S.A.M. vs S.O.S., Which is better? Show me your creations!

I've been a long time user of SOS, but I've recently discovered that a good chunk of my favorite adult Skyrim models are in fact made with SAM. SAM seems to give off more of the bara body appeal while SOS is your average gym goer. Personally, I'm more fond of SAM. I don't know if the change from SOS to SAM would be worth it. Any opinions? I'd like to get a better feel between the two before making a final decision. Thank you!

giphy.gif

The only thing that I'm missing from SOS is the schlong-bending feature, was really usefull for some animations. Otherwise I'd always prefer SAM, because you can literally modify the body of every race/character, but it requires some effort to customize.

Which is better is subjective and all falls down to what a person prefers. I don' really care what the males look like so I just use SOS I mostly don't use them and have them muted as well as their sounds are annoying. I pay more attention to my female characters and 2+ female characters can do the same thing the male characters can do.

It depends, really. SAM is excellent for providing variety, but it's also great for achieving a specific look you might have in mind for your males ; and that doesn't necessarily mean extreme body types, it's perfectly capable of producing thin and average men.

The biggest drawback to SAM is that it is performance heavy, and that is the main reason why I would not recommend it to the average person looking for a male body mod. The performance hit just isn't going to be worth it for most people. There also aren't many armor options available for it. The vanilla stuff has been converted but there isn't much in the way of modded armors. Making your own conversions for SAM isn't hard to do, but because it has two extra morphs it's harder and takes more time than making them in comparison to making conversions for other bodies.

As for schlong bending, it can still be achieved with SAM by downloading b3lisario's schlong controller ring.

The only other deciding factor after that is whether or not you have any SoS mods that you aren't willing to part with. Since none of these things are an issue to me, I use SAM. But if any of them were, I probably would have stayed with SoS.

Thanks for the responses! How extreme would you say it affects the performance? I've got a good amount of memory, so I don't think it should hit too hard. (though maybe I should rid myself of the excess resolutions mods just to be safe) As far as SOS extras go, I don't have too many. I got the equippable schlong mod by b3lisario and that's pretty much it.

As far as my gameplay goes, I try to be inclusive with both male and female dovahkiin, though I lean more towards females since the amount of extra content for them is astounding and anything but too few and far in-between. So any suggestions for male contient I'd love to get a hold of, even if it means sacrificing some cpu.

12 minutes ago, BigBeautifulAphrodite said:

How extreme would you say it affects the performance?

they are just repeating some old stuff from oblivion time...

180104101229752960.jpg

why not just check?

180104101234355232.jpg

use neither sos or sam so their performance impact...

180104101226709898.jpg

unp fair skin is 0.4 fps for me (65 mb), m6 is 1 fps (118 mb)

that's nothing

1 hour ago, BigBeautifulAphrodite said:

Thanks for the responses! How extreme would you say it affects the performance? I've got a good amount of memory, so I don't think it should hit too hard. (though maybe I should rid myself of the excess resolutions mods just to be safe) As far as SOS extras go, I don't have too many. I got the equippable schlong mod by b3lisario and that's pretty much it.

As far as my gameplay goes, I try to be inclusive with both male and female dovahkiin, though I lean more towards females since the amount of extra content for them is astounding and anything but too few and far in-between. So any suggestions for male contient I'd love to get a hold of, even if it means sacrificing some cpu.

it isn't too terrible, if I had to rate it from a scale of 1-10 it would be a 6.5. Because of the nature of the mod and how it assigns unique values to each nearby male it becomes most noticeable whenever you're in an area with a lot of male NPC's. And because towns tend to have a lot of male guards standing around, I had to cut back on town overhauls and things like that... but I am playing on a somewhat older machine.

I think if performance is your only concern and you're willing to take a bit of a hit or maybe make some sacrifices, it could definitely be worth giving a shot. It could even be possible that you wouldn't have to sacrifice anything at all

I would go back to using SAM if someone converted Immersive Armors.  I did enjoy the body type and appearance variety.  The first time I dropped it, my PC was older and did take a noticeable performance hit.  Now I don't use it because there isn't much support for it after all this time.  Not enough armor/outfits, and I found the Racemenu mod for it to be buggy.  I never used SOS, so I can't judge it.

Thanks for all of your help you guys. I have a relatively new computer, I got it back in early October of last year. Runs Windows 10. I haven't had too many mod issues as far as performance goes. Most of my issues used to revolve around idiocracy and not doing something as simple as using FNIS or a mod load order. From what you've all said, it seems like it wouldn't hurt my machine too bad. I'll probably have to tone down some of my HDT stuff and aforementioned HD textures, but thats a small sacrifice in my eyes.

I think I'll go ahead and make the switch from SOS to SAM, and try my hand at making both male and female models that I like. I had to clean out my mods completely anyways, so making the switch doesn't sound like much of a hassle. 

Archived