SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

1 hour ago, SKYRIMSEXISCOOL said:

Are there any .hkx files/did you port them correctly? You can check if all animations are working with FNIS

There were tons of hkx files but I couldn't figure out which one was the problem. Fnis was fine. I was trying to make a ultimate mod pack with every old mod. Couldn't get animations to play after download. The pack was HUGE so I am not fully sure which part didn't work. Found out that I ran into a lot of weird behavior problems by digging around which got rid of the weird frozen t pose most things were in. Animations wouldn't play so I tried clearing out the meshes and just downloading required animations like zaz and loverslab. Nothing. I saved most my work on my other conversions but I think I got overly ambitious and confident in my porting abilities. I'm going to delete data and do a fresh install. Whatever problem is, it's not in meshes. I dont know where else to look, but this is what I get for trying to port like 8000 animations at once. I'll just port one at a time so I can find the issue in the future. One possible issue could be papyrus? Idk. 

I'm thinking somehow the problem had nothing to do with fnisxl pr animations. Idk what it could have been though

* Ported: SexTalk, The Manipulator for SE, SL More Creatures
* Alpha: Paradise Halls Enhanced Special Edition

edit: Realized I have two slavery sections. Decided to go through all the non-obvious mods in the whole list to try to rearrange them into something more appropriate. Gave up after a dozen mods because I can't figure out enough from the description and because there's so much overlap and it's hard to decide on a dominant theme for each one. So if anyone has suggestions about how to categorize stuff then I'm all ears.

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

edit: Realized I have two slavery sections. Decided to go through all the non-obvious mods in the whole list to try to rearrange them into something more appropriate. Gave up after a dozen mods because I can't figure out enough from the description and because there's so much overlap and it's hard to decide on a dominant theme for each one. So if anyone has suggestions about how to categorize stuff then I'm all ears.

heads up sextalk link is broken

2 hours ago, tasairis said:

Seems many slavery mods are on the rise for SSE. But, can't they be made sort of uniform. Say, for example a slaver in a mod, is treated as a slaver in all mods. Likewise, a slave in one mod, is a treated as a slave in all mods. Keeping factions uniform in all mods might do the trick. Slave and Slaver factions are defined in ZAZ probably in my guess.

1 hour ago, SKYRIMSEXISCOOL said:

heads up sextalk link is broken

Fixed, thanks.

36 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

Seems many slavery mods are on the rise for SSE. But, can't they be made sort of uniform. Say, for example a slaver in a mod, is treated as a slaver in all mods. Likewise, a slave in one mod, is a treated as a slave in all mods. Keeping factions uniform in all mods might do the trick. Slave and Slaver factions are defined in ZAZ probably in my guess.

On the subject of mod interactions, there's a rather cool technique that makes it possible for mods to work together without needing a common framework installed and it lends itself to sharing things like factions: form injection. Basically, everyone decides that Update.esm contains some forms xxAA1234 (eg, slaver faction) and xxAA2345 (eg, slave faction). The ESPs reference them even though they don't technically exist, but the game will quite happily create them and pretend they were there all along.

It's just like a regular mod dependency with overriding, except the mod is Update.esm and the original form doesn't exist. Every mod needing that form would have to inject the same form which is why it's best for simple things like factions; they could still make minor changes from the main source, but would therefore be subject to conflict resolution concerns like any other time.

This sort of technique would be handy for a number of concepts here - particularly something like arousal (though it's a bit late for SLAR to suddenly decide to do that). Slavery too, though it could use a framework even as simple as setting up master/slave relationships and interacting with Zaz, and it could use injection for the slavery factions: mods that wanted to use the framework could still do so as a regular dependency, but other mods could be compatible without having to do any Papyrus work.

You're missing a texture file. Use SSEEdit to find the mesh it uses, then NifSkope on the mesh to find the texture file. Same problem as Oldrim

suggested edit: You're missing a texture file. Use SSEEdit to find any possible texture set. If there is none, then use NifSkope on the mesh to find the texture file. Same problem as Oldrim.

I vividly remember spending hours trying to find a missing texture before I finally learned what a texture set was.

Just for reference:  II got both Sexlab Trainers and The book of Sex to work without any effort. 

TBOS the only thing i did was load it in CK and save it again.  Work like a charm.

Sexlab Trainers all I had to do was extract and repack the BSA, and load and save the esp in CK. Also works like a charm.

Didn't have to change or do anything to them....Just in case people are interested.

