Some animations break from conversion

Is the process of converting animations to SSE always straightforward? The reason I'm asking is because I've batch converted the animations from https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2436-horny-creatures-of-skyrim/ (in particular HCOS_SLALPack_V0_99S2.7z), using HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe.

Some of these animations work flawlessly while others seem to only have one actor working or not at all. Unfortunately, I removed the regular version of Skyrim, so I don't even know if these SLAL packs ever actually worked correctly to begin with, I just assume they do. This pack includes some excellent creature-on-creature animations (which I didn't even know existed) so it'd be nice to get it ported. Everything in my SSE is up-to-date, the animation registry rebuilt and the animation loader does recognize these packs.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:32 PM, Allegretto said:

I'm surprised there's not a demand for those animations. Well, if anyone comes along and updates that SLAL, please let me know so that I can snag a copy.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/94228-sse-conversion-tracking-mar-5/?tab=comments#comment-2154538

try this thread to find working, working but needs to be converted, they are color coded for ease of location 

here is SLAL conversion

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5328-sexlab-animation-loader-sse/

8 hours ago, tasairis said:

What is the output from running FNIS with the compatibility option enabled?

Spoiler

FNIS Behavior V7.1.1   3/7/2018 1:20:07 PM
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.23.0 - D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"
Patch: "HKX File Compatibility Check Skyrim/SSE"

Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ...
Reading SexLab V1.63 ...
Reading HornyDragons V1.0 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.0 ...
Reading FNISBase V7.1.1 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Alternate Animation mods: 0 sets: 0 total groups: 0 added file slots: 0 alternate files: 0

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading HornyDragons V1.0 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...

1357 animations for 6 mods successfully included (character)
 1035 animations for 2 mods and 27 creatures successfully included.

The only other thing I know of is that the conversion process might not work well with some HKX files that FNIS generates. I haven't seen it for myself, and I think it might only be applicable if the creatures are in a T-pose (as opposed to idling in place normally and just not doing the expected animation), but it's worth a try.

Try using GenerateFNISforModders:

1. Identify one of the animations that isn't working by its name.

2. Look in the mod's meshes\actors\creature\animations\mod\FNIS_*_List.txt files for which one contains the animation files (if there's more than one of those text files).

3. Run GenerateFNISforModders, hit Generate, and point it to that file. It will generate a matching file meshes\actors\creature\behaviors\FNIS_*_Behavior.hkx.

4. Rerun GenerateFNISforUsers.

If you're using MO2 and GenerateFNISforModders won't run: run it normally instead, then look in FNIS's own meshes directory for the new behavior file and move that into the mod.

I'm not familiar with animation from the modder's perspective but I think I have those instructions correct...

If that isn't working for you, post the name of one of the broken animations, then I'll try porting Horny Creatures and testing it in the game to see what happens for me.

Anyway, I remember in Oldrim that sometimes an animation wouldn't have one of the actors animating - and it wasn't just with creatures. They would idle in place, not be stuck in a T-pose. That certainly wouldn't have been a conversion problem so it could be the same thing now, but as a guess I would have thought it would be more likely with lots of animations and you aren't running with that many.

So this is what I did:

Cleared FNIS generated content.

Started GenerateFNISforModders.exe

Spoiler

Animlist used: D:\Games\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\HCoS\meshes\actors\werewolfbeast\animations\HornyDragons\FNIS_HornyDragons_werewolfbeast_List.txt
Reading Animation List ...
Generating FNIS mod Behavior File xml...
Converting mod Behavior xml to hkx ...
Copying new behavior files to standard folder ...
 78 animations for1 mods successfully included ()

FNIS_HornyDragons_werewolfbeast_Behavior.hkx successfully created.

Started GenerateFNISForUsers.exe

Went in-game, refreshed SexLab animation registry, registered SLAL pack and started the animation.

The animation in question is between two werewolves, while cycling between them, the previously thrusting male werewolf assumes doggy-style position while the female werewolf's animation never changes. They both end up in doggy-style position sliding on top of each other, it's pretty comical just looking at it.

You can repeat it by starting sex between the two and pressing "o" a few times. I can't figure out what the hang-up is.

So I'm still trying to figure this out. Good news is that I can reproduce weird behaviors when it comes to Creature Framework and creature animations (be that with NPCs or other creatures). Bad news is I'm still not sure why. It's also annoying because MatchMaker never seems to want to position the actors into the slots I want it to.

I don't remember if you said how you're starting animations. If you're using MatchMaker too then you need to target the female/receiving creature first and the male/giving creature second in order for the animation to make most sense. Because order does matter. Not saying that it will work if you do, but I'm pretty sure it's more likely to work.

Here's something to try:

1. Start Windows' Task Manager: ctrl+shift+esc, or right-click the taskbar and hit Task Manager. Go to the Details tab (click "More details" if you don't see it) and scroll down to where the 'S's would be.

2. Start SSE, but right when you do switch back to Task Manager.

3. Wait for SkyrimSE.exe to show up in the list. Right-click it, set affinity, and choose one of the CPUs - any one but just one.

4. Let Skyrim finish starting up and try some animations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 1:30 AM, tasairis said:

Here's something to try:

1. Start Windows' Task Manager: ctrl+shift+esc, or right-click the taskbar and hit Task Manager. Go to the Details tab (click "More details" if you don't see it) and scroll down to where the 'S's would be.

2. Start SSE, but right when you do switch back to Task Manager.

3. Wait for SkyrimSE.exe to show up in the list. Right-click it, set affinity, and choose one of the CPUs - any one but just one.

4. Let Skyrim finish starting up and try some animations.

This didn't fix the issue either. Ultimately there is another repack: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/95986-horny-creatures-of-skyrim/ which also suffers from the same problem. I'm thinking it's the pack itself.

Archived