SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

Just now, turtle321 said:

As far as I can tell I've converted every HKX. I don't see any reference to any others.

According to FNIS you missed those two files. Don't worry about what is referenced from where - convert every .hkx file you can find.

With CPU's help this is now a regular thread instead of a download. No more 0kb text files!

I'm also going to redo the list because it's quite ugly and difficult to read... as soon as I figure out what to do with it...

In the meantime,

* Ported: Schlongs of Skyrim SE (unstable alpha), SL Aroused Redux (temporary user port pending author's own)
* Working: SL Working Girl

Hmm, there are blue-colored mods that are marked as "works" but they are blue, meaning that they need to be converted, however, no conversion method is given. See the example

http://prntscr.com/in3810

If they "work" but a conversion method is not given, just like in the PrintScreen, then perhaps those mods shouldn't be on the list. If they work without conversion, then they should be green-coloured, not blue. 

54 minutes ago, Falloutersexy said:

Hmm, there are blue-colored mods that are marked as "works" but they are blue, meaning that they need to be converted, however, no conversion method is given. See the example

If they "work" but a conversion method is not given, just like in the PrintScreen, then perhaps those mods shouldn't be on the list. If they work without conversion, then they should be green-coloured, not blue. 

It just means the user has to convert what ever files there are in the mods folder according to the methods in the OP:

Quick overview of what Oldrim files are compatible with SSE

References: Nexus wiki, Arthmoor, Draco Torre, Dirty Weasel

≈ Archives (.bsa) - unpack with Bethesda Archive Extracter - repacking is optional but recommended (especially with NMM)
? Textures (.dds) - varies but most are compatible; find and fix problems with NifScan -fixdds
✗ Code library (.dll) - not compatible; must be updated and recompiled by the author, or if sources are available then by someone knowledgeable - not easy to be patient
≈ Master files (.esm) - remove master flag with SSEEdit or Wyre Bash, rename to .esp, open and save in SSE Creation Kit, rename to .esm, add master flag back
≈ Plugins (.esp) - open and save in SSE Creation Kit; careful of mod dependencies, like on USLEEP (which is now USSEP)
≈ Animations (.hkx) - must be converted using an SSE Creation Kit tool - guides by dnalloh1987 and by Trythane; some may not be convertable?
? Meshes (.nif) - varies; find problems with NifScan and fix with SSE Nif Optimizer; fix disappearing objects with NifSkope
✓ Scripts (.pex) - compatible but required dependencies must still be installed; note that SSE Creation Kit moved where script sources are expected

5 hours ago, Falloutersexy said:

It means standard conversion methods

.HKX= animations and behavior files use tool provided with SSE HavokBehaviorPostProcess and convert_HKX.bat for multiple files

.nif = SSE NIF Optimizer (FaceGenData) stay away from optimizing these it will destroy the custom looks most of the time

the rest are listed like @mentoscoke  posted

I'm pretty significantly redoing how all that is explained so hopefully it won't be confusing to others in the future - with this moved to the main forums and pinned there will be an influx of people who weren't around when this started.

.nif = SSE NIF Optimizer (FaceGenData) stay away from optimizing these it will destroy the custom looks most of the time

Does that include running Nif Optimizer with the head parts option checked? And accounting for mod conflicts with the NPC data? I haven't tested a whole lot but so far it's worked for me.

11 minutes ago, tasairis said:

I'm pretty significantly redoing how all that is explained so hopefully it won't be confusing to others in the future - with this moved to the main forums and pinned there will be an influx of people who weren't around when this started.

Does that include running Nif Optimizer with the head parts option checked? And accounting for mod conflicts with the NPC data? I haven't tested a whole lot but so far it's worked for me.

As far as I understood the description you should not use the generel option on Headparts. I also have not run ito problems jet....

52 minutes ago, tasairis said:

When porting over custom followers I have run into problems converting the as example (00000D64.NIF) files even with head parts checked will destroy the custom look of the follower. Also don't run this file through the CK with ( CTRL-F4 ) as it will overwrite the faceGen data. So rule of thumb for me is if the .NIF is in capital letters leave alone. Its not always the case sometimes you get lucky but I have had a 90% failure rate in conversions from it.

