What is your Favorite type of character for devious playthroughs?

startrecker

So I was getting back into Skyrim and as I was planning my character out I got to wondering something.  What do you guys and gals that play with more devious mods, cursed loot/surrender/defeat, etc. like to use as a character type?  Do you play more close range warrior, bigger risk if in close quarters combat, or do you prefer mage after all lots of toys react to magic, or are you a sneaky thief trying to be silent in bondage heels?  Myself I tend to be drawn to mage characters although that was my main character type before I even started using mods.

I use cursed loot for a little extra spice for my play throughs. The lucky charms become your best friend since almost anything you loot can be a trap lying in wait. :tongue:

Like most I prefer archer/sneak not because it's my favorite/easiest to play through the game with but because my pride and joy character is a Bosmer and to me anything else would feel kind of off. Every now and then I go pure wizard/sorceress to spice things up.

All of the presented options can be good for a Devious run, I think! My personal go-to is the submissive mage girl, who gets bound up tight and then has trouble using her magic without getting constantly excited by various plugs and piercings. :blush:

I don't tend to do stealth archery, but a bold warrior lady who gets brought down by some devices can also be a fun way to play the game, but in my head it always seems to be the magey-type that makes the most sense for me.

Since i've started modding i pretty much always play sneaky archers because it allows me to be strong and weak at the same time. Killing some guys is easy as long as i'm not detected, once i am... Defeat will most likely get a chance to trigger. ;) Not necessarily a Devious thing, though, and works much less nice if you use followers.

I mostly play as an assassin/conjurer very low defence but high damage, so a glass cannon basically. This suits my playstyle as I detest using followers (they just get in the way).

Personally, I don't think the character type or playstyle makes a lot of difference for a devious playthrough as they'll all be fun if you balance the event chance to your personal taste.

Heh... and on my end... i love to have a party... Arissia, Sofia, Lydia and Serana... at least 2 of them are always with me, and i sometimes rotate to other followers when needed

I have a few chars... one of my favorites is a two handed warrior/blacksmith... Once I can craft the Nordic armor it is all she uses (Keep improving it, but that IS her style) Se also has to go into a bit of archery... specially cause Populated Skyrim really REALLY make  things a lot harder heh

Have a few others... Mages are quite possibly the most vulnerable.. specially if using SD+... you are completely screwed then

12 hours ago, baronesa said:

Heh... and on my end... i love to have a party... Arissia, Sofia, Lydia and Serana... at least 2 of them are always with me, and i sometimes rotate to other followers when needed

I have a few chars... one of my favorites is a two handed warrior/blacksmith... Once I can craft the Nordic armor it is all she uses (Keep improving it, but that IS her style) Se also has to go into a bit of archery... specially cause Populated Skyrim really REALLY make  things a lot harder heh

Have a few others... Mages are quite possibly the most vulnerable.. specially if using SD+... you are completely screwed then

Almost the same setup here...  Sofia is a badass and her comments are fun (they do end up getting old after a long time with her though)  Arissa is great because she will go off on her own in towns.. it really makes it feel like she is her own person.   Serana is great, but I do disable her ability to raise the dead... it gets annoying when so many ashpiles end up everywhere.   I replace lydia with Zora fairchild from 3dnpc though.. Since Sofia hates her and I like sofia more! Zora also has REALLY good comments for just about everywhere you go.  Even warns you about some things she notices that could be problematical, or alerts you to details in quests you may have otherwise missed.   Although I replace her with a less harsh version of her handmarked face... a lighter more subtle scarring is preferable as the handmark gets very distracting.

I personally play as a thief/mage as well. Although my devious devices end up on people I capture rather than on myself.  It's nice to have so many options in your arsenal through spells.  With so many great  companions available to stand between you and trouble, its easy to stay out of the fray and logistically manipulate battles.  The best part of standing back and monitoring the battle from the rear is that you get a full view some of the badass killmoves from your companions and the exhilaration of saving their bacon when things look rough for them.   The thief skills help in setting up for combat ahead of time and scouting the area for logistical placement, when mana runs low I prefer to also swap out to a bow with mana stealing on it although I rarely end up in that situation.

I use sexlab util to stifle my mana regen to 0% with a 1k base bonus (adjusted it with TESVEdit)..  and only have a few ways to recover mana.   

- Acts of lovemaking are set up to recover my mana.

- I use caranthir tower and the welkynd stones can be used to replenish my mana in a pinch.

- potions.

- I have forgotten magic as well as ordinator that give me a few spells and skills that will regenerate my mana if any combat starts for a limited time.  This gives me just enough to get through although I have to monitor my usage.

- I have some food that gives me a little bit of mana.

- Also with sexlab util I changed it so that lovemaking will have a 25% chance of creating cream (food from CACO) on orgasm.   On npc's I can pickpocket this away, and from my followers I just collect it.  This cream I adjusted with TESVedit to give a major bonus to mana and stamina regen.  I eat the stuff like it's candy =p

Archived