Windsifter/Change Race Concepts

8 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Play and tell me what you think.

Just gave it a try, and it seems pretty solid altogether. The customization options are neat and they all work seemingly without bugs, the hair/head parts work too, the feet look great, the facial anims are pretty good... Only comments I have about it is the bug when loading tints for the slider presets (but you know that already), the fact that NPCs don't seem to get the wings for some reason, and the wings themselves being a bit wonky and distorted when folded (they look just fine when unfolded during flight/glide, though).

Looking forward to seeing how females turn out too, but males are very good so far.

Totally awesome, they look great! The customization options give a huge variety of looks. I've never used the wing mod before, so I wasn't sure if the wings are supposed to change color to match the body, because for me they didn't.

Everything worked fine with sexlab stuff, although it makes some of oral/feet/hand animations quite scary! These guys are quite pointy all over...

Heh, yes, like some of the werewolf animations. No way I'm putting my thing in that.

Wings don't get the body color. If I can't resolve that I'll make a few more wing colors.

I am hurting for RaceMenu advice. The documentation on it pretty much sux (except for creating sliders, which is good). It does a bunch of things I really need but I don't know how it does them so I can't duplicate them. In particular,

• I can't make it show a message when you bring up a new option on a slider, even though it does that for its sliders
  • I don't know how it's applying tints. I don't know why the tints on my presets aren't being applied when you switch through presets in RM. 
  • I can't drink a potion and apply a magic effect while racemenu is up. It all gets queued up until racemenu is closed.

I have no control over the wing animations. I don't like how the secondaries and tertiaries reduce in size as the wings fold. (Probably looks fine for dragon wings where you have a stretchy membrane that shrinks.) I think it's literally scaling so I can't fix that with weight painting.

Also I have very little control over how wings get applied. They are the visible aspect of a magic effect, so you would think any way you applied the magic effect they would show up, but not so. You have to drink a potion to get them to show up. I ran through the code and the forms and can't figure out why. 

So yeah, the NPCs don't get wings yet. If I can't figure out the potion thing I'll give them all wing mutagens in their inventories and add a trigger so if a mutagen is added to an NPC's inventory they drink it right away. That way not only will they have the wings they started with, but you can given them different wings by giving them different potions.

Archived