SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

1000 posts! Thanks for everything guys, I can't do this nearly as well without everyone contributing.

On 4/26/2018 at 4:01 PM, goldust said:

has anyone got deadly drain or PSQ to work on SSE yet..i am running at 286 mods right now..but really need those two..and maybe succubus race..so any news you have about those two mods would be great <3 thank you

You are the second person I know to try DD -- er, Deadly Drain -- let alone have it working, and PSQ is too buggy for me to mark it as usable (transformations are a major part of the mod) but that doesn't there isn't enough working for some people to be satisfied with it.

15 hours ago, Roggvir said:

So, without cluttering this topic with a discussion that maybe does not belong here, please someone just describe the steps you did to make DDi work.

I've not heard about any issues with animations... Converting everything and getting the x64 DLL has been sufficient... plus that one fixed texture in DDx... and plus the updated boots script if you want high heels.

I'm only casually familiar with DD. What are these alternate animations? When you're in bondage? Maybe you have a screenshot to demonstrate the problem? Are you sure you converted all the animations - as in, does FNIS with the compatibility option enabled not show any errors?

26 minutes ago, tasairis said:

I'm only casually familiar with DD. What are these alternate animations? When you're in bondage? Maybe you have a screenshot to demonstrate the problem? Are you sure you converted all the animations - as in, does FNIS with the compatibility option enabled not show any errors?

Yes, AA are supposed to be used by DD when you wear any of its restraint(s).

Screenshot is not neccessary: the AA do not work in my conversion - i put on some cuffs or anything and nothing happens.

Yes, i converted all animations - i already mentioned FNIS is not complaining, and there are no errors related to DD anywhere in the logs either.

I appreciate the help, but please, at least read what i wrote and what you are replying to (all your questions are answered in my original post).

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

Yes, AA are supposed to be used by DD when you wear any of its restraint(s).

Screenshot is not neccessary: the AA do not work in my conversion - i put on some cuffs or anything and nothing happens.

Yes, i converted all animations - i already mentioned FNIS is not complaining, and there are no errors related to DD anywhere in the logs either.

I appreciate the help, but please, at least read what i wrote and what you are replying to (all your questions are answered in my original post).

Yeah, I just needed to read that post again.

Turned on logging? I mean DD's own logging. What messages do you see from it regarding armbinders or whatever?

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

Yeah, I just needed to read that post again.

Turned on logging? I mean DD's own logging. What messages do you see from it regarding armbinders or whatever?

DD's logging should be on (according to the checkbox in MCM), but i didn't looked into the scripts yet to verify it really works when that checkbox is ON, so i only presume it does.

This is what i see in the script log when i equip/unequip some shackles:

Spoiler

[04/27/2018 - 03:32:05PM] [Zad]: OnEquipped(test: Rusty Iron Shackles)
[04/27/2018 - 03:32:08PM] [Zad]: Sending device event DeviceEquippedArm Cuffs(test:1)
[04/27/2018 - 03:32:08PM] [Zad]: SyncInventory(): Equipping Arm Cuffs.
[04/27/2018 - 03:32:08PM] [Zad]: RestraintScript OnEquippedPost Arms
[04/27/2018 - 03:34:13PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(test: Rusty Iron Shackles)
[04/27/2018 - 03:34:15PM] [Zad]: Sending device event DeviceRemovedArm Cuffs(test:1)
[04/27/2018 - 03:34:15PM] [Zad]: RemoveDevice called for Rusty Iron Shackles
[04/27/2018 - 03:34:15PM] [Zad]: Acquired mutex, removing Rusty Iron Shackles
[04/27/2018 - 03:34:15PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(test: Rusty Iron Shackles)
[04/27/2018 - 03:34:15PM] [Zad]: Detected removal token. Done.

To recap my DDi 4.0 conversion process:

Spoiler
  1. Optimized two NIFs in meshes/devious/devices/
    Used SSE NIF Optimizer v3.0.1

2. Recompiled all scripts
    This required the ConsoleUtils, not ported to SSE yet if i am not mistaken, so i just made a fake ConsoleUtils script with the required functions.
    Moved the DDi script sources to where SSE wants them and recompiled.

3. Resaved the ESM in CK
    Used SSEEdit to change the ESM into ESP, resaved the ESP in CK, changed back into ESM

4. Replaced DeviousDevices.dll
    Used the DLL linked on the first page (https://github.com/javierhimura/DDi/tree/Port64/00 Core/SSE/SKSE/Plugins)

5. Converted ALL animation files
    Used the HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe that coms with the CK.

