Requiem v4.0.2 for SSE (incl. AE) Conversion Guide for Mod Organizer

I

4 hours ago, o9506124 said:

Converted Fozar's Requiem - Dragonborn Patch version 2.0.x for Requiem 2.0.2 on the Skyrim Special Edition.

Changed master USLEEP to USSEP

Repacked BSA (not NIF optimised, just repacked)

.esp converted to form 44 in CK

Original mod page: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78139

Requiem - Dragonborn Patch.rar

Hey,

sadly your port is broken. I encountered numerous naked guards/reavers with black faces.

I actually tried to port fozar's patch myself a while ago and ecountered the same problem. I was unable to fix this and ended up giving up.

7 hours ago, xcontric said:

I

Hey,

sadly your port is broken. I encountered numerous naked guards/reavers with black faces.

I actually tried to port fozar's patch myself a while ago and ecountered the same problem. I was unable to fix this and ended up giving up.

Thanks for taking a look. Looks like some of the IDs "could not be resolved".

EDIT: I know what's wrong. I'll fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having java issues. I installed the already converted requiem, but I can't find the correct java to download. I downloaded the latest version and I am getting this error: "error:unable to access jarfile X:\skyrim mods\old skyrim - Requiem SSE\skyproc patchers\requiem\Reqtificator.jar"

Any ideas of what might be causing this? Is there a way to download the correct java program?

is my argument correct? -jar "D:\Skyrim Mods\Old Skyrim - Requiem SSE\SkyProc Patchers\Requiem\Reqtificator.jar"

im using jdk 11.0.2

I just downloaded java 8 and it didnt work either

Binary: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_201\bin\javaw.exe

2 hours ago, afdafd said:

I'm having trouble with the FaceGen data. For some reason the CK doesn't automatically export the data for me and most bandits and guards have the infamous dark face. 

I think CK fixes disables the automatic export, you can still do it manually, and probably change it in the ini.

Hi there I was wondering if anyone can help me fix a problem I'm having.

I have downloaded the 2.0.2 converted fomod and it all installs fine but when I try to run the Reqtificator it gets to the end and says it has completed the patch but it dose not make the esp for requiem for the indifferent or a log file or anything, it's like it's not been run at all.

I have tried running it with just Requiem and with a couple of mods, even tried a fall new install but nothing has worked, any help I can get would be appreciated as I have been at it for days now and have no idea what could be wrong.

I'm not sure whether I failed to install something properly or what, but I've run into a few problems so far.

First off, my Reqtificator refuses to open. I'm running it through Mod Organizer, following the instructions as stated here. I get the attached error message. 

Also, when attempting step 4, changing the unofficial patch master, right-clicking the name of the patch (to change it) won't prompt the option to "Edit" (as seen in the image below).

These are the only 2 problems I've had so far, but I haven't attempted anything beyond this step of changing the patch name. 

Anyway, I'm doing it manually because I'm not sure what to do with the files I get from downloading the premade thing. If someone could tell me that, maybe there won't be a need to try to fix these other problems.

Hope I get a reply soon 

vR45TLY.png

o1ggo2R.png

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the "UPDATED-Bugsmasher.rar" for Requiem 2.0.2 on the OP's file server does not have Requiem.esp as a master and as a result has a lot of unresolved errors in SSEEdit. Is this intentional? Should I be using a different Bugsmasher from somewhere else?

