[mod] [Stellaris] Sexual gameplay

On 5/2/2018 at 9:51 AM, theman221 said:

AHAAAAA that must be it! great job on spotting the error! I'll see what I can do to fix it, will take time though since I'm quite busy but I will try my best to patch it, thanks!

every_planet_within_border scopes to all planets within country borders. Seems like a simple fix.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:34 AM, Nalca said:

I looked at how you did the events and i think i found the reason for the lag :

Yours events are checked waaaay too aggressively by the game, thanks to the very short mean_time_to_happen and big triggers (Like every_pop)

Just for the brood parasite, you're checking every pop of every planet in the galaxy every 6 days !

I tried to use a bigger MTTH, but even with 3 month it's still laggy. (And also it create new bugs)

You must use on_actions for events like this, otherwise the game will be slow as hell later in the game, even on a small galaxy.

I don't know if you use the wiki of Stellaris so i will drop the link here.

https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Modding

But even with this problem, your mod is very fun !

I agree that on_action triggers will most likely improve performance. Looking over 00_on_actions.txt:

For a new pop on a planet we have:

on_pop_fully_grown, on_pop_birth?, on_pop_migration, on_pop_resettled

For modifying pops we have:

on_modification_complete

For new colonies with "a new life" expansion tradition we have:

on_colonized

What I don't see is any trigger for pops that are killed.

So unless I'm missing something, I don't think we can use on_actions for removal of planet flags.

I think we can still get rid of the MTtH pop modifier removal events by having them be is_triggered_only and called via the on_action triggers and the MThH planet flag removal events. This leaves us with just the planet_events for removing the interbreeding flags, but this is still a lot less checks than is currently being performed.

Hey guys I'm back, over 10 000 downloads woot!

On 5/8/2018 at 10:58 AM, pendleman said:

I agree that on_action triggers will most likely improve performance. Looking over 00_on_actions.txt:

For a new pop on a planet we have:

on_pop_fully_grown, on_pop_birth?, on_pop_migration, on_pop_resettled

For modifying pops we have:

on_modification_complete

For new colonies with "a new life" expansion tradition we have:

on_colonized

What I don't see is any trigger for pops that are killed.

So unless I'm missing something, I don't think we can use on_actions for removal of planet flags.

I think we can still get rid of the MTtH pop modifier removal events by having them be is_triggered_only and called via the on_action triggers and the MThH planet flag removal events. This leaves us with just the planet_events for removing the interbreeding flags, but this is still a lot less checks than is currently being performed.

Yes I'm aware the MTTH's are the problem, a bad move on my part early on in this mods development, I've spent quite allot of time trying to convert the mod to work with on_actions but no success yet, if you have any suggestions to make it work that would be great!

On 5/8/2018 at 8:37 AM, NoGodsorKings19 said:

have you considered adding Traits for things like Futa. I noticed some of the event referenced them. might be cool to have something other than 2 genders

There are no references to futas in my mod, thats from the MSSA mod, and I don't plan to add FUTA stuff sorry, just not my thing

Still trying to get the lag under control, thanks for all the help everyone, just tell me about all the bugs you find, so far I am aware of the following bugs:

-Hybrids with biomechanical breeders have no names

-If one nation gets the breeding with wildlife tech basically everyone gets the benefits somehow

I'll try get this fixed tell me about anymore thanks!

So from reading all the posts I've missed it looks like the hybrid event is also causing allot of the lag (not all apparently) does anyone have any idea what exactly is doing this? What aspect of said code is fucking shit up? haha

Yeah Hybrids are still very weird. Getting hybrid species using completely random traits rather than a mix of traits from parent species, and was unfortunate enough for my hybrids to roll need to breed resulting in one of my main worlds to get decimated as the new hybrid pop ripped apart the other species. Double infuriating when the 'father' species has intercompatible sperm and by definition should have been all male and thus not affected by a need to breed species.

5 minutes ago, Davidchan said:

Yeah Hybrids are still very weird. Getting hybrid species using completely random traits rather than a mix of traits from parent species, and was unfortunate enough for my hybrids to roll need to breed resulting in one of my main worlds to get decimated as the new hybrid pop ripped apart the other species. Double infuriating when the 'father' species has intercompatible sperm and by definition should have been all male and thus not affected by a need to breed species.

HAHHA oh boy sounds like fun, well its pretty complicated to get a mix of both traits from parents when it comes to coding it, but if you don't want your specieis to get wiped out by the need to breed trait just remove the addon mod, that way the need to breed trait will still be there but they won't just murder other species :smile:

23 hours ago, theman221 said:

HAHHA oh boy sounds like fun, well its pretty complicated to get a mix of both traits from parents when it comes to coding it, but if you don't want your specieis to get wiped out by the need to breed trait just remove the addon mod, that way the need to breed trait will still be there but they won't just murder other species :smile:

Remove the addon? I'm not sure I follow, I don't want to disable the mod as I like the other traits, particularly the ones aimed at interspecies breeding, though if there is a way to disable Need-To-Breed and Hybrids without uninstalling the entire mod I'd love to hear it.

1 hour ago, Davidchan said:

Remove the addon? I'm not sure I follow, I don't want to disable the mod as I like the other traits, particularly the ones aimed at interspecies breeding, though if there is a way to disable Need-To-Breed and Hybrids without uninstalling the entire mod I'd love to hear it.

