I can't get the 4P sex animations to work

I have the latest version of the game, F4SE, and all of the other relevant mods installed, but I can't get any of the four-play sex animations installed.

When I try to have sex with an NPC, my player character and the NPC strip naked and simply stand there and nothing happens.

You can hear the sex sounds like moaning and panting though.

Uninstall them through NMM first.

Then:

Step 4 - Pick a mod manager: NMM, MO or Manual
  • I don't recommend manual installation at all. Things will get hectic very quickly.
  • Nexus Mod Manager is more stable but wastes a bit more HDD space, Mod Organizer causes CTDs at game startups occasionally.
  • Download a mod manager and use its respective installation wizard to install it.

Step 5 to 12 are tailored to which mod manager you use. They are very similar in principal though.

Step 5 - Run Nexus Mod Manager as Administrator

• The installation wizard should have placed a shortcut to start NMM on your desktop.
  • However, simply double-clicking on this can sometimes lead to issues.
  • Instead, right click on the icon, and click Run as administrator. Click Yes when prompted.
  • Nexus Mod Manager should now initialize. If asked about making plugins.txt non-read-only, click Yes.
  • You should now be in NMM's main interface with a huge selection of different mod categories. These are virtually useless for adult modding. So, click on the final button on the left column (the green one with two arrows pointing away from each other) to toggle a more user-friendly interface.

Step 6- Install Nude Bodies

• Download nude mods of your choice from Nexus. For female body, the most popular is CBBE. For male body, use EVB Male Erect Cut/ Uncut .
  • In NMM, click on the first button on the left column (big green plus sign). Browse to the one of the archive you just downloaded from Nexus for the nude female. Click OK. 
  • You'll see the name of the mod appear, but greyed out. Right click on the greyed-out text and select "Install and Activate".
  • You might also want to install nude bodies for GhoulsSynths and Dogs.
  • Repeat the above for the nude male mod.

Step 7 - Install Leito's Animation Pack

Step 8 - Install Four-Play Framework 

• Download Four-Play Framework latest version.
  • Install it just like you did for the other mods.
  • Switch to the 'Plugins' tab, make sure that both box next to four_play.esp is ticked (enabled).

Step 9 - Install Four-Play Community Patch

• This step will eventually be eliminated in the future, but for now, you need it
  • Download Four-Play Community Patch.
  • Install it just like you did for the other mods.

Step 10 - Install a few Four-Play Plugins of your Choice

• The Four-Play Framework is just that - a framework. It doesn't trigger any scenes by itself. You'll need the plugins (normally with the Four-Play prefixes) to set up the context for those sex scenes.
  • If you just want the ability to trigger sex scenes at will, select duration or start orgies, download and install Mindless Sex. For triggering sex scenes with a hotkey, use Four Play Sex Em Up.
  • Depending on your kinks, you might also want to download Four-Play ProstitutionViolateVanilla FudgeKidnappedAutonomy, or Family Planning. Read each plugin's description to determine whether you like them or not. Or install all of them. 
  • Install them just like you did for the other mods.

Step 11 - Optional

•  If you like some lesbian strap-on action, download and install Vioxsis's strap-ons like any other mod.
  • To have customizations for my FP plugins + more functionality, download and install the Control Panel like any other mod.
  • For more dynamic bodies, use Diverse Bodies to have each woman having a unique body shape. Use EITHER Four-Play Nudesuits OR Dongs of Fallout (don't use both) to allow males to change their erection state during sex.

Step 12 - Launch the Game via F4SE

• In the top-left corner of your screen, you'll see a big "Launch Fallout4" button. DON'T click on it just yet.
  • Instead, click on the little downward triangle next to it. Select Launch F4SE.
  • Now you can press the button to start the game via F4SE. You always have to start the game via F4SE for Four-Play to work properly.

The final two steps are universal for MO and NMM.

Step 13 - Load a Clean Save, Initialize Four-Play Framework and Leito's Animation Pack
  • Load any save without Four-Play installed on before. All the better if it's an unmodded save (without the [M]).
  • While in game, wait a few seconds. You should now get a popup asking which animation packs to load, select the appropriate option depending on which animation packs you have installed (I recommend installing all). On the top left corner of your screen, you should see the notification ""Vinfamy: Registered Leito's animations and intialized Four-Play with Supermutant support.". Followed by a bunch of "Vinfamy: Thanks for installing xyz" if you use my plugins.
  • These indicate that both Four-Play and Leito's animation pack has been installed correctly. If they don't show up or if you  get "Four-Play Framework has not been installed correctly. Animations won't start.", something went wrong and please double-check that you haven't missed any of the steps above. 

Step 14 - Enjoy!

• All your Four-Play plugins should now work as described. Leito's animations should now play, with sounds. Actors involved in sex scenes should strip and redress (redressing may fail sometimes for leveled actors - known issue) correctly.
  • Read the plugins' respective download pages to know how each plug-in works.

If youve got Leito's latest animations installed then that could be your problem because they don't recognise Fourplay yet . So if you want to use Fourplay with them until Fourplay is updated revert to Leitos older animations ( either an older zip version you might have kept or I think they might be under LEGACY animations in the current zip .

5 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

If youve got Leito's latest animations installed then that could be your problem because they don't recognise Fourplay yet . So if you want to use Fourplay with them until Fourplay is updated revert to Leitos older animations ( either an older zip version you might have kept or I think they might be under LEGACY animations in the current zip .

Thanks, I'll try that.

It works with Fourplay but the NEW animations don't get loaded hence the characters just standing there . If the mod randomly calls for an old animation it does recognise then it works ok , but if it randomly calls for one of the New  animations that have been updated by Leito then you get the standing bit . Leito's animation update is actually more recent than the community patch and Jaam's dll update just solves the flycam problem not the standing there animation problem .

Thanks Bruce!  I copied the Legacy assets to Main.  Anims now work in "coc 4test".  I still have one issue where its spits an error about Stripping and Dildo, NPCs dont get naked.  I can live with that. The warning popup is annoying.

edit - well is only partly working.  NPCs are doing it but not with the player...  I will keep trying things and watching the forum for stuff

-Rob

Some people have reported issues with some of the plugins , although for me anyway , Vanilla Fudge works fine at present with Leitos older animations . Also , you didn't leave in the new animations when you copied the old ones in did you ? You're better off just having only the old ones there and replace them with the new ones once/if Fourplay gets updated to work with them .

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2017 at 11:27 AM, Bruce Banner said:

Leito's older animations are in the same zip as the current zip under LEGACY animations .

Thank you - diabling Leito's anims allowed my FP to animate via Crazy's with Dogmeat!  No junk, but animation worked so another step closer to success!

EDIT: Fixed the junk - switched from Dongs to FP Nudesuits!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2017 at 6:16 PM, LordThrash said:

Thanks Bruce!  I copied the Legacy assets to Main.  Anims now work in "coc 4test".  I still have one issue where its spits an error about Stripping and Dildo, NPCs dont get naked.  I can live with that. The warning popup is annoying.

edit - well is only partly working.  NPCs are doing it but not with the player...  I will keep trying things and watching the forum for stuff

-Rob

Had this problem awhile back, Race Customizer/and or Player Exclusive Body seems to move the PC off the Four-Play allowed list. One of the the control menus, (can't remember which) lets you add things to it, adding the player character back on seemed to fix it.

• 3 months later...

Archived