[mod] [Stellaris] Sexual gameplay

Great mod! But I'm having a problem and not sure if it's a bug?
I made a Perfect Interspecial Incubator in the Balanced version, and some days later it says that they are reproducing with xeno males. I didn't found any other race yet.

20180624235458_1.jpg

EDIT: As a test, I did a Intercompatible Sperm species and it doesn't has the same problem.

EDIT2: So I kept playing with the Intercompatible Sperm and they developed the ability to create robots. Normal robots, no biomechanical or something. And I was building the first robot pop when I had an alert that a hybrid between my race and a robot was created... and it looks a little buggy.

20180625024549_1.thumb.jpg.0682144725cc68a2e785aea0724ab611.jpg

20180625024537_1.thumb.jpg.daba74bf63dd15e8d82331cbf5c4dff6.jpg

The hybrid has all the rights of a biological species, but I was able to dissasemble it without any problem.

On 6/23/2018 at 5:04 PM, rus0789 said:

Hey, I'd like to change the way the hybrid spawn so they don't get random traits but inherit the traits of the mother species plus one of the father's. Is it possible? Which files should I change?

This is actually a pretty complex thing to do or at least the only ways I can think of doing it is complex. I am looking at changing the hybrid system so that instead of spawning a whole new species it'll be a species which will receive a random trait while keeping the parent species traits aswell. But I'm not sure if I will go along with this, I might just change it back to the old system.

If you really want to make that work you're going to have to learn how to mod events in stellaris. The stellaris modding wiki has allot of good information and you can look at the vanilla events aswell as events in any mod to understand the syntax. But yea it will be a very complicated job if you try to do it.

11 hours ago, VinnieSift said:

Great mod! But I'm having a problem and not sure if it's a bug?
I made a Perfect Interspecial Incubator in the Balanced version, and some days later it says that they are reproducing with xeno males. I didn't found any other race yet.

20180624235458_1.jpg

EDIT: As a test, I did a Intercompatible Sperm species and it doesn't has the same problem.

EDIT2: So I kept playing with the Intercompatible Sperm and they developed the ability to create robots. Normal robots, no biomechanical or something. And I was building the first robot pop when I had an alert that a hybrid between my race and a robot was created... and it looks a little buggy.

20180625024549_1.thumb.jpg.0682144725cc68a2e785aea0724ab611.jpg

20180625024537_1.thumb.jpg.daba74bf63dd15e8d82331cbf5c4dff6.jpg

The hybrid has all the rights of a biological species, but I was able to dissasemble it without any problem.

ah shit the first issue is quite strange, I'm not sure how to fix that, try and hold on for the upcoming update. As for the hybrid robots, yes I am aware of that problem and that should be remedied in the coming update as well.

Thanks for the headsup!

14 hours ago, Gatlinggoon said:

Love the mod, is there a  way i can look at the images you used for this?

In the coming update I will provide links to all the artists whose art I used, I just haven't had time sorry about that! You can open the GFX folder and find all the images there though you'll need a program that can open .dds files.

1 hour ago, RLTC3 said:

Am getting spammed with the wildlife breeding with the colonist. Had to start a new game to quickly copy and paste what I meant but yeah. That keeps on spawning rapidly for the same planet.

image.thumb.png.f87da369ede7b104f64dff1ca5463ff9.png

That's also very strange, try running it after turning off other mods to see if it's a conflict, if there is no conflict try starting a new game or reinstalling the mod. If that doesnt work then sadly you'll need to wait for the upcoming update which keeps getting delayed (sorry about that) but it will come soon :)

37 minutes ago, theman221 said:

That's also very strange, try running it after turning off other mods to see if it's a conflict, if there is no conflict try starting a new game or reinstalling the mod. If that doesnt work then sadly you'll need to wait for the upcoming update which keeps getting delayed (sorry about that) but it will come soon :)

Yeah. Seeing the tooltip and it goes from need_to_interbreed.16q.tooltip and q17 from time to time. The only mod I am using is the one that gives me unlimited trait points but will try that.

17 hours ago, RLTC3 said:

Yeah. Seeing the tooltip and it goes from need_to_interbreed.16q.tooltip and q17 from time to time. The only mod I am using is the one that gives me unlimited trait points but will try that.

Did you manage to fix the problem?

Hello! I don't seem to be able to play the mod. Each time I open the launcher it says that the mod supports 2.0.1, and I myself have the latest (2.1.0) installed.

I've tried rolling back to 2.0.5 and 1.9.1 and those don't work either. I'm not sure how to roll back to 2.0.1, or how to get this thing to load and play correctly.

Any tips? I've tried using Beta 1.3.3 and Beta 1.3.2.

2 hours ago, Bashkire said:

Hello! I don't seem to be able to play the mod. Each time I open the launcher it says that the mod supports 2.0.1, and I myself have the latest (2.1.0) installed.

I've tried rolling back to 2.0.5 and 1.9.1 and those don't work either. I'm not sure how to roll back to 2.0.1, or how to get this thing to load and play correctly.

Any tips? I've tried using Beta 1.3.3 and Beta 1.3.2.

Just ignore the version warning, the mod should work with the latest version of Stellaris. There are a few bugs but thats not due to the version of stellaris, its just some errors I've made when coding. These will be fixed in the upcoming version.

Ah, maybe there's something you want to check out: when you create a new colony ship, one or two new populations are created, even when using a species that is not breeding. Maybe you want to block a species that is not breeding to create colony ships or something to avoid the exploit.

