How do I disable the "menstrual cycle"?

30 minutes ago, lil-peach said:

So I have the WW mod and such, I love it it's great. But one thing I can't stand is the menstrual cycle female sims will have that gives them the moodlet "Cramps." My new sim got that RIGHT when she started in live mode. How do I disable it?

just change it to % pregnancy chance.

1 hour ago, lil-peach said:

So I have the WW mod and such, I love it it's great. But one thing I can't stand is the menstrual cycle female sims will have that gives them the moodlet "Cramps." My new sim got that RIGHT when she started in live mode. How do I disable it?

Go to the pregnancy settings and change it to Simple Pregnancy, then make sure you set a % chance to both PC and NPC. Otherwise, your own playable sims will never get a chance to get pregnant unless that's what you want.

8 hours ago, vinivn said:

What choices should I leave for my menstruating SIM?

If you are using period/menstruation based pregnancy then i do not think you need to do the % option? But instead the percentage chance that your sim will get pregnant will be based on where she is in her menstrual cycle. And also based on if she has done fertility treatments or not.

So if your sims are menstruating you do not need to set a "pregnancy percentage" chance at all.

Actually checking in game it seems like "Player Pregnancy Chance" and "NPC Pregnancy Chance" options completely disappear when you have the Pregnancy Mode set to "Menstrual Cycle Mode" instead of "Simple Mode".

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2018 at 1:52 PM, HentaiGnome said:

Go to the pregnancy settings and change it to Simple Pregnancy, then make sure you set a % chance to both PC and NPC. Otherwise, your own playable sims will never get a chance to get pregnant unless that's what you want.

Thanks this helped me out to

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Huh. The thing I like most about WickedWhims is the way it makes the game more real. I mean, cis women bleed, get PMS, etc. I honor the designer for not providing a way to turn this off. I suppose he could add a hysterectomy option....

One thing: I'm a dude, ignorant about all things menstrual. Should my female Sims not on the pill use pad? Tampons? Both?

20 hours ago, VerySickboy said:

Huh. The thing I like most about WickedWhims is the way it makes the game more real. I mean, cis women bleed, get PMS, etc. I honor the designer for not providing a way to turn this off. I suppose he could add a hysterectomy option....

One thing: I'm a dude, ignorant about all things menstrual. Should my female Sims not on the pill use pad? Tampons? Both?

What do you mean there's not a way to turn it off? There's a setting to turn off virtually everything in WW. Don't like something? You can turn it off. If you change the Pregnancy setting to Simple Pregnancy then Sims will not menstruate.

If Sims are bleeding then you can use a pad, a tampon, or both.

• 7 months later...
On 6/15/2019 at 9:24 PM, VerySickboy said:

cis women? just say women... like whats with the cis these days... 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

menstrual cycle, tampons, PMS ... this should be off by default. it's a game, not real life. when I went to school the boys and the girls were separated to learn sex education stuff (about males and females autonomy) there is a reason for this. guys don't want to deal with a girl's cramps or bloody mess no more than a girl wants to make sure her guy is jerking off at least once in a while if he ain't getting any. It's a game, certain elements should be turned off by default and if you really want to deal with her tampons and are just dying to do this in the game for her you can turn it on manually ... I came back to play updated sims after a very long break, and now I need to deal with tampons, my sims all walk around with bags on their heads, my garbage can have flies and cockroaches crawling all around them, there are dust bunnies everywhere that actually live and you cant clean the floors, and who the hell takes a shower for 30 minutes ?? and I won't even get into about the stupid vampire that walked in my house and into my room and helped himself to my blood, and yet the whole time if you really wanted to push limits of your sims and maybe spank your child for discipline or your lover/peer for your own perversion with proper moodlets and consequences for being spanked for child or lover there is still, after all this time, nothing? so it's ok to deal with your sims bloody mess and moods and have their needs pushed on you but don't you dare spank your child or your lover. seriously, what kind of three-ring circus did you guys turn this game into?? I'm going back the way I came and will uninstall it ...