[mod] [Stellaris] Sexual gameplay

12 hours ago, DrMojoDoc said:

Tried out the new version and I'm happy to report that lag is now little to none

The all male/female event was not happening quickly enough in my game (100+ year) so I had to trigger it via console commands. Does it have some sort of MTTH where it has certain chance of happening in set amount of time? 

So Right now, the all male/female event is just a event box + modifier to the pops in a planet. Is there a way to change Pop icons to the appropriate gender (if applicable) as well? I wanted to try it myself, but I have no idea where to even begin. Few ideas I had proved to be way beyond what I am capable of.

a. I was thinking of creating a event spawn Pop with all male/female trait that works like "need to fuck" so that it can gradually replace the all the original Pop in a planet. Since it is technically an entirely new species, we can just assign female portraits only. The problem was that since it is entirely different species now, I didn't know how to have it call the correct dds files of original species and the correct traits to be assigned. I was thinking using the sub-species, but I don't know if the subspecies can selectively inherit the portraits.  

b. Some sort of hidden event that purges one Pop at a time with certain portrait when the planet is full. Have the "natural selection" play out. If the new Pop uses the correct gender portrait, it stays. if not, gets purged again when it fully grows. Eventually, all Pop of that species is either all male or female. The problem was that I don't know if there's way to call specific Pop by their portrait file names. + may negatively affect the performance if there's lot of planets firing this event simultaneously.

If you know answer to either of these problems I have, please feel free to share :) or you can even implement it yourself if you like the idea :P  

Hi there, the all male event should take place every 5 years but I just realised that I forgot to add the all female event to the list of on actions which means it won't start on it's own haha, I will be uploading a hot fix this issue among a few other minor bugs :)

as for the portrait changes I think I know how to implement portrait changes depending if the species is all female or all male, but it wouldn't work with mod portraits. It might be complicated to implement but I'm not sure. I'll look into implementing it but I won't make promises that I will any time soon. You'll need to have quite a bit of experience in modding events, you're can scan pops that have a certain portrait then automatically change their portrait if they have the male or female trait. I'm not sure how good this will be for performance though.

2 hours ago, nonameforme said:

My symbote elf + tentacle empire just got its 1st hybrid !!!!
I go check it out, it's a machine race.......Well, that escalate quickly.

Woops thought I fixed that, I'll upload a hotfix today that will fix that issue, I made a small logic mistake with the coding of the hybrid event that I fixed.

(I didn't check to see if these were mentioned in previous posts, since there are 20 pages of them)

If you're up for fixing typos, I've noticed a bunch just in the traits:

On highly submissive: yeild should be yield.

Cum guzzeler: guzzeler should be guzzler.

Perfect incubator: posses should be possess.

Borderline barren: difficulty should be difficult.

Sexually Repressed: tendancies should be tendencies.

Biomechanically optimized womb: females womb should be females' womb (it looks like it's intended to be possessive and plural).

Brood parasite: embryo's should be embryos (it's plural, not possessive). You can leave out the "its" in "a very large number of its young" or change it to their.

Perfect interspecial incubator: propogate should be propagate. Fathers should be fathers' (it's possessive).

Intercompatible sperm: propogate should be propagate here too.

3 hours ago, Traffy said:

(I didn't check to see if these were mentioned in previous posts, since there are 20 pages of them)

If you're up for fixing typos, I've noticed a bunch just in the traits:

On highly submissive: yeild should be yield.

Cum guzzeler: guzzeler should be guzzler.

Perfect incubator: posses should be possess.

Borderline barren: difficulty should be difficult.

Sexually Repressed: tendancies should be tendencies.

Biomechanically optimized womb: females womb should be females' womb (it looks like it's intended to be possessive and plural).

Brood parasite: embryo's should be embryos (it's plural, not possessive). You can leave out the "its" in "a very large number of its young" or change it to their.

Perfect interspecial incubator: propogate should be propagate. Fathers should be fathers' (it's possessive).

Intercompatible sperm: propogate should be propagate here too.

Fixed will upload the hotfix soon

3 hours ago, vane000 said:

Something I noticed Is that the leader trait for submissive gives the description with the "_"s

Also fixed, thanks for the bug spotting guys :) 

4 hours ago, Saulthedragon said:

Are there any plans for gay or gay implied content in this mod, or is there any already? This is definitely something I've been waiting for, but it seems entirely straight. 

Personally this isn't really my cup of tea so I won't implement any gay traits or events since each event does take allot of work and I need to be into it myself. I might in the future make a add-on to make the descriptions gender neutral and leave out any mention of gender so what ever you're into you can fill in the blanks. If youd like to change the descriptions to suite your tastes you can edit the necessary files and I can upload them as an add-on (I will ofc credit you). If you don't know how to do this id be more than happy to help, if you join our modding discord I can help you out there :)

23 hours ago, theman221 said:

Hi there, the all male event should take place every 5 years but I just realised that I forgot to add the all female event to the list of on actions which means it won't start on it's own haha, I will be uploading a hot fix this issue among a few other minor bugs :)

as for the portrait changes I think I know how to implement portrait changes depending if the species is all female or all male, but it wouldn't work with mod portraits. It might be complicated to implement but I'm not sure. I'll look into implementing it but I won't make promises that I will any time soon. You'll need to have quite a bit of experience in modding events, you're can scan pops that have a certain portrait then automatically change their portrait if they have the male or female trait. I'm not sure how good this will be for performance though.

