SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

Just now, Farass said:

Hi! I guess since the mod author of skyrim immersve creatures no longer has a DLC2  addon, I just figured he included those creatures in the main install. So I also changed the DLC2 in the .json files to skyrim immersive creatures special edition.esp. I have not double checked if this is correct, but that should be easy to do.

The BDICSkyTestPatch esp I did not put through the CK because it removed what ever changes I did in SSEDIT regarding removing or adding masters. I left The BDIC.esp and BDICSkyTestPatch.esp untouched by CK (That was how I did it)

Yep, I also replaced the DLC2 addon references to IC SE references and it worked.

About SkyTestPatch, when I try to clean masters in SSEdit, it emboldens the text indicating a change has been made, but the masters remain, I can add masters but dunnoe why it's not removing or cleaning masters. 

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

It looks like SIC SE changed a lot of form IDs. How did you update the BDIC ESP?

Regarding the BDIC.esp I changed masters using SSEedit and edited the .json files to point to the correct .esp's. Did not have a thorough look at the formID's. Just checked that the creatures are registered in CF and tested some of them.

Could be that you are right and  that some creatures have their FormID's changed. Did test a few more creatures and while creatures are registered in CF with skin and mod, there are som creatures that, when changing to arousedarmor suddenly turns invisible and some creatures get the T-pose. So I will investigate this some more.

4 minutes ago, t0m0ya said:

Yep, I also replaced the DLC2 addon references to IC SE references and it worked.

About SkyTestPatch, when I try to clean masters in SSEdit, it emboldens the text indicating a change has been made, but the masters remain, I can add masters but dunnoe why it's not removing or cleaning masters. 

Hmm.. I guess it's ok to share one file. You can try with this:

BDIC SkyTEST Patch.esp

3 minutes ago, tasairis said:

It's all the SIC-DLC2 creatures, and they'll be broken in the JSON and in BDIC.esp. I think all the original SIC.esp form IDs are the same.

Aaah..that could be right. That will explain why there are only some creatures that does not work. Will check the DLC2 creatures FormID's

3 hours ago, Farass said:

Next up for testing will be SDplus 361..

CF works for me with HC11, BDIC3.0, Bad dog vanilla creatures and BDICSkyTestPatchV3.0  if I am careful with the loadorder and place the mods manually

SDplus 361 is working so far, i did not tested dreamworld yet, but enslavement is working also with Content Consumer's Alternate start. I have installed it midgame, it isnt worked,

but after i have started a new game, it was okay.

BDIC depends on SIC not on SIC SE... With two esp's in the oldrim Version and a SE-all-in-one pack you will for sure run into problems. Convert both Oldrim packs and the jsons will work without any problems. Otherwise you will have to correct the ID's in the Jsons one by one for the DLC2 Creatures...  

On 3/9/2018 at 3:43 AM, tasairis said:

I don't know of anyone trying to convert it and nobody in the support thread has asked about it (at least not recently).

It's mostly textures and scripts so it should be convertable with the usual steps.

if you dont mind what are the usual steps i have nevr converted mods before :confused:

22 hours ago, Farass said:

Aaah..that could be right. That will explain why there are only some creatures that does not work. Will check the DLC2 creatures FormID's

Used some SSEEdit scripting to get the job done 99.9% of the way. BDIC.esp At least as far as the ESP is concerned.

There are still some references that didn't translate into SIC-SE. You can find them with the "Report masters" script. I'm not sure what to do, but I am sure that I'm too tired to keep going so instead where I'll be going is to bed.

I forgot some other stuff that needs to be fixed too so that ESP isn't actually ready.

46 minutes ago, memphis77 said:

if you dont mind what are the usual steps i have nevr converted mods before :confused:

Check the first post for the brief explanation. There are some guides linked to for a longer explanation.

(sigh) I still haven't had a chance to actually play the damn game yet. Too busy testing mods and making tweaks. WTF.

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Farass said:

After changing dependancies/masters, the .json files have to be changed accordingly. Skyrim immersive creatures.esp must be changed to skyrim immersive creatures special edition.esp and so on, but the formID's seems to be the same. Converted BDIC v3.0, Bad dog vanilla creatures and BDICSkyTestPatchV3.0 to work with CF and FormID's seemed ok and only .json files needed change.

