've now tested it and turned on all the mods that I had inactive and sure enough they worked... Seriously my world has been rocked... I don't understand though why I able to go in when I started my current game though. I haven't changed any of the mods since I started. I suppose its possible I got confused somehow but I was so sure about it. *sigh* Well whatever happened its solved now. I feel a bit stupid but at the same time relieved. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to do something, possibly even in the main story, because of this. So thanks everybody for helping me sort this out. I guess now I have to figure out which mod added these.

Vanilla IC player house.

In the house only the door to the world space

Spoiler

11H1.jpg

And the back of the house, the storm cellar door is a static object. You see no door marker.

Spoiler

11H2.jpg

The door is part of the house Mod, you can not activate it.

11H3.jpg

There is also a separate storm cellar door mesh you can add to houses.

Unique Landscapes - Imperial Isle add a basement to the playerIC house ( but it is used by an NPC )

And  BetterCity Mods add basements to houses ( real storm cellar doors, no decoration )

On 3/8/2018 at 11:30 AM, Doodlecute said:

Wait, What! The storm cellars are a Mod? I don't know of a time I couldn't go in those. My imperial house had partial flooding and three big rats in it. I remember thinking with that kind of water damage the house would be likely to collapse. I'm just completely shocked here. That's still strange though because whatever mod let me go in wasn't designed for just that. It must have snuck in with something else because I definitely don't have "cellars of Cyrodiil" or anything else that says it adds them.

Well, I've now tested it and turned on all the mods that I had inactive and sure enough they worked... Seriously my world has been rocked... I don't understand though why I able to go in when I started my current game though. I haven't changed any of the mods since I started. I suppose its possible I got confused somehow but I was so sure about it. *sigh* Well whatever happened its solved now. I feel a bit stupid but at the same time relieved. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to do something, possibly even in the main story, because of this. So thanks everybody for helping me sort this out. I guess now I have to figure out which mod added these.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:22 PM, fejeena said:

Vanilla IC player house.

In the house only the door to the world space

Reveal hidden contents

11H1.jpg

And the back of the house, the storm cellar door is a static object. You see no door marker.

Reveal hidden contents

11H2.jpg

The door is part of the house Mod, you can not activate it.

11H3.jpg

There is also a separate storm cellar door mesh you can add to houses.

Unique Landscapes - Imperial Isle add a basement to the playerIC house ( but it is used by an NPC )

And  BetterCity Mods add basements to houses ( real storm cellar doors, no decoration )

I'm running an Imperial House Mod that has a quest related to sleeping in it for the first time...involving these same cellar doors...so they've been used in other mods. Chances are, some bigger mod added them w/o notice.

I found it. It came in with " FOMO Imperial Isles", which makes sense I installed that one fairly early on and is a large enough mod that I could easily miss that feature. Seems funny though that the vanilla game doesn't use these. I mean why put them there at all if they serve no purpose.

On 3/8/2018 at 6:00 PM, Doodlecute said:

I found it. It came in with " FOMO Imperial Isles", which makes sense I installed that one fairly early on and is a large enough mod that I could easily miss that feature. Seems funny though that the vanilla game doesn't use these. I mean why put them there at all if they serve no purpose.

Complete agreement. Luckily, since 2006, modders have solved many of these oversights.

Archived