1 hour ago, coleman1 said:

Just to be sure, that means the traits will be defined twice. Once in Darkmod and once in my mod (I need to define them otherwise the mod won't be vanilla compatible anymore).

How will CK2 behave when encountering both traits? Will it simply merge them since they have the exact same name?

Both traits will exist in the game with different numbers assigned to them.  However, they will have the same name and then only 1 of the 2 will get assigned by the code.  The problems only really happen when the traits have different definitions so players see the same trait responding differently.  The other problem can happen in cases where the traits can randomly show up rather than be assigned by code.  Then it becomes possible for 1 character to have the same trait twice.  I haven't looked at the trait code recently, but if that is a potential problem then I'll figure a way to work around it with scripted triggers and effects that key off of a global flag that identifies your mod is active.  (I think you had one... if not, I strongly recommend one for any mode out there until (if) Paradox puts in code that lets us look to see if a mod is active.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new version is now out. Get 1.02 while its still hot!!

Let me know what you think of it.

V1.02
-----
- Added random event causing foreskin problems (for those who have one!).
- As per some request I have received, options relating to female circumcision were added.
    This content is turned OFF by default and needs to be enabled in the game rules.
- Added ability to infibulate your daughters on puberty or later (or your wife or any female prisoner you wish!).
    Can be very usefull if you are worried about bastards in the family line (female circ content needs to be enabled for this option).

• 1 month later...

I corrected the CCCore and game rule file and uploaded version 1.04.

I've been running a new version i'm working on (1.05) so that might be why I had not noticed it was crashing the game. I'm also usually running it along with darkmod so that might be why it was not crashing my game.

Let me know if this new version works for you or if you spot anything else thats wrong.

On 5/16/2018 at 7:02 PM, a1b2c3d4e5f6h7i8 said:

Hi, I'm on CK2 2.8.2 and your mod (no other mods are loaded) crashes the game at the loading game phase.

Regards.

Edit: I have run the validator and I 've found the problem, an = sign was missing from CCCore.txt and there was an extra } in the rules file.

If you don't mind I'll upload the fixed files:

cc_game_rules.txt

CCCore.txt

• 1 month later...

Just uploaded version 1.05

Here is whats new.

V1.05
-----
- Fixed some icons not correctly linked.
- First generation of player controlled characters from circumcising cultures no longer always start uncircumcised.
- Fixed a bug where circumcising cultures were not presented the choice to circumcise prisoners.
- Adjusted consequences (prestige, piety, etc) of circumcision decision depending on parents cultures and status.

Just uploaded version 1.06

Here is whats new.

V1.06
-----

- Wards are now treated as children when it comes to circumcision decisions.
- Spouses now have an opinion on the circumcision preference of their spouse.
- Spouses now properly react to a change in circumcision status.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a few ideas for new features for the next version. But I would love some feedback from people using the mod. Let me know what features you would prefer to see added to the mod.

• 1 month later...

If you need art for this I can supply. On that same note, perhaps having a trait with a low chance of spawning like, circumcision discomfort?

IE: it was botched, or the person who was cut is unhappy with it happening; such as a child or adult being unhappy with it due to spouse reasons etc.

Also an ancient restoration device would be the Kynodesme, which was traditionally tied around the posthion of uncut men to prevent the glans from showing in public, but some jewish individuals who wanted to integrate into roman or greek cultures (go to bathhouses and and etc) Would also pull shaft skin forward to hide the glans in the same way with the same Kynodesme.

The https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibula_(penile) also existed in roman culture for much of the same purpose.

Another suggestion is an event where the spouse or betrothed may ask them to become circumcised based on personal preference?

On 9/8/2018 at 11:11 PM, GDelscribe said:

If you need art for this I can supply. On that same note, perhaps having a trait with a low chance of spawning like, circumcision discomfort?

IE: it was botched, or the person who was cut is unhappy with it happening; such as a child or adult being unhappy with it due to spouse reasons etc.

Another suggestion is an event where the spouse or betrothed may ask them to become circumcised based on personal preference?

There already is a chance that the circumcision decision will result in an accident rendering the male very infertile (but not completely).

Each spouses express a preference with their husband's circ status upon the wedding (positive or negative depending on the person).

I will look into adding an active demand from the spouse to get circ, that would be interesting.

I'll send you a PM about the art. I have no artistic talent so i would be very interested about your offer.

Just uploaded version 1.07

Here is whats new.

V1.07
-----
- Better prisoners feed back.
- Characters can now develop new circ preference when doing it a lot.
- Having adult prisoners circumcised makes them unhappy about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 10 months later...