6 minutes ago, DoubleTrouble999 said:

I think, Fore mentioned somewhere that behavior .hkx are not always converted correctly.

So, one need to use GenerateFNISforModders instead

Wasn't that the 7.1 bug that was fixed with 7.1.1?

9 minutes ago, DoubleTrouble999 said:

No, I think, problem is with Beth's HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe.

It doesn't correctly convert behavior hkx according to fore

If this is the case and we are converting behavior.hkx files it could be the cause of a lot of failures for some conversions. hmmm make me wonder I'm going to replace the behavior files in CF and MNC and see if this helps at all.

SL Defeat, Simple Slavery and Things in the Dark are working fine together for me (Not done much in the Underworld, but the part about capture/auction/Quest starting for Things in the Dark works at least ) with the simple open&save conversion of the .esp for Simple Slavery.

Raven Beak Prison on the other hand isn't seen by Simple Slavery and doesn't have a menu showing in SkyUI. As I have no real clue what I'm doing (beside following simple instructions and messing around, breaking stuff half the time), I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a SE version of it.

* Completely redid the list because it was getting too unwieldy. Same mods as before except for a handful that I'm sure nobody will notice are missing.
* Given the successes with converting old SLAL packs and that some have started getting official ports, I'm removing the comments about reusing SL Light animations.
* And who am I kidding: this is 99% for SexLab mods.

* Ported: Legacy of the Dragonborn SSE, Fertility Mode
* Unknown: SL Raven Beak Prison

24 minutes ago, DoubleTrouble999 said:

Interesting. I edited the bit about converting animations to say to use GenerateFNISforModders when possible.

(I don't actually know my way behind the curtain when it comes to animations so if the edit doesn't make sense then correct me.)

11 minutes ago, Deamoa said:

Are you going to hate me a lot if I mention something else while you're editing your original post? ;)

APropos and SLSO don't seem to play too nice together. Some parts of APropos must require one of the files from SeLab that SLSO overwrites.

It's cool. You just happened to post seconds before I was beginning an update so I couldn't help but stop and check up. Anything after that post above will wait until the next update.

Apropos needs script changes - did you get the modified AproposConfig.pex? Does it overwrite any SL scripts? (I don't know.)

SLSO is definitely risky because it overwrites a few SL files, so I have it marked as unknown. It would probably be better to wait for someone to put real time and effort into it to make sure it's fully compatible with SL 1.63 beta.

And how do they not play well together? Do you have Papyrus logging enabled? Any errors in that file that stand out?

Aye, I got the modified .pex. Each of them works separately. They mostly work together, with the exception of the Wear & Tear part of APropos. Apropos itself doesn't overwrite anything (most it does to SL is change tags for a few animations), but it relies on the diary from SL I'd guess. I'll have to try and reinstall SLSO without letting it overwrite absolutely everything and actually pay attention to what's being replaced or not.

(I've not actually paid attention to what Papyrus does or could do. My modding knowledge is pretty much inexistant, limited to "let's hope it works if I pay attention to load order" ;) )

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:13 AM, infiniteone said:

You may want to make note that FNIS mod does not put the source files in the correct directory when installing.

its going to data/source/scripts

---needs to be in here also

data/scripts/source/scripts

Otherwise I was not able to compile any SL script edits.

I cant figure out why data/source/scripts exists, some other mods have placed their source files there too.  At any rate I could not compile scripts until I copied them over as mentioned above.

If that directory is in fact incorrect, can a user simply move the files/scripts to another directory without breaking the path structure? As you pointed out, some mods are using what you claim to be incorrect paths, for example, additemmenu. It is in data/source as well as data/scripts. FNIS itself is located in data/source/scripts. I'm having an issue with certain creatures (drauger, cow, chicken, troll) being stuck in t-pose. But horse, dog, bear as examples are fine. I deinstalled creatures in fnis, closed, reopened and reinstalled animations, but have same results. Attempting to find out why has led me here. I have redone all the hkx files, and nifs, used hkx check in fnis to verify and had no errors, resaved esp in ck. Esm was converted to esp for resaving then back to esm. So I'm at a loss here.

