SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

On 12/14/2021 at 5:54 PM, tasairis said:

I thought it had updated for SKSE 2.1 but apparently not.

I was checking some mods I like and Immersive First Person View is green, but actually it's not available yet. It needs .NET Script Framework, which is still not compatible with AE.

Racemenu update, on the other hand, was released today, but only for patreons for now.

2 hours ago, Handyman said:

I was checking some mods I like and Immersive First Person View is green, but actually it's not available yet. It needs .NET Script Framework, which is still not compatible with AE.

Racemenu update, on the other hand, was released today, but only for patreons for now.

I only just recently added support for me tracking mod dependencies, so there's probably still a few other mods on the list that depend on things (should be only other mods) that I haven't recorded yet.

2 minutes ago, tasairis said:

I only just recently added support for me tracking mod dependencies, so there's probably still a few other mods on the list that depend on things (should be only other mods) that I haven't recorded yet.

I know it's hard to keep track of so many mods, especially when they are not specific. The list is very helpful  and I'm just trying to help pointing possible inaccuracies about the mods that I'm updating in my game.

43 minutes ago, PippinTom said:

Next week they will correct typo in credits or something like that - I think I see where this circus is going.

If you're harboring conspiracy theories, and I'm not accusing, just discussing, it isn't unreasonable to think that Bethesda wants to make SKSE unpopular so users will start buying more CC content.  After they've broken the will of the SKSE modders in keeping up with the number of changes, they can turn around and offer their own version of a CC only DLL loader/extension system in a new paid update to Skyrim SE and charge AAA prices for it.  You must upload your DLL source and creations to the CC store, or some nonsense.  Cool DLL features become incorporated into the main code branch and released as a new CC update.  Rinse/Repeat.

That idea aside, CC content really only benefits the console market.  Those are walled gardens when it comes to content.  No Nexusmods or LoversLab for consoles, but CC is available there so they're going to keep it alive for that reason.

Edited by 4nk8r
23 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

If you're harboring conspiracy theories, and I'm not accusing, just discussing, it isn't unreasonable to think that Bethesda wants to make SKSE unpopular so users will start buying more CC content.  After they've broken the will of the SKSE modders in keeping up with the number of changes, they can turn around and offer their own version of a CC only DLL loader/extension system in a new paid update to Skyrim SE and charge AAA prices for it.  You must upload your DLL source and creations to the CC store, or some nonsense.  Cool DLL features become incorporated into the main code branch and released as a new CC update.  Rinse/Repeat.

That idea aside, CC content really only benefits the console market.  Those are walled gardens when it comes to content.  No Nexusmods or LoversLab for consoles, but CC is available there so they're going to keep it alive for that reason.

The pressure of PC community over SKSE modders is huge, so the theory is reasonable. If Beth chooses this path, they'll kill the very community that was responsible for Skyrim longevity.

27 minutes ago, Handyman said:

The pressure of PC community over SKSE modders is huge, so the theory is reasonable. If Beth chooses this path, they'll kill the very community that was responsible for Skyrim longevity.

We don't matter any longer.  PC gamers have already paid their money, and very little is going to get us to let go of any more when we have access to free advanced mods using SKSE...something that offers features and exposes elements of the game well beyond that available to anything that could be produced by the Creation Kit alone.  The PC ecosystem has dominated the modding community with capabilities that far exceed that of the console realm.  Console gamers don't suffer the grief that SKSE endusers do because they never had it.  Bethesda can keep a paywall between the cool mods and console gamers, and the console gamers will pay eagerly for them, because that is already the paradigm in which they willingly participate.  Apple has already proven this business model extremely lucrative.  Exclusive software for exclusive hardware.  SKSE will just become a footnote of butthurt PC gamers...fringe geeks.

Edit: Plus it squashes the scandalous adult animation mods out of existence.  I don't think a single one will function without SKSE features.

Edit 2: I'm forgetting SL Light, but console gamers will lack FNIS or Nemesis features as well.

Edit 3: Apparently Flowergirls lacks SKSE req as well, but still needs FNIS/Nemesis

Edited by 4nk8r
1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

And yet other rumors state that Beth is working closely with the SKSE team. That makes more sense given that SKSE is updating within 48 hours of new patches. But really, as someone who's worked on the dev and QA sides of the house, you'd be surprised how easy it is for little bugs to slip through. That's why we say no code is ever finished. You just have release builds.

I blame halo for all this walled garden console mess. There was no other way to convince the younger gamers they didn't need a pc except to make a FPS game for a console. The giant obvious thing to do for M$ was to simply produce a keyboard and mouse for their peasant computers way back but they never did that for some reason. I guess they didn't want the image of keyboards and mouse in front of all those kids they would sucker into the console market, they didn't even want them to remember pc and knew their "older brother" or older siblings using pc would be gone in a few decades once they hooked the majority of younger gamers on console for ten years or more. 

There are third parties that produce keyboard and mouse for peasant box and I think boringstation as well but I can't remember for sure right now.

This is why I despise halo so much, it was the big con to get microsoft control of gaming without having to support a platform that allows piracy to function or mods too.

https://gizmodo.com/were-pc-gamers-too-good-for-microsofts-cross-platform-g-5593116

1 hour ago, foreveraloneguy said:

And yet other rumors state that Beth is working closely with the SKSE team. That makes more sense given that SKSE is updating within 48 hours of new patches. But really, as someone who's worked on the dev and QA sides of the house, you'd be surprised how easy it is for little bugs to slip through. That's why we say no code is ever finished. You just have release builds.

I'm just ranting while wearing my tinfoil condoms.  I hope they get everything worked out and I can finally play a stable AE EXE and add some performance back to Skyrim SE.  I've been trying and failing to get close to 60FPS at 4k/2180p with an ENB in anything but boost mode for years now.

On 12/14/2021 at 10:06 AM, duzellx said:

really hating bethesda not leaving the game alone, we are back to a now monthly breakdown of mods like it was in the beginning 

testing new cbpc/jc and my game still wont launch, new racemenu also  -_ - this is annoying 

I wish they could just make up their minds. Like, do you want to leave it broken and just let the community do their thing, or do you want to do the work yourselves? I guess on a less sarcastic note, it's nice that they care enough to release patches. It just sucks for those of us who enjoy running mods, and especially sucks for the mad-lads like me that have a curated list of over 200 mods (about 400 in my case).

Edited by ugrena
wording was a bit too agressive