How about making it possible for females to circumcise themselves? How about more interractions with Guardians/teachers: like "suggest circumcision" etc.? Ideas for other mods: 1. How about choosing possibilities of "educate as a boy" or "educate as a girl"? 2. How about choosing possibilities of veiling women or not? 3. How about possibilities of interracting with a teacher something like "ask an advice" on any matter?

• 6 months later...

I am thinking about a mod that allows to interact with the Guardian. Like asking opinion about the state affairs if during the regency. Would be very useful if the Guardian is of Another religion and Culture. Like asking opinion about clothes if they belong to Another Culture. Like the decision of starting the Holy War (the Guardian can be against it). Maybe add some racism and multiculture. How about religious freedom law? Or the possibility like Learning the language of the Guardian (I mean not by traditional education but as an Active interaction on the guardian's portrait. Adding a trait "Can speak additional language". How about showing obedience for the Guardian (like trying to make him or her glad)? I don't know how to make mods but I have some ideas.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, just popping by if the author is still working on this, but there is a technical difference between what is called "female circumcision" and what is actually female circumcision. Embryologically speaking, the foreskin of the clitoris is what actually matches the foreskin of the penis, so including this is a good idea. It allows mod authors such as that of Lesbocracy to reverse-implement this very Abrahamic tradition in the right way.

• 1 month later...

I noticed an issue where men in prison that are not members of your court can get the operation, the trait disappears(doesnt get replaced with opposite), they get the negative opinion modifier and then a couple days/weeks later the original trait respawns. Any idea why this happens?

• 2 months later...
On 4/10/2020 at 5:41 AM, AITH said:

I noticed an issue where men in prison that are not members of your court can get the operation, the trait disappears(doesnt get replaced with opposite), they get the negative opinion modifier and then a couple days/weeks later the original trait respawns. Any idea why this happens?

Does this happens when the prisoners chooses it himself?

Did it happen while you were prisoners, for one of your prisoners or you seen it happen between 2 non player characters?

1 hour ago, coleman1 said:

What would you see as the effect of that decision?

Something like "girlie" or "boyish" with prestige damage or opinion damage. Probably succession change but it is maybe too complicated. I mean, making decision for the rulers how to educate kids and not choosing for himself or herself being a trap. Maybe making some events. It would be great to have possibility to communicate with the teacher, especially from different culture and religion. Like "show interest of the teacher's religion" or "show interest of the teacher's culture". Probably with events like "dress like the teacher's clothes" or "learn the teacher's language". I mean when the ruler is underage. Probably, the teacher can suggest to invite some teacher's friend to the court or to choose "appropriate" husband or wife or to choose all the court's titles (I mean who will get it).

• 3 weeks later...

It would be nice if the female circumcision would remove lusty trait or something like that. About the education as a boy or girl. I don't really like the present trap mods because it gives permanent traits but it is actually an individual decision to wear the clothes of the opposite sex or not. And the person can change their mind at any time. About the guardian: it would be nice to add some racism to the guardian. Like demanding the child to wear the clothes of the guardian's culture. Or demanding to speak the guardian's language. The traits would be like "wearing the "guardian culture" clothes" or "speaking the guardian language" without fully adopting another culture. For example the crusader ruler of the Kingdom of Jerusalem would have the possibility wearing local clothes but keeping the French culture. It would be nice if there were some adoption possibilities for the guardian if the ruler is an orphan. The adoption would increase the guardian's power. I am not sure about all the details, but I hope you understand the main idea.

I like your suggestion about the lustful trait. I had not considered it, but it is very much in line with this mod circumcision decision.

The other suggestions are very nice, but I feel like they should be in their own mod.

I have not worked on this mod in a long time. I'll see if I have a bit of time to modify it further. But I might just wait for ck3 as it is close to release and I expect most people will move from ck2 to ck3 relatively quickly since it has a lot more flexibility and better graphics (not that ck2 is hard to beat in graphic quality!)

• 6 months later...
On 8/6/2020 at 3:00 PM, coleman1 said:

I like your suggestion about the lustful trait. I had not considered it, but it is very much in line with this mod circumcision decision.

The other suggestions are very nice, but I feel like they should be in their own mod.

I have not worked on this mod in a long time. I'll see if I have a bit of time to modify it further. But I might just wait for ck3 as it is close to release and I expect most people will move from ck2 to ck3 relatively quickly since it has a lot more flexibility and better graphics (not that ck2 is hard to beat in graphic quality!)

I am glad you like my suggestions. It would be nice if the guardian's prestige and piety would increase if the child accepted the demands (the head of the religion would grant some gifts for the guardian). And it would be nice if the relations between the guardian and the child would continue after the adulthood.