SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

Well aside from Darkfoxes video, I followed this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2970/

Darkfox is my main resource though, but seeing how complex animations can be I figure reading about it is better. Plus the demonstrations can differ, such as Darkfox recommends isolating each animation folder with the converter whereas the link I provided say go right ahead, slap in the convertor in the animation field, and let it rip. Not sure which one is correct or not, but neither one worked.

HDT Framework and/or HDT High Heels is suddenly causing me to crash upon loading into, or starting a new game. It's been working without a hitch for a few weeks, and started acting up out of nowhere without me touching anything HDT-related. I'm running on 1.5.23, tried updating everything to 1.5.39 but that didn't change anything.

Removing the HDTSSEFramework.dll stops the crashes, but obviously High Heels also stops working. Anyone have any idea what might have happened?

6 hours ago, Azurahawk said:

Well aside from Darkfoxes video, I followed this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2970/

Darkfox is my main resource though, but seeing how complex animations can be I figure reading about it is better. Plus the demonstrations can differ, such as Darkfox recommends isolating each animation folder with the converter whereas the link I provided say go right ahead, slap in the convertor in the animation field, and let it rip. Not sure which one is correct or not, but neither one worked.

I still think that it is not a good idea to do it in the game folder.

19 hours ago, Azurahawk said:

It's possible there are animations that are "too" complex to be converted, but I would be surprised.

You're using the .bat from that one mod? It will handle folders and subfolders so all you have to do is go into the mod's \meshes directory (in NMM's \VirtualInstall or MO2's \mods), copy the Havok .exe and the conversion .bat there, and run the .bat. It will convert files in place. Then run FNIS with the HKX compatibility option enabled.

When FNIS finishes, make sure the mod showed up in the list and that there weren't any errors. Do a consistence check too to be safe.

12 hours ago, SakuyaFTW said:

HDT Framework and/or HDT High Heels is suddenly causing me to crash upon loading into, or starting a new game. It's been working without a hitch for a few weeks, and started acting up out of nowhere without me touching anything HDT-related. I'm running on 1.5.23, tried updating everything to 1.5.39 but that didn't change anything.

Removing the HDTSSEFramework.dll stops the crashes, but obviously High Heels also stops working. Anyone have any idea what might have happened?

HDT-SMP for 1.5.39 is buggy. You might want to stay on 1.5.23 if you need it. Follow the thread.

You're saying nothing has changed? Nothing at all? You didn't update any mods or do anything else? If removing the Framework makes it work then your save should be fine, but then that means it's highly likely something did change.

9 hours ago, tasairis said:

It's possible there are animations that are "too" complex to be converted, but I would be surprised.

You're using the .bat from that one mod? It will handle folders and subfolders so all you have to do is go into the mod's \meshes directory (in NMM's \VirtualInstall or MO2's \mods), copy the Havok .exe and the conversion .bat there, and run the .bat. It will convert files in place. Then run FNIS with the HKX compatibility option enabled.

When FNIS finishes, make sure the mod showed up in the list and that there weren't any errors. Do a consistence check too to be safe.

HDT-SMP for 1.5.39 is buggy. You might want to stay on 1.5.23 if you need it. Follow the thread.

You're saying nothing has changed? Nothing at all? You didn't update any mods or do anything else? If removing the Framework makes it work then your save should be fine, but then that means it's highly likely something did change.

I'm not using SMP, just the Framework + High Heels. Well, the one thing I did change between it working and not working, was updating Better Vampires from 8.1 to 8.2. But reverting it to exactly how it was before the update doesn't change anything. I can't imagine how Better Vampires would interact with Framework/High Heels either.

* Need more: Ravenous
* Ported: SLAL: FunnyBizness, SirNibbles

15 hours ago, SakuyaFTW said:

I'm not using SMP, just the Framework + High Heels. Well, the one thing I did change between it working and not working, was updating Better Vampires from 8.1 to 8.2. But reverting it to exactly how it was before the update doesn't change anything. I can't imagine how Better Vampires would interact with Framework/High Heels either.

I can't imagine how either.

My best guess was that your Skyrim got updated without you knowing and you don't have the right version of the Framework and/or HH files... except you looked into that already. It not working for new games eliminates a number of possibilities, and the fact that it works without Framework installed eliminates many others. All I can think of now is to double-check everything you think is true in case you are mistaken about something.

But if you still have nothing, try asking in the HDT-SMP thread. They might know more.

edit: Actually, Better Vampires could be related. Are you using NMM? When you installed BV, how did you deal with file conflicts? Make sure XMPSSE is overwriting everything.

PSA: XPMSSE updated a couple days ago but it has problems with saves. Don't upgrade yet. If you did and find yourself unable to load saves made after it upgraded then I think you're screwed (I tried cleaning a save but it made no difference) so downgrade and go back to an earlier save.

2 hours ago, tasairis said:

* Need more: Ravenous
* Ported: SLAL: FunnyBizness, SirNibbles

I can't imagine how either.

My best guess was that your Skyrim got updated without you knowing and you don't have the right version of the Framework and/or HH files... except you looked into that already. It not working for new games eliminates a number of possibilities, and the fact that it works without Framework installed eliminates many others. All I can think of now is to double-check everything you think is true in case you are mistaken about something.