6. Regenerated the behavior files
    Used the tool for modders from FNIS Behavior SE 7.3.1

7. Run FNIS tool for users
    Used the "HKX File Compatibility Check Skyrim/SSE" - no warnings, no errors.

OK, didn't see anyone reporting this mods I found it useful, so here it goes:

- Hearthfire Enhanced works (great to fire housecarls and replace them with your favorite followers);

- MLLY (Mannequins That Look Like You) works (self-explanatory mod)

- Jiub Opus Quest Marks works, for that pesky quest

- Severin Manor Improvements works

Just extract the .bsa to loose files when necessary, load on CK to update to version 44 and it's done.

21 hours ago, Roggvir said:

DD's logging should be on (according to the checkbox in MCM), but i didn't looked into the scripts yet to verify it really works when that checkbox is ON, so i only presume it does.

This is what i see in the script log when i equip/unequip some shackles:

Hide contents

[04/27/2018 - 03:32:05PM] [Zad]: OnEquipped(test: Rusty Iron Shackles)
[04/27/2018 - 03:32:08PM] [Zad]: Sending device event DeviceEquippedArm Cuffs(test:1)
[04/27/2018 - 03:32:08PM] [Zad]: SyncInventory(): Equipping Arm Cuffs.
[04/27/2018 - 03:32:08PM] [Zad]: RestraintScript OnEquippedPost Arms
[04/27/2018 - 03:34:13PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(test: Rusty Iron Shackles)
[04/27/2018 - 03:34:15PM] [Zad]: Sending device event DeviceRemovedArm Cuffs(test:1)
[04/27/2018 - 03:34:15PM] [Zad]: RemoveDevice called for Rusty Iron Shackles
[04/27/2018 - 03:34:15PM] [Zad]: Acquired mutex, removing Rusty Iron Shackles
[04/27/2018 - 03:34:15PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(test: Rusty Iron Shackles)
[04/27/2018 - 03:34:15PM] [Zad]: Detected removal token. Done.

It doesn't seem like those shackles are anything but regular items. Like, I'm looking at the mesh for it and they look like something that's just equipped around the wrists. Compare that with an armbinder where the arms are clearly bend backwards behind the player.

What items have you tried? Did you use DD in Oldrim and know that it's not behaving the same in SSE? Probably a dumb question but you did install the right type of XPMSSE skeleton, right?

2 hours ago, tasairis said:

It doesn't seem like those shackles are anything but regular items. Like, I'm looking at the mesh for it and they look like something that's just equipped around the wrists. Compare that with an armbinder where the arms are clearly bend backwards behind the player.

What items have you tried? Did you use DD in Oldrim and know that it's not behaving the same in SSE? Probably a dumb question but you did install the right type of XPMSSE skeleton, right?

Hmm, i tested some Armbinder, made sure it is the item from DDi ESM, and indeed it worked.

So what the hell is going on with the cuffs and shackles? why would they even have the scripted magic effect on them, if not to activate the alternate animations and handle the removal/unlocking for which there would be no reason, unless they restrain the character via at least hand offset animations.

I did not use DD in Oldrim, but this is written in "Features" section on the DDi page:

... And these devices don't just look restrictive, they ARE! These shackles really lock your hands on your back and make you unable to fight. Running in leg irons? No way! ...

According to this, i'd say those shackles, handcuffs, or whatever they are, they should ALL have a restrictive effect.

Or am i really wrong in that assupmtion?

Yes, i am using XP32MSSE.

I cannot install Oldrim right now, so can someone who is/was using DDi on Oldrim confirm whether the shackles or cuffs are supposed to restrain the character or not?

Specifically, i tried these items from DDi:

xx01775B - Steel Cuffs (Padded) (Arms)

xx01775D - Steel Cuffs (Padded) (Legs)

xx01775E - Steel Cuffs (Padded) (Set)

xx032744 - Black Leather Cuffs (Arms)

3 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Hmm, i tested some Armbinder, made sure it is the item from DDi ESM, and indeed it worked.

So what the hell is going on with the cuffs and shackles? why would they even have the scripted magic effect on them, if not to activate the alternate animations and handle the removal/unlocking for which there would be no reason, unless they restrain the character via at least hand offset animations.

I did not use DD in Oldrim, but this is written in "Features" section on the DDi page:

According to this, i'd say those shackles, handcuffs, or whatever they are, they should ALL have a restrictive effect.

Or am i really wrong in that assupmtion?

Yes, i am using XP32MSSE.

I cannot install Oldrim right now, so can someone who is/was using DDi on Oldrim confirm whether the shackles or cuffs are supposed to restrain the character or not?

