SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

2 hours ago, 4nik8tor said:

Since Bethesda just introduced new functionality in this update (VR), not just some bugfix that had been lingering since 1.5.23 or earlier, it's not unreasonable to expect new bugs.  I just hope we don't lose any more mod authors as a result.  TBH, I expected the VR release to be separate like SSE was from LE.

Thought this was VR update, but it was for CC and some other minor fixes.  I need to read more.

Yeah, I thought that too. I knew Skyrim had updated, and suddenly there was lots of talk about VR on PC... Nope, it's a separate release and Bethesda is still milking that cow.

Or at this point maybe it's more like milking a dead horse.

I tried porting two animation packs to SE for my own use to try out, but they're not registering in the MCM with SLAL. 

The two packs are - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3426-k4-animations-slal-package/ and https://www.loverslab.com/topic/58240-funnybizness-v25-slal-pack-by-shashankie/

The last one has been confirmed to be ported and used in SE by someone on that package's support thread.

I ported the package, converted the animations and reran FNIS, the exact same way I did the M2M pack. The M2M pack registers with its own menu in MCM. The others aren't showing up in game.

Here's the FNIS readout.

Spoiler

FNIS Behavior V7.3.1   4/7/2018 6:51:49 PM
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.39.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 
Patch: "HKX File Compatibility Check Skyrim/SSE" 

Reading FlowerGirls SE V1.8.3 ...
Reading FNISBase V7.3.1 ...
Reading FNISSexyMove V7.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 162 alternate animations) ...
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 9 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading FunnyBizFun V12.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizGroup V8.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizLover V7.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMtb V3.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizUn V12.0 ...
Reading K4Anims V1.0 ...
Reading M2MAnimations V9.0 ...
Reading SexLab V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V2.9 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V8.00  ( 276 furniture, 45 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack+ V8.00  ( 14 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
No GENDER directory male
No GENDER directory female
Alternate Animation mods: 2 sets: 3 total groups: 27 added file slots: 162 alternate files: 162

Creature Pack not installed

6479 animations for 17 mods successfully included (character)

So why is SLAL not recognizing these two packs? Am I missing something? Are these packs not able to be converted? Are the recent updates holding something from registering?

I'm relatively new to porting mods, so any insight would be helpful.

15 minutes ago, BillyPilgrim said:

I tried porting two animation packs to SE for my own use to try out, but they're not registering in the MCM with SLAL. 

The two packs are - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3426-k4-animations-slal-package/ and https://www.loverslab.com/topic/58240-funnybizness-v25-slal-pack-by-shashankie/

The last one has been confirmed to be ported and used in SE by someone on that package's support thread.

I ported the package, converted the animations and reran FNIS, the exact same way I did the M2M pack. The M2M pack registers with its own menu in MCM. The others aren't showing up in game.

Here's the FNIS readout.

Reveal hidden contents

Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.39.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Reading FNISSexyMove V7.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 162 alternate animations) ...
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 9 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading K4Anims V1.0 ...
Reading SexLab V1.63 ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V8.00  ( 276 furniture, 45 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack+ V8.00  ( 14 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

No GENDER directory male
Alternate Animation mods: 2 sets: 3 total groups: 27 added file slots: 162 alternate files: 162

So why is SLAL not recognizing these two packs? Am I missing something? Are these packs not able to be converted? Are the recent updates holding something from registering?

SLAL requires JContainers that weren't ported yet to new SKSE64

4 minutes ago, BillyPilgrim said:

Looks like there's a beta version of jcontainers64 that's linked to in the SLAL download page and on the first page here. Would that work, or is there something missing?

That version of JContainers was built against SKSE64 2.00.06.

There is no release version of JContainers built against SKSE64 2.00.07 yet

Speaking of the first page,

On 2/19/2018 at 3:35 PM, tasairis said:

✓ Updated: DDi, ECE*, Estrus*, FISSES, andrelo1's MfgConsole, PapyrusUtil, RaceMenu, Random Sex, SexLab*
✗ Broken: CBP, Fuz Ro D'oh, HDT, JContainers, opparco's MfgConsole, SKEE64/NiOverride, SoS SE, everything else...
Therefore: ✓ SexLab✗ CF≈ DD✗ SLAL✗ body changes✓ facial expressions✗ physics✗ some mods with silent dialogue
(* supported via a patch download)

Obviously, mods depending on anything broken will also be broken (eg, CF and SLAL).

edit: tweaked it a bit

I tried to use SOS SE (I have the old exe) and it causes massive lag on my end. (Mostly for abilites/spells not game lag performance is fine but as soon as I try to use favorites/transformations my game takes ages).