But if you still have nothing, try asking in the HDT-SMP thread. They might know more.

edit: Actually, Better Vampires could be related. Are you using NMM? When you installed BV, how did you deal with file conflicts? Make sure XMPSSE is overwriting everything.

Using Mod Organiser 2. Really doubt I missed anything, since my situation was literally

In Skyrim, High Heels working --> Alt-Tab to check if Better Vampires got an update to use MCM --> Exit Skyrim --> Update Better Vampires --> Launch Skyrim --> Crashing begins

23 hours ago, SakuyaFTW said:

Using Mod Organiser 2. Really doubt I missed anything, since my situation was literally

In Skyrim, High Heels working --> Alt-Tab to check if Better Vampires got an update to use MCM --> Exit Skyrim --> Update Better Vampires --> Launch Skyrim --> Crashing begins

And you have Better Vampires still sorted in the mod list before XMPSSE? And you're not using the updated XMPSE?

3 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Updated DDi and get a ctd after installing it. Any ideas? I have only changed the .dll 

You updated everything else, right? Running Skyrim 1.5.39, SKSE64 2.0.7, JContainers 4.1.0, and got the updates for whatever other SKSE-based mods you have?

2 hours ago, Azurahawk said:

Here's a clear example of what's being spit back at me. I should've just provided a snapshot at the very beginning.

I get that when I run the script on something that's already been converted. Unless the files are 0byte files after the conversion, it hasn't been a problem for me.

I haven't looked at the latest youtubes, but I do the process that's been described already. Unzip the mod to a folder. Drop the converttoskyrimSE.bat and HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe into the meshes folder in the extracted mod and run the bat file. It will recursively run on all subfolders in that path.  If you go deeper in the path, you have to run the conversion on both animations and behavior folders.  If it's a complex mod installer, there may be multiple mesh folders, I check them all to be safe. Convert the nifs with the optimizer (except for facegendata) and then zip it up again to add to my mod manager to install.

If I read you correctly a few posts back, you've only run the convert on the animations folder. If there's a behaviors folder too, you need to run the convert bat on that folder too.

Here's an example:

Estrus Chaurus V4.342--converted\meshes  ==> This is where I normally drop and run the exe and bat file.

Estrus Chaurus V4.342--converted\meshes\actors\character\animations ===> This needs converted

Estrus Chaurus V4.342--converted\meshes\actors\character\behaviors ===> This needs converted

I admit I don't have PAHE though, which is what you have the screenshot, not Leito or Funnybuziness. Maybe get us the FNIS output after running it? It should give you the exact path and filenames that have a problem.

2 hours ago, idgaflulz said:

Cursed Loot seems to work for the most part, but I can't figure out how to recompile the six slave boot scripts to update the NiOverride version check.

I made the code change on the .psc files, I just can't figure out how to compile them.

I had to grab fnis sexy move, consoleutil and aradia devious devices integrated before they would recompile.

This is what I did:

dcur_cursedSlaveBootsScript.psc
dcur_hisecSlaveBootsScript.psc
dcur_lb_SlaveBootsScript.psc
dcur_lb_RubberBootsScript.psc
dcur_RubberBootsScript.psc
dcur_stunSlaveBootsScript.psc

- if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5
+ if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 || SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") < 1 || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5

Are you at a point where you can test the boots?  Can you try these and see if it works for you?

dcur_lb_SlaveBootsScript.pex

dcur_RubberBootsScript.pex

dcur_stunSlaveBootsScript.pex

dcur_cursedSlaveBootsScript.pex

dcur_hisecSlaveBootsScript.pex

dcur_lb_RubberBootsScript.pex

11 hours ago, tasairis said:

And you have Better Vampires still sorted in the mod list before XMPSSE? And you're not using the updated XMPSE?

You updated everything else, right? Running Skyrim 1.5.39, SKSE64 2.0.7, JContainers 4.1.0, and got the updates for whatever other SKSE-based mods you have?

Yes, Mam... 

I have started with a clean install after everything I needed was updated.

Added the Mods in groups, checked if they are working, made a save and moved to the next group. There are only 2 Mods that have been updated away from the .ddl changes.

Better Vampires 8.2 and XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended 4.31.

As soon as I added DDa, DDi and DDx I get a CTD on loading the save. So I uninstalled them again and installed them one by one. DDa was no problem, DDi gave me a CTD on game load.

It was the load order..

36 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Yes, Mam... 

I have started with a clean install after everything I needed was updated.

Added the Mods in groups, checked if they are working, made a save and moved to the next group. There are only 2 Mods that have been updated away from the .ddl changes.

Better Vampires 8.2 and XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended 4.31.

As soon as I added DDa, DDi and DDx I get a CTD on loading the save. So I uninstalled them again and installed them one by one. DDa was no problem, DDi gave me a CTD on game load.

It was the load order..

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended 4.31 is unstable and causes CTDs to many people.

Actually the SKEE is unstable when used by XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended 4.31

3 minutes ago, jennievm said:

I've converted TDF prostitution everything is perfect except the option to get a prostitute to work in a city on their own. There is just not an option to choose a city. Anyone got a fix for that ?

It works for me. You have to be Thane, to get that option. And it works only for Whiterun, Solitude, Rifton, Markarth and Windhelm. Not for the other cities.