Specifically, i tried these items from DDi:

xx01775B - Steel Cuffs (Padded) (Arms)

xx01775D - Steel Cuffs (Padded) (Legs)

xx01775E - Steel Cuffs (Padded) (Set)

xx032744 - Black Leather Cuffs (Arms)

The items you list there don't apply alternate animations or restrictions and never have. They're pretty much just for show, although they can affect which devious events trigger when the polling runs and their keywords can be picked up by devious plug-ins to determine if you're vulnerable for being taken advantage of and that kind of thing. Armbinders, yokes, prisoner chains, handcuffs, straitjackets all bind your arms, hobble skirts bind your legs, ankle shackles prevent sprinting, but the cuffs (arms) and cuffs (legs) don't really do anything except lock on, the same as most collars.

27 minutes ago, SleepyJim said:

The items you list there don't apply alternate animations or restrictions and never have. They're pretty much just for show, although they can affect which devious events trigger when the polling runs and their keywords can be picked up by devious plug-ins to determine if you're vulnerable for being taken advantage of and that kind of thing. Armbinders, yokes, prisoner chains, handcuffs, straitjackets all bind your arms, hobble skirts bind your legs, ankle shackles prevent sprinting, but the cuffs (arms) and cuffs (legs) don't really do anything except lock on, the same as most collars.

Aha, so the statement i quoted from the mod page is untrue (maybe they forgot to update it), that is disapointing.

Thanks for the clarification.

So far, none of the Devious Devices actually restrict me in any way. I installed the Integration, Expansion, and Devices posted a couple days ago.  For some reason my default pose has become hands behind my back as if I'm wearing an armbinder, but I'm not.  But that's not what I was coming to post, though it may be related ...

I tried Deviously Helpless and ... nothing, nada. I can't tell any difference with it installed or not. I've walked around naked with an armbinder through half a dozen bandit camps, around cities, up and down roads, in a fort, and nothing happens. In 3rd person, my character shuffles with arms behind her back but as soon as I run or draw a weapon/spell, it's normal again. Of course the armbinder is just for looks, it doesn't actually restrict me.

3 hours ago, McLude said:

So far, none of the Devious Devices actually restrict me in any way. I installed the Integration, Expansion, and Devices posted a couple days ago.  For some reason my default pose has become hands behind my back as if I'm wearing an armbinder, but I'm not.  But that's not what I was coming to post, though it may be related ...

I tried Deviously Helpless and ... nothing, nada. I can't tell any difference with it installed or not. I've walked around naked with an armbinder through half a dozen bandit camps, around cities, up and down roads, in a fort, and nothing happens. In 3rd person, my character shuffles with arms behind her back but as soon as I run or draw a weapon/spell, it's normal again. Of course the armbinder is just for looks, it doesn't actually restrict me.

This probably has to do with the DD setup you are using. I've made the conversions for DD myself and converted Deviously Helpless and it worked on my end. 

As Roggvir had previously said though regarding Deviously Helpless, however this shouldn't cause the problem you are having:

I took a peek at the scripts, and two of them (WD_EventLegCuffs and WD_eventWornVibrate) are referencing libs.Config.HardcoreEffects, which was removed in DD v4.0, so for a clean port, those two scripts should be edited to reflect that change and recompiled.

WD_EventLegCuffs.psc

Find line: if libs.IsAnimating(akActor) || !libs.Config.HardcoreEffects && akActor == libs.PlayerRef && akActor.GetCombatState() >= 1

Change to: if libs.IsAnimating(akActor) || akActor == libs.PlayerRef && akActor.GetCombatState() >= 1

WD_eventWornVibrate.psc

Find line: if !libs.Config.HardcoreEffects && akActor == libs.PlayerRef && akActor.GetCombatState() >= 1

Change to: if akActor == libs.PlayerRef && akActor.GetCombatState() >= 1

Hm. Can someone help me pinpoint the buggy mod?

At some point after installing some new animations or mods and regenerating FNIS, characters froze. I deleted everything, including the game, reinstalled the game, the mods, generated FNIS, started the game, and they're still frozen. I Installed again, installed sfw mods, checked - they weren't frozen. Installed mods from here, generated FNIS, they froze. I just think it's one of the mods here, or an animation pack, but I will spend a lot of time pinpointing it myself, and maybe if someone got this weird freezing problem, and shares the list of their own, we could narrow the category?

I use all of the animations by Anubs, Billyy, FunnyBizness, K4, RohZima, SirNibbles, SLMasterMike, Znaroks - all that are greenlighted in the post one.

