I feel so weird asking this, but do you guys think Dunmer circumcise?

nopenopenope1

2 hours ago, Lady Horus said:

As an extension of the question in terms of the game, is there any mod in existence for uncircumcised genitalia? I can't say I've seen any so far (not that I've done a whole lot of looking if I'm honest). How difficult would it be to animate something like that?

As for SoS, in addition to leito's schlong, Baddog's Hoddie and its derivative also employ uncircumcised model.  

SAM also has its foreskin variant. 

BD's hoddie only has a kind of 'animation', and it achieves a (pseudo-) foreskin retraction during its erection by swapping different models of male genitals.

So, I assume that the seamless animation of skins would be difficult without such method.

1 hour ago, y_sengaku said:

As for SoS, in addition to leito's schlong, Baddog's Hoddie and its derivative also employ uncircumcised model.  

SAM also has its foreskin variant. 

BD's hoddie only has a kind of 'animation', and it achieves a (pseudo-) foreskin retraction during its erection by swapping different models of male genitals.

So, I assume that the seamless animation of skins would be difficult without such method.

2 hours ago, JackBikwik said:

There is! Leito's work features natural penises, though of course without fully retractable foreskin.  The SAM body had foreskin as well.  I've also seen people using Bodyslide builds to "manufacture" foreskin.  Whenever possible, I will always go for natal genitalia, so I've done quite a bit of looking.

Thanks for the answers to the both of you. :smile: I was mostly just curious since I can't recall seeing those although I've used SOS before. I'm glad to know there are those options out there for those who may want them.

4 hours ago, Lady Horus said:

Well, if the question came up as a result of fanart, perhaps the artist just drew what they thought was aesthetically pleasing rather than going by technicalities. Some people prefer uncircumcised and others don't, and as far as art goes that is up to them what they choose to depict. Even if it goes against the official lore.

My only problem with such a thing, is that even if I can respect that, I find it a little odd. Just as I find it odd how many other choices are made in various works, when it is instantly clear that it was a choice made only because it is what the artist or writer wanted, and while that sort of thing can work, it can seem to be a lack of care on their part - since the suggestion is there, but the act is as if that part just does not matter. 

In this case of this specifically, the choice can easily be based on the artist or writers preference, and it does not really go any deeper than that. Though technically it does, since choosing that sort of look for a character's penis means that, yes, this is something that happened to them, no matter whose choice it was. 

I had forgotten about this discussion after my needlessly long comment and popped back in to see what's changed.  Surprised at how long the conversation's been going.  I just want to chime in on a couple things.  After my comment Sexdwarf mentioned the practice was regional rather than geographical, but it did develop (according to wikipedia, the only authority I have access to on removing foreskins) across much of the world, practiced by some Australian, Polynesian and American indigenous peoples.  Obviously my point before about it being a hygiene thing in dry areas doesn't hold much water (it's a pun) when all of that is considered.  What's more, someone else mentioned a big reason circumcision could have come about was to discourage sexual activity outside of the whole baby making thing, which a lot of the time is itself a religious thing.  In vague relation to that, some in game books make mention that Dunmer are stereotyped as being promiscuous.  If circumcision reduces promiscuity, and Dunmer are pretty free love, maybe it would be more likely they WOULDN'T practice circumcision, just by a sort of cause/effect type of reasoning, as long as the myth about their sexuality has some truth to it.  Unless the in game stereotype only applies to Dunmer women, in which case the whole theory I've been working on there goes out the window and it'd come back down to something of a coin toss.

Archived