i thought this was not to breack f4se U LYE

I now keep copies of the fallou4.exe files for just such an event.  It's against the forum's policies to post directly Bethesda game files - but I can offer you a method to resolve this by using the Steam downloader archive, to back date your game to an earlier version.

This is simple and takes all of 5 min.  Note you WILL be using an older version of the game, and any new features will not be included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLQI_DVZfaQ

2 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

I now keep copies of the fallou4.exe files for just such an event.  It's against the forum's policies to post directly Bethesda game files - but I can offer you a method to resolve this by using the Steam downloader archive, to back date your game to an earlier version.

This is simple and takes all of 5 min.  Note you WILL be using an older version of the game, and any new features will not be included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLQI_DVZfaQ

"Downloading depot 377162 (48 MB) ...
Depot download failed : error unpacking chunk for file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\content\app_377160\depot_377162\Fallout4.exe"

sigh...

I've just updated my game and to the new F4SE 0.6.5 - no mods are loaded only Bethesda stuff (main game and DLC) and F4SE.

I can launcher the game normally but not with F4SE.  I think from checking my earlier logs it caused by Creation Club - now I have little to no idea of the cause. can any help Identify what the problem is?

papyrus log.txt

11 hours ago, Miarc007 said:

I've just updated my game and to the new F4SE 0.6.5 - no mods are loaded only Bethesda stuff (main game and DLC) and F4SE.

I can launcher the game normally but not with F4SE.  I think from checking my earlier logs it caused by Creation Club - now I have little to no idea of the cause. can any help Identify what the problem is?

papyrus log.txt

Try redownloading and manually installing F4se into your game folder instead of the installer.  There should be a manual install version on the silverlock site.  

6 hours ago, Lodakai said:

Try redownloading and manually installing F4se into your game folder instead of the installer.  There should be a manual install version on the silverlock site.  

How odd...I was going to say that I usually do a manually install all the time (don't like the installer as I can never tell if it works) - but I though alright I'll do it again for the 5th? 6th? time, and what do you know it suddenly starts working.

But thanks anyway for the assist!

Archived