Mods: SL (light), SOS, Approach, Attraction, Arousal, Creature Framework, HornyCreatures, PayCrime, Solutions, and Defeat. They worked fine before I added some animations from above (but I cannot remember which ones I added, and not pre-installed, sorry).

Problems started after the animations were added, and the mods of: Drunk, Pleasure, Nasty Critters, Adventures.

Now I narrowed my list to just SL Light, SOS, Approach, Attraction, Aroused, Solutions, HornyCreatures, and the animations, but for some reason game doesn't launch any longer, so I cannot really check o__0 my Skyrim has been terrible these days, but it's not sfw mods, honestly, I tested with just them, and everything works fine.

I mean I could have just checked the mods installing them one by one, but I just want to save a little time and effort if one of those makes animations freeze, and I'm just too dumb.

3 hours ago, JimKhan said:

The list is growing nicely. I was particularly happy to see Spouses Enhanced added here. Here's hoping it'll continue to grow.

Me too :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, kevintheradioguy said:

Hm. Can someone help me pinpoint the buggy mod?

What do you mean by "freeze"? T-pose? Arms straight out or down to the sides? Idle animations, like swaying side to side? Can actors move at all?

If the game doesn't launch then make sure you have all the dependencies enabled too. If you can't get to the main menu then you're probably missing an ESP or ESM.

If you like enabling and disabling mods - and who doesn't? :confused: - then the process goes:

1. Disabling everything, run FNIS even though there isn't anything, and test. If it doesn't work then you have Problems™.

2. Enable the top half of your mods and test.

3. If it works, enable half of the rest and try again. If not then disable some of the new ones and test.

4. Eventually you reach a point where it works when a mod is not installed and doesn't work when it is.

It's slow and bothersome so figuring out the problem based on the symptoms is preferable.

51 minutes ago, tasairis said:

What do you mean by "freeze"? T-pose?

T-pose, yes - "freeze" is usually used to describe that. Neve even heard of other variants you listed. However fun it is to have unanimated models roam the world, it gets boring after a while...

52 minutes ago, tasairis said:

If you can't get to the main menu then you're probably missing an ESP or ESM.

That's the funny thing. I'm not. I triple checked to have all the dependencies and all the mods of the latest version. Which doesn't matter at this point, as I burned Skyrim to ashes again to try and install everything in a couple o' days.

55 minutes ago, tasairis said:

If you like enabling and disabling mods - and who doesn't? :confused: - then the process goes:

Ah. Yes. This is the point of my post, you see. Saving time doing all that and asking people if they run onto  the same thing with one of listed mods instead of testing over and over and over again.

This is not however a  problem. Disabling and rebuilding animations for all of he mods didn't fix it last time, which was exactly what I did, and even vanilla version was broken, hence the need to reinstall it, and the problem reoccurring. So there's something TERRIBLY broken with one of what I use, so I think at least one other person run onto this, which requires testing and report.

17 hours ago, coldkillerlips said:

This probably has to do with the DD setup you are using. I've made the conversions for DD myself and converted Deviously Helpless and it worked on my end. 

As Roggvir had previously said though regarding Deviously Helpless, however this shouldn't cause the problem you are having:

I'll look into editing the scripts. I have DH disabled for now.

edited; I'll do more testing tomorrow and then re-enable DH and see if it makes any difference.

On 4/27/2018 at 9:01 PM, leizar said:

All transformation functions work with exception of body. Skin color, armor, schlongs, animated wings all work. Use this package (or make one yourself) just remember to convert all meshes and animations. Replace animated wings with ones available on SE nexus. I have new RaceMenu alpha 6 and old XP32 4.20 (new one causes CTD on load with skee.dll loaded witch is nifoverwrite/immerse or something (and is responsible for body morphs? - please don't quote me on this I don't know this stuff I just know what works)). I haven't tested things like pregnacy or inflation but you can assume they don't work.

EDIT:

New XP32 also works (just need to disable skee.dll to load save). Body shape change like inflation/pregnancy don't and jiggle physics do work :smile:

Hey, since PSQ is a .esm or Master file, when I want to resave it in SSE CK, the CK wants me to save it as a new file, rather than overwriting the new one, even tho I removed the ESM tag in SSEEdit before opening it in CK. 

So I can't change the form 43 to form 44 to it. Is there a special way to change .esm files to form 44?

EDIT: Turns out, my skyrim crashes when the eye transformation is checked. To be exact, the eyes that come with the transformation pack you linked(the fully shiny white ones). It crashes even when I select the eyes in racemenu as my regular eyes.