That's great to hear! I thought they didn't have call function for portrait type or something. When you get into implementing the the forced icon change in all male/female traits, can you also add that to perfect interspecial incubator as well? Since the description mention that they are supposed to be all female :)

For some reason the Bio-mechanical breeders trait seems to be bugged in the latest version of the mod. If it try to build a robot with this trait it has a negativ growing rate even if there are biological pops on the planet. After a short time the robo-pop I tried to build is been removed. Might it be possible that the event for robots impregnating bio-females is firing to late?

Hey i am kinda having a problem it seems that the breeding and all that works but i cant get the event pic to pop up nor can i get the nude female in which you have in your pic and i have downloaded the legacy file and the balanced and the hotfix file any reply will be good

50 minutes ago, Canderous89 said:

For some reason the Bio-mechanical breeders trait seems to be bugged in the latest version of the mod. If it try to build a robot with this trait it has a negativ growing rate even if there are biological pops on the planet. After a short time the robo-pop I tried to build is been removed. Might it be possible that the event for robots impregnating bio-females is firing to late?

Hi there, a few questions, which version are you using, the balanced or normal version, and two do these biological species have the intercompatible sperm trait?

41 minutes ago, Martendo said:

Hey i am kinda having a problem it seems that the breeding and all that works but i cant get the event pic to pop up nor can i get the nude female in which you have in your pic and i have downloaded the legacy file and the balanced and the hotfix file any reply will be good

Hi which version are you using, the original or balanced version, also the nude females are not part of this mod, its a custom mod that combined the enhanced humans from the workshop and the real human slaves from loverslab, I didn't want to upload it because I basically just ripped off 2 other mods and didn't put a whole lot of effort and also I only changed the Caucasian portraits (because I personally like the look of them more not because I'm racist ;) ) sooooo I know paradox and pc gamer are real sensitive about race and if I uploaded it I'd probably have to make a portrait for all the races which I just don't have the energy to do, sorry! 

45 minutes ago, Martendo said:

Wait also did you install all of them at the same time, because if you did the mod will break please just install one at a time and make sure you remove the .mod files aswell when uninstalling.

@theman221:

I am using the balanced version. I tried two scenarios:

1) Robots with biomechanical breeeders and bio pops without any breeding traits -> result: robots do not grow

2) Robots with biomechanical breeeders and bio pops biomechanical optimized womb -> same result again

44 minutes ago, Canderous89 said:

@theman221:

I am using the balanced version. I tried two scenarios:

1) Robots with biomechanical breeeders and bio pops without any breeding traits -> result: robots do not grow

2) Robots with biomechanical breeeders and bio pops biomechanical optimized womb -> same result again

I can't seem to replicate the issue, did you wait for one month to pass? Because it takes a month for the modifiers to be added then when a new pop growing pop is added you have to wait another month before it starts to grow since the modifier needs to be added to it aswell.

I think this waiting time of one month could be the problem. As the robo pop has a negative growing rate it is removed after one month (before the modifier trigers?) I also started a new game and the result is still the same...

EDIT: I uploaded a picture to show you what I mean ;)

20180706185551_1.jpg

3 hours ago, theman221 said:

Hi there, a few questions, which version are you using, the balanced or normal version, and two do these biological species have the intercompatible sperm trait?

Hi which version are you using, the original or balanced version, also the nude females are not part of this mod, its a custom mod that combined the enhanced humans from the workshop and the real human slaves from loverslab, I didn't want to upload it because I basically just ripped off 2 other mods and didn't put a whole lot of effort and also I only changed the Caucasian portraits (because I personally like the look of them more not because I'm racist ;) ) sooooo I know paradox and pc gamer are real sensitive about race and if I uploaded it I'd probably have to make a portrait for all the races which I just don't have the energy to do, sorry! 

i used the sexual game play 1.3.5 [hotfix1](balanced).zip

22 hours ago, Canderous89 said:

I think this waiting time of one month could be the problem. As the robo pop has a negative growing rate it is removed after one month (before the modifier trigers?) I also started a new game and the result is still the same...

EDIT: I uploaded a picture to show you what I mean ;)

20180706185551_1.jpg

38 minutes ago, rmbcity said:

I have the same symptoms as Canderous89

There are also occasions when wildlife events are not active.

After a lot of attempts, I eventually went back to the previous version. :_:

Ok I know the issue here. So it seems paradox might have changed how machine pops worked, so now if a trait gives a negative growth rate bonus instead of just rounding to 0 growth per month like with biological pops it goes negative and the pop gets removed at the end of the month before the modifiers can be added so I'll try and fix that.

As for the wild life events not activating, a few questions, did you research the wild life breeding technology, if you didn't then  pops can't breed with wild life. Also there are some circumstances in which the wild life interbreeder notification won't come up but the appropriate modifiers will be added so it works ok just the notification doesn't pop up, this is just a consequence of the structure of my coding, not sure how to fix it I will see what I can do,