4 hours ago, t0m0ya said:

I don't know if SIC updated lots of forms ID, but after updating the json, i got 10 more pages of creatures, and a lot of missing or disabled 'all skins' got a sub-list of creatures. For example in Draugr's header, I got All Skins: Disabled and under that, I got 7 different type of Draugrs with either MNC or BDIC skins enabled on them. I still have blank panels. But the increased count does tell me I got more critter skins installed. 

Hi! I guess since the mod author of skyrim immersve creatures no longer has a DLC2  addon, I just figured he included those creatures in the main install. So I also changed the DLC2 in the .json files to skyrim immersive creatures special edition.esp. I have not double checked if this is correct, but that should be easy to do.

The BDICSkyTestPatch esp I did not put through the CK because it removed what ever changes I did in SSEDIT regarding removing or adding masters. I left The BDIC.esp and BDICSkyTestPatch.esp untouched by CK (That was how I did it). So, I don't use WryeBash, but SSEedit

3 hours ago, t0m0ya said:

3 hours ago, tasairis said:

It's all the SIC-DLC2 creatures, and they'll be broken in the JSON and in BDIC.esp. I think all the original SIC.esp form IDs are the same.

1 hour ago, Pfiffy said:

BDIC depends on SIC not on SIC SE... With two esp's in the oldrim Version and a SE-all-in-one pack you will for sure run into problems. Convert both Oldrim packs and the jsons will work without any problems. Otherwise you will have to correct the ID's in the Jsons one by one for the DLC2 Creatures...  

24 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Used some SSEEdit scripting to get the job done 99.9% of the way. BDIC.esp At least as far as the ESP is concerned.

There are still some references that didn't translate into SIC-SE. You can find them with the "Report masters" script. I'm not sure what to do, but I am sure that I'm too tired to keep going so instead where I'll be going is to bed.

good grief, it's no bloody wonder why CF is fucking up now.

and

WARNING2: uninstall Bad Dog's Vanilla Critters if you have it, it's assets are already included in MNCv11.

11 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:
  Reveal hidden contents

good grief, it's no bloody wonder why CF is fucking up now.

and

are you sure that this will work with the SE version of IC which has all creatures merged in one esp?

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

Used some SSEEdit scripting to get the job done 99.9% of the way. BDIC.esp At least as far as the ESP is concerned.

Confirmed there are some problems with the DLC2 meshes yes. Tried your BDIC.esp, but instant ctd when trying to start Skyrim SE with it in loadorder

2 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

are you sure that this will work with the SE version of IC which has all creatures merged in one esp?

i said Bad Dog's Vanilla Critters, not Bad Dog's immersive creatures.

but for Bad Dog's immersive creatures, it depends on how IC got merged...

there are 2 ways for a file to get merged:

with all formid's getting renumbered

or

without formid's getting renumbered (some may need to be changed by hand before the merge, note: this is what i did when i merged MNC and all 3 SLNC esps into one esp file)

if it was the fist one then both BDIC and it's jsons are almost completely fucked and need to be remade from darn near scratch.

if it was the other one then things are a bit more easier to deal with, you will just need to edit the first 2 numbers in any referenced formids.

1. first you need to deal with the change in master names, make 2 copes of "skyrim immersive creatures special edition.esp" and rename the copes to "Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp" and "Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp" (or if the formid's did get renumbered then convert the original skyrim IC esp files into SE) .

2. load all 3 + BDIC into TES5Edit/XEdit (whatever the hell its called for SE), you should now be able to load BDIC and add "skyrim immersive creatures special edition.esp" as a master.

3. now you can change any referenced formid's in BDIC to match the ones that are found in "skyrim immersive creatures special edition.esp" (don't use scripts, you need to do it all by hand so that you can see and know everything that's going on)

4. once that's 100% completely done clicking on "clean masters" will remove "Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp" and "Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp" from BDIC.esp masters list.

5. save and reload the BDIC.esp and check it for errors.

6. now fix anything in the json that may need to be fixed (like esp/esm names and formids)

On 2/23/2018 at 3:15 AM, tasairis said:

* Convertable: Slave Girls, Night Mistress Mansion, SD Cages, Puppet Master, Shout Like a Virgin, Vanilla Voices, College Days - Winterhold, Private Needs, animation packs

I'm having a problem with slavegirls, apparently it's a hair mesh. If you've converted slave girls, did you have to do anything special when using the Nif optimizer (other than the head parts check) to get it working?