On 7/3/2018 at 6:55 AM, SKYRIMSEXISCOOL said:

I've been messing with the MCM for hours. No matter what setting I change females are always "totally uninterested" and males at most "treat me normally". I'm a straight male PC. Even exactly matching their preferences to mine and setting my attraction to 100 and their arousal to 100 does nothing to make females interested. 

I must be messing up something obvious - here are my MCM settings if they help?

https://imgur.com/a/kLhNttr

I was just looking at Approach to figure out why it wasn't working. Some pretty significant issues with its randomness. Fixed them only to discover Attraction has the same sorts of problems times tenI'm very tempted to just forget both mods entirely, but Approach is the only mod I know of that does what it does and I want to have it so... I'm working on fixing Attraction.

What problems? Well, there's tons of issues dealing with integers and floats and converting between them, and Approach's odds calculations were badly designed (eg, to treat an NPC's aggression and confidence stats as important as arousal and attraction*), and Attraction doesn't respect SexLab genders, and I'm still going so who knows what else I'll find.

It's quite frustrating so I'm using this post mostly to rant but partly to inform you that yes, in fact, Attraction is quite broken. I'm going to head into its thread in a second.

* I stopped my gameplay because of that. Approach thought that one straight same-sex NPC was more attracted to me than a straight opposite-sex NPC partly because of a higher confidence value. The other part being, of course, Attraction's attraction calculation that I'm still unwinding.

20 hours ago, tasairis said:

I was just looking at Approach to figure out why it wasn't working. Some pretty significant issues with its randomness. Fixed them only to discover Attraction has the same sorts of problems times tenI'm very tempted to just forget both mods entirely, but Approach is the only mod I know of that does what it does and I want to have it so... I'm working on fixing Attraction.

What problems? Well, there's tons of issues dealing with integers and floats and converting between them, and Approach's odds calculations were badly designed (eg, to treat an NPC's aggression and confidence stats as important as arousal and attraction*), and Attraction doesn't respect SexLab genders, and I'm still going so who knows what else I'll find.

It's quite frustrating so I'm using this post mostly to rant but partly to inform you that yes, in fact, Attraction is quite broken. I'm going to head into its thread in a second.

* I stopped my gameplay because of that. Approach thought that one straight same-sex NPC was more attracted to me than a straight opposite-sex NPC partly because of a higher confidence value. The other part being, of course, Attraction's attraction calculation that I'm still unwinding.

On another note, it seems Sexlab Approach has a much more fleshed-out and expanded version that doesn't require Attraction but is in Japanese: https://github.com/nbits-ssl/SexLabApproachJPPlus. There are a lot of user-made translations though, I'm going to convert it and see how it goes.

EDIT: Haven't tried it for long but it's flawless so far! I'm using the latest Github release + this translation: 

(last comment on the page) 

Conversion is very simple, resave the original mod and then the translation in CK.

EDIT 2: Putting the MCM at the highest settings and NPCs are having sex like rabbits and raping me a lot lol. Definitely works but I will look for bugs/issues. 

EDIT 3: Mod works great so far - only problem I have found so far is that when NPCs are 'getting it on' with each other they don't always undress. Not sure if this is unique to my modded setup though so I will investigate more. Nevermind, that was the hugging feature - the mod works perfectly for me after hours of testing, the MCM reacts correctly, etc.

4 hours ago, gqgs12 said:

Can't convert cum shot brothel animations. When opening it's behavior in fnis for modders, it throws error 2012. If someone managed to convert it for se, can you please share FNIS_Cum Shot Brothel_Behavior.hkx here or via private message.

The solution is to wipe the 2 space in the file name before conversion. After conversion put the 2 spaces back. I think you are using the convert_hkx.bat utility.

Using only Nif optimizer and CK to convert ESPs :

Devious Devices Equip : works

Prison overhaul patched : works, including custom restraints through DD equip

S.L.U.T.S. redux : works, except for the tatoo part ( slavetats requires working overlays in RaceMenu)

Simple Slavery plus :  I have CTD issues

( all tested with ZAP 8.0+ )

5 hours ago, thor said:

Using only Nif optimizer and CK to convert ESPs :

Devious Devices Equip : works

Prison overhaul patched : works, including custom restraints through DD equip

S.L.U.T.S. redux : works, except for the tatoo part ( slavetats requires working overlays in RaceMenu)

Simple Slavery plus :  I have CTD issues

( all tested with ZAP 8.0+ )

SLUTS redux: are there any issues with the nifs? or does it work out of the box?