(Mod Organizer) Accidently Resorted Install Order Priority to Alphabetical Order

TapingFan

I was trying to fix some issues with my Profiles and when I deleted an extra Profile Mod Organizer decided to reorganize the install Priority list to alphabetical.  I need some help with getting it organized, but first I need to now how to make a list of the Priorities.   First post told me what file to post.

modlist.txt

I fixed it by figuring out how to show when I installed the Mods, won't help if you install and then sort, but I was installing in order.

Do you mean the left hand list?

(For right hand list, (i.e. esm/esp priority), you can use Resaver. Load a save then export it plugins, then recreate the MO loadorder.txt file from that) 

For left hand list I suspect you are a bit out of luck if you don't have a backup of the modlist.txt

edit

Did you delete all the profiles or just one? In which case you could get the modlist.txt, (for left pane), from one of the other profiles. Or if it was a straight delete just undelete the profile you deleted. (i.e its just a folder with some text files in). (*) Assumes you haven't done any crazy disk changes since..,

as much as i hate to say this

without a undelete program (as suggested by Spoonsinger) you will have to recreate it by hand.

the load order will be a help at least (set the one you have for load order in left pane same as right pane), but there will be some you will

have to "bite the bullet" on and do by hand all over again

something to consider is making periodic backup to a different drive (i do this to a external hard drive), you do not have to keep every

backup made, but it sure solves this much faster and easier than any other way

with backups i keep just 2 - the current one, and the last one before that that worked right (as far as i could tell playing the game).

i know not much help this time, but if you do this it can be a lifesaver if it happens again.

1 hour ago, TapingFan said:

Well thanks.  Not quite what I wanted but better than nothing.

You are not the only one to whom this has happened once, and MO allows you to recover at least the informations from the profile you created but with some restrictions unfortunately:

Spoiler

Mod Organizer allows you to backup your profile's modlist in the Left Pane and restore it if the need arises. To backup your profile's modlist, click the Create Backup Document-save.png button to the right of the profile drop-down menu. Backing this up will NOT backup your INI files, BSA order, or plugin list (load order). You can, however, backup your profile's plugin list in the Plugins tab in the Right Pane. To restore a previous modlist, click the Restore Backup... Restore backup MO.png button to the right of the profile drop-down menu. Upon restoring a backup, any mods not active at time of backup will be unchecked, and all priority changes since the backup will be reverted. Also, any new mods since the backup will be unticked and in alphabetical order at the bottom of your modlist.

Quote from Guide: Mod Organiser - S.T.E.P. Project Wiki

valcon767 gave you the best solution in his previous post.

3 hours ago, Fifoo said:

You are not the only one to whom this has happened once, and MO allows you to recover at least the informations from the profile you created but with some restrictions unfortunately:

Reveal hidden contents

Mod Organizer allows you to backup your profile's modlist in the Left Pane and restore it if the need arises. To backup your profile's modlist, click the Create Backup Document-save.png button to the right of the profile drop-down menu. Backing this up will NOT backup your INI files, BSA order, or plugin list (load order). You can, however, backup your profile's plugin list in the Plugins tab in the Right Pane. To restore a previous modlist, click the Restore Backup... Restore backup MO.png button to the right of the profile drop-down menu. Upon restoring a backup, any mods not active at time of backup will be unchecked, and all priority changes since the backup will be reverted. Also, any new mods since the backup will be unticked and in alphabetical order at the bottom of your modlist.

Quote from Guide: Mod Organiser - S.T.E.P. Project Wiki

valcon767 gave you the best solution in his previous post.

Yeah, unfortunately I deleted the profile a while ago, but I just realized that I could show the time that I installed the mods and that was also my load order as well.

11 hours ago, Uncle64 said:

You are not alone that have done that thing :frown:

Let us take one drink for lost profiles :beer:

Oh yes! Your servant had this problem during the first installation of MO a ... few years back. Ah! The magic of discovery: sometimes you learn from your own mistakes and those of others too. Thank you for raising the glass to the health of our lost profiles. :classic_wink:

Archived