3 hours ago, LLSSEGSA said:

I checked the .HKX files in FNIS again and no errors popped up and no t-posing occurs in-game. I also took your suggestion and switched to Fuz (which I didn't know had been updated yet). I also checked the Papyrus log.

Hide contents

[03/05/2018 - 11:22:46PM] EditorPapyrus log opened (PC)
[03/05/2018 - 11:22:46PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 204800 (max total)
[03/05/2018 - 11:23:55PM] Cannot open store for class "xRSScript", missing file?
[03/05/2018 - 11:23:56PM] Cannot open store for class "xRSPassiveScript", missing file?
[03/05/2018 - 11:23:58PM] Cannot open store for class "xRSScriptR_3", missing file?
[03/05/2018 - 11:23:58PM] Cannot open store for class "xRSScriptR", missing file?
[03/05/2018 - 11:23:58PM] Cannot open store for class "xRSScriptR_4", missing file?
[03/05/2018 - 11:23:58PM] Cannot open store for class "xRSScriptR_2", missing file?
[03/05/2018 - 11:26:19PM] Log closed

So I'm assuming there's something wrong with some of the scripts?

✗ Code library (.dll) - not compatible; must be updated and recompiled by the author, or if sources are available then by someone knowledgeable - not easy to be patient

yup I have run into this with other mods.

6 hours ago, Inanna17 said:

If that directory is in fact incorrect, can a user simply move the files/scripts to another directory without breaking the path structure? As you pointed out, some mods are using what you claim to be incorrect paths, for example, additemmenu. It is in data/source as well as data/scripts. FNIS itself is located in data/source/scripts.

As mentioned in the file compatibility section, SSE Creation Kit by default expects script sources (.psc) to be in Data\source\scripts while in Oldrim those files were in Data\scripts\source.

If you are just a regular user and are not going to be recompiling scripts in Creation Kit then this does not matter to you. Those files can be anywhere. You can even delete them if you really wanted to (but there's no reason to so don't). The only script files that matter to the game are the .pex files and those haven't moved.

However, if you will be using Creation Kit then you need those scripts. Either move all your mods' source scripts to \source\scripts, or move them all to \scripts\source and edit CreationKit.ini like the link describes. If you do not then CK will think some mods are missing script sources and you won't be able to recompile them or other mods that depend on them. You do not need the files in both locations.

Should you use \source\scripts or \scripts\source? What is most common?

Neither is most common. The modding community hasn't really decided - I've seen some SSE mods with one and some with the other. And as long as your mods are consistent, even if that means you have to manually copy/move files, it doesn't matter which. Personally I recommend \source\scripts: not only is it the default for SSE CK but modders could use the \source directory for other files, like \source\mod name\README.txt.

6 hours ago, Inanna17 said:

I'm having an issue with certain creatures (drauger, cow, chicken, troll) being stuck in t-pose. But horse, dog, bear as examples are fine. I deinstalled creatures in fnis, closed, reopened and reinstalled animations, but have same results. Attempting to find out why has led me here. I have redone all the hkx files, and nifs, used hkx check in fnis to verify and had no errors, resaved esp in ck. Esm was converted to esp for resaving then back to esm. So I'm at a loss here.

Completely separate issue from where the .psc files are. The normal answer to "stuck in T-pose" is to use the FNIS compatibility option and fix whatever problems it says, but you say you did that.

Are you sure you converted the animations correctly? Exactly what process did you use? I know of a situation where it's possible for the animations to be converted incorrectly, FNIS will not complain, and animations will not work.

3 hours ago, LLSSEGSA said:

I checked the .HKX files in FNIS again and no errors popped up and no t-posing occurs in-game. I also took your suggestion and switched to Fuz (which I didn't know had been updated yet). I also checked the Papyrus log.

So I'm assuming there's something wrong with some of the scripts?

As the error messages suggest, "Cannot open store for class" means you're missing .pex files. Make sure you have the mod installed correctly.