Hand/Breast Collision not Working?

Decided to to a clean install of my game, and even though I have everything set up exactly the same, collision doesn't seem to be working with my character's boobs. I use Lifelike Idle Animations, and normally they naturally move about the breasts, but currently they do not. I'm using normal UUNP with XPMSE HDT, and I'm using ECE instead of RaceMenu if that's of any concern. I've read about having to attach the HDT XMLs to the hand meshes in NifSkope, but they all are mentioning things such as Havoc Object which I'm pretty sure is outdated. Any tips? (oh and all my testing has been done while my character is totally naked)

By no means is this a definitive answer.... but I had a similar issue, turned out to be the XML files included with the jiggly bits mod I was using.  That has since been updated, and has both a CBBE and UNP version.  This uses the Havok Object, which I can't confirm is or is not outdated, but this path works for my game...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72030

There is A LOT of stuff to install here, mostly to support this mod author's XML and meshes.... but the ordering and main mods are important (at least they were for me)

With working/jiggly vagina bits:

1. Realistic Ragdolls and Force

2. UNP/UNPB/7B

3. HDT Bounce and Jiggles body (from the mod above)

4. Racemenu/ECE

5. HDT Physics Extension

6. SoS (full or light) or Atlas

7. Bunch of textures for different races....

8. HDT Bounce and Jiggles Required XML (from the mod above)

9. HDT Bounce and Jiggles UNP Skin Texture Patch (from the mod above)

10. HDT Bounce and Jiggles Argonian and Khajit patches (from the mod above)

11. HD Bounce and Jiggles SoS patch (from the mod above)

12. XMPSE Skeleton

Then run FNIS, bodyslide, etc. and so on...

That's also the prescribed install order as well...  it works well in my game, and I've not been able to make hand or SoS collisions work outside of this mod, so again.... works for me - might do the same for you?

If you rebuilt the body you could have lost xml links in the nif. Using the havok object, I believe, was a way to avoid editing each nif with xml links but either way you go you have to have something that links the body parts to the xml or hdt will not be able to do anything with that nif.

For example this is what I see when viewing the femalehands.nif

1. NiStringExtraData      Data/SKSE/Plugins/hdtFingers.xml

2. NiStringExtraData     Data/skse/plugins/hdtm.xml

You may need another extension for hands as well as the hdt.xml if you don't have a hdtFingers.xml in your data/skse/plugins folder. I don't know that you have to have one named fingers but it must be an xml built to work for hands I would assume.

This is how to get hdt for the body by only editing head.nif you may already have that working as it's in most mod packages that contain the head.nif.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76073?tab=description

Yeah I hear you... I mentioned the HDT Bounce and Jiggles specifically because a recent version had the issue of no collision on the hands.  If you were handy with the XML files, the hand sizes could be increased within the XML - these are basically the invisible "mittens" around the hands that create the collision with the other objects.  The author though, has since updated those XML files to work with the body meshes supported in the mod description.

I've also seen some users report success with modestly increasing the size of the L/R hands within Race Menu as well.  I had only limited success with this, and going larger than vanialla produces odd visuals (giant hands above .1 or .2 over vanilla).

read

You clearly haven't read enough, because there is a very clear set of instructions and they haven't changed in two years.

1. correct path in xmls

2. correct path name in nifs:, hands, body head and any other applicable part for the specific xml set you have, they not necessarily interchangeable, and you shouldn't assume they are.

3. "correctly" written xmls, xmls that cover full collision to begin with. HDT Bounce and anything else from the nexus except one relatively obscure one are not correctly written. Knightmare hasn't the faintest idea what he doing even when assembling them, and hasn't written a single ounce of settings or code himself. Those whom payed actual attention and wrote their own except Hydro herself all posts here, and that where you should probably start.

Like here.

You might want to read the authors statements about getting this shit correctly done while you're at it and kill rocks with one bird.

4. without a PE mempatch and correctly written xmls, collision might be intermittent anyway, so make sure you the last mempatch written, and again have xmls that actually support the types of collision you want and properly written to avoid bullshit.

5. Havok object is 100% redundant and uneeded.

6. If you're using a program to generate a body, it's on you to check that the generated meshes have correct path and xml attribution. There are two people whom on the nexus have been using old ass outdated attribution for all their followers one of whom generates about a follower every two months that gets about 5K dls each. One can only imagine what their support threads look like.

7. Shortcutting path attribution by sticking all (up to five paths) on the characater's head nif as RW311 pointed out is one way to avoid having to repath body part meshes when changing them out, but all the above issues with having a correctly written path and xmls still apply.

8. If you're using a mesh with crappy weight painting none of the above will even matter, so make sure that body you're using has proper weight painting to support PE to begin with.

• 11 months later...
On 12/24/2017 at 10:23 PM, zarzil said:

QFT, bazinga's is the only halfway decent, publicly available HDT-PE solution around.

Why is that? It's been a year since your comment and there's still not a better and simplier more user friendly option for people who aren't good with diy. Kinda of shit that people are hoarding their files for themselves instead of also sharing with the community like bazinga did. What could it hurt.

15 hours ago, lordregnis said:

Why is that? It's been a year since your comment and there's still not a better and simplier more user friendly option for people who aren't good with diy. Kinda of shit that people are hoarding their files for themselves instead of also sharing with the community like bazinga did. What could it hurt.

Plenty of these packages exist.  None are better than Bazingas, in terms of being broadly useful across most platforms and with most models.  Improving on that package means DIY - no HDT system magically knows what models you're using, their sizes, the FPS you're running the game at, and so on.  All of those things impact how HDT behaves.  If you want easy to use, you install his setup and use the body types he recommends.

If you want better, no one can give it to you, because better means learning the system and tailoring it to your specific wants.

• 8 months later...
On 12/21/2017 at 8:24 PM, 27X said:

You clearly haven't read enough, because there is a very clear set of instructions and they haven't changed in two years.

1. correct path in xmls

2. correct path name in nifs:, hands, body head and any other applicable part for the specific xml set you have, they not necessarily interchangeable, and you shouldn't assume they are.

3. "correctly" written xmls, xmls that cover full collision to begin with. HDT Bounce and anything else from the nexus except one relatively obscure one are not correctly written. Knightmare hasn't the faintest idea what he doing even when assembling them, and hasn't written a single ounce of settings or code himself. Those whom payed actual attention and wrote their own except Hydro herself all posts here, and that where you should probably start.

Like here.

You might want to read the authors statements about getting this shit correctly done while you're at it and kill rocks with one bird.

4. without a PE mempatch and correctly written xmls, collision might be intermittent anyway, so make sure you the last mempatch written, and again have xmls that actually support the types of collision you want and properly written to avoid bullshit.

5. Havok object is 100% redundant and uneeded.

6. If you're using a program to generate a body, it's on you to check that the generated meshes have correct path and xml attribution. There are two people whom on the nexus have been using old ass outdated attribution for all their followers one of whom generates about a follower every two months that gets about 5K dls each. One can only imagine what their support threads look like.

7. Shortcutting path attribution by sticking all (up to five paths) on the characater's head nif as RW311 pointed out is one way to avoid having to repath body part meshes when changing them out, but all the above issues with having a correctly written path and xmls still apply.

8. If you're using a mesh with crappy weight painting none of the above will even matter, so make sure that body you're using has proper weight painting to support PE to begin with.

"5. Havok object is 100% redundant and uneeded."

----------------

i don't understand^. u state the hdt obj isn't needed for breast collision...but then the link to Bazinga's mod actually uses an hdt object.

so how does one get collision withOUT the use of the obj?

Archived