Well the mod is plit into two parts the sexual gameplay folder and the sexual gameplay(addon) folder. Just delete the sexual gameplay(addon) folder along with the .mod file in your mods folder. As for hybrids you can disable it by removing the hybrids_interbreeder.txt in the events folder of the mod.

43 minutes ago, Rabbor said:

what mod are you using to get naked clothing? seems like the real human slaves hasn't been updated to 2.X stellaris so if its another mod what is it?

Because real human slaves (and also the naked elf patch and humanoid slaves) didn't need an update, the current version works fine with 2.0.x. No idea about 2.1.x that came out today, but I doubt there will be problems.

Of course, all mods that do more then just portrait stuff need to be updated to 2.1.x before they'll work again, especially those that add/modify anomalies.

Best regards

Kalderon

18 minutes ago, Kalderon said:

Because real human slaves (and also the naked elf patch and humanoid slaves) didn't need an update, the current version works fine with 2.0.x. No idea about 2.1.x that came out today, but I doubt there will be problems.

Of course, all mods that do more then just portrait stuff need to be updated to 2.1.x before they'll work again, especially those that add/modify anomalies.

Best regards

Kalderon

thanks

2 hours ago, Rabbor said:

what mod are you using to get naked clothing? seems like the real human slaves hasn't been updated to 2.X stellaris so if its another mod what is it?

Hey, I'm using a custom mod actually, I combined real humans slaves and I think humans+. I didn't release it because its basically a combination of two other mods that I didn't make so I didn't want to take credit for it :smile: 

8 hours ago, Rabbor said:

Human slaves worked for me yesterday, but there's been a new update today, so I'm not sure anymore.

I customized Human Slaves. There's a text file in there that specifies what the pop icons will wear during different circumstances. I think the file containing no apparel is called 'Birthday suit' or something. Anyway, just set all conditions to birthday suit, and you're good for a nudist human race.

EDIT:

Nude file is called "gfx/models/portraits/human/generic_nude_suit.dds", and the text file is in "RealHumanSlaves / gfx / portraits / asset_selectors"

EDIT2:

Been meaning to ask, does 'Need to Breed' automatically purge pops on the planet, or is this an edict we have to activate. I'd love it if Need to Breed by default simply stopped the species from reproducing completely while buffing the growth rate of the breeders. Female pops would get a debuff called something like 'Is being fucked constantly' and will reduce their science skills by 100% and happiness by 90%

I'd also include mineral, energy and unity in there, but I'm using the mod 'Make Space Sexy Again' which adds sex buildings intended to be operated by slaves or submissive species which produce unity, food or such. Leaving it unchecked might skew the balance, but nerfing it will break the mod compatability.

At least this way we could put the pops on a planet uninhabited by our need-to-breed pops if we wanted to raise their numbers.

On 12/27/2017 at 2:42 AM, theman221 said:

-Perfect interspecial incubators:

This all female species requires xeno genetic material to breed and birth males of the fathers species and females of the mothers species which causes a rise in happiness and growth speed of other species. There is a chance that they will birth a hybrid. You may also breed with dangerous xeno wild life if you research the appropriate technology, but beware there may be consequences! All leaders from this species will be female!

i am pretty sure when i played with this mod and made a race with that trait from the start... when i colonized a planet with xeno wild life they immediately started breeding with them... there was no tech requirement needed for them to start.

i think there is a research you can do to research a similar womb something trait? that is similar and i think that one has a research so its available with xeno wildlife too.

its been some weeks till i played with that trait so i dont exactly remember ... but i know they breed immediately with wildlife with no researched tech with the "Perfect interspecial incubators" trait

maybe doubble check the tech and both of them interspecial traits.

9 hours ago, Neliahawk said:

i am pretty sure when i played with this mod and made a race with that trait from the start... when i colonized a planet with xeno wild life they immediately started breeding with them... there was no tech requirement needed for them to start.

i think there is a research you can do to research a similar womb something trait? that is similar and i think that one has a research so its available with xeno wildlife too.

its been some weeks till i played with that trait so i dont exactly remember ... but i know they breed immediately with wildlife with no researched tech with the "Perfect interspecial incubators" trait

maybe doubble check the tech and both of them interspecial traits.

Yes I am aware of the problem, the issue is that if one empire in the galaxy has this tech every empire even if they haven't researched it receives the benefits, so yes its an error in the code on my part and I will attempt to fix it soonish :) thanks for helping me spot some bugs, hope you enjoy the mod!

ohh... hmm i guess its fallen empires then who have it researched right from the start then

i wonder if a game with no marauders/fallen empires... just normal empires would work right then... or if something else would have that researched somehow.. like curators or spacemonsters.

and yea this mod is pretty nice. is it compartible with the new update/dlc already? with the anomaly change and all that? (i remember some slime event... but that one could be the other mod from here haha)

(oh yea slimestuff is the other mod :D)

19 hours ago, theman221 said:

Yes I am aware of the problem, the issue is that if one empire in the galaxy has this tech every empire even if they haven't researched it receives the benefits, so yes its an error in the code on my part and I will attempt to fix it soonish :) thanks for helping me spot some bugs, hope you enjoy the mod!

i waiting fix :)