Went back to Lite for now. Runs smooth as butter.

1 hour ago, Ryzaki009 said:

I tried to use SOS SE (I have the old exe) and it causes massive lag on my end. (Mostly for abilites/spells not game lag performance is fine but as soon as I try to use favorites/transformations my game takes ages).

Went back to Lite for now. Runs smooth as butter.

I found it better to just stay at 1.5.23 and wait for everything so catch up then update. 

6 hours ago, BillyPilgrim said:

Here's the FNIS readout.

Reveal hidden contents

Reading K4Anims V1.0 ...
Reading SexLab V1.63 ...

No GENDER directory male

I have both of them running, so you did something wrong. Do it again. Don't forget to run nif optimizer, because there are anim objects in the files.  

I'm trying to convert some animations (Leito, Anub and FunnyBizness) to SSE, but I just saw that the author of FNIS said the batch convert linked on the first post here could only be used for animations replacers, and wouldn't work for animations using FNIS (like the ones for sexlab), because the behavior file would need to be updated.

If that's true, how do I update the behavior file ?

48 minutes ago, daedalron said:

I'm trying to convert some animations (Leito, Anub and FunnyBizness) to SSE, but I just saw that the author of FNIS said the batch convert linked on the first post here could only be used for animations replacers, and wouldn't work for animations using FNIS (like the ones for sexlab), because the behavior file would need to be updated.

If that's true, how do I update the behavior file ?

The same way you update the animation.

Worked fine for me.

12 minutes ago, BillyPilgrim said:

Are you using the most recent SKSE64 or have you held off updating? 

I'm still using 1.5.23 because JContainers (And Fuz ro D-oh) is is not updated jet. But that will not make any difference to the SLAL packs. It will only make a difference to SLAL itself. It might still be running with anims that have been installed before the update, but it will not be able to add further packs.

19 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

I'm still using 1.5.23 because JContainers (And Fuz ro D-oh) is is not updated jet. But that will not make any difference to the SLAL packs. It will only make a difference to SLAL itself. It might still be running with anims that have been installed before the update, but it will not be able to add further packs.

Okay. I didn't try to add these two animation packs before the update, and I've already updated Skyrim, SKSE, etc. So I have a feeling that's why SLAL isn't adding these packs, since jcontainers isn't updated. I'm going to go back over my work and run NIF optimizer, but it looks pretty obvious I just need to wait.

Thanks for the help.

And since I know about it, JContainers updating for 2.0.7 is waiting until some other stuff (including CC support) is finished. Fortunately the CC thing looks close to done: it nearly works for loading with and without CC mods, but it can't load from CC mods yet.

9 hours ago, BillyPilgrim said:

Okay. I didn't try to add these two animation packs before the update, and I've already updated Skyrim, SKSE, etc. So I have a feeling that's why SLAL isn't adding these packs, since jcontainers isn't updated. I'm going to go back over my work and run NIF optimizer, but it looks pretty obvious I just need to wait.

Thanks for the help.

I lost the animations I loaded thru SLAL when 1.5.39 was cast upon us. (Billyy's ) Pfiffy updated them, but I can't reload them without JContainers for 2.0.7 .

Whee! JContainers 4.1.0 is ready, requires SKSE 2.0.7 and supports having CC/ESL mods installed. Tested it myself.

Note that as part of an unrelated fix also being released now, existing JContainers data in the SKSE cosave will be lost. Mods like CF should recover fine because it will simply look like the data isn't there so they'll reload from scratch.

That leaves Fuz as the only major mod dependency left.

2 hours ago, tasairis said:

Whee! JContainers 4.1.0 is ready, requires SKSE 2.0.7 and supports having CC/ESL mods installed. Tested it myself.

Note that as part of an unrelated fix also being released now, existing JContainers data in the SKSE cosave will be lost. Mods like CF should recover fine because it will simply look like the data isn't there so they'll reload from scratch.

That leaves Fuz as the only major mod dependency left.

Reading this on NEXUS: The file is currently being uploaded to our file servers and it will be ready to be downloaded soon.