So, I'm pretty new to Stellaris in general so this might be a dumb question.

I'm playing with evolution ascension perks in hopes of creating interbreedable species in the game. But so far I can only add Biomechnically optimized womb perk, other 3 perks are not available in Species modification window. Is this a intended design or is this a bug that needs to be addressed?

49 minutes ago, DrMojoDoc said:

So, I'm pretty new to Stellaris in general so this might be a dumb question.

I'm playing with evolution ascension perks in hopes of creating interbreedable species in the game. But so far I can only add Biomechnically optimized womb perk, other 3 perks are not available in Species modification window. Is this a intended design or is this a bug that needs to be addressed?

Yes it was done to avoid the ai gaining this perk since the ai won't by default add multiple species for interbreeders and that would heavily hinder the ai.

1 hour ago, VinnieSift said:

Ah, maybe there's something you want to check out: when you create a new colony ship, one or two new populations are created, even when using a species that is not breeding. Maybe you want to block a species that is not breeding to create colony ships or something to avoid the exploit.

Might be something I'll look into at some point but its not high on the list of priorities, thanks for the suggestion!

36 minutes ago, theman221 said:

Yes it was done to avoid the ai gaining this perk since the ai won't by default add multiple species for interbreeders and that would heavily hinder the ai.

Might be something I'll look into at some point but its not high on the list of priorities, thanks for the suggestion!

Woah, that was quick response. Thanks. 

A suggestion, if I may. If all we ever want is to prevent the AI from having access to this perk b/c the AI will be hindered by it, why not make a technology that the AI can't access and gate those interbreeding perks behind it? Treat it like one of those "advanced perk" after the genetic resequencing? 

Quick Question I wanted the Need to Breed perk, and the Perfect Interspecial Incubator which makes my specie all female in the text..... why do I still somehow have males who claim my codominant species females? I'm sure it will still kill them off If i give my co dominant species the intercompatible sperm perk as well! Will this be fixed?

EDIT: tested it, giving my co dominant species Intecompatible sperm, still results in the nonexistent females being claimed by my non existent males. which is hilarious. 

EDIT2: Probably not possible, but is it feasible to put a species "All (Insert gender)" tag? 

11 hours ago, Aled190 said:

Quick Question I wanted the Need to Breed perk, and the Perfect Interspecial Incubator which makes my specie all female in the text..... why do I still somehow have males who claim my codominant species females? I'm sure it will still kill them off If i give my co dominant species the intercompatible sperm perk as well! Will this be fixed?

EDIT: tested it, giving my co dominant species Intecompatible sperm, still results in the nonexistent females being claimed by my non existent males. which is hilarious. 

EDIT2: Probably not possible, but is it feasible to put a species "All (Insert gender)" tag? 

No the only way to do that would be to change the description of the need to breed events to gender neutral or create two separate events that scan if the pop in question have certain traits which I will probably not do. Maybe I will change the descriptions to gender neutral though.

I'm having an issue with running the mod. I've tried ignoring the warning messages, yet , the new traits/rulers aren't appearing when I attempt to create a new race. I'm relatively new to modding, especially with this game, so if you could help that would be great. The mod looks great too, can't wait to try it out. Thank you!

17 hours ago, Noodleface23 said:

I'm having an issue with running the mod. I've tried ignoring the warning messages, yet , the new traits/rulers aren't appearing when I attempt to create a new race. I'm relatively new to modding, especially with this game, so if you could help that would be great. The mod looks great too, can't wait to try it out. Thank you!

If you've followed all the installation steps I have on the mod page I don't really know how to help you, I don't know whats going wrong. just drag and drop the extracted folder and .mod file into the mods folder and it should run when you tick it in the mods list on the startup menu. There aren't anymore steps then that

On 6/26/2018 at 11:31 AM, theman221 said:

Did you manage to fix the problem?

It still happens from time to time on the same planet with the message still appearing. Will try it with the new update you have out.

Tried out the new version and I'm happy to report that lag is now little to none

The all male/female event was not happening quickly enough in my game (100+ year) so I had to trigger it via console commands. Does it have some sort of MTTH where it has certain chance of happening in set amount of time? 

So Right now, the all male/female event is just a event box + modifier to the pops in a planet. Is there a way to change Pop icons to the appropriate gender (if applicable) as well? I wanted to try it myself, but I have no idea where to even begin. Few ideas I had proved to be way beyond what I am capable of.

a. I was thinking of creating a event spawn Pop with all male/female trait that works like "need to fuck" so that it can gradually replace the all the original Pop in a planet. Since it is technically an entirely new species, we can just assign female portraits only. The problem was that since it is entirely different species now, I didn't know how to have it call the correct dds files of original species and the correct traits to be assigned. I was thinking using the sub-species, but I don't know if the subspecies can selectively inherit the portraits.  

b. Some sort of hidden event that purges one Pop at a time with certain portrait when the planet is full. Have the "natural selection" play out. If the new Pop uses the correct gender portrait, it stays. if not, gets purged again when it fully grows. Eventually, all Pop of that species is either all male or female. The problem was that I don't know if there's way to call specific Pop by their portrait file names. + may negatively affect the performance if there's lot of planets firing this event simultaneously.

If you know answer to either of these problems I have, please feel free to share :) or you can even implement it yourself if you like the idea :P