1 hour ago, znaroks said:

Hey, since PSQ is a .esm or Master file, when I want to resave it in SSE CK, the CK wants me to save it as a new file, rather than overwriting the new one, even tho I removed the ESM tag in SSEEdit before opening it in CK. 

So I can't change the form 43 to form 44 to it. Is there a special way to change .esm files to form 44?

EDIT: Turns out, my skyrim crashes when the eye transformation is checked. To be exact, the eyes that come with the transformation pack you linked(the fully shiny white ones). It crashes even when I select the eyes in racemenu as my regular eyes.

After removing esm tag in SSEEdit you also need to rename it from .esm to .esp. After saving with CK change it back to .esm and add esm flag in SSEEdit. That's how I did it (don't know if it is correct way - it worked for me). As for eyes when you were converting them did you converted them in separation to other meshes? For eyes you need to thick face parts only option in NIFOptimizer. You need to do them separately because once you convert meshes NIFOptimizer detects that they are in SSE format and skips them. I just copied eye mesh to temporary folder, converted it (Only head parts option checked), moved it back and converted rest of meshes (Only head parts option turned off). That is the only thing that I can think of that could go wrong - at least to my limited knowledge.

Here is link to video showing it working.

13 hours ago, daedalron said:

The one I'm really missing is Sisterhood of Dibella. I tried to self-port it, but failed miserably. :cry:

I don't know it, but it's a pity. Well, no use feeling down, someone may convert it at some point. Or if you keep trying, you may get it right. Who knows.

1 hour ago, JimKhan said:

I don't know it, but it's a pity. Well, no use feeling down, someone may convert it at some point. Or if you keep trying, you may get it right. Who knows.

I'm still trying, and even managed to avoid some issues others talked about, like crashing in the sanctum. But I still have a lot of issues, like the npcs always saying they're too busy on the first quest, instead of giving donation money to the temple. Or when I tried to bypass that by entering the sanctum (lockpicking it), and returned with the sybil, crashing when I drink at the altar to get the Agent of Dibella perk.

18 hours ago, goldust said:

can some one let me have a copy of PSQ that works..i would kill to have that mod back <3

Converting PSQ is not that difficult.

FOR MO2 USERS. I USE IT DON'T KNOW OTHER WAY.

1. Download latest version of PSQ (3.2.8 i think).
2. Install it in MO2.
3. Using Bethesda Archive Extractor extract PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest.bsa to a folder that contains it.
4. Delete PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest.bsa (we don't need it and I use MO2 so I can have loose file version).
5. Using NIFOptimizer optimize all files in "meshes" folder (place nif optimizer.exe and .txt in "meshes" folder and run .exe. No need to select special options just click optimize.)
6. Delete/Move NIFOptimizer files.
7. Open PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest.esm in SSEEDIT.
8. In "File Header" right click "record flags" and "edit". De select ESM option.
9. Close and save SSEEDIT.
10. Rename PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest.esm to PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest.esp
11. Open PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest.esp in CK and save. (no need to edit anything just open and save)
12. Rename PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest.esp back to PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest.esm
13. Open PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest.esm in SSEEDIT and select ESM option in record flags.
14. Close and save SSEEDIT.
15. Zip whole folder. Name it PSQ SE. Thats it keep for future.

Converting PSQ Transform pack.
1. Download it and install it. Choose your Options (mine: for MO, both UNP and Horsecock, optional, both options for wings, glow eyes, full tattoos for everything)
2. Move \meshes\psq\succubusbody\Female\eyesfemale.nif to different temporary folder
3. Using NIFOptimizer optimize all files in meshes\psq folder and sub folders.
4. Use NIFOptimizer in temporary folder with eyesfemale.nif to optimize (remember to check Head parts Only option!!!)
5. Move eyesfemale.nif back to it's place.
6. Download and extract Animated Dragon Wings for SE.
7. Copy Meshes folder from Animated Dragon Wings to PSQ Transform Pack folder and overwrite all files (instead optimizing we replace oldrim assets with already optimized ones from official mod)
8. Zip PSQ Transform Pack folder. Name it PSQ Transform Pack SE.

Install both zips if you don't have leftover converted Mods. Keep them separate. Have Transform pack lower than PSQ main.
Run Copy Orgbody MO.bat from Mod Organizer. (I don't use NMN I can't help you. ??You need to manually copy your body??)
I have Animated Dragon Wings enabled, but it shouldn't need it.
All should work. I hope it helps/guides those that have problem with it.

REMEMBER YOU NEED TO HAVE ALL PSQ REQUIREMENTS FOR IT TO WORK.