So is there any reason to use BDIC when MNC 11 is already installed?  Doesnt it already cover most creatures?

Im going to test with the most recent files, and also the pex that fixes the SL gender bit for CF.  Ill also test moving it lower in the load order, I suspect it will but who knows.

5 hours ago, Pinute said:

I'm having a problem with slavegirls, apparently it's a hair mesh. If you've converted slave girls, did you have to do anything special when using the Nif optimizer (other than the head parts check) to get it working?

If the converted mesh does not work, and the original mesh is not compatible, look it up in the source (Most Hairpacks are officially ported) and replace it. 

10 hours ago, Farass said:

Confirmed there are some problems with the DLC2 meshes yes. Tried your BDIC.esp, but instant ctd when trying to start Skyrim SE with it in loadorder

Did you see the part where I said "99.9% of the way" and "still some references"?

10 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

i said Bad Dog's Vanilla Critters, not Bad Dog's immersive creatures.

but for Bad Dog's immersive creatures, it depends on how IC got merged...

there are 2 ways for a file to get merged:

with all formid's getting renumbered

or

without formid's getting renumbered (some may need to be changed by hand before the merge, note: this is what i did when i merged MNC and all 3 SLNC esps into one esp file)

if it was the fist one then both BDIC and it's jsons are almost completely fucked and need to be remade from darn near scratch.

if it was the other one then things are a bit more easier to deal with, you will just need to edit the first 2 numbers in any referenced formids.

1. first you need to deal with the change in master names, make 2 copes of "skyrim immersive creatures special edition.esp" and rename the copes to "Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp" and "Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp" (or if the formid's did get renumbered then convert the original skyrim IC esp files into SE) .

2. load all 3 + BDIC into TES5Edit/XEdit (whatever the hell its called for SE), you should now be able to load BDIC and add "skyrim immersive creatures special edition.esp" as a master.

3. now you can change any referenced formid's in BDIC to match the ones that are found in "skyrim immersive creatures special edition.esp" (don't use scripts, you need to do it all by hand so that you can see and know everything that's going on)

4. once that's 100% completely done clicking on "clean masters" will remove "Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp" and "Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp" from BDIC.esp masters list.

5. save and reload the BDIC.esp and check it for errors.

6. now fix anything in the json that may need to be fixed (like esp/esm names and formids)

SIC-SE was apparently created by using SIC.esp and adding in copies of the SIC-DLC2.esp forms. So the original SIC.esp form IDs are the same and the DLC2 ones are not. The only parts of the BDIC JSONs that need updating are whatever entries reference DLC2 forms.

The BDIC.esp I posted did your steps 1-4 (automatically based on editor IDs; I did some random checks but I'm highly confident it worked correctly) except there are four references that appeared in either of the two SIC.esps (I forget which) that do not exist in SIC-SE.esp. The report masters script will also find them. I had checked quickly and didn't see equivalent forms so I didn't know immediately what to do - so I posted it incomplete for someone else to look at.

7 hours ago, Pinute said:

It wasn't me - I'm just reporting what other people have told me. Truth is I only know of one person who converted it so it should be unknown, but this was before I decided on needing multiple reports before marking something as convertable.

Head parts - faces, hair, etc. - and regular meshes need to be treated differently. If you can't find an SSE version of the hair's source mod (the SlaveGirls description doesn't mention it) then grab a new copy of the hair meshes from the Oldrim version and try Nif Optimizer on just them with the head parts option enabled.

1 hour ago, infiniteone said:

So is there any reason to use BDIC when MNC 11 is already installed?  Doesnt it already cover most creatures?

Im going to test with the most recent files, and also the pex that fixes the SL gender bit for CF.  Ill also test moving it lower in the load order, I suspect it will but who knows.

Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures is for SIC/SkyTEST and is not in MNC.

Bad Dog's Vanilla Critters is for vanilla creatures and is in MNC.

please guys, I know we're on 22 pages now, but you have to learn to read everybody's posts so we don't have to keep repeating the same things over and over again

13 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures is for SIC/SkyTEST and is not in MNC.

Bad Dog's Vanilla Critters is for vanilla creatures and is in MNC.

please guys, I know we're on 22 pages now, but you have to learn to read everybody's posts so we don't have to keep repeating the same things over and over again

Oh cool , I do have skytest.