Edit: Re-downloaded 'Requiem_v2.0.2_for_SSE-FULL.zip' and tried that version of the Bugsmasher. No errors. Guess we should use that.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, ddddd999 said:

I'm having java issues. I installed the already converted requiem, but I can't find the correct java to download. I downloaded the latest version and I am getting this error: "error:unable to access jarfile X:\skyrim mods\old skyrim - Requiem SSE\skyproc patchers\requiem\Reqtificator.jar"

Any ideas of what might be causing this? Is there a way to download the correct java program?

is my argument correct? -jar "D:\Skyrim Mods\Old Skyrim - Requiem SSE\SkyProc Patchers\Requiem\Reqtificator.jar"

im using jdk 11.0.2

I just downloaded java 8 and it didnt work either

Binary: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_201\bin\javaw.exe

i also had trouble with that argmument stuff, nagged at permissions. solution was to remove the filepath from the argument line so it simply shows -jar reqtificator.jar. then the reqtificator runs.

if you use mod-organizer, just create your shortcut for the file-list by going into the data-tab, then to the skyproc- patchers directory, and go down until you find the reqtificator.jar. rightclick this, and "add as executable", then edit the argument-line so it just shows the short version i posted above.

if you dont use MO or MO2 and have the requiem stuff installed otherwise, you need to use the reqtificator file from the skyrim data directory. your error-description indicates that you used just the unpacked mod, not the installed version. (difficult to explain, i am no native english speaker...)

On 3/2/2019 at 5:56 PM, arcaneangst said:

I can't rename the Master File in SSEEdit. There is no 'edit' option for me when I right click. Ideas?

-IKnowWhatImDoing -AllowMasterFilesEdit

Add those to the Arguments section of the SSEEdit executable in Mod Organizer.

The "-IKnowWhatImDoing" setting disables a few other "safety" features. You can remove it after you're finished if you're worried about messing something up.

I tried to convert 3.0 by inserting the class files in the Reqtificator and then basically doing the 2.0.2 guide, it only sort of works. Reqtificator and everything runs fine, the game starts, requiem loads but in the opening scene the cart gets stuck on a building in Helgen for some reason, if I use an alternate start mod things seem to work fine but I did not test thoroughly. There propably is a bunch of problems. I am going to be staying on 2.0.2 until someone more qualified ports 3.0.

1 hour ago, spe1l said:

I tried to convert 3.0 by inserting the class files in the Reqtificator and then basically doing the 2.0.2 guide, it only sort of works. Reqtificator and everything runs fine, the game starts, requiem loads but in the opening scene the cart gets stuck on a building in Helgen for some reason, if I use an alternate start mod things seem to work fine but I did not test thoroughly. There propably is a bunch of problems. I am going to be staying on 2.0.2 until someone more qualified ports 3.0.

Have you checked  requiem for the indiferente.esp in tes5edit to find inconsistencies? 

15 hours ago, llanga said:

Have you checked  requiem for the indiferente.esp in tes5edit to find inconsistencies? 

No, my SSEdit knowledge is pretty basic so I would not really know what to look for, stuff like weapon damage and armor ratings were fine though.

Edit: I checked with SSEdit, there are still inconsistencies betweeen converted and unconverted Requiem esps (DNAM), other than that I still have the same problem of scripts acting up in the opening and the carriage getting stuck in the wall, might be related to bugmasher being merged into requiem esp or whatever but the guide seems to no longer be working out of the box.

If anybody gets around to updating the conversion guide, consider adding this as an extra step:

Converted Oldrim mods that modify outdoor cells and worldspaces (like Requiem does) need to have their waterflow data updated to use the new SSE flow mechanics.

Apply this script to Requiem.esp in SSEEdit to update everything automatically.

I guess if you have a water overhaul mod loading after Requiem this won't be necessary.

But since LOOT for SSE doesn't work with Requiem, I imagine most people are manually putting it last in the load order.

Instead of doing the normal SSE conversion process, do you think it would be fine to use this tool: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23316?tab=files

It handles meshes, textures, BSAs and animations all in one go.

It's very highly recommended, and makes sure not to optimize meshes incorrectly. (The NIF Optimizer tends to decrease the quality of meshes significantly, and can "attack" even meshes that aren't going to cause crashes)

We'd still need to convert the ESP, swap masters, etc.

Also: The guide needs to be updated to include the use of the SSE Creation Kit Fixes mod. With it, there's no need to ESMify masters anymore.